Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1366

Thread: Super7 MOTU Vintage 5.5" Wave One - He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Hordak

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jjhuehn View Post
    I just saw that these figs are now at FYE in the US. We have a subsidiary chain here in australia. Im wondering if i see them on the shelf before i see my pre-order. Any aussie pre-orderers get a shipping notice yet? I sure havent.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Just picked up my Skeletor at FYE in Pennsylvania. I ordered two sets at two different times directly from Super7. Neither set came and Iíve received no emails.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    For Your Entertainment
    I'm not the one who asked lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toyjesus View Post
    Just picked up my Skeletor at FYE in Pennsylvania. I ordered two sets at two different times directly from Super7. Neither set came and I’ve received no emails.
    Nada here either. Nuthin.

ReAction Master
    I already have Teela preordered from Super7, but for Wave 3 and beyond I’ll go through BBTS. Brian said preorderers would get theirs very first, but I’m still waiting on Skeletor and it sounds like folks who ordered from BBTS already got theirs. On top of that, shipping is cheaper. It just doesn’t make sense to go directly through Super7.

[QUOTE=Shaun Flaherty;3811848]I already have Teela preordered from Super7, but for Wave 3 and beyond I’ll go through BBTS. Brian said preorderers would get theirs very first, but I’m still waiting on Skeletor and it sounds like folks who ordered from BBTS already got theirs. On top of that, shipping is cheaper. It just doesn’t make sense to go directly through Super7.[/

has anyone got their figures from Super 7 yet?

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    5A294B39-FEDF-403F-AE59-FBDA769B95D2.jpg

Still waiting on mine as well but fun seeing them in stores.

[QUOTE=ChipNSC7;3811850]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Flaherty View Post
    I already have Teela preordered from Super7, but for Wave 3 and beyond Iíll go through BBTS. Brian said preorderers would get theirs very first, but Iím still waiting on Skeletor and it sounds like folks who ordered from BBTS already got theirs. On top of that, shipping is cheaper. It just doesnít make sense to go directly through Super7.[/

has anyone got their figures from Super 7 yet?
    Some have. Some haven't. Personally I haven't heard ****. This is the discussion in hand right now.

Heroic Warrior
    Picked these up at FYE.

As someone who owns a bunch of the new ROTU figures, Savage World and other 5.5s, I have to say these are the worst of the lot. The plastic is cheap and brittle.

The leg joints are stuck on all of mine. You get some rotation, but that's it.

If you try to move the legs, they get stress marks on the plastic. Again, a sign of really cheap plastic.

There's some really nasty mold flashing on several of the arms. Again, feels like something you'd see on a really cheap figure.

The paint work is also inconsistent. Not terrible, but not up to par even with Funko's offerings.

The accessories are decent, but the armor feels like it won't last long. Doesn't get a solid fit. I like the weapons well enough. But He-man's shield is crap. I wish he came with the axe.

It's cool that these are in FYE (allows you to pick through the paint) but it's almost criminal for these to be $5 more than the superior Funko figures next to it.

Right now Zoloworld's ROTU is hands down the best 5.5. figures on the market. Funko is a distant second. Sadly, these are bringing up the rear. I really hope they improve.

Heroic Warrior
    Larger companies like FYE and BBTS picked up their freight FOB Hong Kong, so straight from the factory. Super 7 is shipping orders now, but those guys got them around the same time. Super 7 has the bulk of the orders, so it's going to be slower from them under that system.

Hopefully it won't be much longer!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
    Picked these up at FYE.

As someone who owns a bunch of the new ROTU figures, Savage World and other 5.5s, I have to say these are the worst of the lot. The plastic is cheap and brittle.

The leg joints are stuck on all of mine. You get some rotation, but that's it.

If you try to move the legs, they get stress marks on the plastic. Again, a sign of really cheap plastic.

There's some really nasty mold flashing on several of the arms. Again, feels like something you'd see on a really cheap figure.

The paint work is also inconsistent. Not terrible, but not up to par even with Funko's offerings.

The accessories are decent, but the armor feels like it won't last long. Doesn't get a solid fit. I like the weapons well enough. But He-man's shield is crap. I wish he came with the axe.

It's cool that these are in FYE (allows you to pick through the paint) but it's almost criminal for these to be $5 more than the superior Funko figures next to it.

Right now Zoloworld's ROTU is hands down the best 5.5. figures on the market. Funko is a distant second. Sadly, these are bringing up the rear. I really hope they improve.
    If these were sub $15 like Funkoís, I PERSONALLY would be fine with sculpted harnesses.

As-is, at $20+, I donít understand why they tooled new harnesses. The classics harnesses already would fit. MOTUC was based on the head and upper torso of vintage. Customizers routinely use MOTUC armor on 5.5ís.

Iím kinda iffy on them tooling new head sculpts as a ďcompromiseĒ between vintage and Filmation. The Funko Zorn BEAUTIFULLY uses an animated style. They could literally just create a 3D model of a neck adapter and bash it onto Classics headsculpts. Likewise, the weapons could have been reused with a new 3D handle asset based on the vintage handles.

He-Man almost works as an inbetween but Prince Adam will look all wrong unless they veer more Filmation. I like She-Raís look but the 5.5Ē figure from the toothbrush set in the 80s has a Filmation accurate head whereas S7ís looks like a halfway morph between that and vintage Teela.

Iím looking forward to my figures knowing the issues but it seems like S7 actually did MORE WORK than it would have been to just recycle superior Classics 3D assets and manufacturing.

Ideally, IMHO, when they get to Triclops, they could just make it a Vintage Filmation He-Man arms and torso with vintage Skeletor legs and a direct lift of Classics Filmation Triclopsí harness (including materials) and the fixed Filmation Triclops head fused with a 3D model of a vintage neck.

Instead, it feels like theyíre doing unnecessary new work.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Flaherty View Post
    I already have Teela preordered from Super7, but for Wave 3 and beyond I’ll go through BBTS. Brian said preorderers would get theirs very first, but I’m still waiting on Skeletor and it sounds like folks who ordered from BBTS already got theirs. On top of that, shipping is cheaper. It just doesn’t make sense to go directly through Super7.
    I just stopped in to see what people thought of these, but I didn't realize Super 7 hasn't shipped a bunch of them yet!

I ordered mine through BBTS and got them the week before Thanksgiving!

They are definitely fun figures... and they will give you that euphoric rush of nostalgia when you hold them in your hands - just like when we were kids!

The armor is probably my biggest gripe. It's way too stiff and doesn't fit naturally like the vintage armor. He-Man's crest sits in front of his abs, and Skeletor's pauldrons sit way too low... not over the shoulder like they should. On top of this, it is very difficult to adjust the armor because they use the same design as the vintage figures, but a much harder plastic, so it makes it almost null.

Also, He-Man NEEDS his axe!!

I'm not sad that I ordered two sets, I really do like them, and I'm looking forward to the next wave, but these really should be in the $12 - $15 range.

The packaging and that wonderful feeling of being back in 1983 again make these figures worth it.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Here's my question to all you awesome customizers out there - do you think the tiara/crown on this new She-Ra figure could be carefully cut out and transposed to the actual vintage POP She-Ra?

What can I say - I don't like this MOTU Teela-ized She-Ra figure...but the tiara is hard to sculpt and if you can put that on a vintage POP figure, you might have something really good-looking
    Last edited by DisneyBoy; November 25, 2018 at 03:21am.

Quote Originally Posted by jjhuehn View Post
    I just saw that these figs are now at FYE in the US. We have a subsidiary chain here in australia. Im wondering if i see them on the shelf before i see my pre-order. Any aussie pre-orderers get a shipping notice yet? I sure havent.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    I got a shipping notice last week, ordered from BBTS though, not super 7

Someone was saying that the waist feature doesn't work. It works and very, very well......trust me, got them all, and they are fantastic for what they are!!!
    Digging the Origins line!!!!

Grrr, still waiting on these. Just checked my confirmation, and all 4 were purchased in August. Haven't received a ship notice or the figures. Hmmmmmm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    Grrr, still waiting on these. Just checked my confirmation, and all 4 were purchased in August. Haven't received a ship notice or the figures. Hmmmmmm

I would imagine Thanksgiving slowed mailed.....

Heroic Warrior
    For those of us still waiting, here are two video reviews. They both arrive at the same conclusion, i.e. it's great to have these figures for the nostalgia factor, but the technical execution is a bit meh in parts. Still, overall impression is very positive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv6Z7OQU3O0&t=0s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEKrBA-b-mg&t=227s

I like how He-man looks all oiled up, like he's going to a bodybuilding competition. That should be an accessory, some spray tan and a bottle of baby oil

Next time I'll order from BBTS.
    I'm also in the camp who ordered from Super7, no shipping confirmation yet.
    I saw various YouTube reviews of the figures. I wonder why they used hard plastic on the harness and weapons, it seems so unpractical.

Quote Originally Posted by 0RK0 View Post
    Next time I'll order from BBTS.
    I'm also in the camp who ordered from Super7, no shipping confirmation yet.
    I saw various YouTube reviews of the figures. I wonder why they used hard plastic on the harness and weapons, it seems so unpractical.
    It may have been that the plastic used for the weapons and bodies are the same and they chose to go with just that one type instead of using multiple types as a way of saving on production... dunno .

Heroic Warrior
    I wonder who is to blame here tho - either S7 does a very poor job at QCing these figures before they go into production (stuck leg joints, brittle, shiny and overlay hard plastics are obvious things that don't even need any play testing or w/e) or the factory delivered something that is different from what was originally QC't.

Court Magician
    Still don't have mine. Two weeks and they don't know how to answer my email. I could throw things.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevb33 View Post
    Still don't have mine. Two weeks and they don't know how to answer my email. I could throw things.
    Oh trust and believe, I e-mailed them too and haven't heard a thing in about two weeks. I'll just do what I always do and wait for it to magically appear on my doorstep. If nothing by the end of December I'll open up a dispute with Paypal, it's that simple, if they don't want to, or can't get their customer service together.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    I like how He-man looks all oiled up, like he's going to a bodybuilding competition. That should be an accessory, some spray tan and a bottle of baby oil

For those that feel He-man went a tad crazy with that baby oil, I would say pick up some Vallejo matt varnish. Small amount via dry brush, and it knocks down the shiny factor a tad. Dries dry. works like a charm. very little goes a long way.

DSCN0075.jpg
    Last edited by He-NERD; November 27, 2018 at 04:32am.

Widget
    As a UK based customer I'm starting to loose patience with Super7 to be honest.
    At this stage, I'm uncertain if I will still collect going forward, even though I want their products!

Brian, if you read this, we are starting to really question your business acumen here.
    You have obviously worked really hard building a fabulous brand, with great marketing tools (the video updates are just spot on), but man you need to sort out your customer service and quality control because people are fed up and eventually will stop buying from you despite the fact they want the products!

I've been collecting all MOTU ReAction figures (including variants through Ebay $$!) since day one. As I'm based in the UK I have to pay additional import fees and pricy p&p. I've been collecting toys and records for years so I'm used to it, when you really want something you just live with it. Now we are fortunate enough to have a UK dealer so it makes things a little easier for us.

However when you spent so much on pricy items, plus additional fees, you are right to expect a good quality product and the most basic customer service. Super 7 fail to deliver on both.
    Unfortunately, you can clearly spot some quality control failure in some of the ReAction figures I have (a leg shorter than the other, rough paint job to name a few).
    I was really excited when I heard about the vintage line. Excited to share with my boy the same toys I grew up with. Now months after pre ordering wave 1 and wave 2 still nothing, no update, seriously wondering if this will be under the tree for Christmas, anxious about the quality of the product judging by some reviews, and will most likely have to pick it up from the UK post office with an additional import fee.

Brian, please bring your customer service and quality control game up to speed with the marketing and creative side of your business. Please focus on fulfilling existing orders as opposed to add more pre orders. Thanks!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-NERD View Post
    For those that feel He-man went a tad crazy with that baby oil, I would say pick up some Vallejo matt varnish. Small amount via dry brush, and it knocks down the shiny factor a tad. Dries dry. works like a charm. very little goes a long way.

DSCN0075.jpg
    Oh, that looks significantly better! Do you have a more exact name for that varnish? Amazon has several, which look to be different things or for different applications.