Thread: He-Man guest character in Injustice 2 game - contact and encourage Ed Boon and Mattel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Heroic Warrior

He-Man guest character in Injustice 2 game - contact and encourage Ed Boon and Mattel

https://twitter.com/HeManOrg/status/824757185469153281

Like, Retweet, Reply!!!

"Ed Boon also teased that there is good chance NetherRealm will release third-party characters as DLC for Injustice 2. He said these were very popular in Mortal Kombat X, so NetherRealm is doing it again."
    Last edited by Kesmai; January 27, 2017 at 03:14pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks again for the update Kesmai!

He-Man as a guest character in Injustice 2 will be awesome, and really it would be a very good thing for the franchise itself to be part of such popular video game, alongside with other popular characters like Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman. And i believe that many MOTU fans would love to see it happen. The question is can be done?

I' ve always been a supporter for a further integration of MOTU in the DC Multiverse, because the hard truth is MOTU cannot survive currently alone. There is a huge competition, MOTU is not like the old days, and Mattel can't pubblish any new MOTU stories by themselves without a big pubblisher to do it, and back them up. Mattel with DC has the longhest partnerhip from any other company when it comes to MOTU (including both cartoon and comic production). From 1982-85 and from 2012 until now. Which means 8 years. It's a really long time. If Mattel could find an agreement with WB/DC to expand further their partnership for what concern He-Man, into the video games sector, that would be awesome. Since DC/WB onws also the Thundercats, they could be included too. It's obvious that currently there is a big request to see various characters and franchises interacting between themselves. For this reason 2016 was the year of the crossovers. And there is also the segregation strategy to a bigger unified Universe. Marvel started it with big success, DC followed and now Hasbro is also doing it. This is how the things are now. MOTU as part of a bigger Universe would have better chances than being alone.
    Last edited by granamyr80; January 25, 2017 at 01:13pm.

I'll put this up in the news later today or tomorrow!

I'm knee deep in a deadline at the moment.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I'll put this up in the news later today or tomorrow!

I'm knee deep in a deadline at the moment.
    Excellent! Thanks!

I think Stjepan Sejic's sideshow statue design would be the perfect default costume

IMG_5884.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

But if it's too high fantasy, they could always take a recent comic redesign as inspiration. Plenty of possibilities for alternative costumes.

I tweeted out to Ed a couple of weeks ago about the possibility of He-Man and/or Skeletor as DLC for Injustice 2 a couple of weeks back, but unfortunately I didn't get any response.
    I'm a winner... maybe.

Heroic Warrior
    I actually asked Ed Boon on twitter the same question before first Injustice game. As much as I would like this to happen it probably won't. But hey, with all the gear and customization options, we will be able to make Aquaman to look like He-Man

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincdust View Post
    I tweeted out to Ed a couple of weeks ago about the possibility of He-Man and/or Skeletor as DLC for Injustice 2 a couple of weeks back, but unfortunately I didn't get any response.
    We need everyone reaching out and creating buzz about this so we can at least say we gave it a try.

- - - Updated - - -

Tweet going: https://twitter.com/MyTechFriend/sta...85244945735685