Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1365

Thread: Super7 MOTU Vintage 5.5" Wave One - He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Hordak

Quote Originally Posted by orsogranito View Post
    I'm still waiting, but I don't understand if a lot of people are still waiting like me or I'm one of the last lucky customer...
    I know there are quite a few still waiting so you are not alone.

Haven't heard anything about mine.

s1.jpgs2.jpgs3.jpgs4.jpgs5.jpgs6.jpgs7.jpgs8.jpg
    Got my first shipment from BBTS, sadly Super7 shipment is still on its way. Upon opening the He-Man and Skeletor packaging I was underwhelmed with the quality of the finished product on many levels. First, my He-Man had to be opened simply because it was not collectors worthy, the strap was popped out of the back harness covering some of his face, also there was yellow (hair) paint on his face as if he just ate a hotdog with lots of mustard on it. I have removed the paint stain since then. Skeletor had to be opened because one side of the blister was not even attached/glued to the card, see photos. Another sad thing with the He-Man figure is his armor/strap. Forget about putting his sword in the back, the strap pops open because it cannot hold the chunky in my opinion sword. Also the back straps have 6 unnecessary ridges, you can’t move higher than the first ridge/notch whatever you may call it. The legs! Oh boy, where to start? Legs have a very limited movement and I’m even scared to try to move them cause they feel so fragile. I’ve heard the stories about the ball pegs holding them and want to avoid any breakage. Also the left boot has a design/paint flaw. The front of the right boot is perfect, the left boot has a skin coming over the boot or it’s a paint application error which I happened to notice on several of these already. Whatever the cause it must be fixed for the upcoming “Robot He-Man”. The shield is not held together by anything, just breaks in half, use your own glue I guess, LOL. As far as the Skeletor figure I can say it’s a bit better than He-Man. Again the armor straps on the back are complete disaster. Can’t slide the sword behind without popping the harness. He also feels sturdier than He-Man. They look ok as a display but as a toy they’ll never match Mattel’s quality. My 80s figures of He-Man and Skeletor that are 35 years old are still holding up better than these new guys. Super7 needs to upgrade not only their quality control, but also overall design and functionality of these figures. And for gods sakes watch how you pack them into blisters, nobody needs He-Man with a strap coming on his face. Zero collectors value there.
    Last edited by DragonWalker77; November 30, 2018 at 12:53pm.

Widget
    Thank you so much for sharing everyone.
    I'm so worried about those.
    Including import fees the set will cost a fortune and judging by your comments it won't be worth the money.
    SO DISAPPOINTED.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonWalker77 View Post
    s1.jpgs2.jpgs3.jpgs4.jpgs5.jpgs6.jpgs7.jpgs8.jpg
    Got my first shipment from BBTS, sadly Super7 shipment is still on its way. Upon opening the He-Man and Skeletor packaging I was underwhelmed with the quality of the finished product on many levels. First, my He-Man had to be opened simply because it was not collectors worthy, the strap was popped out of the back harness covering some of his face, also there was yellow (hair) paint on his face as if he just ate a hotdog with lots of mustard on it. I have removed the paint stain since then. Skeletor had to be opened because one side of the blister was not even attached/glued to the card, see photos. Another sad thing with the He-Man figure is his armor/strap. Forget about putting his sword in the back, the strap pops open because it cannot hold the chunky in my opinion sword. Also the back straps have 6 unnecessary ridges, you can’t move higher than the first ridge/notch whatever you may call it. The legs! Oh boy, where to start? Legs have a very limited movement and I’m even scared to try to move them cause they feel so fragile. I’ve heard the stories about the ball pegs holding them and want to avoid any breakage. Also the left boot has a design/paint flaw. The front of the right boot is perfect, the left boot has a skin coming over the boot or it’s a paint application error which I happened to notice on several of these already. Whatever the cause it must be fixed for the upcoming “Robot He-Man”. The shield is not held together by anything, just breaks in half, use your own glue I guess, LOL. As far as the Skeletor figure I can say it’s a bit better than He-Man. Again the armor straps on the back are complete disaster. Can’t slide the sword behind without popping the harness. He also feels sturdier than He-Man. They look ok as a display but as a toy they’ll never match Mattel’s quality. My 80s figures of He-Man and Skeletor that are 35 years old are still holding up better than these new guys. Super7 needs to upgrade not only their quality control, but also overall design and functionality of these figures. And for gods sakes watch how you pack them into blisters, nobody needs He-Man with a strap coming on his face. Zero collectors value there.
    Can you or anybody similarly adventurous try posting a picture of 5.5 He-Man wearing 7 inch He-Man's harness?

I have a feeling that would fix a LOT of the issues and I think it's what Super7 should have done but I'm waiting for my 5.5 and I (gasp) don't own a Classics He-Man.

Man, I hope He-Ro and Eldor come out better. Between what I've seen with the Epic Battles sets and now these... they all look like overpriced garbage. I don't get it- I have some of the Three Terrors figures and aside from the design choice of their heads being too oversized, the quality of the figures themselves are totally fine (my set, at least).
    It's like these new 5.5" aren't even made by the same company. I can't believe folks are satisfied with that She-Ra with her legs making her lean in such a bizarre manner, or just the fact that they all look like they were dipped in Crisco, but I guess it's one of those things where you just take what you can get, I guess.

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Just got a shipping notice. Fingers crossed these don’t suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    Can you or anybody similarly adventurous try posting a picture of 5.5 He-Man wearing 7 inch He-Man's harness?

I have a feeling that would fix a LOT of the issues and I think it's what Super7 should have done but I'm waiting for my 5.5 and I (gasp) don't own a Classics He-Man.
    Here you go. PROBLEM SOLVED! The classics harness fits 5.5" perfectly and looks much better too.

he.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Man, I hope He-Ro and Eldor come out better. Between what I've seen with the Epic Battles sets and now these... they all look like overpriced garbage. I don't get it- I have some of the Three Terrors figures and aside from the design choice of their heads being too oversized, the quality of the figures themselves are totally fine (my set, at least).
    It's like these new 5.5" aren't even made by the same company. I can't believe folks are satisfied with that She-Ra with her legs making her lean in such a bizarre manner, or just the fact that they all look like they were dipped in Crisco, but I guess it's one of those things where you just take what you can get, I guess.
    Don't get me started

shera.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DragonWalker77; November 30, 2018 at 09:52pm.

Why does He-man look like he's been sniffing too much glue?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sevb33 View Post
    I got this below today, after another rep finally contacted me a few days ago and said it would be 8-10 days before they would go out, now this one says 3 WEEKS. I ordered in July.
    They would have to improve a lot just to get to the level of SUCKING!

I looked into your place in our shipment queue and it looks like order #XXXXX will be shipped out in about 3 weeks.

If you have any further questions or need assistance with anything else please let me know.

Rudy
    Super 7 Customer Care Manager
    This is unbelievable!

I ordered mine through BBTS a while ago and received them on November 17th!

I cannot believe that Super7 is having so much trouble getting products to their buyers...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    I just got my shipping notice today. My order arrives December 7th.

Been meaning to respond here about my wave 1 5.75 shipment. Hadn't had the chance till now...

I had received my package a few days ago from BBTS. Its very unfortunate to read here on the forum that people have been getting there figures like he-man with his armor strap off and covering his face and along with the legs not looking so very good too and along other issues. Someone said here that he-man has no collectors value cause of the strap... I agree whole heartily 100 percent. Things should not have to be the way they have turned out, but what can you do

Now for my package, (pictured here) i don't know if i was one of the lucky ones to not have the issue with the strap as it's in place. I believe had my he-man figure had his strap undone it would have been a no brainer to open the package being that it would not look right.

From looking at my wave 1 figures, they all look good. No issues with paint, scuffs. I wouldn't know about the legs or ball joints since i'm not going to open them. But at first sight they look to be good, that being the legs. Overall i'm happy to have gotten these figures. These filmation like "cartoon accurate" characters in my humble opinion are my alternative Club Grayskull Filmation figures. Reason being is this is how more or less i would have loved to have seen and own these figures back in the 1980's. However being a collector of the original vintage line. I in a heartbeat would collect those all over again.

Since everything looks fine with my delivery, they will remain in package. Again i feel bad for those that had been going through these issues. Collecting should always be fun. Yet with these issues the fun is taken out

20181123_204728[1].jpg.jpg

LONG LIVE MOTU

Quote Originally Posted by DragonWalker77 View Post
    Here you go. PROBLEM SOLVED! The classics harness fits 5.5" perfectly and looks much better too.

he.jpg
    Wow, that is a major improvement. It also gives him a way to store the sword on his back. Thanks for the tip guys. Looks like I'm going have to track down a 7" Filmation He-Man figure to get a cartoon style harness.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Wow, that is a major improvement. It also gives him a way to store the sword on his back. Thanks for the tip guys. Looks like I'm going have to track down a 7" Filmation He-Man figure to get a cartoon style harness.
    Somebody on Facebook said the Filmation harness (which dips lower) is a slightly worse fit than the Classics toy-based harness but that it still looks better than the harness he comes with.

Like I said, I think Super7 tried TOO HARD to be retro here.

A more matte plastic, heads adapted from Classics Filmation sculpts and a straight recycle of Classics Filmation armor would have been better received IMHO.

I feel like Super7 was going for “what Mattel might have done in 1987” when a lot of the new 5.5 offerings from competitors are other art styles super-deformed into 5.5 proportions.

(And if you go back to late releases like King Hiss and Sorceress, they had the oiled down look that these figures have unlike the 1983-ish figures. For some reason, it feels like S7 was going for late-run MOTU accuracy including all the annoying bits.)

Anyway: I want to see the Filmation Classics armor on this guy. I know the armor will probably come down over his love handles but the logo should sit high and the sheath is a huge cartoon accuracy thing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    You know, it's a great point that the Three Terrors figures are much higher quality.

Their armor and weapons are made of a softer, more pliable plastic. Their legs work perfectly. They don't break.

I would agree that these are made of A totally different material, and must've been made at a different factory. I think it's really unfortunate that they cut so many corners, because this line to be a big deal for them
    A Want List
    Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Heroic Warrior
    My buddy got a skeletor from bbts the other day. He was so excited about the card and I was like calm down these ain't gonna be worth dirt dude. Lots of bad news about the figures as well. I was like reports of legs breaking, he didn't want to open it cause of the card. But wanted to open it cause he hasn't had a skeletor in like 30 years. So he finally broke down and popped it open. Upon opening the leg fell right off. Then he was trying to take the arm off to see if it would fit on the vintage leftover he had from when he was and kid and the torso peg cracked off. Wtf? Wow. What a mess. They really need to look into and better qualified factory.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiEternia He-Man View Post
    Just got a shipping notice. Fingers crossed these don’t suck.
    They really don't. Out of my 7, the strap on one of my he-mans came loose in package; and one of the hordak's had a very minor paint rub. I did open a He-man, Skeletor and Hordak.

I think they are pretty great for the price tag. 9/10 in quality on mine

Got mine via bbts. if you pay the $2 extra for the collector quality, it'll come in individual mailers then shipped in a bigger box

Thing with BBTS, these are $20 each which is good, but for the club grayskull figs, they have an outrageous mark up

Update: did add a line. Did open 3 figs
    Last edited by He-NERD; December 3, 2018 at 09:26pm.
    Digging the Origins line!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-NERD View Post
    They really don't. Out of my 6, the strap on one of my he-mans came loose in package; and one of the hordak's had a very minor paint rub

I think they are pretty great for the price tag. 9/10 in quality on mine

Got mine via bbts. if you pay the $2 extra for the collector quality, it'll come in individual mailers then shipped in a bigger box

Thing with BBTS, these are $20 each which is good, but for the club grayskull figs, they have an outrageous mark up
    Did you open them, or you judging from a closed package. If not open then you can't speak on quality lol. In order for the arm peg on the torso to snap off when taking off the arm speaks volumes on quality. Nevermind the legs just snapping.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    You know, it's a great point that the Three Terrors figures are much higher quality.

Their armor and weapons are made of a softer, more pliable plastic. Their legs work perfectly. They don't break.

I would agree that these are made of A totally different material, and must've been made at a different factory. I think it's really unfortunate that they cut so many corners, because this line to be a big deal for them
    I completely agree with this sentiment.

A brand new line of vintage styled MOTU / POP figures with a decent price point and countless A-List characters could be a MOTU action figure Renaissance.

A lot of people are really enjoying these throwback figures from ZoloWorld, Funko and Super 7... it could really be something special.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    My buddy got a skeletor from bbts the other day. He was so excited about the card and I was like calm down these ain't gonna be worth dirt dude. Lots of bad news about the figures as well. I was like reports of legs breaking, he didn't want to open it cause of the card. But wanted to open it cause he hasn't had a skeletor in like 30 years. So he finally broke down and popped it open. Upon opening the leg fell right off. Then he was trying to take the arm off to see if it would fit on the vintage leftover he had from when he was and kid and the torso peg cracked off. Wtf? Wow. What a mess. They really need to look into and better qualified factory.
    I cracked my hordak, trying to get his arm off, torso has new shoulder pegs, they are not meant to be taken off, it's like Super7 doesn't want you customizing figures that are basicly mass produced customs themselves ��

Heroic Warrior
    Wave 1 shipping notice from S7 on Friday. should be here 12/6.

I plan to order a second set from bbts to open and integrate with my vintage collection but will wait to open anything until a 2nd set arrives so I can keep the best looking ones moc.
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Got my He-Man and Skeletor today and I have to say, it's a good thing I open my toys, because they came in packaged very sloppily. There is some pretty bad creasing on them that would make any MOC collector pretty upset.

I think they're going to have to start putting these in mailer boxes like they do with the MOTUC figures.

Also they changed the shipping from standard to 2-day international on these. It's a good thing I got home right before the delivery. I choose standard for a reason, so that I don't miss out on my mail and have to plan my day around delivery services.

Despite some of Super7's problems, this is the first experience that has left me feeling less than happy in receiving a package from them.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Lizorr, T-Rex, Great Black Wizard, rest of New Adventures, MOP Demons, Dream Mistress.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Ileena, Twiggets, Dragoon, Widgets, Dark Dream, Lady Valtira, Count Marzo, Chimera.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Widget
    With all those reports of legs and arms snapping off I'm actually not only anxious to be disappointed on the quality from an adult collector point of view but also VERY worried in gifting the second set (yes I've ordered two sets of wave 1 and two sets of wave 2!) to my son. The whole point was to share the very same experience I had growing up but I do not want him to snap off a body part and choke on it....

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Did you open them, or you judging from a closed package. If not open then you can't speak on quality lol. In order for the arm peg on the torso to snap off when taking off the arm speaks volumes on quality. Nevermind the legs just snapping.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    Fair point. They are open. I actually got 7. So, I opened a He-man, Skeletor and Hordak. She-ra stayed carded. Along with another of the three I opened. So my thoughts are based on the ones I have open and what I see with the others that are carded

On my loose ones, the waist feature works great. Maybe I got lucky, but have had no real problem at all. Again, just on my three.

And the right legs are all very stiff at the one joint, but certainly easier to pose than the classic figs, IMO. On hordak, I did have a paint smudge on his chest and needed a hairdryer to warm up his rocket arm feature, so I could put it on his arm without scrapping the paint. But, I am a customizer at heart and kinda love updating figs anyway. So I would say the figs are not flawless, but good for the price point
    Last edited by He-NERD; December 3, 2018 at 09:32pm.
    Digging the Origins line!!!!

Just realized I didn't remember to post when my Skeletor arrived (from BBTS, still no word on the one I ordered from Super 7 in July) a couple of weeks ago. The main reason I ordered one of these is because I've wanted a vintage Skeletor MOC to display around the house for decades now, and unless I suddenly gain a huge surge of book sales, this is as close as I'm ever gonna get. He looks cool in the package, though the fact that the art card they have behind him is crooked is mildly irritating. There's some overspray on his face, but nothing too bad. Certainly not any worse than paint apps I've seen on many of the vintage MOTU toys! Comparing it side by side to my lone vintage MOC figure, they really nailed the look of the vintage packaging. Color tones and everything are exactly as they should appear. It's super awesome that they even got Errol McCarthy to do new cardback art for these! I rarely keep anything in the package, but as that was my purpose for this specific figure, I'm satisfied with it.

I decided to grab a second (the one I ordered from BBTS) because I figured I might as well open one up for the Skeletor collection. With all I've seen of how these figures basically self-destruct as soon as they're removed from packaging, I think I'll forget about that and just trade or sell the extra. (Assuming Super 7 ever bothers to actually ship it to me, that is. First time I've ordered from them, and this experience is doing nothing to make me want to do so again.) After all, I've got a bunch of vintage Skeletors already, and it's not like a vaguely Filmation-esque version is an improvement on any of them!

For everyone who has had these horrible QC problems, I hope Super 7 steps up and takes care of you the way they ought to. This is a line with a lot of potential, and they need to stand behind it and make this right.