Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1366

Thread: Super7 MOTU Vintage 5.5" Wave One - He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Hordak

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Headhunter View Post
    What's going on with your She-Ra's eyes?!! She's got this weird uncanny valley look of being possessed with makeup running down her eyes like she's about to kill your first newborn child lol.
    Well the paint mask was clearly misaligned. The black portion is bit too low and to her left. The blue is way too low and ends up on her cheek. She looks as if she’s staring down Orko after one of his blown magic tricks that burned down down Castle Grayskull (yeah I know it’s made of stone but it’s magic) or turned Swiftwind into a giant can of dog food.

[QUOTE=whakojacko;3816294]Attachment 118803

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Jessica Drew (Spider-Woman) is back!! Crow's Avatar
    I guess I'm lucky. I got my 2 sets in direct from Super 7 without any issues. I had one set perfect to keep MOC. The set that I opened didn't have any paint errors. Like the Pixel Dan review all of the figures will not articulate well on their right legs. Not a big deal to me.

Also, I don't know what the struggle is but I can move the armor on my He-Man pretty easily. I don't have an issue with it popping open on the back and can place it upwards on his chest where it belongs.

I really like these and am looking forward to wave 2!
    Crow T. Robot
    "Mike, what the hell is this?!"

"Into the sea of waking dreams, I follow without pride"---Sarah McLachlan Possession

Widget
    Anyone else he-man plastic bubble too big and the figure slides around.
    20181221_142156.jpg

20181221_142131.jpg

Received my two sets yesterday.
    Very happy camper!

Merry Christmas Super7
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by thadsilverfox View Post
    20181221_142156.jpg

20181221_142131.jpg

No not really. That's pretty much how they were back then. I'm not seeing the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by thadsilverfox View Post
    20181221_142156.jpg

20181221_142131.jpg
    The vintage figures had a slightly different shaped bubble that was tighter and more form fitted to the outline of the standard evil/heroic bodies. I've got a complete set of the originals on card and the standard bubbles that most figures are on don't allow as much movement as these new ones.

IMG_3340.JPG
    IMG_3341.JPG
    Last edited by suckator; December 22, 2018 at 11:38pm.

Widget
    Just asking cause I noticed that the skeletor figure does not rattle around in the bubble.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jjhuehn View Post
    Attachment 118864

Yeah that’s pretty much it lol. Maybe Rudy Giuliani was manufactured at a Super 7 factory too.

Heroic Warrior
    Received my 4 all the cards were trashed. Thankfully this was the last remaining pre order from Super7. All future orders are coming from BBTS. Anyone know how long Mattel gave the license to Super7 for?

Heroic Warrior
    Mine actually came in great shape.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by suckator View Post
    The vintage figures had a slightly different shaped bubble that was tighter and more form fitted to the outline of the standard evil/heroic bodies. I've got a complete set of the originals on card and the standard bubbles that most figures are on don't allow as much movement as these new ones.

IMG_3340.JPG
    IMG_3341.JPG
    Personally I am not a big fan of the New bubble designs and I do not understand what is the goal by changing them, the Three terrors ones were perfect and vintage design.
    Mattel by the past would have used standart bubbles for a project like this one because they are standart bodies inside.
    I am a little bit affraid for the coming He-Ro and Eldor figures.

I got my figures just in time for Christmas, and am happy to report that they are are near perfect, no breakage problems with them at all. There was a small blob of white paint on Hordak's back, but that was easily removed.

I recommend heating the hip joints up before moving them, as they are quite stiff.

I also used a hairdryer to soften up the armour. Once you have done that and tightened the straps a bit it fits much better, and allows He-Man's harness to be repositioned higher on his chest for a more cartoon accurate appearance.

Heroic Warrior
    Still waiting on Super 7 to get back to my email with customer support. This is really annoying.

Heroic Warrior
    Got my replacement Skeletor from BBTS from the broken leg. Got one of the damaged packages as my replacement and had to heat the legs but Iím happy. They let me keep the broken one which is getting use as custom fodder once I get a Barbarosa customs armor and gear set and some putty to get it on a vintage body I painted up.

Side note:

Mattel lost the DC boys toys license so maybe that 5.5 He-Man/Faker/Anti-Eternia/Slime Pit stuff from SDCC and Thundercats Classics will get their attention again.

Itíd be cool with me if S7 continues Filmation and fringe concept 5.5s and 7 inch and Mattel uses those new double knee Multiverse bucks for MOTU and TCats targeted more at Marvel Legends at retail and commemorative MOTU with some new decos mixed in.

Iíd love a straight vintage commemorative MOTU from Mattel if they just maybe painted the bracers/gussied up the decos (and did demanded straight repaints) and went with nylon instead of rubber leg straps like the official Giants and the custom leg replacements on eBay get.

Just leave 200x/NA/Filmation/PoG with Super7 assuming they can boost the quality or maybe hire/cobrand with S7 and use their Filmation stuff retooled for actual vintage bodies.

Just got my figures from super seven after I had to order from BBTs so my boy could have he man and skeletor by Christmas Day. Was hoping to keep this on card since I was forced to buy two sets , but no luck, he man has his best unbuckled..., disappointing. September delivery all the way to December 27 and now this ....

Widget
    Got my shipped this week to Holland, no problem with the figures all well, no paint issues and the cards are like NEW. Happy with it!
    Only the inport-tax with FedEx is so expensive.

ReAction Master
    s7_skelly_by_jediflaherty_dcvzgm7-pre.jpg

Finally got around to opening my Skelly and, I gotta say, I’m really happy with him!

I was worried about his legs, but some piping hot water from the tap fixed that.

I was worried about his armor, but hot water fixed that too! Further, I’ll say that the more rigid plastic that Super7 chose is perfect because after you heat it up and fiddle with it till it looks how you want it, it freezes that way! On a vintage figure, you’re basically beholden to however the softer plastic they used for the armor rests naturally. My Beast Man is a perfect example with his off-center collar.

A lot of love went into these figures. Everything about them screams authenticity. To me, they’re perfect and they slot seamlessly into my vintage collection.

Super7, keep up the good work! I can’t wait for Teela! I’m excited to see what you’ve got for us in Wave 3!
    Last edited by Shaun Flaherty; January 2, 2019 at 09:31pm.

Has anyone figured out a heat/cool method to make She-Ra’s legs stand? She’s top heavy a bit
    A Want List
    Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

ReAction Master
    I didn’t want to risk starting a new thread in case I just couldn’t find one that already exists, but where can we talk about what may be in store in Wave 3?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Flaherty View Post
    I didn’t want to risk starting a new thread in case I just couldn’t find one that already exists, but where can we talk about what may be in store in Wave 3?
    My bet would be Adam, Ram Man, Evil-Lyn, and Trapjaw.

I figure Sorceress, Orko/Cringer 2 Pack, Mer-Man, and Faker?

I kinda suspect theyíll aim for an incarnation of He-Man in every wave and 2 heroes/2 villains.

They could probably squeak BA or NA He-Man and Skeletor into a 5th wave (some merch used Filmation models) or maybe a King Grayskull.

I kinda envision KG and maybe a non-gimmick King Hiss as a standalone $25 wave ala He-Ro and Eldor if that wave does well.

Im hoping for the unreleased figures for wave 3:
    Snake trooper
    White ninja (im sorry but Slamurai is such a stupid name for a ninja)
    Terroar
    Lord grasp
    Fearless photog

Heroic Warrior
    Snake trooper
    Terroar
    Lord grasp
    Fearless photog

I’ll take any of those before any more rehashes of vintage line in Filmation style. If they want to do Filmation figures how about some never before released in the vintage line characters like Queen Marlena, Icer, Batros, Scorpia or Shadow Weaver. I’ll even take characters like Bow, Adora or Glimmer redesigned in the vintage/Filmation MOTU style first. Geldor, Lodar... any of these before more characters released previously in the vintage line please. He-Ro and Eldor is a good start but I wanna more.

Super7 MOTU Vintage 5.5" Wave One - He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Hordak

Snake trooper
    Terroar
    Lord grasp
    Fearless photog

Thatís the way to go. I would also love to see King Grayskull.

If I understand how they're handling this correctly, are we safe to assume their 5.5" line -based on the waves so far- are being split in two much like Classics/Collector's Choice and Club Grayskull?
    Wave One with all Filmation into 5.5" scale, He-Ro and Eldor being their own wave as previously unproduced vintage concepts into 5.5" scale, and Wave Two again being all Filmation into 5.5"...
    I have no idea who'd they'd put out in a Wave Three of Filmation into 5.5", but for a follow-up wave to He-Ro & Eldor I'd like to see some all-new stuff that we have no idea is coming. I love the idea that the 5.5" line could continue like back in the day- where we had no idea who was who until they showed up in stores and we had to buy them, look at the card art and read the mini-comic to see what Clawful, Whiplash, etc. were all about.
    Last edited by zodak74; January 9, 2019 at 10:21am.