Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1366

Thread: Super7 MOTU Vintage 5.5" Wave One - He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Hordak

Heroic Warrior
    The legs go around ok, very little movement in and out though. i dont want to break them.

Court Magician
    I have emailed them 3 times the past week, not response. I pre-ordered these in July. I have no tracking number and my order is not found on past orders. I have a order number and the money was certainly deducted from my debit card. Those who received them, did you get a tracking number and or email with it when they shipped?

Heroic Warrior
    Upon further inspection- I am not impressed with these at all. They feel cheap. The paint on He-Man's harness is chipping after a few hours. They don't fit in the vehicles without risking snapping the legs: i'd rather they went with nylon or rubber bands. Even used vintage figures feel stronger. I won't be buying anymore of them including He-Ro.

Rather than a rubber band or the silly joint they went with for the hips - they should have just gone with a good old ball joint like classic TMNT. You'd get the same range of motion as the old toys (which these lack) and no fear of broken hip pegs or rubber bands.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosMonkeyPoo View Post
    Rather than a rubber band or the silly joint they went with for the hips - they should have just gone with a good old ball joint like classic TMNT. You'd get the same range of motion as the old toys (which these lack) and no fear of broken hip pegs or rubber bands.

Before anyone posts pictures of broken Savage World balljoint posts, they are strengthening the posts for those for the brick and mortar release, TCats reorders, and wave 2 Primal Age/TCats, etc.

The problem Funko/Super7/etc. are having isn’t with bad manufacturing or design or whatever.

It’s just a complete lack of the kind of testing resources that mass produced figures used to get.

Which probably doesn’t show up as much except when you do something new.

IMHO, the ideal would have been to copy whatever Mattel did for NA Thunder Punch He-Man and/or King Arthur and the Knights of Justice just to piggyback off their materials testing.

But if Funko cracks the right approach with the B&M SW release, absolutely, copy their approach.

Quote Originally Posted by themodrenman View Post
    Upon further inspection- I am not impressed with these at all. They feel cheap. The paint on He-Man's harness is chipping after a few hours. They don't fit in the vehicles without risking snapping the legs: i'd rather they went with nylon or rubber bands. Even used vintage figures feel stronger. I won't be buying anymore of them including He-Ro.
    What a shame :/
    According to the pictures from another member here, his new He-Man (fresh out of the box) also already has paint chips on the belt.
    I thought the founders of Super7 were huge Masters fans as well? Why is their built quality average at best? How can it be that 30+ years old figures have better quality than new ones? Mattel was king, it would be a godsend if they produce MOTU stuff again according to fans suggestions and whishes. It seems Super7 want to sell and produce a lot of stuff at lowest cost possible but unfortunately the quality is suffering from it.
    The filmation Mer-Man classic figure also has paint chip problems on his gloves when you attach the sword to the hand a few times.

Heroic Warrior
    What do you know: https://youtu.be/bghA36JHHEA?t=227
    That was in July 2017... difficult to accept at this point.

I have to say, after a day of playing with my new he-man, I do love him. Yeah, his chest armor falls off a lot, his sword falls out of his hand. Just like the original! But seriously, the legs are actually pretty good. Not quite as much motion as the rubber band, but it works fine. And I don’t have any chipped paint yet.

I wish the quality was a little better. And for me personally, I would pay more to have better quality. But the reality is, without Super7, we wouldn’t have any of these vintage rerelease toys (Not to mention the Filmation toys, which I love more than the Classics). So, I’ll continue to deal with the quality to get these fun toys.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'm dreading getting these in the post now. I wish I hadn't ordered from BBTS and waited a little while longer.

At least I can return them if they break easily.
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

Still have stuck legs (they rotate but can't swing in and out at the built in hinge) on both sets of new figures. Even after heating. Lots of paint issues with skeletor's eyes and he-man's hair slopped on his face. He-mans belt is also missing orange paint all over.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by 0RK0 View Post
    What a shame :/
    According to the pictures from another member here, his new He-Man (fresh out of the box) also already has paint chips on the belt.
    I thought the founders of Super7 were huge Masters fans as well? Why is their built quality average at best? How can it be that 30+ years old figures have better quality than new ones? Mattel was king, it would be a godsend if they produce MOTU stuff again according to fans suggestions and whishes. It seems Super7 want to sell and produce a lot of stuff at lowest cost possible but unfortunately the quality is suffering from it.
    The filmation Mer-Man classic figure also has paint chip problems on his gloves when you attach the sword to the hand a few times.
    Because Super7 has fewer than twenty employees and is a tiny operation, smaller than any one of the Starbucks in the town where you live, most likely, and Mattel 35 years ago was, comparably, a corporate juggernaut with a bigger budget and, by virtue of targeting one of the largest generations of children ever, could run a big enough production run to be relatively defect free and eat the cost of inspecting and throwing out irregular figures.

Super7 would have better product if they had million figure runs and child safety testing. The figures would probably have to look more like Kingdom Builders or Imaginext if they did that today to get funding. And the upfront cost? I doubt anyone on the outside would finance that.

One reason I’d rather they just made the Vintage figures cheaper and then I could just buy two if I have to.
    Last edited by Cobrala; November 21, 2018 at 03:03pm.

Quote Originally Posted by suckator View Post
    Still have stuck legs (they rotate but can't swing in and out at the built in hinge) on both sets of new figures. Even after heating. Lots of paint issues with skeletor's eyes and he-man's hair slopped on his face. He-mans belt is also missing orange paint all over.
    This is unacceptable. Can you trade them for figures in better condition?

Heroic Warrior
    The legs go around ok, very little movement in and out though. i dont want to break them.

Same. Listed them on eBay. Someone bought them right up. I wish they were better because I like the accessories: the sword and staff were nicely done. Just the legs and paint problems. Again.

Any more pics, folks?

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Any more pics, folks?
    If you insist! Got my set today.

They look great (especially on card) and MOSTLY feel sturdy but the hips are absolute garbage. All of mines hip disk hinge were immovable. I used heat to loosen them up so I could work them loose but after they cooled all went right back to being frozen. Also, She-Ras hip hinge might be overly tight but the post that plugs into the body for the leg rotation is overly loose and floppy. So getting her to stand is a giant pain.

So yeah, the mostly nailed it but the one area the flopped they failed at so hard it almost negates a lot of what good feelings I have for them.

Last edited by chaosMonkeyPoo; November 21, 2018 at 09:47pm.

Out of these four releases, She-Ra was the one I was hoping to eventually get if it seemed like there was improvement from the ones that came out months back in the two-pack with Hordak. So far though it seems like the getting her to stand thing is still an issue. Thanks for sharing that pic!

Heroic Warrior
    I think — still waiting on mine — that based on other people’s reviews, rigid plastic harnesses seems like a mistake, one of those “pure nostalgia” decisions.

The EXACT SAME harnesses from Classics would work in the exact same material.

And I’m not entirely convinced that Funko wasn’t smarter sculpting harnesses on and/or gluing them into cavities on the torso.

The ability to swap armor was always a couple hours of delight as a kid — followed by years of frustration with lost pieces, damaged pieces, etc.

Got mine today and love them. Not really into playing, so the hip issue is a non-issue for me. For the money, these are pretty awesome

Really dig the artwork on the back. Really couldn't ask for a better toy for $20 - yes, I am easy to please

For those waiting to hear from Super7, they are probably out of the office until Mon. Possibly. Wouldn't expect a response until mon
    Last edited by He-NERD; November 22, 2018 at 01:09am.
    Digging the Origins line!!!!

Court Magician
    How many of you that have received yours got a tracking number or email notification that they were shipped? I ordered in July. I have nothing and my emails have been ignored for almost 2 weeks.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevb33 View Post
    How many of you that have received yours got a tracking number or email notification that they were shipped? I ordered in July. I have nothing and my emails have been ignored for almost 2 weeks.
    I ordered my set the moment the pre-order opened, and it has been radio silence ever since. I never get shipping notices from them, my items just show up one day. It stresses me out a little bit, because I have so many items ordered through Super7, and I have no idea if and when any of them will arrive. I am still waiting on the Castle Grayskull dungeon grate rug.

I just saw that these figs are now at FYE in the US. We have a subsidiary chain here in australia. Im wondering if i see them on the shelf before i see my pre-order. Any aussie pre-orderers get a shipping notice yet? I sure havent.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Super 7 is still shipping orders and has a ways to go. BBTS got theirs so fast because they arranged for freight pickup at the factory. They should have all the orders out by the end of the month from what I am hearing. I sure hope so!

What is fye?

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNSC7 View Post
    What is fye?
    It's a music/movies/collectibles store and website.

Heroic Warrior
    For Your Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    It's a music/movies/collectibles store and website.