Page 13 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Super7 MOTU Vintage 5.5" Wave One - He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Hordak

Quote Originally Posted by EatTheseCrackers View Post
    So this new vintage line requires a retail partner to justify production?

Has anyone asked Super 7 to rescale the existing Classics Castle Grayskull mold and Classics vehicles to sell alongside with these vintage figures? Something a retail Partner like Wal-Mart might carry.
    I'm not sure that's an accurate assessment or just a general question, but these have already been produced. They're waiting to release these in a retail setting. If that falls through, they'll be ready to go directly through S7.
    @thunderpunchheman :Instagram https://www.instagram.com/thunderpunchheman/
    @thunderpunchU : Twitter

Heroic Warrior
    Oh that was a question. I didn't want to see a great new line denied release because big box stores passed on it. That's great news!

Now get on reusing parts to build up the ranks. The new Possessed Skeletor buck for the Horde Mummy, etc.

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar

Has anyone asked Super 7 to rescale the existing Classics Castle Grayskull mold and Classics vehicles to sell alongside with these vintage figures? Something a retail Partner like Wal-Mart might carry.
    They can't do that sadly. They don't have access to the Mattel molds. They said this in a previous Q & A when asked about Strider and some Classics related stuff. The Mattel factory has them and they can't get them now that they moved factories!
    Changed my blog Alexis' Treasures!/ Finally updated the address, now takes you to my toy blog again!

Quote Originally Posted by motu77 View Post
    I saw these. They look pretty cool. You even have an idea of how they fit in with MOTU playsets, it looks like a nicely modified Fright Zone they have there.
    Wow, you're right, that's totally a repurposed Fright Zone
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexisLasek View Post
    They can't do that sadly. They don't have access to the Mattel molds. They said this in a previous Q & A when asked about Strider and some Classics related stuff. The Mattel factory has them and they can't get them now that they moved factories!
    That is unfortunate to hear. With everything going on for them right now, I'm sure they are stretched thin resource wise but if the lack of access to the classics mold were any motivation, I'd gladly buy a vintage castle rerelease from Super 7, with added touches and nods as they saw fit to add.

I was surprised reading about Mattels enthusiasm for this line when they themselves put out the Commemorative line to great success years back. Does the outgoing leadership not tell the new one "here's a list of historical successes for the company, you know, in case you wanna make some money at retail, or not". They have to know how much vintage is loved by so many.

So this new vintage line requires a retail partner to justify production?

So who is the retail partner?

Do we have any idea how and when we can get our hands on these?!?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Do we have any idea how and when we can get our hands on these?!?
    Nope not just yet. Still waiting for news from Mattel and Super 7, my guess is Toy Fair we'll hear something!
    Changed my blog Alexis' Treasures!/ Finally updated the address, now takes you to my toy blog again!

Nope not just yet. Still waiting for news from Mattel and Super 7, my guess is Toy Fair we'll hear something!
    I certainly hope so!

The wait is KILLING me!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Just now seeing this. This is interesting and good news.

Though with TRU now going bankrupt I doubt that they will have it.

I've been looking forward to these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    MATTEL WORKING TO PUT VINTAGE STYLE MOTU FIGURES ON MASS RETAIL SHELVES!

Super7's Brian Flynn unveiled some amazing news on the newest episode of the Fans of Power podcast! Mattel has taken an interest in his plans to release new vintage styled figures, and wants to super size the release onto stores shelves at big box retailers like Wal-Mart, Target, and Toys R Us!

“Once we did it everyone went ‘Hey how come we’ve never done it before?’ and so in that regard Mattel is working with a larger retailer to try and put it on mass market shelves. The deal’s not done, it’s not put out, it’s not anything else, but there’s an attempt for that 5.5 inch line to be able to go on shelf at mass retail.”

Production on the figures has been delayed because of this.

“We were planning to have it out December. It was going to be out this Christmas. And most likely now it will be out Fall 2018, which basically means August, as soon as Back to School is over."

"The figures are ready to go. If the deal falls through we’ll release them, but more than likely, everybody’s very excited about it, so it’s moving back up the food chain from us to Mattel, but using our sculpts and out tools to make it.”

"I’m pretty sure it’s going to happen, but nothing’s set in stone yet, things change all the time."

Brian said Super7 had already planned out three waves of the new vintage style figures. Eldor is planned to be released with a book illustrating the 14 different stages of the figure's conceptual toy design evolution, the first being "radically different" than the Eldor figure we've seen as a prototype.

Whatever brick and mortar store carries them, I have no doubt I'll be getting them online. I haven't had decent luck at normal stores in about a decade.
    Odd Man Out

The TRU bankruptcy is not great news for us Australian collectors. Theyre one of the international chains we have (had?)... online may end up being our best bet.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    I'm curious if the additional planned waves are all Filmation revisits of original figures or new characters?

Losing 3 Toys R Us stores in Washington state so I would guess Wal-Mart or possibly Amazon as an exclusive holder. Hope I'm wrong and they go wide everywhere.

What about Walgreens or BigBadToyStore as an exclusive partner?

Destroyer of Tough Stains Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    This new factory better do one hell of a good job to make the change worth while. I get changing factories if the old one really cannot be relied upon (and there have been issues), but it seems somewhat short sighted to change factories to another than hasn't necessarily been proven and may not be any better when it also cuts off access to the molds. I mean no disrespect to the people at Super 7. But it just seems like that was a huge sacrifice to make on something that is very much a gamble.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    This new factory better do one hell of a good job to make the change worth while. I get changing factories if the old one really cannot be relied upon (and there have been issues), but it seems somewhat short sighted to change factories to another than hasn't necessarily been proven and may not be any better when it also cuts off access to the molds. I mean no disrespect to the people at Super 7. But it just seems like that was a huge sacrifice to make on something that is very much a gamble.
    So is it just beasts and vehicle molds that are off limits? Are all Classics figures and new Vintage figures going forward going to have to be new molds because everything previously released under Mattel are off limits? Seems like this hurts the idea of a master set of availble parts to draw from to kitbash new figures and accessories if all of the old molds are unavailble.

So is it just beasts and vehicle molds that are off limits? Are all Classics figures and new Vintage figures going forward going to have to be new molds because everything previously released under Mattel are off limits? Seems like this hurts the idea of a master set of availble parts to draw from to kitbash new figures and accessories if all of the old molds are unavailble.
    Yes all of the "classics" molds are unavailable. However last year i think they said they did get a hold of some of the old vintage molds. The reason for the move has two possible reasons that I have heard: 1: Super 7's classics run is much lower than what Mattel did so the factory was charging way to much. The second reason that I heard was that again due to Super 7 being smaller they prioritized Mattel orders (Hot Wheels, Barbie, etc) and there was no way of knowing when the factory would get around to classics.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jjhuehn View Post
    The TRU bankruptcy is not great news for us Australian collectors. Theyre one of the international chains we have (had?)... online may end up being our best bet.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Yup! Sad days for us. Just waiting for the news of the closure of stores here...
    Wanted in MOTUC: 1) Masks of Power Demons 2) Mini-Comics Tri-Klops 3) Hoove 4) Vintage Attack Trak 5) Leech (Club Grayskull)
    Like Shock Rock? Check out my band: www.reverbnation.com/massrejection

Heroic Warrior
    Yes all of the "classics" molds are unavailable. However last year i think they said they did get a hold of some of the old vintage molds. The reason for the move has two possible reasons that I have heard: 1: Super 7's classics run is much lower than what Mattel did so the factory was charging way to much. The second reason that I heard was that again due to Super 7 being smaller they prioritized Mattel orders (Hot Wheels, Barbie, etc) and there was no way of knowing when the factory would get around to classics.
    They got hold of some vintage molds? That's fantastic! I assumed they had to make new molds for their vintage line.

I just finally watched the Curse of the Three Terrors and I'm left asking where was the new vintage figure of the evil king when they put out their line?

Are these ever going to be sold? I signed up for the super 7 emails and they consist of everything under the sun but MOTU......
    The true power of childhood is imagination.

Okay.. someone has got to know something on this at this point in time. The figures are already made supposedly! Must be making a mint of the other lines they sell to hold on to these.

Someone give me something...
    @thunderpunchheman :Instagram https://www.instagram.com/thunderpunchheman/
    @thunderpunchU : Twitter

Heroic Warrior
    I missed out on the comm line and would probably go in debt if they brought it out again imagine all the two packs they could make those would sell without a doubt . Not too excited about trying to find this stuff at retail though I never have any luck with that.

Tired to wait again and again... when we are supposed to see Something new? :/

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    Just now seeing this. This is interesting and good news.

Though with TRU now going bankrupt I doubt that they will have it.

I've been looking forward to these guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    “We were planning to have it out December. It was going to be out this Christmas. And most likely now it will be out Fall 2018, which basically means August, as soon as Back to School is over."
    ....So, does this mean we may see them in late summer / early fall??

This sounds like an inordinate amount of time to get figures out that are already completed...

I'm wondering what they are going to cost. Those weird Mortal Kombat figures with the Incredible Hulk bodies are only like $10 or something. So I don't see why these would cost much more than those do.
    Those who can master the kairu can become all-powerful Redakai

The reason S7 is waiting to release them is because Mattel is trying to get them to retail. If that fails they will be sold on s7's site.

As to the price that all depends on if it goes to retail or not. Funko's MK figs are only $10 due to being in retail and therefore having a larger run, if this line is only through s7's normal avenues, it'll have a much smaller run and will cost around $25 just like the 3 terrors line was.

Honestly if it means they'll be cheaper i am ok with waiting for them!