Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OUR Favourite Vintage Figure

customizer of greyskull nightwing.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alexspyforever View Post
    Do you have pictures of your POP collection? I would love to see. Enchanta the swan, awesome! In a later stage I want to collect the vehicles too. The Butterflyer looks awesome, Sea Harp as well. if MOTU vehicles looked nicer I definitely would go for those but the only ones I might get at one point is the horses, Stridor and Night Stalker. Once I received my latest catches I'll make pictures of my updated POP collection.
    I keep meaning to take some good pictures of my collection, I really should do it soon & I will let you know when I post them in the 'collection' thread.
    I would love to see pictures of your collection, that would be great!!

- - - Updated - - -

Round 3 has now ended & the results are in....

photo round 3 results.jpg

All the un-shaded figures in the image above will be going through to round 4

So this week we say goodbye to...

Fisto
    Extendar

Jitsu
    Sy-Klone
    Whiplash
    Rattlor
    Faker
    Webstor

Sorceress
    Roboto

Scareglow
    Spikor
    Two-Bad

Leech
    Ram Man
    Prince Adam
    Mekaneck

He-Man won this poll with 10 votes

Round 4 is now up & running & here are the entries...

photo round 4.jpg

to pick which 8 of these figures you would like to see go through to round 5 please click on this link...

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...Vintage-Figure

Well I didn't vote for He-Man last time and I am not going to vote for him next time. Leech and Sorceress out not happy about that. So only males left now.

Well I didn't vote for He-Man last time and I am not going to vote for him next time. Leech and Sorceress out not happy about that. So only males left now.
    Did I miss something????? Leech is a girl?????

Yea I have to admit I was pretty gutted to see the Sorceress being eliminated in the last round too. I really liked her figure when I was a kid.

It is definitely an interesting selection in round 4, It will be curious to see who goes through to round 5

8 evil warriors
    4 masters
    3 Horde Members
    1 Snake Man

Looks like the Villains are the more popular figures at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by nightwing. View Post
    Yea I have to admit I was pretty gutted to see the Sorceress being eliminated in the last round too. I really liked her figure when I was a kid.

It is definitely an interesting selection in round 4, It will be curious to see who goes through to round 5

8 evil warriors
    4 masters
    3 Horde Members
    1 Snake Man

Looks like the Villains are the more popular figures at the moment.
    Looks more like the "monsters" are more popular. He-Man, Man-at-Arms and Tri-Klops are the only humans, the rest monsters or cyborgs. Horde members and Snake Men do well given their smaller representation. That POP did bad was kinda to be expected given most voters are male not so much in favor of the POP "dolls". I vote for Horde members however still to have some POP representation. However I am surprised that Modulok and Mosquitor got that far as I had the feeling Grizzlor and Leech would be more popular.
    Next time maybe do one just females, I'm curious how MOTU girls stack up against the POP dolls

Looks more like the "monsters" are more popular. He-Man, Man-at-Arms and Tri-Klops are the only humans, the rest monsters or cyborgs. Horde members and Snake Men do well given their smaller representation. That POP did bad was kinda to be expected given most voters are male not so much in favor of the POP "dolls". I vote for Horde members however still to have some POP representation. However I am surprised that Modulok and Mosquitor got that far as I had the feeling Grizzlor and Leech would be more popular.
    Next time maybe do one just females, I'm curious how MOTU girls stack up against the POP dolls
    Yea i totally see what you mean about the monsters, i never noticed that.
    It is a shame more guys dont show much love for the POP girls. I am a guy & as a kid played with both MOTU & POP figures with my brothers. We never seen them as dolls, just more cool characters to add to our collection & be part of the many battles & stories we used to play out. I guess a lot of guys thought of them being 'dolls' due to their rooted hair & being marketed for girls, but thankfully that was never an issue for us.

I am not surprised Mosquitor has made it this far as i know he has quite a large fan base but I was surprised that Mantenna has beaten leech, Grizzlor & all 3 versions of Hordak. I never would have seen that coming.

I have been keeping record of all the votes each figure has been getting throughout the various rounds so Teela, Evil-Lyn & the Sorceress have beaten all of the POP girls. As we know, the Sorceress came out top of all the females but Teela came second & Evil-Lyn came third.

I actually did another poll on one of the POP related facebook groups a couple of months ago. In that Poll fans could vote for their favourite POP/Horde figure. Mermista won that poll, with She-Ra coming in second & Hordak third. That is why i was so surprised Mermista was eliminated in the very first poll here.

So which 8 figures did you choose to go through to round 5? If you dont want to say, thats cool.
    Last edited by nightwing.; April 3, 2017 at 05:01pm.

Yea i totally see what you mean about the monsters, i never noticed that.
    It is a shame more guys dont show much love for the POP girls. I am a guy & as a kid played with both MOTU & POP figures with my brothers. We never seen them as dolls, just more cool characters to add to our collection & be part of the many battles & stories we used to play out. I guess a lot of guys thought of them being 'dolls' due to their rooted hair & being marketed for girls, but thankfully that was never an issue for us.

I am not surprised Mosquitor has made it this far as i know he has quite a large fan base but I was surprised that Mantenna has beaten leech, Grizzlor & all 3 versions of Hordak. I never would have seen that coming.

I have been keeping record of all the votes each figure has been getting throughout the various rounds so Teela, Evil-Lyn & the Sorceress have beaten all of the POP girls. As we know, the Sorceress came out top of all the females but Teela came second & Evil-Lyn came third.

I actually did another poll on one of the POP related facebook groups a couple of months ago. In that Poll fans could vote for their favourite POP/Horde figure. Mermista won that poll, with She-Ra coming in second & Hordak third. That is why i was so surprised Mermista was eliminated in the very first poll here.

So which 8 figures did you choose to go through to round 5? If you dont want to say, thats cool.
    Well thought u were a girl, doesn't matter I'm a guy too and usually pick female avatars. I often tend to opt/root for female characters in many ways, prefer movies with female protagonists etc. I actually do like rooted hair and wouldn't mind if rooted hair versions of the MOTU gals would be fabricated (especially would love a Teela with rooted hair). Mara of Primus and Huntara would be awesome too with rooted hair IMO. If rooted hair would have been an issue for most guys than I wonder the furry Grizzlor was an issue too?

I opted the 3 Horde figures: Modulok, Mosquitor, Mantenna. The others are all evil warriors: Tri-Klops, Skeletor, Mer Man,Stinkor (we always referred to them as the silly brothers) and Beast Man. I was actually hesitating between Beast Man and Man-at-Arms for my last pick. I dunno but I guess it's Beast Man's loyalty to Skeletor that made me decide in BM's favor. I was never much a fan of Man-at-Arms. He might not be a cyborg but he feels like one, robots and cyborgs are not really my favorite figures except for Multi-Bot. My favorite heroic warriors are Teela, Sorceress, Stratos and Buzz-Off (I do like flying characters). However my absolute favorite winged character will always be Angella.
    One can wonder how well some ladies would have done if they had a MOTU version. I'm thinking especially of Scorpia and Octavia. Given how impressive Octavia is in MOTUC I would expect her to come very far. Despite her being monstrous she still has some nice female features and I think prettier than the likes of Scorpia and Evil-Lyn. Can't beat those tentacles though, she is one of my favorites in my collection.

My

Well thought u were a girl, doesn't matter I'm a guy too and usually pick female avatars. I often tend to opt/root for female characters in many ways, prefer movies with female protagonists etc. I actually do like rooted hair and wouldn't mind if rooted hair versions of the MOTU gals would be fabricated (especially would love a Teela with rooted hair). Mara of Primus and Huntara would be awesome too with rooted hair IMO. If rooted hair would have been an issue for most guys than I wonder the furry Grizzlor was an issue too?

I opted the 3 Horde figures: Modulok, Mosquitor, Mantenna. The others are all evil warriors: Tri-Klops, Skeletor, Mer Man,Stinkor (we always referred to them as the silly brothers) and Beast Man. I was actually hesitating between Beast Man and Man-at-Arms for my last pick. I dunno but I guess it's Beast Man's loyalty to Skeletor that made me decide in BM's favor. I was never much a fan of Man-at-Arms. He might not be a cyborg but he feels like one, robots and cyborgs are not really my favorite figures except for Multi-Bot. My favorite heroic warriors are Teela, Sorceress, Stratos and Buzz-Off (I do like flying characters). However my absolute favorite winged character will always be Angella.
    One can wonder how well some ladies would have done if they had a MOTU version. I'm thinking especially of Scorpia and Octavia. Given how impressive Octavia is in MOTUC I would expect her to come very far. Despite her being monstrous she still has some nice female features and I think prettier than the likes of Scorpia and Evil-Lyn. Can't beat those tentacles though, she is one of my favorites in my collection.

My
    lol no worries, I can see how you made the mistake seeing as I have a picture of my Huntara redesign as my avatar.

I dont know if you are interested but I have made some custom figures of Teela, Huntara & Octavia with rooted hair you can see them by following these links...

POP style Teela
    https://www.facebook.com/GaryAnderso...type=3&theater

POP style Huntara

Vintage style Octavia

Cool choices for the figures you voted for by the way. I hope some of them make it through to round 5 for you.

lol no worries, I can see how you made the mistake seeing as I have a picture of my Huntara redesign as my avatar.

I dont know if you are interested but I have made some custom figures of Teela, Huntara & Octavia with rooted hair you can see them by following these links...

POP style Teela

POP style Huntara

Vintage style Octavia

Cool choices for the figures you voted for by the way. I hope some of them make it through to round 5 for you.
    I was already wanting to ask if that was Huntara as your avatar, love her!
    Wow, those customized figures are just awesome! I like the MOTUC version but I love how you softened up her face by using Angella and giving her even longer hair gives her that nice feminine touch the MOTUC version is missing. Still she looks like a nice warrior/amazon. Teela's custom is totally adorable. I have the Modern series version of Teela and MOTUC's Battleground Teela. And while I can live with Teela being blonde, in both figures her face looks too rough. But darn the one you made is pretty much the Teela I dream of to have. I see you used hair from Castaspella, I have a spare Castaspella figure, as well some other POP ones. If I was handy and had the patience I would customize my own Teela like you did. I dunno if you ever do customs for other people?
    Octavia's hair is awesome too! Not only is her plastic hair ugly, they were a huge obstacle to get her tentacles pinned (rooted hair would not have caused that problem lol)!

edit: if nothing comes between it I'll try to post some pictures of my current collection tonight.
    Last edited by alexspyforever; April 4, 2017 at 06:33am.

I was already wanting to ask if that was Huntara as your avatar, love her!
    Wow, those customized figures are just awesome! I like the MOTUC version but I love how you softened up her face by using Angella and giving her even longer hair gives her that nice feminine touch the MOTUC version is missing. Still she looks like a nice warrior/amazon. Teela's custom is totally adorable. I have the Modern series version of Teela and MOTUC's Battleground Teela. And while I can live with Teela being blonde, in both figures her face looks too rough. But darn the one you made is pretty much the Teela I dream of to have. I see you used hair from Castaspella, I have a spare Castaspella figure, as well some other POP ones. If I was handy and had the patience I would customize my own Teela like you did. I dunno if you ever do customs for other people?
    Octavia's hair is awesome too! Not only is her plastic hair ugly, they were a huge obstacle to get her tentacles pinned (rooted hair would not have caused that problem lol)!

edit: if nothing comes between it I'll try to post some pictures of my current collection tonight.
    thank you so much, i am really pleased you liked them. I just sent you a Private Message regarding my custom figures facebook page.

- - - Updated - - -

Round 4 has now ended & the results are in....

photo round 4 results.jpg

As always, the un-shaded figures are the ones who made it to the next round.

So this week we will be saying goodbye to...

Man-At-Arms
    Modulok
    Clawful
    Kobra Khan

Mantenna
    Stinkor
    Moss Man

Skeletor won this round with 13 votes

3 figures came joint last place so this means there will be 9 figures going through to the next round instead of 8.

Round 5 is now up & running & here are the entries...
     photo round 5.jpg

Please follow the link below to vote for the 4 figures you would like to see go through to the Semi Final...

I went for all the evil warriors except Trap Jaw. If Mantenna had survived instead of Mosquitor I would have picked him instead of Tri-Klops.

Btw I have posted pictures of my current collection (bar Arrow who I received yesterday).
    Last edited by alexspyforever; April 8, 2017 at 12:25pm.

I went for all the evil warriors except Trap Jaw. If Mantenna had survived instead of Mosquitor I would have picked him instead of Tri-Klops.

Btw I have posted pictures of my current collection (bar Arrow who I received yesterday).
    cool choices, I went for Mosquitor, Man-E-Faces, Skeletor & Tung Lashor this time. Most of my favourites have gone in the previous polls, the only one of my personal favourites still left would be Skeletor. But still, it will be interesting to see how these remaining figures do in the remaining polls.

I just checked out the pics of your collection, they look great!

Snake Men Enthusiast QueenQuetzale's Avatar
    Mosquitor, Skeletor, and of course Tung Lashor (the only one out of these that I actually own).
    WARNING: FANGIRL AHEAD

Filmation Most Loved: Hordak, Catra, Sorceress
    NA Most Loved: Crita, Hoove
    MYP Most Loved: Skeletor, Orko, Snake Men
    MOTUC Most Wanted: MYP Skeletor, MYP Kobra Khan, Enchantress

Quote Originally Posted by QueenQuetzale View Post
    Mosquitor, Skeletor, and of course Tung Lashor (the only one out of these that I actually own).
    Thank you so much for voting QueenQuetzale. I actually voted for the same figures plus Man-E-Faces. At the moment it looks like Skeletor is the only figure from our selections who will be going through to the Semi Final next week, but who knows what will happen between now & then

- - - Updated - - -

Round 5 has now ended & the results are in...

photo round 5 results.jpg

The un-shaded figures are the ones who will be going through to the the Semi Final.

this means we will be saying goodbye to...

Beastman
    Tri-Klops

Mosquitor
    Man-E-Faces
    Tung Lashor

Skeletor was the winner of this weeks poll with 13 votes.

The Semi Final is now up & running & here are the entrants.

photo semi final.jpg

Please be sure to vote tor the 2 figures you would like to see go through to next weeks FINAL. You can do this by following the link below...

He-Man vs Skeletor and 2 of his minions. The last 4 have 3 figures from 1st wave and 1 from the second.
    I voted Skeletor and Mer-Man. I'm happy with Skeletor vs Trap Jaw too, just hope it won't be Skeletor vs He-Man that would be quite boring IMO. It's not that I dislike He-Man (he got me into the toy line as kid after all, there is so many other cool figures in all lines).

When I am happy enough with collecting the most wanted POP's, MOTU's and MOTUC's I might still go for the Snake Men and Rock People.
    I'm on a good course to have all the POP (Great Rebellion and Evil Horde) ladies in MOTUC form. Especially my latest additions of Peekablue and Mermista wow they are just gorgeous!
    Very happy about having vintage Perfuma complete too, that flower cannon love it!

Yea I think it is safe to say that Skeletor will definitely be in the final, It is now just a matter of waiting to see who he will be up against.

Sounds like your collection is coming along really well. A lot of people dont like the vintage Perfuma figure but I would agree with you, I think she is pretty cool.

Totally Dyslexic
    Yea I think it is safe to say that Skeletor will definitely be in the final, It is now just a matter of waiting to see who he will be up against.

Sounds like your collection is coming along really well. A lot of people dont like the vintage Perfuma figure but I would agree with you, I think she is pretty cool.
    Vintage Perfumas outfit is unique in Vintage POP and her door scheme is great and different. I liked her more than the FILMATION hippie look.

I never had a doubt that Skeletor would be a finalist and from the three others i would like to see Trap Jaw. He is the most unique character at the semi final after all.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Vintage Perfumas outfit is unique in Vintage POP and her door scheme is great and different. I liked her more than the FILMATION hippie look.

I never had a doubt that Skeletor would be a finalist and from the three others i would like to see Trap Jaw. He is the most unique character at the semi final after all.
    Yes I completely agree with you about the vintage Perfuma figure, her design looked so much nicer than the cartoon version.

Yea when I originally started these polls I thought there would be a very strong chance that Skeletor would be one of the figures in the final.
    It is interesting though, so many of the other figures who have been eliminated would have a lot more interesting action features than any of the ones in the Semi Final. Not counting the 'Power Punch' feature (which the majority of the figures have) Trap Jaw is really the only figure left who has unique action features which are his moving jaw & interchangeable weapons. This would lead me to believe that most people like a particular figure because of the character they represent rather than their action features. This is not a criticism by the way, the whole reason I started these polls was to find out the fans favourite figures & why

- - - Updated - - -

The Semi Final has now ended & the results are in....

photo semi final results.jpg

We have decided that Trap Jaw & Skeletor are the 2 figures worthy of the Grand final so this week we will be saying goodbye to...

He-Man & Merman

Skeletor was the winner of the Semi Final with 13 votes

The Grand final is now up & running so please follow this link where you can vote for your favourite figure...

photo final.jpg

Will it be Trap Jaw or will it be Skeletor? The choice is yours!!!

The Final poll has now ended & the results are in &.....

photo winner.jpg

photo trapjaw010_full.jpg

photo Trap Jaw.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

For those of you who participated by either voting or commenting I would like to say a huge thank you for helping make the decision. I hope you all enjoyed my Polls.

Over the past few weeks I have also been making a record of all the votes each figure received throughout the various rounds & have listed them below for anyone who is interested...

This table shows the total number of votes each figure received throughout the polls. I actually found it really interesting that even though Trap Jaw won the final round, Skeletor actually managed to receive the most number of votes throughout the whole process.

photo stats.jpg

& below I have listed images of the figures beside the number of votes they received ranking from highest at the top to lowest at the bottom.

photo 1.jpg
     photo 2.jpg
     photo 3.jpg
     photo 4.jpg

Below we can see which figures received the most votes in each of the 5 factions. the green number in the circle is the total number of votes that figure received.
     photo top factions.jpg

& here we can see the the lease favourite figures within the 5 factions
     photo least favourite factions.jpg

& this image will show you how all the figures rank within their factions. Again all the figures with the most votes appear at the top & work down to the figures with the least votes at the bottom.
     photo favourite figures in order.jpg

I have to admit I thought more people would have participated in this project as I had put a lot of time & work into it. But overall I think we have got quite an accurate result.
    So once again I would like to say a massive thank you to everyone who voted & left comments, it really did mean a lot.

& please feel free to let me know what you thought of the polls & the results.
    Last edited by nightwing.; April 29, 2017 at 09:08pm.

OK, this is some cool data. The funny thing is a Voted for TrawJaw, but I really hesitated, and almost voted for Skeletor. But I thought that would have been too cliche, but if I would have, then the final vote would have been tied. Skeletor was my first figure. (They were sold out of He-Man)

I think if I was to do it again, a may have voted for Skeletor, (But I do like He-Man better)

Trap-Jaw has more bells and whistles, so I voted for him. I had both as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    OK, this is some cool data. The funny thing is a Voted for TrawJaw, but I really hesitated, and almost voted for Skeletor. But I thought that would have been too cliche, but if I would have, then the final vote would have been tied. Skeletor was my first figure. (They were sold out of He-Man)

I think if I was to do it again, a may have voted for Skeletor, (But I do like He-Man better)
    Yea it definitely was a close final. If the result of the final had ended up being a tie between the 2 figures the final result would have came down to the total amount of votes the figures had received over the course of all the polls which would have then led to Skeletor being the overall winner. It really was such a close call.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Trap-Jaw has more bells and whistles, so I voted for him. I had both as a kid.
    Cool & congratulations on your figure choice coming first place

Thank you nightwing for organizing this game and displaying the results in this neat visual way. The results are maybe not that surprising. Had the POP figures been more like the MOTU ones and less looking like small Barbie like dolls (or in other words too fashion girl oriented) I'm sure they would have been doing better. Like I said them being considered for girls is the only reason I never had any POP's as a kid. But now as adult I love them both a lot and I do love the MOTUC versions of all female figures (even though I wish they went for rooted hair).
    Maybe that's an idea to have a female figure contest but for MOTUC's because for vintage we migt have similar results as here with Sorceress, Teela and Evil-Lyn and 1 surviving POP figure in the top 4.

Thank you nightwing for organizing this game and displaying the results in this neat visual way. The results are maybe not that surprising. Had the POP figures been more like the MOTU ones and less looking like small Barbie like dolls (or in other words too fashion girl oriented) I'm sure they would have been doing better. Like I said them being considered for girls is the only reason I never had any POP's as a kid. But now as adult I love them both a lot and I do love the MOTUC versions of all female figures (even though I wish they went for rooted hair).
    Maybe that's an idea to have a female figure contest but for MOTUC's because for vintage we migt have similar results as here with Sorceress, Teela and Evil-Lyn and 1 surviving POP figure in the top 4.
    Thank you so much alexspyforever, I am so pleased you enjoyed the polls & liked how I displayed the results.
    I really like your idea of doing the polls for the MOTUC female figures, if you ever decide to do them I would definitely vote