Thread: How come Teela doesn't know Prince Adam's secret?

How come Teela doesn't know Prince Adam's secret?

Even though she was never in the intro of the filmation cartoon... she was always a main character. Is it possible she's not good at keeping secrets? And why can't she make the connection? I mean they are the SAME guy. Except He-Man has a tan and deeper voice. I am pretty sure with Adam running off at the last minute and coming back as He-Man. She would catch on by now. Is she that naive? She is no Lois Lane

Love is blind .

Its because Teela is in love with HeMan . Her brain lights up like a Xmas tree when she sees HeMan but goes to sleep when its Adam .
    Adam acts like a coward and lazy bum who likes fishing or parties with other girls . She has to teach to him to fight . He is not the Prince charming she read about in fairy tales .

In her brain HeMan the bronze god looks 5 ft taller with 3X more muscle and different hair length .Lets not forget that voice to her that voice sounds like booming thunder . If there is anything to perfect his disguise its the voice . We can make lots of connections but something like not sounding the same certainly has a huge impact.
    Its also possible his transformation would give him a different body odour perhaps all that lighting gives off a ton of ozone .

Girls are not visual creatures they crave the whole package . He smells different , he sounds different .

That Adam slinking off and HeMan appearing thing . Thats just going to excite Teela . Her little heart is going to bouncy bouncy bouncy up and down because for some reason she cannot recall why but she knows HeMan is about to appear . He limbic system is in full control now .

That reasoning part that would question or connect any dots is taking a vacation .
    Last edited by Lokus; February 16, 2017 at 06:15am.

How many women do you trust to keep a secret?
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Love is blind .

Its because Teela is in love with HeMan . Her brain lights up like a Xmas tree when she sees HeMan but goes to sleep when its Adam .
    Adam acts like a coward and lazy bum who likes fishing or parties with other girls . She has to teach to him to fight . He is not the Prince charming she read about in fairy tales .

In her brain HeMan the bronze god looks 5 ft taller with 3X more muscle and different hair length .Lets not forget that voice to her that voice sounds like booming thunder . If there is anything to perfect his disguise its the voice . We can make lots of connections but something like not sounding the same certainly has a huge impact.
    Its also possible his transformation would give him a different body odour perhaps all that lighting gives off a ton of ozone .

Girls are not visual creatures they crave the whole package . He smells different , he sounds different .

That Adam slinking off and HeMan appearing thing . Thats just going to excite Teela . Her little heart is going to bouncy bouncy bouncy up and down because for some reason she cannot recall why but she knows HeMan is about to appear . He limbic system is in full control now .

That reasoning part that would question or connect any dots is taking a vacation .
    Ah... good points

Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    How many women do you trust to keep a secret?
    I don't really lol

I always assumed it was the Power of Greyskull that blinded others to Adam's likeness to He-Man

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Love is blind .

Adam_Prince of Eternia

If you are referring to HeMan,s question at the end of that epsiode .

Teela gave HeMan the perfect politician answer . If you wish to dig deeper if thats possible , we can speculate Teela did that to make herself look attractive to him .

I watched enough episodes to note that Teela thinks of Adam as an annoying little brother .

Unpopular opinion, perhaps, but I had always assumed the majority of Eternia's inhabitants were just too stupid to put two and two together.

Adam_Prince of Eternia

If you are referring to HeMan,s question at the end of that epsiode .

Teela gave HeMan the perfect politician answer . If you wish to dig deeper if thats possible , we can speculate Teela did that to make herself look attractive to him .

I watched enough episodes to note that Teela thinks of Adam as an annoying little brother .
    Pawns of the Game Master is not the only episode in which Teela expresses her affection for both Adam and He-Man. She is conflicted because she likes them both, but the reason she likes them both is because they are the same person.

All interesting points,
    They should of made an episode towards the end when she finds out the secret, just like she did when she found out The Sorceress was her mother but after the sorceress put a spell on her to forget again.
    Does anyone remember what episode He-man carries Teela at the end and wont put her down, cant quite remember.
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

Yeah, she seems to be into them both (He-Man more so), but that tan is very distracting

I like the one time in I think Shadow of Skeletor where in a moment of crisis, Adam almost has to change in front of her saying "By the---" but then stops when the crisis is averted. Teela asks him what he was going to say, and he says something like "By the way, remind me to show you my great new jacket."
    I'm basically the dad in the old commercials.

The answer is simple. The ruling class of Eternia has a series of genetic disorders that makes it difficult for them to see Adam and He-man as the same even though they are obviously identical. The most obvious evidence of genetic disorders is the fact that everyone in the ruling classes on both the good and bad side have some muscle growth disorder so that even if they sit around on a throne all the time and are surrounded by servants they are still totally ripped.

The other obvious defects are facial and color blindness. It's the reason why everyone who is anyone on Eternia wears a uniquely identifiable costume so that they can be recognized by others. Without their costume, the only unique identifier is the sound of the voice which is why a lot of the voices of the common folk as well as the ruling classes have grown so crazy.

Color blindness is the reason why no one can tell that blue Faker is not tan He-man as long as their outfits match. Facial blindness is why no one can see that Adam is the same as He-man. Since they wear a completely different uniforms they look distinct to the face-blind Eternians.

;-) duh.
    Good Trader List:
    -Maul, tattoojunkie74, Chuck Bowlz

Quote Originally Posted by mahuti View Post
    The answer is simple. The ruling class of Eternia has a series of genetic disorders that makes it difficult for them to see Adam and He-man as the same even though they are obviously identical. The most obvious evidence of genetic disorders is the fact that everyone in the ruling classes on both the good and bad side have some muscle growth disorder so that even if they sit around on a throne all the time and are surrounded by servants they are still totally ripped.

The other obvious defects are facial and color blindness. It's the reason why everyone who is anyone on Eternia wears a uniquely identifiable costume so that they can be recognized by others. Without their costume, the only unique identifier is the sound of the voice which is why a lot of the voices of the common folk as well as the ruling classes have grown so crazy.

Color blindness is the reason why no one can tell that blue Faker is not tan He-man as long as their outfits match. Facial blindness is why no one can see that Adam is the same as He-man. Since they wear a completely different uniforms they look distinct to the face-blind Eternians.

;-) duh.
    He lives!

Hang in there, Bow! Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    We also have to take the Filmation series with a grain of visual salt. The origin is for Adam to be a skinny little guy, and He-Man to be completely muscular and bulked up and older-looking, so the disconnect is natural (except for the "have you ever noticed Prince Adam and He-Man are never in the same room at the same time?" lol). You just kind of have to play this in your mind when watching the 'toon, lol.
    Welcome to The She-Ra Photo Museum! Thousands of screencaps from Filmation's classic 1980's toon! For the Honor of Grayskull!

Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Heroic Warrior
    all these theories are all well and good, and hopefully made in good-natured jest; but such points only make the reasons why a "filmation faithful" adaptation not workable. They'll only make them stand out more with live actors.

And didn't anyone notice the big lightning bolt from the sky even on a clear sunny day?
    around the corner from where they were standing?

really?

Quote Originally Posted by tnktrk View Post
    all these theories are all well and good, and hopefully made in good-natured jest; but such points only make the reasons why a "filmation faithful" adaptation not workable. They'll only make them stand out more with live actors.

And didn't anyone notice the big lightning bolt from the sky even on a clear sunny day?

really?

You could theorize the time stands still/stops when that happens, I always did, just like I always assumed the power of Greyskull clouds Adam's likeness to He -Man.
    By the way, I was always surprised Orko was given the secret, I mean out of all characters, hes a likable and good fellow, but he is a bit clumsy and spills out the beans very often about just any secret he is given. Then again, maybe it was a way to keep him from being nosy and suspicious about it, if he was ever investigating Adam leaving or something , on his own, he couldve by accident unravel the secret in front of everybody
    Last edited by Brakk; February 21, 2017 at 02:27am.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    I don't recall a single episode of Filmation showing any lightning bolts from the sky.

You may be thinking of 2002 cartoon where they show a wide-angle shot of Adam transforming from afar.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Vasculio294 View Post
    I am pretty sure with Adam running off at the last minute and coming back as He-Man. She would catch on by now. Is she that naive? She is no Lois Lane
    Haha! Your comment reminded me of this:

Fabulous_Secret_Powers_by_kevinbolk.jpg

really?
    Who is to say that they do not notice? Perhaps He-Man is so awesome and mythical, that a thunder storm precedes him before he bursts on the scene.

The lightning bolts seem to happen at Castle Grayskull. In one episode, Teela falls in the abyss by the Castle and sees the lighting and flashing lights as Adam transforms into He-Man (she can't see him from the pit, but she experiences the lighting, etc.).
    I'm basically the dad in the old commercials.

it seems like the show evolves around keeping secrets from Teela doesn't it lol. Not only Prince Adam's alter ego but, who her mother is, what her destiny is, who her father is, who She ra is etc etc. I don't think her gender is relevant as Marlena clearly knows Adam is He Man (in The Rainbow Warrior).

Shame we never saw the day Teela took over from the Sorceress and found out all the secrets. I be she bollocked everyone, ha ha.