Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: He-Man guest character in Injustice 2 game - contact and encourage Ed Boon and Mattel

Aha... Very interesting, that, Kesmai...
    A grudge is never good, but they have talked about the possibility...

I'm confident that they will work things out in the end.
    The more I think about it, I really can't think of any other third-party characters that would fit better in an Injustice game than Masters.
    I mean, what other iconic characters have been up against DC characters in crossover comics or other media?
    The Predator and the Xenomorph from Alien come to mind, but they've already been in the latest Mortal Kombat.
    Scooby Doo? I don't think so...
    Dracula? Enough with the vampires!
    The Terminator? Hey, why the heck not?
    Tarzan? Wait, that was against the Predator...

Well anyway, my money's on Masters of the Universe.
    In fact, if it's not Masters characters- I'll be really, really disappointed...

Heroic Warrior
    The February push is currently going on Twitter. Join the ranks and tweet Ed Boon #HeManForInjustice2

I have also commented a question about He-Man's possibility for IGN's Ask Boon Anything series: http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/...-2-a-ign-first

Heroic Warrior
    https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1913...ice-2/74158785

Fan discussion of He-Man's inclusion from summer of last year.

Sooo... Any news on the NetherRealm front?
    We're getting awfully close to the release date...

I guess we would have heard something by now?
    At least we didn't hear "NO"... I don't think. If we did, I missed it.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

True, we didn't get a 'NO'... I guess Kesmai would've told us if there'd been a 'NO'...

Anyway, let's keep our fingers crossed, lads.

Heroic Warrior
    The game has gone Gold and will be released May 16th. All main game characters have been officially announced and shown. The 9 DLC characters have yet to be announced. They will likely announce a few right before May 16th and probably further DLC release schedule plans. *fingers crossed* (based on Ed Boon's polls Spawn and Hellboy are high on the guest character list) MKX had 4 guest characters but this game may have less. Don't lose hope until they've all been announced. I'm sure behind the scenes all 9 have already been decided at this point. If Warner Bros still held the MOTU movie rights instead of Sony, there might have been more internal parent company incentive to push He-Man tie-in.
    Last edited by Kesmai; April 30, 2017 at 02:56pm.

So what kind of dialogue should He-Man get if he makes it into the game? Like intros against specific characters and challenge dialogue and all that?

For instance, in the case of He-Man vs Swamp Thing

He-Man : Humans and nature don't need to be at odds with each other.
    Swamp Thing: The Green shall be protected at all costs.
    He-Man : Moss Man would be more open to reason.
    Last edited by Asher Tye; May 4, 2017 at 10:30pm.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Heroic Warrior
    DLC Pack 1 revealed and future packs' DLC character silhouettes teased.

injustice2DLC.jpg
    The bulky silhouette on the right people are guessing Azrael, Spawn, or Beast Boy (in gorilla form). Very long shot it could be He-Man with a cape with his weapons at his side.

- - - Updated - - -

Ed Boon has been known to troll and these might just be mock character place holder silhouettes. So take them with a grain of salt until official reveals.

Quote Originally Posted by Kesmai View Post
    DLC Pack 1 revealed and future packs' DLC character silhouettes teased.

injustice2DLC.jpg
    The bulky silhouette on the right people are guessing Azrael, Spawn, or Beast Boy (in gorilla form). Very long shot it could be He-Man with a cape with his weapons at his side.
    I think that He-Man could be the one on the left from Black Manta. The one on the left from what it is supposed to be Raiden most likely to be Azrael, but with a very long shot coul be Skeletor with a cape. I don´t have a clue who could be on the right from Black Manta or from Raiden besides noticing it is a woman (Teela?)
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

Heroic Warrior
    As much as I would like to see MOTU characters in I2 it won't happen.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ShangTs View Post
    As much as I would like to see MOTU characters in I2 it won't happen.
    So at this point it's just speculation? I thought it was a sure thing. How cool would it be if one of his moves included Battle Cat!

Heroic Warrior
    Is the one on the left from Black Manta wearing a lioncloth or what???
    The only weird point are the little bear ear on the top...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by cercatore79 View Post
    Is the one on the left from Black Manta wearing a lioncloth or what???
    The only weird point are the little bear ear on the top...
    So I guess I'm a little confused is there still more characters to be announced? So we still have hope ,I went and bought the game it's pretty awesome but I thought he-man was on it that's why I bought it.

If I'm being very optimistic, the four silhouetted characters that appear at staggered distances behind Black Mantra and Raiden could be He-Man, King Hssss, Skeletor and She-Ra looking from left to right.
    Last edited by Robin Hood; May 18, 2017 at 01:37pm.
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor68 View Post
    So I guess I'm a little confused is there still more characters to be announced? So we still have hope ,I went and bought the game it's pretty awesome but I thought he-man was on it that's why I bought it.
    6 more unannounced DLC characters. This all started as a campaign buzz to promote He-Man for inclusion into the game since Ed Boon mentioned guest characters were very possible. He nor anyone else at NRS has responded directly to the possibility. It was always a longshot. Sorry you bought the game on what you thought was a false pretense.

Heroic Warrior

C'mon DC! he-man would be cool to add
    for me Injustice is the best thing happening to the Justice League franchise, I'm a bit doubtful on the movie front, talks of reshoots are worrying
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

Heroic Warrior

Heroic Warrior
    Bump for Injustice/He-Man crossover comic news

Sadly Legendary edition of Injusice 2 was just released last month and probably means the end of DLC for the game. Timing seems unlikely but maybe still could happen if DLC is restarted. Second annual gaming competition tournament for game starts in May...could be good timing for any new announcements. Also Injustice 2 mobile game could perhaps still get new stuff.

Keep Tweeting @ Ed Boon

- - - Updated - - -

"The Complete Injustice 2 Roster" -Legendary Edition of the game. That means if He-Man was added he'd likely have to be made free DLC and Mattel would probably be footing the bill. Opportunity probably missed since we are passed the peak of the game. He-Man may very well have to wait until the next DC fighting game which we are probably at least 3 years away from now (4 year gap between Injustice 1 and Injustice 2 release dates).

OMG- Just found out that the TMNT are actually DLC for Injustice 2! Hellboy is too! That's so awesome!

Injustice-2-Ninja-Turtles.jpg

Veeery strange that these characters got in before He-Man...
    Oh well... we'll probably have to wait for Injustice 3. :s

Hopefully He-Man will be the big reveal!
    After all, that comic that comes in July definitely hints at it as a possibility.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Hopefully He-Man will be the big reveal!
    After all, that comic that comes in July definitely hints at it as a possibility.
    That would be fantastic news and would push me over the edge that I've been on about purchasing a new gaming system. My old XBOX 360 went the way of the red ring of death about 5 years ago and I haven't played games since.

Heroic Warrior
    The only time Ed Boon referenced or replied about He-Man on Twitter was 5 years ago: https://twitter.com/noobde/status/332914225380982784

"RT ‏@rysty22 @noobde have you ever considered a he-man fighting ga-- EB: No."

Heroic Warrior
    I would guess SDCC timeframe is more likely for an announcement (if it is to happen) a day(s) after the first issue release on July 18th rather than at E3 in the coming weeks. Injustice 2 had a panel last year at SDCC and announced 2 characters. I think it's a long shot given the state and age of the game but still in the realm of possibility for a tie-in promotion for the crossover comic. Mattel is trying to put He-Man out in the media especially with a December 2019 movie date and 40th anniversary in 2022.