Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: He-Man guest character in Injustice 2 game - contact and encourage Ed Boon and Mattel

Sounds awesome
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Heroic Warrior
    Here are my odds for He-Man DLC reveal for Injustice 2:

SDCC this weekend - 50% chance

EVO next month - 35% chance

Power Con next month - 15% chance

NYCC in October - 5% chance

After that I'd give it a 0% chance for Injustice 2 and we'll have to wait for Injustice 3 or the next DC game that invites 3rd party characters. But with the crossover comic He-Man's chances to get in a modern video game just went way up on the plus side even if he doesn't make it into Injustice 2.

Heroic Warrior
    I was just about to say that He-Man at this point is likely going to get the "delayed Spawn treatment in Mortal Kombat" (too little too late for Mortal Kombat X but now very likely for Mortal Kombat 11) and show up in a proposed Injustice 3 in April 2021...but now with the recent news of DC Comics pulling their toy license from Mattel and going with a rival toy company this puts this likelihood very much in jeopardy if this creates any bad blood between the companies - which I'm guessing it will

Heroic Warrior
    New surprise He-Man Multiverse comic miniseries collaboration with DC comics puts He-man back on the table for a guest character potential appearance in Injustice 3 in spring 2021 (assuming NetherRealm continues their predictable game cycle and makes Injustice 3 and not another game). Cross promotion potential for spring 2021 movie. 2022 is 40th anniversary of He-Man.

- - - Updated - - -

He-Dad says this topic was brought up and acknowledged in some fashion at the Mattel panel at Power Con:

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...=1#post3852128

- - - Updated - - -

#HeManForInjustice3

I've always wanted to see them in Injustice. I think that Injustice vs MotU comic must have been born from the fans asking for them. Frankly I think Boon and Netherrealm could make a standalone MotU game.

Though in the run up to MK11 I heard Boon say something along the lines of being tired just doing fighting games. I wouldn't be against him and his company having a crack at a MotU beat 'em up like Shaolin Monks or even a RPG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

I'd rather see MOTU get its own game rather than just make a guest appearance somewhere else.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    I'd rather see MOTU get its own game rather than just make a guest appearance somewhere else.
    Certainly with the movie and anime it has a greater possibility of happening. But I will take a guest appearance over nothing and the DC Comic connection has already been long established. It's more about cross promotion appeal and getting him out there in front of more potential eyeballs than normal.

- - - Updated - - -

Mattel Power Con panel

"A fan brought it up and they said it's a possibility and that there's more coming. I think Mattel is seriously investing now that theres new media."

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...=1#post3852822

- - - Updated - - -

Terminator T-800 DLC guest character for Mortal Kombat 11 releasing this October less than 30 days before the new Terminator: Dark Fate movie comes to theaters...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesmai View Post
    Certainly with the movie and anime it has a greater possibility of happening. But I will take a guest appearance over nothing and the DC Comic connection has already been long established. It's more about cross promotion appeal and getting him out there in front of more potential eyeballs than normal.

- - - Updated - - -

Mattel Power Con panel

"A fan brought it up and they said it's a possibility and that there's more coming. I think Mattel is seriously investing now that theres new media."

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...=1#post3852822

- - - Updated - - -

Terminator T-800 DLC guest character for Mortal Kombat 11 releasing this October less than 30 days before the new Terminator: Dark Fate movie comes to theaters...
    So Joker is being added to Mortal Kombat 11 later this year. I wonder if there is any chance they add Skeletor to that game? He would fit right in.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    So Joker is being added to Mortal Kombat 11 later this year. I wonder if there is any chance they add Skeletor to that game? He would fit right in.
    Joker movie releases in October and DLC is January. All under the Warner Bros umbrella. I think Paramount/James Cameron paid for the marketing tie-in for Terminator T-100 DLC and release in October just before the movie release in November.

I don't think Mattel would want Skeletor in Mortal Kombat with all the blood and gore (despite the modern comics showcasing blood but not to the degree of Mortal Kombat). That and I think we'd lucky to get only one MOTU DLC representative and that would have to be He-Man.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    fingers crossed for this!!!!! MOTU in the Injustice series would be absolutely EPIC!!!!