Page 10 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Super7 MOTU Vintage 5.5" Wave One - He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Hordak

When are they available?

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    If they do the Laser figures, should they be straight releases of the old toys, or do they make some changes?

Do they redesign the battery packs to use smaller batteries and add buttons? Are He-Man's loose wires replaced with a larger wire cord like the MOTUC figure got? Do they swap the M on his belt with the MOTUC "x"? And do they release 2 versions of He-Man with the 2 heads, or do they tool the neck to allow head swapping and include both?
    I'd be okay either way, as long as the overall look of the figure was preserved.

I'd also like them to do those 2 , I have an original LL Skeletor but it would be nice for those who don't.
    I would prefer LP He-Man to be as close to the original as possible and have the look of the Spanish variant though, never felt much for the Dolph head myself.

Would also love to see them do Tytus and Megator, some of the rarer POP figures such as Spinerella, a few of the variants like Leo Faker and Camo Khan, and many more characters that where made for MOTUC but never for the vintage line.
    Last edited by KevMar; August 7, 2017 at 06:10pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I hope they don't do any straight re-makes. I love the vintage line, but I already have it and I suspect many who will collect this line do as well. I also always hate to see vintage lines watered down in anyway by making more.

I prefer new versions of characters. Filmation is great. Mini-Comic would be great. Even 200X versions but made vintage style could be workable on some of those characters and very unique.

There's so much to be done! If they do re-issues, I guess at least changing to the ball jointed hip over the rubber bands would be a nice change. Either way I'm pretty excited for these! I hope they work out the logistics with Mattel soon!

Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    I hope they don't do any straight re-makes. I love the vintage line, but I already have it and I suspect many who will collect this line do as well. I also always hate to see vintage lines watered down in anyway by making more.
    You probably have nothing to worry about. In the interview with BRIAN FLYNN, I remember him saying that straight-up reissues bored him, and he wanted to do something different, hence....the FILMATION influence.

I'm thinking that whether it be FILMATION style, or something else, all of the NewVintage figures will somehow differ from the actual vintage versions.
    Odd Man Out

Just watched Pixel Dan´s review on the figures... And boy, am I excited... When do we get them?? It´s really great everybody around here is also so committed and stoked... For a moment there, I thought everybody was to dismiss this line because of MOTUC...
    "Impossible is what we can't imagine"

Quote Originally Posted by DrMind View Post
    Just watched Pixel Dan´s review on the figures... And boy, am I excited... When do we get them?? It´s really great everybody around here is also so committed and stoked... For a moment there, I thought everybody was to dismiss this line because of MOTUC...
    Hopefully these sell well and we can look forward to more in the near future.
    I'd love to see the originals remade like the commemorative series which are among my favourite figures ever. Getting to add the likes of Ram Man or Kobra Khan would be a dream come true.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMind View Post
    Personally, I think MOTU CLASSICS are the superior figure, but it's all a matter of opinion. Some people prefer the Vintage, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Anyway, I think that these will soar in popularity once they are out there.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; August 18, 2017 at 04:46pm.
    Odd Man Out

Any word on a release date / price yet??
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior
    too bad He-ro and Eldor will both be new sculpting - still will be cool
    But it would have been nice to get exact replicas of the original prototypes

Heroic Warrior
    "Reissues would be boring", great, waste the line's overall potential. I agree that reissuing toys that are easy to find in mint shape for good prices is a waste, but Roboto and Two-Bad are next to impossible to find mint because they degraded horribly. The Laser figures are super rare and need a proper production run. And the fact is, many of these toys have been off the market for a long time and the leg bands are in poor shape. It would beat junk like "Skeletor in bandages" that no one asked for if they just reissued the original. The only Filmation figure I'm even considering buying of the 4 is She-ra and that's if the final figure looks good, and I still think the swords are way too big for all of them.

Card back Mer-Man needs to be made! The one we all wanted back then but never got. I will settle for a FIlmation Mer-Man, but card back should be done.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Powersword123 View Post
    too bad He-ro and Eldor will both be new sculpting - still will be cool
    But it would have been nice to get exact replicas of the original prototypes
    I thought He-Ro was going to be the original mold...unless I missed something?

Don't quote me, but I believe Brian said in an interview that whoever had the original HE-RO mold did not want to sell it, or something along those lines. Or am I thinking of ELDOR?
    Odd Man Out

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Don't quote me, but I believe Brian said in an interview that whoever had the original HE-RO mold did not want to sell it, or something along those lines. Or am I thinking of ELDOR?
    Yeah the SDCC pixel Dan interview with Brian- he said that the guy changed his mind about letting them use the original prototype since he wants to keep it be a rare item and not mass produced

Quote Originally Posted by Powersword123 View Post
    Yeah the SDCC pixel Dan interview with Brian- he said that the guy changed his mind about letting them use the original prototype since he wants to keep it be a rare item and not mass produced
    It is sad

If the HORSEMEN are doing the molds, I'm sure there's nothing to worry about.
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    It is sad
    Man, what a bummer

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    If the HORSEMEN are doing the molds, I'm sure there's nothing to worry about.
    Agree 100%

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

It's been kinda quiet to my knowledge on these.. Pixel Dan told me he didn't know when these would drop and I can't get Super7 to respond to me AT ALL. Does anyone have any info whatsoever?
    @thunderpunchheman :Instagram https://www.instagram.com/thunderpunchheman/
    @thunderpunchU : Twitter

Heroic Warrior
    oh that's lame.

Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    Powersword123

"I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Heroic Warrior sandrockgundam04's Avatar
    The latest Fans of Power podcast. Brian is on the podcast and mentions around 5min mark that the Vintage line is delayed because Mattel wants it at mass retail! Nothing set in stone, but that's the current reason. That's pretty amazing if you ask me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP_F1gd6rN8

That's a good news, that's means "correct" prices as the commemorative versions were and not high prices like $25/30 for a figure.

Quote Originally Posted by sandrockgundam04 View Post
    The latest Fans of Power podcast. Brian is on the podcast and mentions around 5min mark that the Vintage line is delayed because Mattel wants it at mass retail! Nothing set in stone, but that's the current reason. That's pretty amazing if you ask me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP_F1gd6rN8
    MATTEL WORKING TO PUT VINTAGE STYLE MOTU FIGURES ON MASS RETAIL SHELVES!

Super7's Brian Flynn unveiled some amazing news on the newest episode of the Fans of Power podcast! Mattel has taken an interest in his plans to release new vintage styled figures, and wants to super size the release onto stores shelves at big box retailers like Wal-Mart, Target, and Toys R Us!

“Once we did it everyone went ‘Hey how come we’ve never done it before?’ and so in that regard Mattel is working with a larger retailer to try and put it on mass market shelves. The deal’s not done, it’s not put out, it’s not anything else, but there’s an attempt for that 5.5 inch line to be able to go on shelf at mass retail.”

Production on the figures has been delayed because of this.

“We were planning to have it out December. It was going to be out this Christmas. And most likely now it will be out Fall 2018, which basically means August, as soon as Back to School is over."

"The figures are ready to go. If the deal falls through we’ll release them, but more than likely, everybody’s very excited about it, so it’s moving back up the food chain from us to Mattel, but using our sculpts and out tools to make it.”

"I’m pretty sure it’s going to happen, but nothing’s set in stone yet, things change all the time."

Brian said Super7 had already planned out three waves of the new vintage style figures. Eldor is planned to be released with a book illustrating the 14 different stages of the figure's conceptual toy design evolution, the first being "radically different" than the Eldor figure we've seen as a prototype.

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    MATTEL WORKING TO PUT VINTAGE STYLE MOTU FIGURES ON MASS RETAIL SHELVES!

Super7's Brian Flynn unveiled some amazing news on the newest episode of the Fans of Power podcast! Mattel has taken an interest in his plans to release new vintage styled figures, and wants to super size the release onto stores shelves at big box retailers like Wal-Mart, Target, and Toys R Us!

“Once we did it everyone went ‘Hey how come we’ve never done it before?’ and so in that regard Mattel is working with a larger retailer to try and put it on mass market shelves. The deal’s not done, it’s not put out, it’s not anything else, but there’s an attempt for that 5.5 inch line to be able to go on shelf at mass retail.”

Production on the figures has been delayed because of this.

“We were planning to have it out December. It was going to be out this Christmas. And most likely now it will be out Fall 2018, which basically means August, as soon as Back to School is over."

"The figures are ready to go. If the deal falls through we’ll release them, but more than likely, everybody’s very excited about it, so it’s moving back up the food chain from us to Mattel, but using our sculpts and out tools to make it.”

"I’m pretty sure it’s going to happen, but nothing’s set in stone yet, things change all the time."

Brian said Super7 had already planned out three waves of the new vintage style figures. Eldor is planned to be released with a book illustrating the 14 different stages of the figure's conceptual toy design evolution, the first being "radically different" than the Eldor figure we've seen as a prototype.
    Wow, big news! I wonder what else they'll be releasing in 5.5" scale?