Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Super7 MOTU Vintage 5.5" Wave One - He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Hordak

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChgoMarc View Post
    And they are just going to ignore the QC issues?
    Every time I click on this thread to see what is going on I see this question at the top of the page and I chuckle.

It seems they’ve been ignoring QC issues from the start with no plans to change.

I have no ill will towards Brian and S7, but I think MOTU is just too much for them to handle. It's like a small Craft Beer company trying to take over for Budweiser. It's just too much. They don't have the cash, the resources, and the amount of people needed to handle this line.

The love and the drive is there, but that can only go so far. Imagine if at your workplace, you suddenly had to handle the responsibilities of 5 employees.

I do not mean to be disrespectful, and I'm not saying that I have the answers....I'm just going by what I see.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; August 8, 2018 at 11:52pm.
    Odd Man Out

I finally got a response but no return shipping label...I guess I'll just wait another two weeks? I hope they have a plan in motion otherwise this is some crap customer service.

I finally received my sets yesterday, after battling the customs for a couple of weeks. Packaging had a bit of wear, but in my case, it included bubble wrap. Paint application was certainly sloppy, but not big problems there, other than a bit of golden paint in one of She-Ra's legs. The legs stiffness was a real problem. However, I applied some heat with a hair dryer and now they move pretty well. She-Ra has some problemas to remain standing, but my vintage Sorceress, Tee La and Evil Lyn have always had. I think that has to do with the original female design. the quality of the plastic leaves room for improvement, certainly.

Overall, despite all the problems, I'm glad with the figures. Perhaps it's a matter of expectations. After so many negative reviews, I expected something much worse

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    I have no ill will towards Brian and S7, but I think MOTU is just too much for them to handle. It's like a small Craft Beer company trying to take over for Budweiser. It's just too much. They don't have the cash, the resources, and the amount of people needed to handle this line.

The love and the drive is there, but that can only go so far. Imagine if at your workplace, you suddenly had to handle the responsibilities of 5 employees.

I do not mean to be disrespectful, and I'm not saying that I have the answers....I'm just going by what I see.
    I think you’re probably right... but what was the alternative? If it weren’t for Super 7 the line would have died 2 years ago. I prefer them doing their best even if their best doesn’t meet the expectations of the fandom as opposed to nothing at all. They’re doing well enough in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IMHO Super7 does a wonderful job with MOTU, and its keeping it alive given the predicament. Quality and logistics? Yes there is a lot of room for improvement, and they are into it how long? More than a year? I say give it some time and patience and I think Super7 will achieve the level we all expect them to be.

Also, passionate people are the ones rising from all adversity, so I bet on Super7.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Heroic Warrior

I agree with you. Is it that hard to have a person(s) dedicated to customer service and be available to answers emails? I mean you can answer from your phone anywhere! Not sure about the rules on here so I wont name websites but I also collect WWE figs and the customer service I get is stellar. The same person's name is always in the signature block and they answer day and night within an hour. I am sure they are receiving far more emails than Super7 Brian seems like a cool dude but this is an epic failure. Why cant he put out an email explaining the situation? That would ease my mind a little. I wish Val or mjw41 could get to the bottom of this. They seems to have a line to them

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with you. Is it that hard to have a person(s) dedicated to customer service and be available to answers emails? I mean you can answer from your phone anywhere! Not sure about the rules on here so I wont name websites but I also collect WWE figs and the customer service I get is stellar. The same person's name is always in the signature block and they answer day and night within an hour. I am sure they are receiving far more emails than Super7 Brian seems like a cool dude but this is an epic failure. Why cant he put out an email explaining the situation? That would ease my mind a little. I wish Val or mjw41 could get to the bottom of this. They seems to have a line to them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bat4life1 View Post
    I called the following number 1-415-227-4701. Ask to speak to someone concerning your online order. They will connect you to the right person, the last 2 times I got Matt helping me.
    Thanks I will try later when they are open.

Vintage style Super7 5.5" official discussion - He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Hordak

The more I play with these figures, the more I like them. I’d like to share some pics I took combining real vintage elements with the new ones:

https://instagram.com/p/BmOr-FMnUzo/
    https://instagram.com/p/BmOsDEjH_xE/
    https://instagram.com/p/BmRA_QyH4rH/

Court Magician
    When do the 4 ship? I pre ordered over 2 weeks ago.

It's not disrespectful to call it like it is, and you make a great analogy.

I don't think Super7 realized what they were getting in to, and now they have to continually play catch-up while trying to put on a happy face for their customer base.

In retrospect, Super7 probably wasn't the best choice to continue the MOTUC brand (4H Studios or Funko would have been better IMO), but we're stuck with them now - for better or for worse. I only hope that they can correct the ship on which we've been sailing... otherwise it's gonna smack into a huge iceberg while people are abandoning ship the whole while.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

I just saw a review about the Funko MK line. Their legs have a simple ball joint that mimic the rubber band range of motion perfectly.
    Wouldn't have been more simple than the Super7's MOTU? But I'm not an expert and I could be very very wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by capitrueno View Post
    The more I play with these figures, the more I like them. I’d like to share some pics I took combining real vintage elements with the new ones:

https://instagram.com/p/BmOr-FMnUzo/
    https://instagram.com/p/BmOsDEjH_xE/
    https://instagram.com/p/BmRA_QyH4rH/
    Those are great

Heroic Master of Typos davidlogan's Avatar
    It's bananas that they still haven't replied to me emails about my 2 packs. I have a friend who lives right next to me that got his weeks ago, And has gotten his Stridor. I can't even get an answer to an email!

I tried calling the store. I was told to email them, because through email they "respond promptly."

I insisted that they do not, and so they took down my order info. Now for more waiting.
    "..."

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Those are great

Thanks!

Thanks!
    What makes it extra amazing is how it blends perfectly well with those vintage figures.

What makes it extra amazing is how it blends perfectly well with those vintage figures.

That’s what I was trying to point out. Someone who doesn’t know the line would asume they’re contemporary.

Very well stated and perfectly on point. I absolutely agree.

That’s what I was trying to point out. Someone who doesn’t know the line would asume they’re contemporary.
    With the upcoming eldor and hero, the line is in the right track and i hope continue to grow more.

With the upcoming eldor and hero, the line is in the right track and i hope continue to grow more.

Can’t wait!!

Court Magician

Apologies if it is somewhere but how many are expected to get released in this line?

Quote Originally Posted by bootrix2 View Post
    Apologies if it is somewhere but how many are expected to get released in this line?
    I believe as many as the line will allow! If the support is there, it will continue, is my understanding.
    @thunderpunchheman :Instagram https://www.instagram.com/thunderpunchheman/
    @thunderpunchU : Twitter

Heroic Warrior
    I guess we will get the Filmation A-Listers: Trap Jaw, Mer-Man, Evil Lyn, Teela, Sorceress, Orko etc. Maybe even Battle-Cat.

Its the QC that's going to make/break the line.

I just watched Pixel Dan's savage world MK review and i have a tear in my eye, those are the most beautiful action figures I've seen in the last twenty years, please Super7 just give Funko the licence, your not a big money hungry corporation, you're the kooky hipster company that makes translucent glitter figures of Chubby Vampire Bats, let the big boys have motu, they know what they are doing.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurkingfandom79 View Post
    I just watched Pixel Dan's savage world MK review and i have a tear in my eye, those are the most beautiful action figures I've seen in the last twenty years, please Super7 just give Funko the licence, your not a big money hungry corporation, you're the kooky hipster company that makes translucent glitter figures of Chubby Vampire Bats, let the big boys have motu, they know what they are doing.
    The thundercats line looked amazing. Savage world is going to release when?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bat4life1 View Post
    I called the following number 1-415-227-4701. Ask to speak to someone concerning your online order. They will connect you to the right person, the last 2 times I got Matt helping me.
    I called on Friday. The guy had no clue how to help me. At first he couldn’t even find order #. Then he did and said he couldn’t help and give my info “ Matt”. Well that was Friday. Still no email or phone call. It’s beyond ridiculous