Page 44 of 55 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1365

Thread: Super7 MOTU Vintage 5.5" Wave One - He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Hordak

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodac666 View Post
    These look great but I wonder why they only made a new head for Skelly and not the others. Hordak is a straight repaint, Shera uses Teelas headsculpt(?) and for Heman they just changed the hair it seems. My custom Hordak:
    http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/s...dak%20ebay.jpg
    The sculpts are 100% new.

They just tried to make them look like vintage MOTU figures using Filmation designs rather than a proper Filmation designs as a new 5.5 line.

But there isn’t any mold reuse here as near as I can tell.

Heroic Warrior
    I think it's not about 1-to-1 translations from the filmation cartoon to toys. Actually, Club Grayskill so far has done a great job with that. For this line (5.5) the goal, imho, was to infuse the classic vintage toy line with a bit of a filmation vibe. The two (filmation vs toys) always felt very disconnected since the cartoon characters shared very little resemblance with the toys. So in that sense, I think they (mostly) succeeded. He-Man looks a bit goofy, although adding the varnish to knock down the shine, makes a positive difference. I would imagine that the same could be true for She-Ra, since her face is also very shiny which to me obscures some of the sculpting details.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasastard View Post
    Oh, that looks significantly better! Do you have a more exact name for that varnish? Amazon has several, which look to be different things or for different applications.
    it's this one:

https://www.amazon.com/d/Hobby-Paint...+matte+varnish

I would think any matte varnish would work, but use this brand myself..
    Digging the Origins line!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasastard View Post
    I think it's not about 1-to-1 translations from the filmation cartoon to toys. Actually, Club Grayskill so far has done a great job with that. For this line (5.5) the goal, imho, was to infuse the classic vintage toy line with a bit of a filmation vibe. The two (filmation vs toys) always felt very disconnected since the cartoon characters shared very little resemblance with the toys. So in that sense, I think they (mostly) succeeded. He-Man looks a bit goofy, although adding the varnish to knock down the shine, makes a positive difference. I would imagine that the same could be true for She-Ra, since her face is also very shiny which to me obscures some of the sculpting details.
    It’s interesting to see Funko take the opposite approach: infusing Filmation-ish character models with 5.5 proportions. It stands out on Zorn which appears to be using the base buck for their line.

I bet Savage World has been a mixed blessing for Super7. I bet cheap 5.5s refueled enough depleted collections to drive up demand for MOTU Vintage but now MOTU vintage looks like the one that doesn’t fit on a shelf full of Funko 5.5’s.

Funko is not doing any better with QC, in fact they are worse, by my own experience and numerous poor Amazon reviews.

My Funko 5.5 experience with Primal Age and Savage World. All ordered via Amazon:

Batman: legs will not stay on despite heating them, shield broke the first time clipping on arm
    Joker: same problems as Batman
    Freeze: Shield broke, arms won't stay on
    WW: lips painted on upside down, shield broke
    Ace: saddle strap broken before I opened it
    Joker beast: the only one with no problems
    Batcave: did not open and sent back with the rest of these crap figures

I also cancelled my pre-orders for GL, King Shark, Aquaman, and Scarecrow. Sent back my Thundercats too. Panthto's legs snapped off, Slythe's tail snapped off, Lion-o and Mumm-ra had both right legs break.
    I was so excited for Primal Age and Savage World, but these figures are junk. Funko, Amazon, and WB should be ashamed. I won't be making anymore purchases from Funko. I keep seeing posts about Funko doing better QC on the next waves and production runs. If that's the case, they need to recall these and stop selling them until they get their act together.

FYI look up the terrible Amazon reviews. these issues are widespread
    Last edited by MOTUmaster; November 27, 2018 at 01:17pm.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTUmaster View Post
    Funko is not doing any better with QC, in fact they are worse, by my own experience and numerous poor Amazon reviews.

My Funko 5.5 experience with Primal Age and Savage World. All ordered via Amazon:

Batman: legs will not stay on despite heating them, shield broke the first time clipping on arm

I also cancelled my pre-orders for GL, King Shark, Aquaman, and Scarecrow. Sent back my Thundercats too. Panthto's legs snapped off, Slythe's tail snapped off, Lion-o and Mumm-ra had both right legs break.
    I was so excited for Primal Age and Savage World, but these figures are junk. Funko, Amazon, and WB should be ashamed. I won't be making anymore purchases from Funko. I keep seeing posts about Funko doing better QC on the next waves and production runs. If that's the case, they need to recall these and stop selling them until they get their act together.

Primal Age, Reorders of Thundercats,and series two are suppose to have improved QC. Also, primal age is getting a mass market release at Target in January.

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar

I've been eyeballing that Batcave and wanting to repaint it as a Hordak lair. Maybe I'd better hold off until QC improves.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Salamandra View Post
    I've been eyeballing that Batcave and wanting to repaint it as a Hordak lair. Maybe I'd better hold off until QC improves.
    I doubt the Batcave will get a second run.

Anyway... I wasn’t so much talking about quality control as I was sculpt aesthetic.

Super7 went for “What if 80s MOTU figures cosplayed as Filmation characters?” (Skeletor possibly as the exception.)

Funko went for “What if you took a Filmation style person and super-deformed them into a 5.5 Remco figure’s shape?”

Like I say, S7 could have recycled the 3D head work from their Filmation Classics figures with an extra plug added to the neck sculpt and the 7” figure harnesses, possibly with very slight length adjustment. They could have softened the details and gone toon matte with the plastic.

But they seem to have instead gone for: “What if 1983 He-Man was a real guy and he decided to get a haircut and costume to look like the cartoon?”

Addendum: She-Ra is “What if action figure Teela dressed up as She-Ra?” You can spot some big differences if you compare it to 80s Toothbrush She-Ra which was made in the 80s as a 5.5 style She-Ra. It wasn’t trying as hard to look like an 80s MOTU figure aside from scale and articulation wise.

- - - Updated - - -

File under “curiosity”:

Do the vintage series figures have the ability to wear vintage armor/accessories like the Jet Sled, the Stilt Stalker, Dragon Blaster armor, etc?

I’m thinking the Jet Sled and Stilt Stalker may make strong display choices since they don’t require leg bending and haven’t skyrocketed to insane prices yet.

I’m getting He-Man and Skeletor on Battle Cat and Panthor no matter the effort with the legs but I’d probably add Robot He-Man to my BBTS Pre-Order or consider a second He-Man/Skeletor set if I can do the “Armor/Accessory Swap” since loose armor isn’t super-pricey.

I just think Robot He-Man would look cool on the Stilt Stalker with the blue armor.

Had it in my head awhile to maybe customize Vintage He-Man and Skeletor as Thunder Punch and Dragon Blaster versions. (The T-Punch harness would need to be donated by a Classics figure.)

Heroic Warrior
    There's no QC issues with the Batcave. And in general the QC on the Funko Savage World stuff is vastly superior to Super7's MOTU.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
    There's no QC issues with the Batcave. And in general the QC on the Funko Savage World stuff is vastly superior to Super7's MOTU.
    Not so sure about that.

I got both Scorpion and Sub Zero, both are now in a spare parts bin with broken legs

The Primal Age figures are definitely much cheaper than the other Funko offerings...

The Mortal Kombat figures are incredibly sturdy. I can manhandle the MK figs with no worry, and the Horror figures are also much better with quality.

The ThunderCats are hit and miss.. all of my TC figures are in great shape, and have sturdy joints. I have not yet received Panthro though... BBTS has him on pre-order still because they are waiting for the second run due to his widespread leg issues...

Funko is well aware of the problems, and they are going to reissue everything that has come out post Horror figures.

I really adore this line, and I want it to continue with many new licenses... also: CONAN!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

in the latest Supercast, Bryan said that the single MOTU retros would start shipping on November 12 and continue throughout the next 2 weeks, which would be November 26. I still have not received a shipping notice nor a USPS informed delivery alert. Have they been delayed? Is everyone else in the same boat?

I'm not even excited for the figures anymore due to the fact they didn't fix the leg problems. I just want what I paid for.

Heroic Warrior
    in the latest Supercast, Bryan said that the single MOTU retros would start shipping on November 12 and continue throughout the next 2 weeks, which would be November 26. I still have not received a shipping notice nor a USPS informed delivery alert. Have they been delayed? Is everyone else in the same boat?

I'm not even excited for the figures anymore due to the fact they didn't fix the leg problems. I just want what I paid for.
    Didn’t fux the leg problems? They just don’t mive like they should, right? They aren’t falling off without force being applied, right?

If they’re fixing one problem and introducing another, that’s at least progress.

I just realized there is a She-Ra variant.
    The one in the 2 Pack with Hordak has a half painted top and the one on single card has now a full painted top all around.
    Glad they improved that ��☺

Has anyone received their order from super seven yet Or only big bad toy store?

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNSC7 View Post
    Has anyone received their order from super seven yet Or only big bad toy store?
    NOTHING AT ALL from Super7. Nada. Zero. Zilch.

Mine have been in transit with FedEx ground for over a week now with a scheduled delivery of 11/30. You would think that for $20 you would get Priority shipping via USPS and get them within 2-3 days, but no, they're going the slowest shipping possible for twice as much. Don't like Super7 shipping via FedEx Ground, they're extremely slow. Ughhh.......

Widget
    Its good to know at least I'm not the only one to preorder these figures in July and have not received them or have any type of shipping notice. Where are my figures Super 7????????????????

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I am in the same boat. Let me guess..........you paid for your preorder using PayPal?

Quote Originally Posted by thadsilverfox View Post
    Its good to know at least I'm not the only one to preorder these figures in July and have not received them or have any type of shipping notice. Where are my figures Super 7????????????????

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I am in the same boat. Let me guess..........you paid for your preorder using PayPal?
    I paid with my Mastercard. I should have gone through Paypal though. Paypal lets you file a claim if you have not received the items or if they are damaged/defective up to 6 months from date of purchase. My credit card will only do this for 2 months from date of purchase. It makes me nervous paying up front for items that are not shipped until months later, especially when Customer Service is non-existent. We may be SOL. Even if I had used Paypal, we are coming up on the 6 month mark.

that's why I ordered through BBTS for Wave 2. You don't have to pay until they are in stock. I will also cancel my Wave 2 through them if my Wave 1 figures have bad QC. I work hard for my money, and I'm tired of paying Premium Collector prices and not getting premium product. I could better spend the money on vintage toys that still hold up after all these years.

It's funny I recently bought a vintage Bravestarr. His package was rough, so I opened him. He looks brand new, and he worked just like he should have -- even after 30 years. His action feature worked. no stuck joints, no breakage. Looks like modern companies could figure it out today if they could do it so well 30 years ago.

I just got a notice that I'm scheduled for a delivery by UPS tomorrow form "The Fulfillment Center" , but that's all it says.... I hope it's my figures

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    NOTHING AT ALL from Super7. Nada. Zero. Zilch.
    Me neither. :/ Also from Super7.

Court Magician
    I got this below today, after another rep finally contacted me a few days ago and said it would be 8-10 days before they would go out, now this one says 3 WEEKS. I ordered in July.
    They would have to improve a lot just to get to the level of SUCKING!

I looked into your place in our shipment queue and it looks like order #XXXXX will be shipped out in about 3 weeks.

If you have any further questions or need assistance with anything else please let me know.

Rudy
    Super 7 Customer Care Manager

I JUST NOW got a message from Super7 stating that my preorder figures have shipped. FINALLY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    I JUST NOW got a message from Super7 stating that my preorder figures have shipped. FINALLY!!!
    I'm still waiting, but I don't understand if a lot of people are still waiting like me or I'm one of the last lucky customer...
    Follow me and my creations on Facebook:
    search Orsogranito GraniteBear !

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by orsogranito View Post
    I'm still waiting, but I don't understand if a lot of people are still waiting like me or I'm one of the last lucky customer...
    I’m still waiting as well.