Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1343

Thread: Super7 MOTU Vintage 5.5" Wave One - He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Hordak

Quote Originally Posted by jshannon247 View Post
    I finally received my figures straight from S7 today. No packing materials used. All 4 cards damaged.
    Sorry to hear that. How is it that shipping from Super7 is more expensive than from BBTS and yet BBTS ships their stuff more safely and collectors friendly?
    The excuse that Super7 is a small company doesn't hold up in this case because shipping is already at a higher price. They know who their customers are and should pack the items accordingly to the shipping costs. It seems they used the cheapest way to ship the figures but charge for premium shipping.
    My figures are being shipped to Europe, let's hope for the best :/
    PlayStation 4 owner? Join our Masters of the Universe community with 3k members.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by 0RK0 View Post
    Sorry to hear that. How is it that shipping from Super7 is more expensive than from BBTS and yet BBTS ships their stuff more safely and collectors friendly?
    The excuse that Super7 is a small company doesn't hold up in this case because shipping is already at a higher price. They know who their customers are and should pack the items accordingly to the shipping costs. It seems they used the cheapest way to ship the figures but charge for premium shipping.
    My figures are being shipped to Europe, let's hope for the best :/
    It takes BBTS less effort/labor to do shipping because they’re organized for it and have manpower dedicated to it. But, really, if you said S7 should just forward its inventory to BBTS, Fye, ThinkGeek/GameStop, Hot Topic, EE, and Diamond and not do direct ordering, you’d get zero disagreement from me. Maybe S7 could run a little eBay store for leftover/irregular stock.

It looks like people received carefully wrapped packages and others not so much. According to tracking, my Skeletor will get here on the 7th (originally the 10th). I ordered She-Ra a couple months after Skeletor so that'll come when it comes.

I did pick up Hordak at FYE today. He's definitely a cool figure and I like him a lot. For those interested in some details:
    - figure has about same heft as original Hordak.
    - there are some paint touch-ups on his head, and some rub wear on one of his shoulders (totally fixable for me).
    - crossbow looks like a second-generation mold (proportions are there, simplified details, in no way a bad thing though), but feels pretty close to same material as original and red is kinda close to original bat accessory.
    - legs rotate really well but the swivel joints (what are those called?) are kinda stuck. I'll hit those with a hair dryer later, but he stands really well as is.
    - I imagine they scanned these and digitally reworked a few things (I can see small differences between old and new figures in the muscles and the belt, which looks more symmetrical on new figure). I think some of the tweaks look a lot better on the new figure, but there are some areas where the muscle definition is a bit more simplified or some detail was lost or taken out in the process.
    - gloss on the glossy parts of the figure aren't as glossy as original figure. Not a complaint! Just an observation. I may spray some gloss over the matte areas though, if I can manage it carefully, but I want to think on that for a bit and see how he looks next to Skeletor first.
    - arm attachment is same as Pixel Dan's (if you saw his review). Doesn't quite cover whole hand. Not a horrible thing. Just a thing. Ah! And a tiny bit of paint rubbed off of his wrist band fastening it on. I did read that other guy's comment regarding this but thought hey, I'm sure I got the one figure this isn't going to happen to. Fixable for me, but some of you might want to heat the weapon up first.
    - waist-twist action is awesome. I'm glad it was included.
    - not even gonna try to remove armor or arms. I feel compelled to based on experience with original figures (until I broke Spikor).
    - overall paint application is pretty much on par with my original Hordak.

Anyway, he's a cool figure. I'm going to shine him up a bit and make him cooler.

Quick recap of the positive:
    - looks and feels cool, twist-action is great, cardback is awesome.

and of the negative:
    - matte paint is more prone to damage than rest, leg swivel joints are stuck.

Also, I tried to carefully take the FYE price sticker off the cardback really slowly (it was covering Hordak in the art on the back) and at the tail end two piece of the illustration lifted up. Thanks, Super7!!!!
    Seriously though, these cardbacks are nice. Even with the criticisms, this is a really cool toy. I'm going to pre-order some of the next wave through bbts when I get a chance.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post
    I got mine yesterday and am very disappointed on how they were packaged and shipped. Hordak's card was bent into the seal at the top of the box. In fact, all cards were either creased or warped. As a MOC collector, this really is a poor way to ship. They look like the 80's figures look today MOC and these are brand new.
    I had a few cases come in like that where one of the figures was full on folded into the top of the box flaps. There's also a lot that are creased across the back parallel to where the bubble attaches on the front, which is a result of how the factory attached the bubbles.

These issues, and the others we've seen across the Super 7 offerings, tend to be a result of the factory not having high enough standards. I realize price is a huge factor for smaller companies, but is it really worth sacrificing quality so drastically? I personally would rather pay an extra 2 bucks a figure for stellar quality. I recognize they are already expensive, and there's the argument that we should have higher quality anyway, but just personally I would rather pay the extra couple bucks to have the products made in a higher end facility.

Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    There's also a lot that are creased across the back parallel to where the bubble attaches on the front, which is a result of how the factory attached the bubbles.
    This.

I ordered two sets, and while my male figures all seemed to fare well (with the exception of a tiny crease on the corner of one of my He-Man cards), both of my She-Ra cards are creased along the bubble.... it creates a line that runs across the entire back of the card...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Court Magician
    I pre-ordered in July, I still have nothing. Emails I just get different answers for when they will arrive.

Just got mine today and QC just plain sucks. My He-Man has a frozen leg. My Skeletor's leg snapped off and I barely tried to bend it. What's worse is that my Skeletor came with two full swords instead of one full and one half sword. I already ordered their second wave figures but I think after that I am out. Super 7 just isn't a good company for making quality toys.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by AntiEternia He-Man View Post
    Just opened my figures. First impression is they all looked awesome in the packaging. No complaints for me. Second impression is "dang they aren't messing around with the glue for the blister." Pretty good adhesion, and I think that's an understatement, which I think bodes well for MOC collectors.

The "bad" would be as follows:

He-man

He-man's left leg wouldn't make use of the hinge out of the box. Personally don't care and won't force it as it's not necessary to stand.
    Went ahead and used my heat gun (carefully) to put the shield on as those tabs aren't to be trusted. Close, very close, but use some heat.
    The shield is indeed meant to be pressure fit and not glued, not an issue. Mine never fully separated, and a quick snap fixed the area that did.
    The right side harness strap is indeed precariously fitted and not really held by the "tooth." I easily fixed that by simply undoing the other side where there were two teeth gripping and made that side one tooth, while making the problem side a two tooth grip. Easy and rock solid for me.

Skeletor

Skeletor's right leg wouldn't make use of the hinge out of the box. Again, I personally don't care and won't force it as it's not necessary to stand.
    There's a tooth paint line in black that is a little longer than the others and that is nitpicking (for me personally) and I wasn't even going to mention it.

She-Ra

Neither leg would make use of the hinge and I'm fine with that. I believe I achieved a pretty straight up stance with her. No getting around that leg but I think I got close to the stance they were after. Sort of an "in motion" pose.
    As all small footed female vintage figures, I don't trust her standing without surrounding support so I pushed her up against Battlecat.

Hordak

Neither leg would make use of the hinge and I'm fine with that. Broken record here but it doesn't affect standing.
    Arm cannon is a cool accessory and will need to be heated to safely (in my opinion) be attached. I didn't go that far at this time because I like the bow so much.

Now for the good.

Everything else!

Opening these things was awesome. Just the feeling. It was unexpected as I didn't feel near that when opening the Terrors. Anyway...

In all honesty the plastic is different, and we can't rip arms off and the like as we did 30 years ago (or yesterday if you're around my house, ha ha), but that said the batch I received are fantastic when all is said and done.

There were posters saying all kinds of things from the plastic used for the harness being way too stiff and everything else being so cheap that I was terrified of getting these. Those posters aren't necessarily wrong but these are far from the disaster that post after post after post (even from people who do not have them in hand) makes them out to be. I get caught up in it, too. I understand. This stuff means a LOT to me. More than I realized as I was opening these things with my son a few minutes ago.

Home run with bases loaded? No. Super7 DESPERATELY needs to address the issues with plastic. The PowerCon exclusives felt amazing in my opinion so they should start there.

Not a home run, but we still eeked out a win.

Edited to add: The power sword halves snapped together PERFECTLY.

https://i.imgur.com/AB9VO5O.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/r5KwEUU.jpg?1
    I don't need these in hand to already know they are trash lol. It's super 7 bro, ain't no secret. . The quality of plastic and paint they choose to use due to cost sucks. Plain and simple. Or their factory literally just sucks and makes cheap dollar store products. In which also may be the case due to cost and profit.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-NERD View Post
    Re-send the email; I had to do that once, and they eventually responded.
    Bro I sent I don't know how many, we conversed. Then I wouldn't be pushy and let few weeks go by then my email started getting automatic respinses. At first I thought it was real, til a few weeks again and sent another email and got the same response. I was like man that's weird. The guy said the same exact thing few weeks ago then it hit me. I gave up on them. Ended up costing me 90 all together for a teela. I just went through bbts. Pretty upsetting. I still got teela ready to be mailed back on my couch lol. March bro.. then also the email login debacle happened and I had to make a new login and all my history was wiped clean. I had almost a 1000 if not a 1000 dollars worth of product purchased from them since 2015.

Last edited by unclassified; December 6, 2018 at 09:12am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    then also the email login debacle happened and I had to make a new login and all my history was wiped clean. I had almost a 1000 if not a 1000 dollars worth of product purchased from them since 2015.

you know what, my account has been erased as well. Says invalid login credentials. Not sure why.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd love to comment on the overall quality of these, but my package has gone to limbo. It shipped over a week ago, supposedly to arrive yesterday. But it made it to somewhere outside of Chicago days ago, where it's been sitting ever since. As of today, there is no longer an expected delivery date.

It's nostalgic, actually - it's nice knowing that the tradition of every single MOTU release having some kind of issue or hang-up continues.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    I'd love to comment on the overall quality of these, but my package has gone to limbo. It shipped over a week ago, supposedly to arrive yesterday. But it made it to somewhere outside of Chicago days ago, where it's been sitting ever since. As of today, there is no longer an expected delivery date.

It's nostalgic, actually - it's nice knowing that the tradition of every single MOTU release having some kind of issue or hang-up continues.
    No mail yesterday

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by cappinfro View Post
    you know what, my account has been erased as well. Says invalid login credentials. Not sure why.
    I'm not even sure what happened. I remember someone here saud to make a new one. I was reluctant but did. Then I lost all my history. I figured they did this so they didn't have to replace figures haha.

Widget
    Received mine today.

Pretty disappointing indeed.

I have raised a dispute via PayPal and I would strongly recommend everyone to do so if you are not satisfied with the quality or resolution. A partial refund is the least S7 could do.

First impression, if you are a MOC collector, don't even bother!

Ordered 2 heman, 2 Skeletor, 1 Hordak back in July.

+
    No extra hidden international fees this time (UK based).
    Great memories!

-
    Not satisfied with the overall quality (see details below) however sending the figures back will cost pretty much as much as keeping them. I'm not satisfied but would be ok with a partial refund due to:

All back cards have some kind of discolouration at the back:
    IMG_6974.jpg

Mini comics are wonky and do not fit properly:
    IMG_6970.jpg

Card creased all the way across:
    IMG_6972.jpg

Card creased in pretty much all corners:
    IMG_6971.jpg
    IMG_6975.JPG

Paint job far from precise:
    IMG_6973.jpg

Opening 1 heman & 1 skeletor with my son on Saturday, not expecting much if I'm honest.

If S7 claim to be a company for collectors, they need to really step up their game.
    I have ordered wave 2, will go ahead and gamble one last time as beastman is my favourite figure.
    However I'm kinda done with them I think unless they really get their **** together to improve quality and basic customer service.
    Last edited by Finn; December 6, 2018 at 01:02pm.

Heroic Warrior
    No mail yesterday

Yes, I'm aware of that. It's been sitting in the same place in Illinois since Monday.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

ReAction Master
    My Skeletor literally just got here, so I haven’t opened him yet, but, as long as his leg doesn’t fall off, I’m really happy with what Super7 is doing. You can’t beat the feeling of holding a brand-new vintage figure in your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Flaherty View Post
    My Skeletor literally just got here, so I haven’t opened him yet, but, as long as his leg doesn’t fall off, I’m really happy with what Super7 is doing. You can’t beat the feeling of holding a brand-new vintage figure in your hands.
    We all love and want that feeling but if Super7 choose to use the cheapest of the cheapest materials, well, see the impressions in this thread. People are rightfully disappointed.
    All I can think of is, Please Mattel, take back what's yours.
    PlayStation 4 owner? Join our Masters of the Universe community with 3k members.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not 100% sold on how S7 is handling this but it really does feel like they're faced with higher expectations from super-collectors than Mattel was faced with in the 80s and that may create a split in terms of the demo for this line.

Either they aim for more accurate paint than vintage, pristine packaging. These blister cards were designed to be disposable items, easily ripped open, little thought paid to scuffing or damage when they were designed in the 80s.

Or they aim for more of the "rip 'em open and play with 'em" school.

Those two goals aren't REALLY compatible. They're already too pricey for the latter, maybe coasting on the iconic brand awareness. If they're aimed at the same market segment as Savage World, they should probably focus on fixing and maybe simplifying leg tooling, more forgiving plastic at the potential expense of sculpt clarity, probably ditching the springloaded gimmick, and focusing on a sub $15 price point and basic, rugged quality. And in that case, maybe they should be making the packaging out of CHEAPER material. And IMHO should look at revising armor to reuse Classics tooling because slavishly vintage armor doesn't play well.

On the other hand, if these are collector items -- and I'm of mixed opinion about that as I feel like MOTUC is oriented that way, collectors don't NEED another line, and the brand needs cheap product with exposure for kids -- then they need to up the quality in different ways. Higher quality packaging stock. Maybe do mailers or a box showcasing a blister like the Commemoratve MOTU. Maybe sculpt the freakin' armor on so it doesn't mess up MOC displays and maybe remove leg articulation since it really doesn't matter on card and is only an area where things could go wrong.

But this is either a premium collector's line or something that aspires to all the quirks of a cheap retail toyline. I don't think it's well suited to being BOTH even with a big brand behind it and I don't think S7 can realistically make it both.

Either this is in a category somewhere around TMNT, kid-oriented Batman Knight Missions style stuff, and maybe as far "premium" as Savage World... Or it's a wall installation collector display replica. I don't think Mattel could straddle the fence between these two approaches very well and I don't think Super7 has the resources to at all.

There's a saying in business: if there's no trade-off, you don't have a strategy; strategy is trade-offs. They need to decide what this line IS NOT and lean away from that or I doubt they can marshal the resources to improve what this line IS.

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    I got mine today and opened them. Overall, I like them. My cards weren't as bad as some of the ones shown, but they did have some flaws and were okay.

I liked the nostalgia factor of getting to open some MOTU in December, just like back in the 80s. My paint apps were very good. I don't care for the matte paint in spots, though. I have no idea what to make of the new leg joints. They feel fragile, and I don't think that a toy like this should be fragile. It should be able to withstand some posing and some movement. My figures cannot sit on the Grayskull throne and feel frozen. I have a feeling that if I packed these away in a box for any reason, I'd have to take extra special care to make sure they weren't broken. I'd feel like I'd have to wrap them first. With my old MOTUs, I could just chuck 'em in a Rubbermaid box and they were fine. So...I really wish S7 would go back to the elastic band legs. These really are not an improvement.

My sculpting complaints center around She-Ra. My She-Ra doesn't have a right thumb, and getting her to hold the sword is a bit difficult. Her left hand has no tooling on the bottom and looks like a flat mitten. Her forehead is also super pushed in, making her look like a chipmunk in profile. The back of my She-Ra head has some gouges and dents in it, like the mold was busted or it didn't come out of it well. Again, I do not understand the use of matte paint on hair. She has shiny skin and matte hair, which makes no sense. The gold paint is good and reminds me very much of vintage Teela. I would have liked for her cape to be larger than a dishtowel, but overall, I am glad to add her to my collection.

He-Man and Skeletor have curiously tiny feet. They look very disproportionate. I'm not sure if that was a mold problem or what, but they are TINY.

Overall, for this line, I am still in. But I would like for them to be more careful about tooling and the molds and ditch this weird leg joint thing they have going on. I feel like S7 needs to do a tutorial on how to move the legs without breaking them. Maybe there's just not something I'm seeing or understanding.

I want these toys to be as durable as the old ones. No more matte paint. Let's toughen these warriors up, please Super7!
    Last edited by Salamandra; December 6, 2018 at 04:59pm.

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    I don't need these in hand to already know they are trash lol. It's super 7 bro, ain't no secret. . The quality of plastic and paint they choose to use due to cost sucks. Plain and simple. Or their factory literally just sucks and makes cheap dollar store products. In which also may be the case due to cost and profit.

Then find something else to collect, bro.

I listed the issues as I saw them and then gave my overall impressions of the set I received. It’s fine to disagree.

Ughh according to Fed Ex Delivery Manager my figures were supposed to be here by 8 pm yesterday. Now it's telling me the status is "Scheduled delivery: Pending"
    IN TRANSIT
    BERKELEY, IL

WTF?

Heroic Warrior
    I was one of the lucky ones to pick up the epic battles two packs so I already knew not to get the single carded ones very hard plastic and very low quality bummer Think it’s funny people have to buy extras to increase chances of getting a good one we shouldn’t have to do that .Go buy some Mythic Legions if you want good quality and awesome figures !

Heroic Warrior
    I had opened he-man and opened the other 3 today maybe im lucky but Ive had no QC issues with the limbs or paint besides He-Mans shield coming apart easily. All the joints were good nothing stuck. I do find He-Man a bit on the glossy side though. They do bring back the nostalgic feeling of holding a new 5.5 he-man figure again, something I havent done since 1986. Im going to track down a old Castle Greyskull and make a display with these.
    Last edited by Bjjer; December 6, 2018 at 11:49pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjjer View Post
    I had opened he-man and opened the other 3 today maybe im lucky but Ive had no QC issues with the limbs or paint besides He-Mans shield coming apart easily. All the joints were good nothing stuck. I do find He-Man a bit on the glossy side though. They do bring back the nostalgic feeling of holding a new 5.5 he-man figure again, something I havent done since 1986. Im going to track down a old Castle Greyskull and make a display with these.
    Congrats

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!