Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: He-Man guest character in Injustice 2 game - contact and encourage Ed Boon and Mattel

Heroic Warrior

He-Man guest character in Injustice 2 game - contact and encourage Ed Boon and Mattel

https://twitter.com/HeManOrg/status/824757185469153281

Like, Retweet, Reply!!!

"Ed Boon also teased that there is good chance NetherRealm will release third-party characters as DLC for Injustice 2. He said these were very popular in Mortal Kombat X, so NetherRealm is doing it again."
    Last edited by Kesmai; January 27, 2017 at 03:14pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks again for the update Kesmai!

He-Man as a guest character in Injustice 2 will be awesome, and really it would be a very good thing for the franchise itself to be part of such popular video game, alongside with other popular characters like Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman. And i believe that many MOTU fans would love to see it happen. The question is can be done?

I' ve always been a supporter for a further integration of MOTU in the DC Multiverse, because the hard truth is MOTU cannot survive currently alone. There is a huge competition, MOTU is not like the old days, and Mattel can't pubblish any new MOTU stories by themselves without a big pubblisher to do it, and back them up. Mattel with DC has the longhest partnerhip from any other company when it comes to MOTU (including both cartoon and comic production). From 1982-85 and from 2012 until now. Which means 8 years. It's a really long time. If Mattel could find an agreement with WB/DC to expand further their partnership for what concern He-Man, into the video games sector, that would be awesome. Since DC/WB onws also the Thundercats, they could be included too. It's obvious that currently there is a big request to see various characters and franchises interacting between themselves. For this reason 2016 was the year of the crossovers. And there is also the segregation strategy to a bigger unified Universe. Marvel started it with big success, DC followed and now Hasbro is also doing it. This is how the things are now. MOTU as part of a bigger Universe would have better chances than being alone.
    Last edited by granamyr80; January 25, 2017 at 01:13pm.

I'll put this up in the news later today or tomorrow!

I'm knee deep in a deadline at the moment.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I'll put this up in the news later today or tomorrow!

I'm knee deep in a deadline at the moment.
    Excellent! Thanks!

I think Stjepan Sejic's sideshow statue design would be the perfect default costume

IMG_5884.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

But if it's too high fantasy, they could always take a recent comic redesign as inspiration. Plenty of possibilities for alternative costumes.

I tweeted out to Ed a couple of weeks ago about the possibility of He-Man and/or Skeletor as DLC for Injustice 2 a couple of weeks back, but unfortunately I didn't get any response.
    I'm a winner... maybe.

Heroic Warrior
    I actually asked Ed Boon on twitter the same question before first Injustice game. As much as I would like this to happen it probably won't. But hey, with all the gear and customization options, we will be able to make Aquaman to look like He-Man

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincdust View Post
    I tweeted out to Ed a couple of weeks ago about the possibility of He-Man and/or Skeletor as DLC for Injustice 2 a couple of weeks back, but unfortunately I didn't get any response.
    We need everyone reaching out and creating buzz about this so we can at least say we gave it a try.

- - - Updated - - -

Tweet going: https://twitter.com/MyTechFriend/sta...85244945735685

Hey- I hadn't really thought about it but He-Man characters in a DC fighting game would seem like a prefect fit... They have been opposite eachother in DC comics before after all...

I don't see what Mattel would have against it... I mean- they did allow He-Man appearing alongside Hasbro's G.I. Joe in the 'Toy Soldiers - War Chest' video game in 2015...

What they probably won't allow NetherRealms to do is have their characters get gruesomely killed or undergo any gross fatalities in the typical Mortal Kombat fashion but If I remember correctly DC demanded the same thing for their characters in both 'DC VS Mortal Kombat' and 'Injustice'. Wasn't that why they replaced 'fatalities' with 'brutalities'?

Anyway- I sure hope this thing happens. Keeping fingers crossed!

Of course if He-Man does show up, one of his special moves simply must have Battlecat leap in for a quick pouncing attack.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by the fixer View Post
    What they probably won't allow NetherRealms to do is have their characters get gruesomely killed or undergo any gross fatalities in the typical Mortal Kombat fashion but If I remember correctly DC demanded the same thing for their characters in both 'DC VS Mortal Kombat' and 'Injustice'. Wasn't that why they replaced 'fatalities' with 'brutalities'?
    Correct DC character NetherRealm games have a little blood and Super Moves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    Of course if He-Man does show up, one of his special moves simply must have Battlecat leap in for a quick pouncing attack.
    Definitely pictured that!

- - - Updated - - -

Ed Boon did a poll back in November. http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/11/...ters-fan-vote/

Heroic Warrior
    He-Man's special attack should have Battlecat in action. Btw, Injustice doesn't have blood, only Mortal Kombat has

Heroic Warrior
    Ed Boon said "NO" to Power Rangers and they are teaming up with Justice League in comics right now and movie in March.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesmai View Post
    Ed Boon said "NO" to Power Rangers and they are teaming up with Justice League in comics right now and movie in March.
    Power Rangers are currently pubblished by Boom, and not DC, who doesn't have any PR licence. He-Man is licenced and pubblished by DC for years now. It's still very difficult to see it happen for different reasons, but if there was any intention to do it, i believe that would be easier for DC to add He-Man, than Power Rangers from whom, they doen't have any licence or partnership.
    Last edited by granamyr80; January 26, 2017 at 03:51pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    Power Rangers are currently pubblished by Boom, and not DC, who doesn't have any PR licence. He-Man is licenced and pubblished by DC for years now. It's still very difficult to see it happen for different reasons, but if there was any intention to do it, i believe that would be easier for DC to add He-Man, than Power Rangers from whom, they doen't have any licence or partnership.
    Yes, very true. I see no correlation to this and He-Man's possibilities.

Will of course come down to what Ed Boon and NetherRealm creatively want to do and what characters they believe would fit in with the game universe. MKX had 4 guest characters out of 8 DLC characters post launch. Tweets and polls by Ed Boon so far suggest that Spawn, Sub-Zero, and a Watchmen character are strong possibilities (although a Watchmen character might not count as a guest character since they are now officially part of DC Universe Rebirth).

Great idea! I don't play many video games, but they would be fun characters to include.

I'm very excited about this idea. Let's make it happen via Twitter: #HeManForInjustice2

I'd love to see He-Man & Skeletor in Injustice 2, but I think it would be quite simple to have a Teela skin (or even probably She-Ra) on Wonder Woman as it is depicted in Injustice games. Also, as far I've seen, Beast Man skin on Gorilla Grodd too.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

Heroic Warrior
    https://twitter.com/HeManOrg/status/824757185469153281

Like, Retweet, Reply!!!

#HeManForInjustice2

Adding MOTU to Injustice 2 has a lot of potential for story development and for introducing great humor, great heroes (e.g. He-Man, She-Ra) and great villains (e.g. Skeletor, Hordak) to the game. It could also further the inter-team dynamic of the game, as heroes would have to unite to succeed if they wish to stop the DC/MOTU villains from coming out on top. There are lots of possible He-Man combinations (e.g. He-Man-Superman, He-Man-Batman, He-Man-Wonder Woman) and She-Ra combinations (e.g. She-Ra-Superman, She-Ra-Supergirl, She-Ra-Wonder Woman). And some great villain combinations too (e.g. Skeletor-Brainiac, Skeletor-Darkseid, Hordak-Brainiac, Hordak-Darkseid, Skeletor-Hordak). Bring it on, NetherReal!
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller

I'm not a gamer but if He-Man is in it I'll buy it for sure
    Check out the Masters Of The Galaxy Podcast. And also check out Masters of the Galaxy Facebook page

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Heroic Warrior
    They'll be doing future streams and Q&A so hopefully Ed Boon will say "Yes or No" at some point on his Twitter or live stream or we just wait and find out. He also said "NO" to Space Ghost (Hanna Barbera WB owned) during the last Q&A livestream. Let's keep asking! #askedboon
    Last edited by Kesmai; January 29, 2017 at 09:26am.

They'll be doing future streams and Q&A so hopefully Ed Boon will say "Yes or No" at some point on his Twitter or live stream or we just wait and find out. He also said "NO" to Space Ghost (Hanna Barbera WB owned) during the last Q&A livestream. Let's keep asking! #askedboon
    Space Ghost would be great too and Thundarr
    Check out the Masters Of The Galaxy Podcast. And also check out Masters of the Galaxy Facebook page

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Widget
    I\d like to see He-Man in a fighting game.

Mattel All-Stars maybe?

Heroic Warrior
    Discussion on Facebook

----------

Joey Positano: MOTU was literally in a series with The Justice League when Injustice 1 came out and they talked a out putting He-Man and Skeletor in as hidden characters but my cousin who works for Neitherealm said someone high up in D.C. Office has an grudge or something with one of the Mattel people so getting the rights or allowing He-Man and other won't happen because of one person. I'd like to find who it is and change their mind for them.

Mike Friend: The last DLC for Injustice came out in August 2013. The first issue of DCU vs MOTU came out in September 2013. Ed Boon debunked a DLC pack 2 in July 2013. Unless there was talk behind the scenes while both the game and comic were in development. If there is bad blood between an executive at DC with someone at Mattel, it certainly hasn't stopped all the MOTU comics from being published.

Joey Positano: Mike Friend Lol. I didn't put that much thought into it. So I typed it wrong. It's between someone who works for Netherealm and someone at D.C. or Mattel. (This I know because my cousin works for them and even has his name in credits for Injustice) regardless of when the crossover comic came out, I knew and told him D.C. owns the MOTU comic rights. So i asked if there was a chance. He said yes it was in talks. He-Man and Skeletor were thrown out there and a large amount of the team working on the game wanted them. But 1 guy with an issue was the sole reason it never came about.

Heroic Warrior
    Discussion on Facebook

----------

Joey Positano: MOTU was literally in a series with The Justice League when Injustice 1 came out and they talked a out putting He-Man and Skeletor in as hidden characters but my cousin who works for Neitherealm said someone high up in D.C. Office has an grudge or something with one of the Mattel people so getting the rights or allowing He-Man and other won't happen because of one person. I'd like to find who it is and change their mind for them.

Mike Friend: The last DLC for Injustice came out in August 2013. The first issue of DCU vs MOTU came out in September 2013. Ed Boon debunked a DLC pack 2 in July 2013. Unless there was talk behind the scenes while both the game and comic were in development. If there is bad blood between an executive at DC with someone at Mattel, it certainly hasn't stopped all the MOTU comics from being published.

Joey Positano: Mike Friend Lol. I didn't put that much thought into it. So I typed it wrong. It's between someone who works for Netherealm and someone at D.C. or Mattel. (This I know because my cousin works for them and even has his name in credits for Injustice) regardless of when the crossover comic came out, I knew and told him D.C. owns the MOTU comic rights. So i asked if there was a chance. He said yes it was in talks. He-Man and Skeletor were thrown out there and a large amount of the team working on the game wanted them. But 1 guy with an issue was the sole reason it never came about.
    Thank you very much for all the info and the update Kesmai!

Though i feel sad. He-Man and Skeletor they were going already to be at Injustice 1 and it didn't happen because of a personal grudge?! Another missed opportunity for MOTU.