Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch and Zelda Breath of the Wild: March 3/17

I think that it's a huge mistake to not have any way of connecting it to a television.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I think that it's a huge mistake to not have any way of connecting it to a television.
    I wouldn't mind about No TV dock at all, I'll just treat it as a powerful handheld console. It's great that I'm going to use less hardware and cables so I could switch *snap* between the console and PC gaming.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

Currently: Overwatch for Switch on October.
    Smash: SNK & Banjo n Kazooie DLC currently revealed.

Even Better

Super Nintendo collection for Switch tomorrow.

SNES Switch controller for 30 dollars, not bad for a controller.

Everything that happened on today's Nintendo Direct

https://kotaku.com/everything-announ...ect-1837883599
    Last edited by Fendi; September 4, 2019 at 06:48pm.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    Currently: Overwatch for Switch on October.
    Smash: SNK & Banjo n Kazooie DLC currently revealed.

Even Better

Super Nintendo collection for Switch tomorrow.

SNES Switch controller for 30 dollars, not bad for a controller.

Everything that happened on today's Nintendo Direct

https://kotaku.com/everything-announ...ect-1837883599
    I'm stoked for the SNES games!

YES!!

My boy Terry Bogard is actually coming to Smash!?!?!

Whoo! Hoo!

This is a personal Dream Come true! I joked with my buddy that SNK franchises would be awesome in SSBU because of the Street Fighter characters, but I never thought it would actually happen!!

Way to go Nintendo/Sakurai... I truly think this man is some sort of deity to be able to get so many different franchises united under one banner.

https://www.destructoid.com/the-art-...t-571442.phtml

Looks like you're going to get Art of Super Mario Odyssey book

Terry Bogard is live right now! Go download him and let the fury begin!

Masahiro Sakurai had a press release / Nintendo mini-direct to explain all the new goodies that come along with Terry!

Check it out:

So far, Terry has been one of the harder characters for me to get adjusted. His move set is awesome and Terry is a powerhouse, but his smash attacks have limited range and his specials leave him wide open to counterattacks... of course it's probably just me trying to acclimate to a "brawler" type character after playing Simon for sooooo long!

I think I read a headline somewhere that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has surpassed Street Fighter II to become the top selling fighting game of all time. If that's true, then that's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I think I read a headline somewhere that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has surpassed Street Fighter II to become the top selling fighting game of all time. If that's true, then that's awesome!
    You are correct!

"Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch has sold over 15.7 million copies, officially passing Street Fighter II's 15.5 million to become the best-selling fighting game of all time."

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/11...ting-game-ever

Although there are some stipulations, such as not knowing if Capcom is counting all the arcade cabinets and 8-bit ports of SF II... but, seeing as how SSBU has never appeared in an arcade (which would be mind-blowing!!) but has managed to move 15.7 MILLION copies in just 11 months is just incredible.

It has become one of my go-to games that seems to consistently drop new content and has one of the better online communities.

Looks like Mario Maker 2 have 2.0 update this week.

my only reaction: This will not end well.

I'm not sure if anyone has had the opportunity to play Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order yet...

I picked it up at a great price, and I am loving it. There is an incredibly deep character development/management system, a compelling story, great gameplay, and tons of content.

The characters are all wonderfully created and, with the exception of some strange (popular) choices, all of them are a blast to play! No matter your preference, there is bound to be a set of characters that you will love upgrading and playing as.

I have barely begun to scratch the surface of this game... so if anyone has some good tips, I'll gladly listen!

Anyway, I am very impressed with the production values in this game - and that it's a Nintendo Switch exclusive!

Highly recommended!

My daughter really wanted Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and for once I wanted her to be able to play a game when it is still considered "new" (not like wait five years till everyone else has moved on to play newer consoles).

So I bought a Switch the other day, and also got BOTW. Always thought about giving that game a shot, the environment visuals alone make the game worth playing.

I'm not sure if anyone has had the opportunity to play Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order yet...

I picked it up at a great price, and I am loving it. There is an incredibly deep character development/management system, a compelling story, great gameplay, and tons of content.

The characters are all wonderfully created and, with the exception of some strange (popular) choices, all of them are a blast to play! No matter your preference, there is bound to be a set of characters that you will love upgrading and playing as.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1skc1U-PtM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXfRV-2TGk4

I have barely begun to scratch the surface of this game... so if anyone has some good tips, I'll gladly listen!

Anyway, I am very impressed with the production values in this game - and that it's a Nintendo Switch exclusive!

Highly recommended!
    How much did you get it for? I've been looking for it to drop in price before I get it.

How much did you get it for? I've been looking for it to drop in price before I get it.
    I don't think Nintendo's product will have a steep discounts to be honest, not like Steam games or anything.

I don't think Nintendo's product will have a steep discounts to be honest, not like Steam games or anything.
    Yeah, even used, Gamestop sells it for $54.99... really?!? FIVE buck off???

I should have been more clear, I was gifted a $50 Target giftcard and decided to put it toward Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.

I have had my eye on the game for a long time, and realized that because it's a Nintendo Switch exclusive, it will most likely never drop in price.

But, if it's any consolation, even if you pick it up for the MSRP, I feel like it is worth the price - after having played it. It is uniquely its own beast... neither too comic book or cartoon, nor too MCU, but a cool hybrid of all three with incredible art direction.

If you enjoyed X-Men Legends I/II and Marvel UA 1/2, then you will definitely like this... it's overflowing with cool content.

I saw the gameplay and the review for Black Order, it wasn't expected to be good nor bad but it's not offended me. But I will say this is a lot better than what Konami gave us on Contra: Rogue Corps.

I saw the gameplay and the review for Black Order, it wasn't expected to be good nor bad but it's not offended me. But I will say this is a lot better than what Konami gave us on Contra: Rogue Corps.
    The last good Contra game was Hard Corps for the Genesis/Master System...

Rogue Corps is a jumbled mess that has more in common with Capcom's Cannon Spike than the Contra franchise.

I definitely wouldn't put it and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 in the same category...

This is a decent review from IGN, but I have to say, once you really get into the game and start to develop your favorite characters - plus, with all of the additional DLC - the score definitely goes up for me!

Rogue Corps is a jumbled mess that has more in common with Capcom's Cannon Spike than the Contra franchise.

I definitely wouldn't put it and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 in the same category...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNGqrucrENo

This is a decent review from IGN, but I have to say, once you really get into the game and start to develop your favorite characters - plus, with all of the additional DLC - the score definitely goes up for me!
    The Marvel Ultimate Alliance games are usually pretty fun, especially if you have a co-OP player. At least I liked the first two games.

Of course at present I'm playing my way through the new remastered Wonderful 101.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

I disagree, the last good Contra was Contra 4 made by WayForward. and the last "awkward Parody" of Contra was rebirth. I just disappointed about it because it's not run and gun, not even Alien Swarm for Zeus' sake.

I disagree, the last good Contra was Contra 4 made by WayForward. and the last "awkward Parody" of Contra was rebirth. I just disappointed about it because it's not run and gun, not even Alien Swarm for Zeus' sake.
    Contra 4 is a fun game... but, it didn't break the mold like Hard Corps did!

Here is the latest Nintendo Direct Mini:

Pretty cool, but nothing that says "must-buy" for me.

Here is the latest Nintendo Direct Mini:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNtacp8-GoI

Pretty cool, but nothing that says "must-buy" for me.
    1. I forgot that Cadance of Hyrule exist, It's great that the game get the new Ultimate Pack for new comers.

2. I don't trust Hi-Rez anymore, but Rogue Company may look promising, hope it will live up it's expectation.

3. Don't mess with Kofi Kingston. between Seth, Austin, and others? I love how Kofi, RKO, and Reigns play games, patience, not overhype until it needed. Ornclown, you should watch when WWE went to Last Gamers museum, that was the last time I saw Kofi jumping like crazy over Xenophobe Arcade game.

4. hate to say this but I never heard of Megami game since SNES.

- - - Updated - - -

Contra 4 is a fun game... but, it didn't break the mold like Hard Corps did!
    But the damn game is frustrated, it ticking me off

Since we have like a full log of Iwata Ask? Your time is now... well 2021 but at least it is here.

https://www.destructoid.com/stories/...a-598593.phtml

But the damn game is frustrated, it ticking me off
    Yep! The Japanese version is easier... but, not by much. Completing Hard Corps was a monumental achievement for me back in the day!! I don't think I could ever do it again!

Since we have like a full log of Iwata Ask? Your time is now... well 2021 but at least it is here.

https://www.destructoid.com/stories/...a-598593.phtml
    This is fantastic!

I would love to read more about one of the greatest men to ever be a part of the gaming world.

Iwata was all about one thing: fun. He wasn't concerned with turning a huge profit or pushing out as much software as possible in a given quarter... no, he was only concerned with how much enjoyment families would get out of their Nintendo consoles and games.

He changed the face of gaming as we know it.

I want this book!

Yep! The Japanese version is easier... but, not by much. Completing Hard Corps was a monumental achievement for me back in the day!! I don't think I could ever do it again!
    I was talking about Contra 4. :P

I don't know if anyone here is a fan, but Pikmin 3 is coming to the Switch!!

I, for one, can't wait!

I don't know if anyone here is a fan, but Pikmin 3 is coming to the Switch!!

I, for one, can't wait!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSSQ0Z6eDhU
    I was a fan of the Overlord games, which share a similar play style to Pikmin, so I'll probably be looking into this when it comes out.
    I am Imp's number one fan.