Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He-Man/Thundercats #5 | Official Talkback thread (SPOILERS)

He-Man/Thundercats #5 | Official Talkback thread (SPOILERS)

HE-MAN/THUNDERCATS
    CURRENT MINI-SERIES

Issue #5 of 6
    Script: Rob David & Lloyd Goldfine
    Art & Cover: Freddie E. Williams II
    Color: Jeremy Colwell

When the Ancient Spirits of Evil—behemoths enslaved by Mumm-Ra and Skeletor—attack Castle Grayskull, the crown jewel of Eternia, it’s up to Man-At-Arms, Panthro, Tygra, Teela, Cheetara, Wilykit, Wilykat, Snarf, Orko and a whole host of Masters to protect the Power of Grayskull!

ON SALE FEBRUARY 15th
    At your local comic shop,
    or digitally from Amazon or Comixology.

The Exclusive Preview of He-Man/Thundercats #5 is here from He-man.Org!
    (click on the images to enlarge to full size)

Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Heroic Warrior
    Wow!!! Thank you so much for the Preview Val!!!

- Fantastic to see the Masters and the Thundercats fighting united against the Ancient Spirits of Evil!

- Awesome splash page with the battle scene! King Randor is riding a freaking BIONATOPS!!!!!!!! And a lot of appearances and Easter Eggs! Stridor, Dragon Walkers, Wind Riders, Skysleds, Attack Tracks, the ThunderTank. I believe that every MOTU and Thundercats vehicle is present in these pages! Amazing Artwork by Williams and Colwell! Also does Randor has He-Man's weapon from the 87's movie in his hand??!!

- Duncan, Panthro and Tygra technological team up! Hell yeah this was long overdue. They are doing modifications on ThunderTank. combining their Eternian and Thunderian technognosy.

- Teela and Cheetara team-up! Another long overdue moment! Teela leads a Sky Sled squad, like in the old days. And Cheetara calling her about the Eternian nepotism. I laughed at this. While she attacks one of the Spirits, with Teela's sword!

Good Preview. And cool to see the .Org having the exclusive preview! I believe that this is the 2nd time after issue #3 of the previous crossover with the DC Universe, that has the exclusive Preview.

It's sad that we have only one month and one issue left. After March 15th, it's the end for the MOTU comics as far as we know.
    Last edited by granamyr80; February 13, 2017 at 02:15pm.

BEST MOTU COMIC EVER!!

Can't wait until wenesday...
    To infinity, and beyond!

While I've been geeking out about this team-up since issue #1, I do have to criticize the characterization of Cheetara here. She has always been portrayed as a very kind and sympathetic character. Her edginess toward Teela is uncharacteristic. It's actually behavior more fitting of Teela herself (especially the 200x version) than of Cheetara.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    While I've been geeking out about this team-up since issue #1, I do have to criticize the characterization of Cheetara here. She has always been portrayed as a very kind and sympathetic character. Her edginess toward Teela is uncharacteristic. It's actually behavior more fitting of Teela herself (especially the 200x version) than of Cheetara.
    I believe that Cheetara just wanted to "answer" at Teela for the previous issue's events. Teela was a bit rude towards Cheetara's people and her King, in order to defend her father. Cheetara wanted to make it clear at Teela, that she didn't take it very well. It's a normal reaction, not that Cheetara is not kind or polite as character. She is. But she is also a person with feelings. And some times those feelings can be hurt. Even if she would be the kindest person in the world, there will be some times that things will annoy her, and may provoke a not very good reaction. In this case there is not edginess, because Cheetara has a reason to react this way, a reaction that normally she wouldn't have. It would be an error in terms of the story's plot, if suddenly after the previous issue's episode, Teela and Cheetara have been shown as best friends here, like nothing occured before, between them.
    Last edited by granamyr80; February 13, 2017 at 04:17pm.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    That's an awesome battle scene! I love that the Rock People and Rotar are included, but I wonder why Rotar is drawn with legs. He had legs in Eternity War too. Ah well. Just glad he's there at all!! And it's great seeing all the vehicles!
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Widget
    Yay, finally there's a preview! You don't know how many searches I've done since Friday only to look for it right here.

I initially didn't recognize the destroyed Dragon Walker on the first page, I thought it was somehow one of statues of the Ancient Spirits of Evil and wondered why it was there. I think the only Thundercat not shown on-panel is Snarf… oh wait, there he is below Roboto's arm.

Here's hoping for a Jaga and Sorceress team-up either in this issue or next!

Really liked this series so far!

It just FANtastic in every single aspect, so classic and very different feel from the previous releases by DC (eternity war, the ongoing series etc). Quite a lot of classic vehicles have showed up too, impressive! oh man! this will always be my favorite iteration of the brand, heck! they can do whatever they want with he-man for new generations but hope there always be demand for stuff like this so adult-oriented and just fun for the fans!

hopefully more stories / spin offs / one shots are planned in Pre-Eternia, Etheria and Primus!
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

Heroic Warrior
    Pretty cool preview. Although I am enjoying this crossover, I still miss the Eternity War storyline and characters. It was the most epic MOTU storyline ever, in my opinion, and included Adora/She-Ra, who was neglected in comics for a long time and proved she is just as worthy as her brother. We finally got to see things only partially teased and/or imagined in MOTU lore, like Adam's dual identity revealed, Teela taking up the mantle of the Sorceress, Hordak and Hiss as truly epic villians, Adam becoming king, and more. I know that storyline will be hard to top, but I hold out hope that someday they can return to that continuity and show what happens to Adora after she returns to Etheria. I also liked the DC-MOTU crossover more, but I will admit I'm biased since I am a big fan of the Justice League. Regardless, I hope that both MOTU and Thundercats continue on in comics books, even if we have to wait a few months for the next wave of books.

Love these visuals! Sure hope Extendar, Sy-Klone and Snout Spout are just unconscious there...
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Agreed. I guess they are playing up the "rival" aspect between the teams. MAA has beef with Tygra and Panthro over inventing things, which led to Teela defending her father and Cheetara jumping in. The ThunderCats wouldn't be so snobbish, but I think that's Rob David's lack of familiarity with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    That's an awesome battle scene! I love that the Rock People and Rotar are included, but I wonder why Rotar is drawn with legs. He had legs in Eternity War too. Ah well. Just glad he's there at all!! And it's great seeing all the vehicles!
    Hahaha! I knew you'd notice that! I love the battle scene too. Great desktop scene if you Frankenstien it together.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Agreed. I guess they are playing up the "rival" aspect between the teams. MAA has beef with Tygra and Panthro over inventing things, which led to Teela defending her father and Cheetara jumping in. The ThunderCats wouldn't be so snobbish, but I think that's Rob David's lack of familiarity with them.
    I don't think that this has anything to do with anyone's "lack of familiarity". Conflicts between two persons about a any kind of subject happening all the time. Thundercats are not "snobbish", since MAA was trying to make a display of his inventions, while treating them like the Thundercats didn't have any knowledge about technology. The Thundercats are a proud people, especially Panthro, and they reacted the way they did. These are normal and expected psychological reactions, when someone feels to be diminished. We may forget it, but in the cartoons the personalities of the heroes remain always positive, because these heroes's audience are children, so they need to be presented most of times as calm, kind and never feeling angry or having any negative behaviour. The comics are mainly for teens and adults. For this reason in the comics you will see aspects of the characters, that in a cartoon cannot been presented. Take as example any superhero from Ironman to Wolverine and compare them from the cartoons to comics, and you will be aware of the difference. For me Rob, did a good work to explore some aspects of the strong personalities involved in this crossover. You have MAA and Panthro. Both veteran warriors and soldiers, both inventors and proud of their own brilliance. A bit of rivalry, in the beginning, would be inevitable. Rob presented how a first meeting between two brilliant but proud warriors and inventors, and with strong personalities could go. It's called exporing the pyschological profile of these characters based on who they are.

Then Teela as the hot headed she can be at times, she tried to defend her father by being rude towards the Thundercats and their King. Cheetara reacted, and here in the preview she just make her point to Teela. I don't see something wrong. Someone can be really kind and good, but there will be times, that will feel offended or annoyed, and need to respond. Sometimes there will be situations that may provoke a different reaction, than usual. Otherwise the personalities would be pretty much plain, if not unreal.
    Last edited by granamyr80; February 14, 2017 at 11:02am.

Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    I don't think that this has anything to do with anyone's "lack of familiarity".
    The lack of familiarity with ThunderCats that I speak of comes from things such as the other ThunderCats can see Jaga, Mumm-Ra still having a weakness from his reflection or the ThunderCats still treating Lion-O like a kid by the time the ThunderStrike is created (He had passed the Anointment Trials by then--they are even referring to him as their king). Things didn't stay the same in ThunderCats. One can't watch the first few episodes and assume the characters kept the same traits throughout.

Conflicts between two persons about a any kind of subject happening all the time. Thundercats are not "snobbish", since MAA was trying to make a display of his inventions, while treating them like the Thundercats didn't have any knowledge about technology. The Thundercats are a proud people, especially Panthro, and they reacted the way they did. These are normal and expected psychological reactions, when someone feels to be diminished.
    I don't think MAA was putting down the ThunderCats at all. MAA was telling the ThunderCats that they are going to need everyone to fight the giants and asked them if they ever handled an Eternian gun and Panthro just put the weapon down like it was so much crap with his "Heh. Nothing so primitive." line. If anything, Panthro would have assisted MAA like Tygra did.

We may forget it, but in the cartoons the personalities of the heroes remain always positive, because these heroes's audience are children, so they need to be presented most of times as calm, kind and never feeling angry or having any negative behaviour. The comics are mainly for teens and adults. For this reason in the comics you will see aspects of the characters, that in a cartoon cannot been presented. Take as example any superhero from Ironman to Wolverine and compare them from the cartoons to comics, and you will be aware of the difference. For me Rob, did a good work to explore some aspects of the strong personalities involved in this crossover. You have MAA and Panthro. Both veteran warriors and soldiers, both inventors and proud of their own brilliance. A bit of rivalry, in the beginning, would be inevitable. Rob presented how a first meeting between two brilliant but proud warriors and inventors, and with strong personalities could go. It's called exporing the pyschological profile of these characters based on who they are.
    These comics are based in nostalgia. Since they were role models and mentors to 3 child-like characters on their team (Lion-O early on, WilyKit and Kat), Panthro, Tyrga and Cheetara were pretty patient characters. That's why they were positive. The story is written for an older audience, but since the characters and worlds are rooted in nostalgia, there is some consistency that also works along with the nostalgia. Build upon older traits and add dimensions, there shouldn't be a need to create all new inconsistent versions of characters. This shouldn't be Michael Bay taking Optimus Prime and turning him into a more fed-up, homicidal version of the original character or turning MOTU into a lighter version of Game of Thrones. Or Teela's mean-spirited wishing Mekaneck was killed in the Horde invasion back in Eternity War.

Then Teela as the hot headed she can be at times, she tried to defend her father by being rude towards the Thundercats and their King. Cheetara reacted, and here in the preview she just make her point to Teela. I don't see something wrong. Someone can be really kind and good, but there will be times, that will feel offended or annoyed, and need to respond. Sometimes there will be situations that may provoke a different reaction, than usual. Otherwise the personalities would be pretty much plain, if not unreal.
    I can understand Teela being hotheaded, but Cheetara is alot more patient minded with allies (she can be sarcastic with enemies though). I wasn't a fan of the "daddy's little girl line".

The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    Have to remember to swing down and grab a copy today.. love the artwork the most from this series. Some of the story, idk..

Heroic Warrior
    The lack of familiarity with ThunderCats that I speak of comes from things such as the other ThunderCats can see Jaga, Mumm-Ra still having a weakness from his reflection or the ThunderCats still treating Lion-O like a kid by the time the ThunderStrike is created (He had passed the Anointment Trials by then--they are even referring to him as their king). Things didn't stay the same in ThunderCats. One can't watch the first few episodes and assume the characters kept the same traits throughout.
    First the old canon is not the same continuity with this crossover. It was stated multiple times that it's a standalone story and out of canon crossover, which means some things are different from the old Thundercats cartoon. There are also some additions from the 2011's Thundercats mythos as well. The same with MOTU here since you have elements from various continuities appeared here and there. For both franchises basically the crossover is not canon. This is a common rule for every crossover made. They are not canon, because they are different franchises, and elements must be changed in order to work together.

I don't think MAA was putting down the ThunderCats at all. MAA was telling the ThunderCats that they are going to need everyone to fight the giants and asked them if they ever handled an Eternian gun and Panthro just put the weapon down like it was so much crap with his "Heh. Nothing so primitive." line. If anything, Panthro would have assisted MAA like Tygra did.
    It's not like that. MAA was like, "have you any idea how this gun works?". Panthro was always proud of his technology, he may not like to be considered an amateur, and wanted to make it clear. A proud person sometimes can overreact in such situation. I don't see this being such an issue. Two inventors from two different worlds, meeting from the 1st time, they have an argument. It's not big deal. It could happen. It's not that went at each other's throat or something. Actually debacles of that genre, happens very often between inventors or scientists. And besides it was just a moment. After that MAA and Panthro worked together.
    Last edited by granamyr80; February 15, 2017 at 08:50am.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Yeah that battle scene is amazing!
    Interesting seeing the Attack Track as a two seater like that. Does anybody know if that is that from any previous source?
    I suspect they are using the Classics Rotar figure as a reference model and that cames packed-out with the legs.

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Love these visuals! Sure hope Extendar, Sy-Klone and Snout Spout are just unconscious there...
    Exactly what I was thinking. I'm sure they are
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Yeah that battle scene is amazing!
    Interesting seeing the Attack Track as a two seater like that. Does anybody know if that is that from any previous source?
    I suspect they are using the Classics Rotar figure as a reference model and that cames packed-out with the legs.

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm sure they are
    After you said that in went back and looked. Didn't even notice he had legs. Hmm. Not feeling that, as that pretty much goes against the point of him.

Heroic Warrior
    These comics are based in nostalgia. Since they were role models and mentors to 3 child-like characters on their team (Lion-O early on, WilyKit and Kat), Panthro, Tyrga and Cheetara were pretty patient characters. That's why they were positive. The story is written for an older audience, but since the characters and worlds are rooted in nostalgia, there is some consistency that also works along with the nostalgia. Build upon older traits and add dimensions, there shouldn't be a need to create all new inconsistent versions of characters. This shouldn't be Michael Bay taking Optimus Prime and turning him into a more fed-up, homicidal version of the original character or turning MOTU into a lighter version of Game of Thrones. Or Teela's mean-spirited wishing Mekaneck was killed in the Horde invasion back in Eternity War.
    The story is written for an older audience as you said. And comics are for an older audience. They are not didactic cartoons for 5 years old. Characters in comics are not plain, absolute and cliche like in the cartoons. In the comics you can see some reactions that otherwise you can't in the cartoons for obvious reasons. Take for example He-Man himself. Back in the pre-Filmation Era, when the first mini comics and comics pubblished, did He-Man behave exactly the same way with the Filmation cartoon? In these comics, He-Man was menacing to slice his own guards, to open Skeletor's skull with his axe, to not show mercy at Tri-Klops and so on. Teela in her battle bikini mode was speaking about body count etc. If He-Man and Teela were behaving like that, in today's comics, i can only immagine what the reaction would be. These are moments and character traits, that they never appear in the Filmation cartoon. The cartoons were water downed, because of the different age of the audience. In the comics the characters are more complicated, and three dimensional. They may be good and all, but they are not saints or reacting in every situation, the same way. They were be monents that they will get feel hurt or annoyed from something. As for Giffen's Teela this was actually almost two years before the Eternity War. We already talked about this many times, and how this was really problematic and bad (the funny thing is that Giffen's Daphne in the current Scooby Doo sounds exactly like his Teela). But once Dan Abnett took over, Teela never talked like that again. GoT, objections apart, it is a popular Fantasy franchise, perhaps the only popular one of our days. And we may be critical towards Bayformers, but they had already 4 films and a 5th coming out in a few months. I wish that MOTU had to show something similar, that could compare even remotely with such kind of success. Nowdays the only thing to remember from MOTU in the general public's mind, it's the retarded "hey what's going on" meme, or how ridiculous the franchise was, that doesn't deserve any further chance to discuss about. In comparison with such treatment, yes i would prefer and be more open minded to see a different approach when it comes to MOTU.

I can understand Teela being hotheaded, but Cheetara is alot more patient minded with allies (she can be sarcastic with enemies though). I wasn't a fan of the "daddy's little girl line".
    I was watching the 2011's Thundercats episode 2 days ago with Cheetara's background story. I' m not sure, if she actually had one in the 80's cartoon, but in this particular one episode, Cheetara as a child, was shown that she had to earn her place among the Clerics, who have been the Royal Guards for the King of the Thundercats in this story, after getting through a very hard test. I don't know if Cheetara in this story, had to go through this test, but if she did, then i can understand her comment towards Teela, considering also the heat moment that occured between them earlier. In this case Cheetara, probably just spoke her mind. You have to consider that these people are strangers that they are meeting for the 1st time. It's not that they will get along immediately. There will be some tension, in the beginning. Heck even iconic characters that have been best friends for years, they are going through Civil Wars, and apparently not only one, but multiple times. Comparing to such kind of situations, this is just a friendly banter.

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    After you said that in went back and looked. Didn't even notice he had legs. Hmm. Not feeling that, as that pretty much goes against the point of him.
    This crossover probably occured before Rotar's injure. In his bio, it was said that Rotar had legs in the beginning, and this was how his MOTUC figure was offered.
    Last edited by granamyr80; February 15, 2017 at 10:00am.

Heroic Warrior
    The story is written for an older audience as you said. And comics are for an older audience. They are not didactic cartoons for 5 years old. Characters in comics are not plain, absolute and cliche like in the cartoons. In the comics you can see some reactions that otherwise you can't in the cartoons for obvious reasons. Take for example He-Man himself. Back in the pre-Filmation Era in the first mini comics and comics pubblished, did He-Man behave exactly the same way with the Filmation cartoon? In these comics, He-Man was menacing to slice his own guards, to open Skeletor's skull with his axe, to not show mercy at Tri-Klops and so on. Teela in her battle bikini mode was speaking about body count etc. These are moments and character traits, that they neve appear in the Filmation cartoon. The cartoons were water downed, because of the different age of the audience. In the comics the characters are more complicated, and three dimensional. They may be good and all, but they are not saints or reacting in every situation, the same way. They were be monents that they will get feel hurt or annoyed from something. As for Giffen's Teela this was actually almost two years before the Eternity War. We already talked about this many times, and how this was really problematic But once Dan Abnett took over, Teela never talked like that again.

I was watching the 2011's Thundercats episode 2 days ago with Cheetara's background story. I' m not sure, if she actually had one in the 80's cartoon, but in this particular one episode, Cheetara as a child, was shown that she had to earn her place among the Clerics, who have been the Royal Guards for the King of the Thundercats in this story, after getting through a very hard test. I don't know if Cheetara in this story, had to go through this test, but if she did, then i can understand her comment towards Teela, considering also the heat moment that occured between them earlier. You have to consider that these people are strangers that they are meeting for the 1st time. It's not that they will get along immediately. There will be some tension, in the beginning. Heck even iconic characters that have been best friends for years, they are going through Civil Wars, and apparently not only one, but multiple times.

This crossover probably occured before Rotar's injure. In his bio, it was said that Rotar had legs in the beginning, and this was how his MOTUC figure was offered.
    True great point.. I need to get off my hind and go grab this baby. The month break kills me, I forget the story from the month before lol.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    They are unconscious probably. Extendar, Sy-Klone, and Snout Spout, they are part cybernetic. In theory, they will be fine, i really hope so. Besides i have a feeling that considering the solicitation of the last issue, the Multiversial involvement, and that this is a self contained crossover, without any further comics coming for what we know, my guess is that there will be some kind of a reversion to the previous status quo, before the crossover.
    Last edited by granamyr80; February 15, 2017 at 10:56am.

First the old canon is not the same continuity with this crossover. It was stated multiple times that it's a standalone story and out of canon crossover, which means some things are different from the old Thundercats cartoon. There are also some additions from the 2011's Thundercats mythos as well. The same with MOTU here since you have elements from various continuities appeared here and there. For both franchises basically the crossover is not canon. This is a common rule for every crossover made. They are not canon, because they are different franchises, and elements must be changed in order to work together.
    Wait...what?!

Oh, I totally didn't know that! Can I check out the interview or article where this is this mentioned (if you still have the link)?

The Blonde Teela Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Wait...what?!

Oh, I totally didn't know that! Can I check out the interview or article where this is this mentioned (if you still have the link)?
    There was the SDCC's presentation from the last year. Unfortunately the link doesn't work, but here is what Rob said:

Rob David continued:

"David said that with this story, he couldn't just rest on the two franchises' long continuity and mythology. "It can't be a retread of everything you've ever known - it has to surprise you. It has to be revelant and fun... you have to spin things in a different direction," he said.

And in another interview when he was asked if the crossover was connected with the recent He-Man title, Rob answered:

"COLISEUM: Will this story tie into or have anything to do with the recent He Man title?
    DAVID: No, it’s a self-contained story"

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Yeah as mentioned before, its hard to pinpoint any time of reference for characters or locations really... it is its own story that pulls materials from all over. I mean one thing I talked with other fans was that since we see Bionatops, does that mean The Three Eternia Towers have been risen yet?
    But in that sense its futile. This isn't a case of "its clearly Filmation based" because one only has to look at the comic and will see its not true with designs (200x, Classics, etc) and character options.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Just got done reading it. After turning the first page I then realized I need a army of eternian guardsmen. I love the artwork and the certain things that tie in reminiscent of some sort of media or how you'd expect one character to act. I don't like the competition going on and the showing off. Finally, i now know how much I need a mumm-ator classics figure in my life and prior it was never a thought in my mind. That is all..

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Just got done reading it. After turning the first page I then realized I need a army of eternian guardsmen. I love the artwork and the certain things that tie in reminiscent of some sort of media or how you'd expect one character to act. I don't like the competition going on and the showing off. Finally, i now know how much I need a mumm-ator classics figure in my life and prior it was never a thought in my mind. That is all..

The competition was only in the beginning, and basically between Teela and Cheetara, and between Panthro and Man At Arms. But as the story goes on the characters from both worlds they formed a really strong bond between them. Teela and Cheetara compliment each other for their heroism, their actions and their skills, Panthro becomes best pal with Duncan, at the point that he almost sacrificed his life to save MAA from one of the Ancient Spirits of Evil. As the plot was advancing you can see these characters becoming first comrads in battle, and then actual friends.

But more to specific, this issue had every dream team-up, that you can immagine from the heroes of Eternia and Thundera:

- Teela and Cheetara, after their rocky start, they fight as a great duo, and brought down one of the ASOE.
    - Panthro and Duncan, after a misfired spell from Orko, they had to work against time and big odds, to repair their canon and lead the assault. Also there is also a scene with Panthro smiling, which is priceless.
    - Tygra who works alongside with Panthro and MAA, has to make an impossible scheme, in order to shield Grayskull from the Evil's eyes, by using his ability to create illusions, much like he in Lion-O's Annointment Trial's episode, but in a scale that he never did before, as Panthro pointed out. Tygra's scheme bought for the rest of the heroes, some precious time.
    - Stratos, Buzz-Off, WilyKit and WilyKat lead another assault team together, which ends with Buzz-Off and Stratos wounded. And there is a very beautiful scene at the end when you can see WilyKit and WilyKat remaining at the side of the two wounded Heroic Warriors, even when Skeletor and Mumm-Ra combine their powers. P.s. i loved Stratos's flamethrowers.
    - Jaga and the Sorceress. I believe that this is one of the most long overdue team-ups. Jaga and the Sorceress, combined their powers and their millenial knowledge, in order to find a solution, that could bring the defeat of the Ancient Spirits of Evil. It's a great scene. And we also finally see how Jaga came to know about Eternia.
    - And the most awesome team-up: Orko and Snarf. Yes i' m not joking. I would not spoil it further, but Orko and Snarf have been great in this, and were big players in this issue, in a hilariously brilliant way. Nuff said.

Ending saying this. He-Man and Lion-O didn't appear in this issue. But this part of the crossover for me, was the one that i liked most, since we didn't have the chance previously to see the other cast of both franchises taking the spotlight, something that it was a really welcome and long overdue change and chance, before inevitably the story concludes with the titanic fight between good and evil in the final issue. But in this issue every character involved did its part with great heroism, determination, and self sacrifice, during a huge battle and between action packed moments. The art continues to be gorgeous.
    Last edited by granamyr80; February 15, 2017 at 08:27pm.