Page 46 of 54 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1331

Thread: Super7 MOTU Vintage 5.5" Wave One - He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Hordak

Ok, if you all are opening figs and encounter a fig with a tight or stuck joint, do not just apply pressure. Try using a hairdryer on a low setting and see if it loosens it up enough to then apply pressure. Gently
    Happy Holidays, everyone!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    With all I've seen of how these figures basically self-destruct as soon as they're removed from packaging, I think I'll forget about that and just trade or sell the extra. .
    I have to admit, I don't get where this notion is coming from. I have seen a few video reviews now and read a bunch of comments from users on Facebook. The leg snapping issue reported here was the only case of a serious problem that I have heard about in this release (The Epic Battlepacks are another story of course). The vast majority of people I heard from seem quite happy with these figures. They are probably not suitable for being played with by kids, and yes - you can't pull off the arms like you could with the vintage line - but overall, from the point of view of an adult collector, this stuff seems like a non-issue (to me).

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I had my order in the Pile of Loot on BBTS, I've just cancelled it. I'll spend the funds on another Mythic Legions figure.

I just don't want broken or badly constructed figures just because they're MOTU. S7 need to sort themselves out a bit if they want to hold onto the fanbase IMO.

The reviews of these figures which I have seen on YT aren't great tbh.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I had my order in the Pile of Loot on BBTS, I've just cancelled it. I'll spend the funds on another Mythic Legions figure.

I just don't want broken or badly constructed figures just because they're MOTU. S7 need to sort themselves out a bit if they want to hold onto the fanbase IMO.

The reviews of these figures which I have seen on YT aren't great tbh.
    That's my dilemma. I love MOTU and I was soo excited for the new vintage filmation style figures. I still want them (still waiting for my shipping confirmation from Super7), I just whish Super7's quality was a little bit better. There is just so much wrong, which at the end is kind hard to defend or to be excited about. I'm grateful Super7 gives us an opportunity to collect MOTU stuff but if the quality isn't there, I'd rather have Mattel releasing MOTU stuff again but I know this is just whishful thinking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by He-NERD View Post
    Ok, if you all are opening figs and encounter a fig with a tight or stuck joint, do not just apply pressure. Try using a hairdryer on a low setting and see if it loosens it up enough to then apply pressure. Gently
    Thanks for the advice. But I feel this shouldn't be a solution from begin with. According to some review videos, some legs barely move and arms break off if you try to take off an arm like on the vintage figures. I suppose it's due to the hard plastic, same goes for the assesoirs, which seem to break way too easily just by applying them on the figures (he-man's shield).
    The figures look awesome if the paintjob is done well but their functionality outside the package seem to be nonexistent.
    PlayStation 4 owner? Join our Masters of the Universe community with 3k members.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-NERD View Post
    Fair point. They are open. I actually got 7. So, I opened a He-man, Skeletor and Hordak. She-ra stayed carded. Along with another of the three I opened. So my thoughts are based on the ones I have open and what I see with the others that are carded

On my loose ones, the waist feature works great. Maybe I got lucky, but have had no real problem at all. Again, just on my three.

And the right legs are all very stiff at the one joint, but certainly easier to pose than the classic figs, IMO. On hordak, I did have a paint smudge on his chest and needed a hairdryer to warm up his rocket arm feature, so I could put it on his arm without scrapping the paint. But, I am a customizer at heart and kinda love updating figs anyway. So I would say the figs are not flawless, but good for the price point
    I actually heard great things about the waist working.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Just realized I didn't remember to post when my Skeletor arrived (from BBTS, still no word on the one I ordered from Super 7 in July) a couple of weeks ago. The main reason I ordered one of these is because I've wanted a vintage Skeletor MOC to display around the house for decades now, and unless I suddenly gain a huge surge of book sales, this is as close as I'm ever gonna get. He looks cool in the package, though the fact that the art card they have behind him is crooked is mildly irritating. There's some overspray on his face, but nothing too bad. Certainly not any worse than paint apps I've seen on many of the vintage MOTU toys! Comparing it side by side to my lone vintage MOC figure, they really nailed the look of the vintage packaging. Color tones and everything are exactly as they should appear. It's super awesome that they even got Errol McCarthy to do new cardback art for these! I rarely keep anything in the package, but as that was my purpose for this specific figure, I'm satisfied with it.

I decided to grab a second (the one I ordered from BBTS) because I figured I might as well open one up for the Skeletor collection. With all I've seen of how these figures basically self-destruct as soon as they're removed from packaging, I think I'll forget about that and just trade or sell the extra. (Assuming Super 7 ever bothers to actually ship it to me, that is. First time I've ordered from them, and this experience is doing nothing to make me want to do so again.) After all, I've got a bunch of vintage Skeletors already, and it's not like a vaguely Filmation-esque version is an improvement on any of them!

For everyone who has had these horrible QC problems, I hope Super 7 steps up and takes care of you the way they ought to. This is a line with a lot of potential, and they need to stand behind it and make this right.
    Still waiting on a reply from March on my teela fig from them. So, you can forget about them taking care of people lol.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Re-send the email; I had to do that once, and they eventually responded.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasastard View Post
    I have to admit, I don't get where this notion is coming from. I have seen a few video reviews now and read a bunch of comments from users on Facebook. The leg snapping issue reported here was the only case of a serious problem that I have heard about in this release (The Epic Battlepacks are another story of course). The vast majority of people I heard from seem quite happy with these figures. They are probably not suitable for being played with by kids, and yes - you can't pull off the arms like you could with the vintage line - but overall, from the point of view of an adult collector, this stuff seems like a non-issue (to me).
    It's coming from the photos and comments I've seen. We can only speculate about what the failure rate is for these figures unless Super 7 releases that information-- and they won't, no toy company does that-- and based on what I've seen from people who have these figures on here and various social media, it looks to be a pretty even split between figures that have so far held up fine, and figures with breakage issues. That may not be an accurate picture of the situation, but it's all I have to go on. In the absence of any official numbers, anecdotal evidence is all we have to judge the situation, and what I've seen doesn't exactly make me swell with confidence about the durability of these figures.

Heroic Warrior
    It's coming from the photos and comments I've seen. We can only speculate about what the failure rate is for these figures unless Super 7 releases that information-- and they won't, no toy company does that-- and based on what I've seen from people who have these figures on here and various social media, it looks to be a pretty even split between figures that have so far held up fine, and figures with breakage issues. That may not be an accurate picture of the situation, but it's all I have to go on. In the absence of any official numbers, anecdotal evidence is all we have to judge the situation, and what I've seen doesn't exactly make me swell with confidence about the durability of these figures.
    I havenít seen one picture of a broken figure from the single carded release. I read one account of a leg falling off. Iíve seen tons of comments about stiff right legs, glossy plastic, stray paint specks, He-Manís harness coming undone in and out of package and fitting poorly, He-Manís face looking goofy, and She-Ra being a chore to stand up. Thatís about 80% design choices.

Iím not sure where online youíre seeing these break. And I think it is important to be precise on this stuff because Iím concerned that S7 may have to choose between another brand new leg design when Wave 3 goes to the factory or a different direction for heads and harnesses but with probably fewer than a half dozen people working on these, S7 will have to choose just 2-3 complaints to address. So itís kind of important not to let rumors and rare anecdotes drive this.

all I can say is of the 3 i opened, not one of them feels fragile to the point where a limb is about to snap

Someone above pointed out you should not have to use a hairdryer to heat the joint up first - and I agree. But, it's better than forcing the leg and it then snapping. I am assuming the broken limbs are from collectors forcing the joint to bend right out of package? I dunno

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Just opened my figures. First impression is they all looked awesome in the packaging. No complaints for me. Second impression is "dang they aren't messing around with the glue for the blister." Pretty good adhesion, and I think that's an understatement, which I think bodes well for MOC collectors.

The "bad" would be as follows:

He-man

He-man's left leg wouldn't make use of the hinge out of the box. Personally don't care and won't force it as it's not necessary to stand.
    Went ahead and used my heat gun (carefully) to put the shield on as those tabs aren't to be trusted. Close, very close, but use some heat.
    The shield is indeed meant to be pressure fit and not glued, not an issue. Mine never fully separated, and a quick snap fixed the area that did.
    The right side harness strap is indeed precariously fitted and not really held by the "tooth." I easily fixed that by simply undoing the other side where there were two teeth gripping and made that side one tooth, while making the problem side a two tooth grip. Easy and rock solid for me.

Skeletor

Skeletor's right leg wouldn't make use of the hinge out of the box. Again, I personally don't care and won't force it as it's not necessary to stand.
    There's a tooth paint line in black that is a little longer than the others and that is nitpicking (for me personally) and I wasn't even going to mention it.

She-Ra

Neither leg would make use of the hinge and I'm fine with that. I believe I achieved a pretty straight up stance with her. No getting around that leg but I think I got close to the stance they were after. Sort of an "in motion" pose.
    As all small footed female vintage figures, I don't trust her standing without surrounding support so I pushed her up against Battlecat.

Hordak

Neither leg would make use of the hinge and I'm fine with that. Broken record here but it doesn't affect standing.
    Arm cannon is a cool accessory and will need to be heated to safely (in my opinion) be attached. I didn't go that far at this time because I like the bow so much.

Now for the good.

Everything else!

Opening these things was awesome. Just the feeling. It was unexpected as I didn't feel near that when opening the Terrors. Anyway...

In all honesty the plastic is different, and we can't rip arms off and the like as we did 30 years ago (or yesterday if you're around my house, ha ha), but that said the batch I received are fantastic when all is said and done.

There were posters saying all kinds of things from the plastic used for the harness being way too stiff and everything else being so cheap that I was terrified of getting these. Those posters aren't necessarily wrong but these are far from the disaster that post after post after post (even from people who do not have them in hand) makes them out to be. I get caught up in it, too. I understand. This stuff means a LOT to me. More than I realized as I was opening these things with my son a few minutes ago.

Home run with bases loaded? No. Super7 DESPERATELY needs to address the issues with plastic. The PowerCon exclusives felt amazing in my opinion so they should start there.

Not a home run, but we still eeked out a win.

Edited to add: The power sword halves snapped together PERFECTLY.

Last edited by AntiEternia He-Man; December 4, 2018 at 07:04pm.

Got my figures today. I was going to keep them on-card, as I already have the 2 pack versions loose. I bought the single releases to keep carded specifically for the awesome cardbacks; however, all 4 figures had both top corners bent, which severely creased the artwork on the back. This did not happen in shipping. the box they arrived in was in perfect shape. These were damaged prior to the person boxing them for shipping. this is unacceptable for Collector figures. SIGH and FACEPALM

Oh well. Guess I'm sticking them under the tree to open on Christmas Morning.

From what I can tell, paint apps look good on all 4.

SUPER 7, GET YOUR $#%& TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I got doubles of all 4, and I have to say I absolutely love them! The only issue I had was with the hinge joint on Skeletors leg, but honestly it doesn't bother me because the swivel works fin and the hinge doesn't add much anyway. They stand up great and are solid. I love them.

If I nitpick, the plastic could stand too be a little less glossy. But that doesn't even bother me, it would just match the vintage figs a bit better.

She-Ra was the surprise of the wave for me, as she looks great in person and makes a great addition to the vintage female figures.

Last two posters... did yours come from Super 7? Still waiting here.

Got mine today. Opened them to go with Savage world Thundercats. Gotta say not worth 100 bucks very disappointed. The shiny plastic on She-ra and he-nan is very poor. They look and feel cheap. Gonna pass on future Super 7 offerings completely until they use better paint apps and or plastic. Im sure there will be many of you who disagree. But for my money I think I'm officially done ����.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Heroic Warrior
    I bought a set but only opened He-Man so far. I had no QC issues on mine apart from the shield coming apart easily. The joints move fine. I gotta get around to opening the other 3.

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNSC7 View Post
    Mine came from Super 7. They were shipped last Thursday via fed ex

Heroic Warrior
    I'm a retailer, so I got mine out of our wholesale order from Super 7.

Thank you.

Court Magician
    They told me a few days ago it will be 2 or 3 weeks until mine ship, even though they told me a lot less than that a few weeks ago. I preordered in July.

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    I got mine yesterday and am very disappointed on how they were packaged and shipped. Hordak's card was bent into the seal at the top of the box. In fact, all cards were either creased or warped. As a MOC collector, this really is a poor way to ship. They look like the 80's figures look today MOC and these are brand new.
    PS4 contact: Petruk1976
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...edback-Thread!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post
    I got mine yesterday and am very disappointed on how they were packaged and shipped. Hordak's card was bent into the seal at the top of the box. In fact, all cards were either creased or warped. As a MOC collector, this really is a poor way to ship. They look like the 80's figures look today MOC and these are brand new.
    Iím a MOC collector as well and this is my worry as well. For Wave 2 I ordered from BBTS using collectors grade. I wish I used them for Wave 1. The price would have been the same too Mine shipped on Nov 26 and as of this morning, they are only in Chicago- still prolly a week away to East Coast. Just crazy

While I've not had a problem with damaged items via Super 7, sorry to hear some are.....bummer......

I finally got my shipping confirmation from Super7 yesterday. Tracking # with FedEx.
    Finger crossed they'll arrive in a collectors condition.
    PlayStation 4 owner? Join our Masters of the Universe community with 3k members.

Widget
    I finally received my figures straight from S7 today. No packing materials used. All 4 cards damaged.
    Attached Images Attached Images