Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1352

Thread: Super7 MOTU Vintage 5.5" Wave One - He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra, Hordak

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by capitrueno View Post
    The quality of He-Ro and Eldor is outstanding, much superior to Wave 1 and even the rest of Wave 2. It looks like the extra $5 did make a difference.
    Possible that He-Roís vac metal forced them to use a different factory. And they had to for both since they had the same release target.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    Possible that He-Roís vac metal forced them to use a different factory. And they had to for both since they had the same release target.
    Is this a fact? Perhaps they can just switch factories for all thier stuff lol.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Is this a fact? Perhaps they can just switch factories for all thier stuff lol.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    Not necessarily a FACT but Brian went from saying Vac metal was impossible to saying he'd talked to people and found a way. Suggests to me it's a different factory.

Can someone confirm if the Japanese box versions of He-Man and Skeletor are EXACTLY the same as the wave 1 single card release? I was curious if by some chance the Japanese box versions were more solid at the hip joint, less fragile than single card wave 1.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Finally photographed mine:

PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Cool...love those pics, as well as those on the other wave thread.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Don't know if this was asked (or showed) before but does the neo vintage Skeletor (or the other neos) fit into the vintage Roton?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit View Post
    Don't know if this was asked (or showed) before but does the neo vintage Skeletor (or the other neos) fit into the vintage Roton?
    I could be wrong on this but I would told they do not fit in certain vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit View Post
    There's a big chance it will.
    But we need more expert here to confirm.

Cool, thanks for the answers! Let's hope he fits in it! I actually don't have any of the neo vintages so i'm not able to check this out But i want to buy a neo Skeli for my son and his vintage Roton.

- - - Updated - - -

Any "Does-Neo-Skeletor-fits-in-the-Roton?"-experts on board?

Heroic Warrior
    I broke my initial neo-Vintage Skeletor trying to get him on Panthor.

There’s significant risk with any wave one figures trying to manipulate the legs too much.

Later waves have less risk but are not exceptionally poseable.

Origins figures work perfectly with vintage vehicles and can pilot Classics vehicles quite well but they use ball joints and a more rubbery plastic that allows for even better range of movement than vintage.

At present, I think the best Filmation option is going to be putting Classics heads and armor/accessories on Origins bodies. The heads work best with some heat.

I currently have Super7 Filmation He-Man’s head and armor on the Origins body. The belt is no less accurate. The origins bracers are more detailed but are symmetrical like Filmation.

A customizer might try using WWE MOTU Ultimate Warrior’s arms stripped of accessories and with the cuffs repainted orange. He-Man is very tan compared to the WWE and the best match might be the upcoming Rey Mysterio or The Rock figure as He-Man’s tan practically translates to Latino skin tones. (It’s the same skin tone on Origins as it is on Classics. He-Man is just THAT tan. There are no white wrestlers that tan in Mattel’s pallet.)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    There are no white wrestlers that tan in Mattel’s pallet.
    Somewhere out there Hulk Hogan is reading this, sulking about his lack of an action figure in this line and saying to himself, “That coulda been me, brother... That coulda been me.”
    lol

Court Magician
    Really hope s7 will continue the vintage line after Mattel is done. The new Mattel line looks terrible imo and is not what vintage fans wanted. So it will be interesting to see how fast that Mattel line will end.

Quote Originally Posted by mac&cheese View Post
    Really hope s7 will continue the vintage line after Mattel is done. The new Mattel line looks terrible imo and is not what vintage fans wanted. So it will be interesting to see how fast that Mattel line will end.
    I donít think you should speak for all ďvintage fansĒ. Iím excited for them and Iíve seen a number of other people say the same. Look no further than the fact that the SDCC He-Man/Adam pack sells for no les than $130 right now when itís original price was $40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mac&cheese View Post
    I like these, the Origins figures, even less since the rest of the figures were shown. I thought Mini Comic head Prince Adam was nice but I think the rest are a tad ugly. I really don’t care if Mattel produces these for the next 12 months or the next 12 years... I mean good for them. I don’t personally need these to die and go away but I just wish Mattel would allow Super 7 to continue doing what they have been with the vintage style figures while they continue with their own line over there. Since I didn’t purchase the Adam/He-Man 2-pack I seriously can’t see myself buying any of these.
    Last edited by whakojacko; December 22, 2019 at 05:33pm.

Quote Originally Posted by whakojacko View Post
    I like these, the Origins figures, even less since the rest of the figures were shown. I thought Mini Comic head Prince Adam was nice but I think the rest are a tad ugly. I really donít care if Mattel produces these for the next 12 months or the next 12 years... I mean good for them. I donít personally need these to die and go away but I just wish Mattel would allow Super 7 to continue doing what they have been with the vintage style figures while they continue with their own line over there. Since I didnít purchase the Adam/He-Man 2-pack I seriously canít see myself buying any of these.
    But He-Man and Adam will be available separately once the line comes out.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mizterfish View Post
    But He-Man and Adam will be available separately once the line comes out.

Thanks, I did know that though. I didn’t mean I didn’t buy it because it was a 2-pack or that I couldn’t get Adam by himself. I was trying to say that Adam with the comic book head was (to me) the most appealing of all the figures shown so far so since I didn’t bother to even get him then I’m certainly unlikely to buy anyone else shown so far. I could care less about the added articulation and I don’t really care for many of the face/head sculpts even though they are based on the vintage figures. I personally think the vintage style head sculpt on the He-Man is terrible. It looks like he’s wearing a mop on his head. I’ve never really liked any of the heads on He-Man that came after the original. There has always been something off about them. I did not like the 2nd release of Faker with the solid head, the Commemorative versions of both him and He-Man, Super 7’s Filmation He-Man... the list goes on. The comic head in that 2-pack is an exception but still not enough to make me want the rest of the figures. I mean the figures are ’ok’ but definitely not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by whakojacko View Post
    Thanks, I did know that though. I didnít mean I didnít buy it because it was a 2-pack or that I couldnít get Adam by himself. I was trying to say that Adam with the comic book head was (to me) the most appealing of all the figures shown so far so since I didnít bother to even get him then Iím certainly unlikely to buy anyone else shown so far. I could care less about the added articulation and I donít really care for many of the face/head sculpts even though they are based on the vintage figures. I personally think the vintage style head sculpt on the He-Man is terrible. It looks like heís wearing a mop on his head. Iíve never really liked any of the heads on He-Man that came after the original. There has always been something off about them. I did not like the 2nd release of Faker with the solid head, the Commemorative versions of both him and He-Man, Super 7ís Filmation He-Man... the list goes on. The comic head in that 2-pack is an exception but still not enough to make me want the rest of the figures. I mean the figures are íokí but definitely not for me.
    Fair enough.

I finally picked a figure from this line last week and She-Ra was the first one. I agree she is ugly, however I really think if she had been included in the MOTU vintage line to match Teela and Evil-Lyn - this is what she would have looked like. I think she looks fairly authentic, in a 80s/vintage style.
    I agree this is how they might have sculpted her back in the day...but it's still an ugly look. Poor Adora. Ya never get a break, do ya?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    I agree this is how they might have sculpted her back in the day...but it's still an ugly look. Poor Adora. Ya never get a break, do ya?
    Why? She is decent for this vintage rendition. Also in other figure line,Adora's translation to MOTUC is awesome, so is She-Ra.

Reaction figure of her is the one I'm personally not fond of.

I'm definitely not into the ReAction line.

As for this line, I guess I just don't think the original Teela body and style is something to be emulated. The original Teela had the face of a doll and the body of a woman, and with that weird left hand that is completely useless. I don't know why they sculpted it that way and it bums me out a little bit that Super 7 continued with that sculpt.

.. and was it ever explained why they opted to give She-Ra the smallest cape imaginable? In no media ever since the 80s did her cale stop halfway down her back..

I'm definitely not into the ReAction line.

As for this line, I guess I just don't think the original Teela body and style is something to be emulated. The original Teela had the face of a doll and the body of a woman, and with that weird left hand that is completely useless. I don't know why they sculpted it that way and it bums me out a little bit that Super 7 continued with that sculpt.

.. and was it ever explained why they opted to give She-Ra the smallest cape imaginable? In no media ever since the 80s did her cale stop halfway down her back..
    It is just a reimagination of the design by Super7 I guess, the "what could have been if She-Ra indeed get the MOTU vintage look ?"approach. The design and final outcome of the figure is the result of translation of that thougt to an actual figure for She-Ra.

Last edited by motogp_fanatic; April 22, 2020 at 07:47pm.

I think people are talking past each other here. As said earlier, the Reaction line is a separate 3.75Ē line by Super7 that styles MOTU like 80ís Star Wars toys. The Super7 5.5Ē is known as the ďneo-vintage FilmationĒ or ďAs Seen on TVĒ line or combination thereof.

I'm very happy to say I finally purchased this She-Ra and I'm really surprised at how much I'm enjoying her. I think it helped that I went through months of thinking she was too ugly to pick up, and now I'm just happy to have found her at a good price. I knew what I was getting and was at peace with it

The tiara is beautiful and I really like the deep gold paint they used. I don't like her face sculpt and I wish that was more in line with the vintage POP figures. Heck, I wish her body were more in line with the vintage POP figures too, but there are good things about this figure if you take her for what she is.

Again, I really love the tiara and the chest piece is nice and the accessories are really cool. Yes, the shield should be twice the size it is, at least, but having the Filmation swords for both He-Man and She-Ra is awesome. I can't believe it took us this long to get them in this scale! But they finally exist and I'm very happy about that.

I'm very happy to say I finally purchased this She-Ra and I'm really surprised at how much I'm enjoying her. I think it helped that I went through months of thinking she was too ugly to pick up, and now I'm just happy to have found her at a good price. I knew what I was getting and was at peace with it

The tiara is beautiful and I really like the deep gold paint they used. I don't like her face sculpt and I wish that was more in line with the vintage POP figures. Heck, I wish her body were more in line with the vintage POP figures too, but there are good things about this figure if you take her for what she is.

Again, I really love the tiara and the chest piece is nice and the accessories are really cool. Yes, the shield should be twice the size it is, at least, but having the Filmation swords for both He-Man and She-Ra is awesome. I can't believe it took us this long to get them in this scale! But they finally exist and I'm very happy about that.
    She really is. I wanted those neo vintage figures and that She-Ra but I have very limited means, space and funds (sigh).. I do believe before i could, but I wasn't able too.
    Packaging is super awesome too.

Congrats.

Last edited by motogp_fanatic; May 12, 2020 at 09:34pm.