Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Super7 MOTU Vintage 5.5" Wave One - He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Hordak

I can't wait to see what stores these show up in. I hope they are in more than just online stores. I would love to see them in person at a brick and motar store!

Is not not licking toads

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbryan View Post
    I can't wait to see what stores these show up in. I hope they are in more than just online stores. I would love to see them in person at a brick and motar store!

My company will definitely have them in our brick and mortar store, and I assume current Super 7 retailers in general will as well. Comic book shops can stock them. Obviously you arwn't going to see them at walmart but specialty shops for sure. Also for those asking, they are still working on finalizing pricing but think a 19.99 price point is likely.

Quote Originally Posted by crimhead View Post
    I'm sure you're right that straight re-makes would sell very well. But would they sell as well? The question is:

1. How many people would by a re-release but would't buy a Filmation style remake?
    2. How many people would by a Filmation variant but would't buy a straight remake?
    3. Which number is bigger?
    Tough to say. I would guess the Filmation variants would probably sell more, as long as they still look familiar enough. But that and three dollars will buy you a cup of coffee

If they'd drop the stupid black bands in the legs in favor of hip joints like Flying Fists He-Man then I'll get a bunch of these. But I have no desire to own more vintage style figures that will eventually become legless amputees.
    Last edited by FAKER II; February 21, 2017 at 12:25pm.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    If they'd drop the stupid black bands in the legs in favor of hip joints like Flying Fists He-Man then I'll get a bunch of these. But I have no desire to own more vintage style figures that will eventually become legless amputees.
    What kind of bands were used in the Three Terrors figures? Was it more of a nylon material?

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    What kind of bands were used in the Three Terrors figures? Was it more of a nylon material?
    I suspect the bands in the 80s were made of organic rubber (I know the Fright Zone puppet was real latex) while the new figures are probably not. Maybe the newer bands won't deteriorate as such? I'm not worried about the legs myself because I'm happy with DIY repairs.

But speaking of the Three Terrors, does anybody know if these will be distributed to hobby stores as well? I'd almost surely buy these impulsively if I could see them on a shelf and take them home straight away. But if I have to order them online I'm going to have to think about it a lot more (and whether I'd prefer to get some 80s stuff I'm still missing).
    Super7 5.75" Want List:
    - Lord Gr'Asp
    - Fangor
    - Camo Khan
    - Vultak
    - Horde Mummy
    - Anti-Eternia He-Man
    - Strong Arm
    - Vikor
    - Sorceress + POP remakes (Filmation style)

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    I honestly don't know. I saw black bands and refused to buy them. But maybe they are nylon. But even so, that creates a different problem. The nylon may not rot the way rubber does but the fabrick will stretch over time. Consider how many vintage Prince Adams have stretched out belts.

Vintage MOTU is so strongly associated with the black bands that I wonder if Super 7 is even aware that a few vintage MOTU figures had good hip joints like Flying Fists He-Man, Terror Claws Skeletor, Snout Spout, etc. I still maintain that those hip joints would be a far better option than black bands, rubber or nylon.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I honestly don't know. I saw black bands and refused to buy them. But maybe they are nylon. But even so, that creates a different problem. The nylon may not rot the way rubber does but the fabrick will stretch over time. Consider how many vintage Prince Adams have stretched out belts.

Vintage MOTU is so strongly associated with the black bands that I wonder if Super 7 is even aware that a few vintage MOTU figures had good hip joints like Flying Fists He-Man, Terror Claws Skeletor, Snout Spout, etc. I still maintain that those hip joints would be a far better option than black bands, rubber or nylon.
    Or they could use some ball in socket type joints, where the ball fits into the leg. I believe Realm of the Underworld uses joints like that.

And Super 7, please, i want these regular Vitage figurws back.
    Fisto, Mossman, Merman, Teiklops,.Trapjaw,.Prince Adam,Buzz off, Heman, Skeletor, Ninjor, Scarglow...no please give us all back.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'm not much of a fan of the Star sisters but I'd buy those! They look cool carded
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Heroic Warrior
    This is such a great move by Super 7 - very happy

I hope that if the initial release of Hero and Eldor are on the normal card, that they do a variant figure (exclusive) on the POG card

I'm in for this whole line

Original Star Sister Sisters would be awesome - amazing to see these at Power-con

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I'm not much of a fan of the Star sisters but I'd buy those! They look cool carded
    Quote Originally Posted by Powersword123 View Post
    Original Star Sister Sisters would be awesome - amazing to see these at Power-con
    Include me with those who would like to see the Star Sisters in this line.

It would be cool if Super7 did vintage Princess of Power style figures for characters like Scorpia and Shadow Weaver too.

I don't want the Filmation figures. They don't mesh with vintage toys. Most of the vintage toys didn't look like their toon counterparts anyway. They ranged from "sort of close" to "Clawful"

I always felt so many important female were missing from the vintage line... It could be a smart move to include a few of the following characters in this re-imagined style .

Adora, Marlana, Shokoti, Green Goddess, Kodac Ungle, Teelana, Kitterina, Hawk, Dre-Elle, Veena, Enchantress, Critta, Mara, Drissi, Catra, Shadow Weaver, Scorpia, Octavia, Hunga, Granita, Melog, Razz, Angella, Glimmer, Frosta & Castaspella. All could look awesome in vintage MOTU style.

The must haves for me are:

She-Ra
    Adora
    Marlana
    Catra
    Shadow Weaver
    Scorpia
    Shokoti
    Green Goddess
    Last edited by Angel-T; February 22, 2017 at 01:08pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm keen on the She-Ra (once her knickers have been put away)
    On the 'what I'd want' front, mostly I want more Horde - Shadow Weaver, Scorpia, Vultak, Acrobad, Catra and Octavia - and more concept figures.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Now that She-Ra is coming how about a MOTU version of Bow in a MOTU vintage buck? I'd love to see that with his Filmation look.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

He-Ro and Eldor are must buys for me. I just really hope they have the POG card backs. Getting non-released 80s toys is just as good if not better than getting reissues.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

I am really excited about these! I wonder what the accessories will look like? Maybe we will get a better Filmation Power Sword!

Chris
    Is not not licking toads

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Include me with those who would like to see the Star Sisters in this line.

It would be cool if Super7 did vintage Princess of Power style figures for characters like Scorpia and Shadow Weaver too.
    They are here at Mattel ready and available for any such future!

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettSander View Post
    They are here at Mattel ready and available for any such future!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Did Eddy Mosqueda ever end up selling the vintage Eldor test shot? I seem to remember something about it being for sale.
    i dont know if he ever sold his.. but i know there was another eldor sample roaming around. i'm just excited for getting HE-RO.. with that cool staff and PLEASE provide a CLOTH cape.. not rubber crap.
    Last edited by carlo; February 23, 2017 at 11:34pm.
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by crimhead View Post
    I suspect the bands in the 80s were made of organic rubber (I know the Fright Zone puppet was real latex) while the new figures are probably not. Maybe the newer bands won't deteriorate as such? I'm not worried about the legs myself because I'm happy with DIY repairs.

But speaking of the Three Terrors, does anybody know if these will be distributed to hobby stores as well? I'd almost surely buy these impulsively if I could see them on a shelf and take them home straight away. But if I have to order them online I'm going to have to think about it a lot more (and whether I'd prefer to get some 80s stuff I'm still missing).
    The Three Terrors figures tried to mimic the original rubber band technology in the legs, but the new line will copy the Flying Fists He-Man leg joint so they hold up better. These will be sold wholesale so hobby stores can carry them. That's all straight from Brian Flynn to me at Toy Fair.

As far as those saying the filmation style doesn't fit with the vintage: Those are only the "As seen on TV" ones that have the cartoon look since those didn't exist in the vintage line. Other figures will not be in that style. It's building onto the vintage line with unmade characters and expanding it with tv versions.

Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    The Three Terrors figures tried to mimic the original rubber band technology in the legs, but the new line will copy the Flying Fists He-Man leg joint so they hold up better. These will be sold wholesale so hobby stores can carry them. That's all straight from Brian Flynn to me at Toy Fair.

As far as those saying the filmation style doesn't fit with the vintage: Those are only the "As seen on TV" ones that have the cartoon look since those didn't exist in the vintage line. Other figures will not be in that style. It's building onto the vintage line with unmade characters and expanding it with tv versions.
    Awesome sauce! I sure hope we'll see some mini comic and more prototype inspired figures in this style as well.

anyone know when HE-RO and ELDOR would come out? i didn't hear PD ask when or if the cardbacks would be POG

the rumor mill is that it would be POG cardbacks, but not shown at toyfair since He-ro's cardback has been in such tight secrecy
    Last edited by carlo; February 23, 2017 at 11:39pm.
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Are there any video reviews of the 3 terrors figures? All I see are videos of carded figures.