Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34351525354 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1328

Thread: Super7 MOTU Vintage 5.5" Wave One - He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Hordak

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    In Germany and Austria, the Super7 vintage wave 1 is now available at Gamestop stores:

https://youtu.be/F2G2laMs5r4
    Also at Gamestops in Switzerland... There was also the third wave of reaction! It is so cool to see this figures at retail!

Weird... there is also the MOTUC Stridor

the fye by my moms house has plenty of these, they are not moving in the san diego area at all.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Honestly....this MOTU She-Ra just looks ugly to me. Sad but true. Her stance, her proportions, her face, that dinky cape, the hard skirt...

....it's a real shame they didn't try to make a Filmation accurate She-Ra in the style of the Vintage POP figures, with fabric and rooted hair. That's always been the dream for me anyways.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Honestly....this MOTU She-Ra just looks ugly to me. Sad but true. Her stance, her proportions, her face, that dinky cape, the hard skirt...

....it's a real shame they didn't try to make a Filmation accurate She-Ra in the style of the Vintage POP figures, with fabric and rooted hair. That's always been the dream for me anyways.
    I finally picked a figure from this line last week and She-Ra was the first one. I agree she is ugly, however I really think if she had been included in the MOTU vintage line to match Teela and Evil-Lyn - this is what she would have looked like. I think she looks fairly authentic, in a 80s/vintage style.

I haven't opened her, after all the horror stories regarding QC in this wave, I've kept her carded, I think she looks great like that.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Heroic Warrior
    While Iíve doubled down on Funkoís 5.5s (cheaper to start with and the new Target Primal Age figures fixed the engineering issues; best 5.5s Iíve ever owned), the QC on the Super7 figures has scared me off.

Mattel has been teasing their own plans for 5.5s (Faker, Adam, He-Man, Slime Pit, Anti-Eternia) at SDCC and PowerCon last year. It looks to be a shrunken retro tool of the 12 inch giants, possibly with a nylon leg band and a peg to lock the figures standing if so. If Mattel announces those at Toy Fair next week, Iím in.

I appreciate the design of S7ís (not a fan of He-Man or She-Raís head sculpts) but they didnít improve QC enough in their second release. Funko meanwhile fixed Primal Ageís issues in their second release (just 3 months later) and they wound up being more sturdy and satisfying to me than actual vintage figures. It helped for me that Funkoís figures were closer to $10 than $20 and was enough to convince me to hunt down and repurchase the whole first wave.

Am I reading correctly? That wave 1 will be re-issued. With better hip joints?

Also,now that Brandon has left Mattel,my hopes for motu there are about zero now,so super7 really needs the QC to be way better.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    Am I reading correctly? That wave 1 will be re-issued. With better hip joints?

Also,now that Brandon has left Mattel,my hopes for motu there are about zero now,so super7 really needs the QC to be way better.
    Wave 1 WAS the improvement from the 2 packs.

Iím gonna cross my fingers Funko gets the 87 movie license. They seem to have addressed QC issues now and about 90% of their 5.5s are WB properties. I believe the 87 movie merch rights are at WB. And WB hasnít shown a willingness to affordably license to Mattel or Super7 so maybe Funko will pony up. (For ref: Zorn? NOT WB. Thundercats, DC, Arnold Conan, Mortal Kombat, and about half of the Funko 5.5 Horror figures were WB. Zorn and 2 or 3 of the Horror figs have been the only non-WB 5.5s from Funko. So upwards of 40 WB figures and 4 non-WB.)

Court Magician
    Hello - I live in Canada and was wondering is anyone beside me still waiting for these figures? I preordered when they first were available and I'm still waiting anyone else?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by hordak88 View Post
    Hello - I live in Canada and was wondering is anyone beside me still waiting for these figures? I preordered when they first were available and I'm still waiting anyone else?
    Did you order them directly from Super 7? If so, you probably should’ve received them months ago. These first went up for preorder on June 20, 2018. You ordered them somewhere around then?

I’d like to know if everyone that preordered these at the very beginning received their’s yet too.
    Last edited by whakojacko; February 22, 2019 at 12:17pm.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by hordak88 View Post
    I live in US and while I received my original order months ago, they came trashed. I am still waiting for my replacements. First they said they were waiting for a new batch to come in, but now I donít know what the hold up is. According to CS, all should have shipped out by now. Itís such a mess. This is #1 concern in dropping $600+ on SM. It could come smashed in a 100 pieces and they would make you make you wait months for a resolution

Quote Originally Posted by He-NERD View Post
    For those that feel He-man went a tad crazy with that baby oil, I would say pick up some Vallejo matt varnish. Small amount via dry brush, and it knocks down the shiny factor a tad. Dries dry. works like a charm. very little goes a long way.

Attachment 118530
    Hey, thanks for the tip on this. I tried this on mine, it made a noticeable difference. Without the bright light and flash photography, the modified He-Man looks about as shiny as my vintage figures.

Original:

Modified:

Gave He-man and Skeletor to my son for Easter and I was trying to move Skeletor's leg gently into a sitting pose to ride the dragon walker and his left leg broke off. IMAG0944.jpgIMAG0945.jpg
    Contacted super7 and they are out of replacements and did not even offer a full refund.

Needless to say I cancelled all my 5.5 orders from bbts.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipster View Post
    Gave He-man and Skeletor to my son for Easter and I was trying to move Skeletor's leg gently into a sitting pose to ride the dragon walker and his left leg broke off. IMAG0944.jpgIMAG0945.jpg
    Contacted super7 and they are out of replacements and did not even offer a full refund.

Lol. I just kept mine in package. I know better.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Lol. I just kept mine in package. I know better.

I just started to bust mine open and I love them. Not even touching the legs though. Don't even look at them.

Yeah, the wave 1 figures are like that. You can kind of tell when you try to move the legs too much that it's risky. Wave 2 has better leg joints

Heroic Warrior
    Lol. ........

Court Magician
    Glad I'm a moc collector. I did po from Bbts collectors grade for all of them.

Same exact thing happened to me. Opened them up after a few months and they all pretty much fell apart. And I wasn't even trying to pose them, fell apart opening the packages. And yes, CS gave me NOTHING, no swap, no refund, no store credit, not even an apology. I also cancelled all my pre-orders but no one seems to care at all. I'm currently doing the "Mattel take the license back" dance. Super 7 can't handle it and doesn't deserve it. I'm so sick of collectors justifying garbage product because "there's no where else to get it". It's time to get these toy companies to put out decent product for our cash. I'd rather not have it than pay up front months in advance for junk.

Quote Originally Posted by jzguitars View Post
    Same exact thing happened to me. Opened them up after a few months and they all pretty much fell apart. And I wasn't even trying to pose them, fell apart opening the packages. And yes, CS gave me NOTHING, no swap, no refund, no store credit, not even an apology. I also cancelled all my pre-orders but no one seems to care at all. I'm currently doing the "Mattel take the license back" dance. Super 7 can't handle it and doesn't deserve it. I'm so sick of collectors justifying garbage product because "there's no where else to get it". It's time to get these toy companies to put out decent product for our cash. I'd rather not have it than pay up front months in advance for junk.
    They pretty much just fell apart?

I've purchased and opened over 20 of He-Man, Skeletor and He-Ro and multiples of the others and none have done this. I bought some from s7 directly and the some from bbts. Several of Skeletor and Hordaks legs were tight but once moved back and forth a bit they loosened up. She-Ra won't stand to save her life!

Were you doing anything else to the figures? Not that they should fall apart from you messing with them but they aren't intended to be played with from my understanding. More of a collector nostalgic thing? -shrug-
    I Didn't Slap You! I High-Fived You In The Face!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jzguitars View Post
    I'm so sick of collectors justifying garbage product because "there's no where else to get it".
    Amen. It’s not just Super 7 either. Some much larger companies have churned out crap and expect all the collectors to gobble it up as well. Personally I haven’t been burned too badly by Super 7, we’ve had our issues though. I will give them credit when they do something right but I will also call them out when they put out junk. Depending on what they put out there determines whether or not I continue as a customer. Wave One started off weak but I feel they made great improvements with Wave Two so we’re headed in the right direction.

Maybe these aren’t meant to be played with but I would think that the same technology to create these 35 years ago should be a lot simpler to do or replicate today. I was disappointed with the design of the leg joints on the Three Terrors but I honestly think I would prefer it to the current design. Were there any reports of breakage issues with those figures when they came out? They seem like they could stand up to a reasonable amount of play.

I just opened Eldor and He-Ro and I am very suprised by the quality of them, they are pretty good, largely better than the first releases (He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Hordak Filmation's) I don't own the last waves so I can't compare.
    Eldor is 100% playable with a very good plastic used, He-Ro is pretty fine also, I think everyones can confirm the same thing.

I have no idea how Super7 got this result, probably they used a different factory, they have just to use the same place to produce the next ones and all will be great.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He Man View Post

I've purchased and opened over 20 of He-Man, Skeletor and He-Ro and multiples of the others and none have done this. I bought some from s7 directly and the some from bbts. Several of Skeletor and Hordaks legs were tight but once moved back and forth a bit they loosened up. She-Ra won't stand to save her life!

Were you doing anything else to the figures? Not that they should fall apart from you messing with them but they aren't intended to be played with from my understanding. More of a collector nostalgic thing? -shrug-
    I had the same issue.

I think Flynn is 100% right that itís probably like a 7% defect rate and you only hear from the complainers.

The problem is that Super7 only has resources to fight for a 7% defect rate and not the resources to reject more factory samples or replace/refund.

93% of the time, Super7 is probably just fine.

And Mattelís factory probably has the same defect rate (although I trust Mattelís material engineers more). But Mattel can afford to eat more factory rejects by virtue of scale. Make 100k, tell the factory to pitch the worst 10k. That 7% defect rate shoots down to a fraction of a percent.

Quote Originally Posted by whakojacko View Post
    Amen. It’s not just Super 7 either. Some much larger companies have churned out crap and expect all the collectors to gobble it up as well. Personally I haven’t been burned too badly by Super 7, we’ve had our issues though. I will give them credit when they do something right but I will also call them out when they put out junk. Depending on what they put out there determines whether or not I continue as a customer. Wave One started off weak but I feel they made great improvements with Wave Two so we’re headed in the right direction.

Maybe these aren’t meant to be played with but I would think that the same technology to create these 35 years ago should be a lot simpler to do or replicate today. I was disappointed with the design of the leg joints on the Three Terrors but I honestly think I would prefer it to the current design. Were there any reports of breakage issues with those figures when they came out? They seem like they could stand up to a reasonable amount of play.
    The Three Terrors is why I ordered Wave 1 to begin with. To me they look and feel like the vintage figures. Granted the rubber band they use in the legs is thin, but none of those that I have had issues standing or legs falling off. Wave 1 of this line doesn't look or feel anything like the vintage figures to me. And that's not talking about the quality issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by He Man View Post

I wish I got the chance to 'mess' with them. I'm telling you, I opened Skeletor and his right leg was totally loose and just fell off. She-Ra's legs are so screwed up she won't stand no matter what I do. He-Man's legs are too loose to stand and the shield fell apart just trying to put it in his hand. So yeah, I get these are for nostalgia and not for playing, but should't they be, at the very least, able to stand? And hold the accessories for display? If that's 'messing' with them then yes, I messed with them and they broke exactly 32 seconds out of the package. But it's all good, Super 7 will just never see another penny of mine. I guess I'm just part of that unlucky 7%, with all four of the figures I got.

Court Magician
    People actually play with these? I always thought it was a collectors item to open if one wants, then to pose and left alone. They should be able to survive that right? I hear some won't stand up but that's definitely issue for a new product for those who wants to open up the packages. They should at least stand up. Or maybe s7 could release some of those action figure stand for these figures. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    I just opened Eldor and He-Ro and I am very suprised by the quality of them, they are pretty good, largely better than the first releases (He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Hordak Filmation's) I don't own the last waves so I can't compare.
    Eldor is 100% playable with a very good plastic used, He-Ro is pretty fine also, I think everyones can confirm the same thing.

I have no idea how Super7 got this result, probably they used a different factory, they have just to use the same place to produce the next ones and all will be great.
    The quality of He-Ro and Eldor is outstanding, much superior to Wave 1 and even the rest of Wave 2. It looks like the extra $5 did make a difference.