Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Super7 MOTU Vintage 5.5" Wave One - He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Hordak

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Super7 MOTU Vintage 5.5" Wave One - He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Hordak

UPDATED August 15th:

From Super7:
    "ENDING TONIGHT The pre-sale for the Masters of the Universe Vintage Carded Figures ends tonight at Midnight PST. While this is not a limited edition release, figures ordered during this pre-sale will be received immediately upon arrival from the factory. He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, and Hordak with accessories are available individually or as a set."

------------------
    Updated July 4, 2018:

Super7 has posted a retro commercial featuring their upcoming 5.5" MOTU figures. Check it out!

-------------------
    Updated June 22, 2018:

From Super7:
    "Super7 is happy to present the Masters of the Universe Vintage 5.5-inch Figures Collection. The original MOTU action figures re-imagined to match the character designs from the animated cartoon!

These new carded Vintage Figures come with their own accessories:
    • He-Man with Power Sword, Half-Sword, and Shield
    • Skeletor with Havoc Staff, Power Sword, and Half-Sword
    • She-Ra with Sword of Protection, Shield and Sword
    • Hordak with Arm Cannon and Crossbow

The figures all feature a spring loaded mechanism: Turn the waist and they swing back with a punch! The packaging includes a custom character history card with the figure and has new and original art on the back of each card by classic MOTU artist Errol McCarthy.

The pre-order for the Masters of the Universe 5.5" Vintage Figures is open now.
    This is not a limited edition release but pre-orders will receive the figures immediately upon arrival from the factory. Figures will be available individually for $20 each or as a set for $80. We expect to ship the 5.5" Vintage Figures in September 2018."

Click here to pre-order today!

------------------
    UPDATED March 9th:

Here are the results to your most-wanted 5" retro-styled MOTU figures from Super7. These results will be reviewed and considered by Super7 and the Four Horsemen.

This poll focused on 5" candidates that were characters released so far in the Masters of the Universe Classics line. There are always other candidates, and Super7 may have some of their own surprises for the 5" line. But most of the obvious candidates for the 5" line will be characters already released in Classics.

Please note, as indicated in the voting, any character that previously appeared in the 80s as a MOTU toy would be re-released in a Filmation'retro style similar to the 5" figures Super7 has shown already for characters like He-Man and Skeletor.

Here are the Top 15 most wanted:
    1. Shadow Weaver (first 5" MOTU appearance)
    2. Adora (first 5" MOTU appearance)
    3. Sorceress (Filmation'styled)
    4. Mer-Man (Filmation'styled)
    5. Queen Marlena (first 5" MOTU appearance)
    6. Trap Jaw (Filmation'styled)
    7. Cringer (first 5" MOTU appearance)
    8. Evil-Lyn (Filmation'styled)
    9. Orko (Filmation'styled)
    10. Prince Adam (Filmation'styled)
    11. Ram Man (Filmation'styled)
    12. Fisto (Filmation'styled)
    13. Keldor (first 5" MOTU appearance)
    14. Tri-Klops (Filmation'styled)
    15. Man-E-Faces (Filmation'styled)

Also for fun, we included the existing MOTUC vehicles, beasts and playsets in the poll. The following two items would have placed in the Top 15, even though there has been no announcement of anything other than 5" figures coming from Super7:
    1. Battle Cat (Filmation'styled)
    2. Castle Grayskull (Filmation'styled)

----------------------
    UPDATED February 23rd:

The final poll is here:
    5-inch MOTU character poll voting is live!
    CLICK HERE TO VOTE TODAY! Voting has closed

----------------------
    It looks like we are finally getting vintage style He-Ro and Eldor. They look like they will be coming on the standard card (no Powers of Grayskull).

The Four Horsemen have also sculpted Filmation-style figures for He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra and Hordak. Thanks to AlternativeMindz for the photos!

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/...033792/photo/1

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Best news so far! I can't wait for these.

I wonder/hope if we will FINALLY get to see how the "book of spells" hologram stickers look like.

Also, I really hope He-ro's armor gets vac-metalized for 100% vintage accuracy.
    "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

THE OP the Matrix refused stprime's Avatar
    Can't wait for these.
    "I invent, transform, create, and destroy for a living, and when I don't like something I change it."
    Evil, it's just sooo much easier.....
    FEEDBACK

YESSSSS! They were supposed to come out exactly 30 years ago, great timing!

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    YESSSSS! They were supposed to come out exactly 30 years ago, great timing!

I hope they will include original action features and this back card:

Quote Originally Posted by Rioblast View Post
    I wonder/hope if we will FINALLY get to see how the "book of spells" hologram stickers look like.

Also, I really hope He-ro's armor gets vac-metalized for 100% vintage accuracy.
    If he doesn't look like this:

Then he better look like this

or this

If there is no Vac-Metal, it is not a vintage He-Ro.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Best news so far! I can't wait for these.
    YES!!!!

These are pure greatness.
    Please give me all Vitage Figures back.
    Great great great

Even though there are vintage-style customs out there that far surpass these in terms of quality and overall appearance, I am still SO HAPPY that Super7 is doing this. Count me in! I already am excited to get a few of those SheRas and add different arms, lol
    All of my VINTAGE MOTU customs are here:
    https://www.facebook.com/tyke.smyers...9003959&type=3

All of my VINTAGE MOTU "CONCEPT" customs are here:
    https://www.facebook.com/tyke.smyers...9003959&type=3

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    He-Ro and Eldor must come in the PoG vintage cards, at least Brian must consider release them in PoG and MOTU cards...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST

-SONGSTER -SCROLLOS -EVIL ROBOT -STRIDOR -METEORBS

NA: -GLEANONS -GALACTYMITES -WEAPONSTRONIC -SAGITAR -STAGHORN
    MYP: -QUEEN ANDREENO -GNOME MARZO -ORACLE -ODIPHUS -BONE MUTANT
    POG: -GRAY -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR

Heroic Warrior
    These look really cool!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

When are they available?

Here are the results to your most-wanted 5" retro-styled MOTU figures from Super7. These results will be reviewed and considered by Super7 and the Four Horsemen.

This poll focused on 5" candidates that were characters released so far in the Masters of the Universe Classics line. There are always other candidates, and Super7 may have some of their own surprises for the 5" line. But most of the obvious candidates for the 5" line will be characters already released in Classics.

Please note, as indicated in the voting, any character that previously appeared in the 80s as a MOTU toy would be re-released in a Filmation'retro style similar to the 5" figures Super7 has shown already for characters like He-Man and Skeletor.

Also for fun, we included the existing MOTUC vehicles, beasts and playsets in the poll. The following two items would have placed in the Top 15, even though there has been no announcement of anything other than 5" figures coming from Super7:
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Out of those results, I would be most interested in Shadow Weaver, Adora, Queen Marlena and Keldor. So I guess, any new characters that have not already been made.
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

Quote Originally Posted by Greenskull View Post
    Out of those results, I would be most interested in Shadow Weaver, Adora, Queen Marlena and Keldor. So I guess, any new characters that have not already been made.
    I'm the same way. I've waited my whole life for a 5" vintage Strongarm. But a lot of fans really love these Filmation retro variants.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post

Damn, no Cy-Chop or Draego-Man ...

I'm actually really pleased with the result because I'm only interested in the "first 5" MOTU appearance" ones and have zero interest in the Filmation Stylized ones, so this will save me money

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Since S7 is doing HE-RO, I hope they make GRAY, too.
    Yes bring on Gray!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    I'm really excited about Shadow Weaver, Adora, Queen Marlena, Cringer, and Keldor.

From this list, I desperately wanted them to make Marlena, Cringer, and Shadow Weaver in the 80's. I used to call the Mattel 800 number when I was a kid and I'd often ask them about Queen Marlena. I probably drove the customer service reps nuts: "Hi, I was wondering, are you going to make Queen Marlena for Masters of the Universe?" lol. I asked them a number of other things too, but Queen Marlena was probably my number one reason for calling.

I don't really get Sorceress coming in at number 3. The vintage figure is basically already a Filmation Sorceress. I'm assuming it's because people want a more accurate face sculpt and no action feature. Personally, I'd much rather have Strongarm, Scorpia, Icer, Octavia, Fang Man, Fearless Photog, Madame Razz, Lizard Man, etc. than another vintage Sorceress. We already have her!
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; March 13, 2018 at 08:00pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    I'm really excited about Shadow Weaver, Adora, Queen Marlena, Cringer, and Keldor.

From this list, I desperately wanted them to make Marlena, Cringer, and Shadow Weaver in the 80's. I used to call the Mattel 800 number when I was a kid and I'd often ask them about Queen Marlena. I probably drove the customer service reps nuts: "Hi, I was wondering, are you going to make Queen Marlena for Masters of the Universe?" lol. I asked them a number of other things too, but Queen Marlena was probably my number one reason for calling.

I don't really get Sorceress coming in at number 3. The vintage figure is basically already a Filmation Sorceress. I'm assuming it's because people want a more accurate face sculpt and no action feature. Personally, I'd much rather have Strongarm, Scorpia, Icer, Octavia, Fang Man, Fearless Photog, Madame Razz, Lizard Man, etc. than another vintage Sorceress. We already have her!
    Yes, but sheís quite a bit more expensive than a lot of the others, having come in a later wave when production was probably not as high.

Iíd honestly love new re-releases of all the old figures with nice tight legs and no old smelly and sticky plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Top Most Wanted MOTUC: The Twiggets, Sagitar, Spinwit, Spirit, Staghorn, Cringer (articulated adult form), Catra's Cat Form, Kayo, Master Sebrian, Drissi, Caz, Attak Trak, Land Shark, Spidor.

Court Magician
    New here (actually been gone for a VERY long time). I have a few questions, I have skimmed thru the thread but don't see them readily answered because I guess it assumed most here already know the answers.

1) When are these Filmation style figures for sale and how much do they cost? I don't see them on Super7 site.

I did see some on Ebay and it seems they are going for 100 or more per figure. WOW. My budget can't fit that, do you think the price will ever get in the 25 dollar range each for them?

2) Why isn't Mattel making these? They gave a license for Super7 to do them?

Seem like dumb questions, I know. But been away for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevb33 View Post
    New here (actually been gone for a VERY long time). I have a few questions, I have skimmed thru the thread but don't see them readily answered because I guess it assumed most here already know the answers.

1) When are these Filmation style figures for sale and how much do they cost? I don't see them on Super7 site.

I did see some on Ebay and it seems they are going for 100 or more per figure. WOW. My budget can't fit that, do you think the price will ever get in the 25 dollar range each for them?

2) Why isn't Mattel making these? They gave a license for Super7 to do them?

Seem like dumb questions, I know. But been away for a while.
    1. They are up for pre-order now on the super7 site for $20 each and should ship in September.

2. Mattel gave up the rights to Super7 a few years ago.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

ReAction Master
    This was a little tricky to find. I get how someone could miss it if they didn’t know what they were looking for. It’s under Featured Products, but doesn’t come up if you just click on MOTU.

https://preorder.super7store.com/col...rent-pre-order

Court Magician
    OK, I missed that Mattel made Filmations versions. That's how out of the loop I am. How long ago were the filmation Skeletors that are on ebay going for 200 or more dollars made? Mattel logo is onthem. Seems from what I read it's a partnership with MATTEL, not a full rights sell over. Odd that Mattel themselves wouldn't want to produce such figures, that's what puzzles me. Anyone enlighten me as to why they do that?
    Last edited by Sevb33; July 14, 2018 at 01:28pm.

Widget
    Anyone else he-man plastic bubble too big and the figure slides around.
    20181221_142156.jpg

20181221_142131.jpg

Received my two sets yesterday.
    Very happy camper!

Merry Christmas Super7
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199