View Poll Results: Please select which figures you would like to go through to round 2

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hordak

10 37.04%
  • Clamp Champ

9 33.33%
  • Loo Kee

2 7.41%
  • Wun-Dar

2 7.41%
  • Grizzlor

10 37.04%
  • Stratos

10 37.04%
  • King Hisss

8 29.63%
  • Double Trouble

1 3.70%
  • Thunder Punch He-Man

9 33.33%
  • Dragstor

9 33.33%
  • Catra

5 18.52%
  • Castaspella

4 14.81%
  • Jitsu

15 55.56%
  • Starburst She-Ra

4 14.81%
  • Scareglow

16 59.26%
  • Laser Power He-Man

7 25.93%
  • Saurod

5 18.52%
  • Skeletor

19 70.37%
  • Flying Fists He-Man

5 18.52%
  • Beastman

14 51.85%
  • Tung Lashor

11 40.74%
  • Flutterina

5 18.52%
  • Tri-Klops

17 62.96%
  • Rio Blast

9 33.33%
  • Battle Armor Skeletor

16 59.26%
  • Ram Man

14 51.85%
  • Bow

2 7.41%
  • Mosquitor

14 51.85%
  • Dragon Blaster Skeletor

10 37.04%
  • Peekablue

6 22.22%
  • Netossa

4 14.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Round 1 Poll 2 Favourite Vintage Figure. pick the figures you want to go into round2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    customizer of greyskull nightwing.'s Avatar

Round 1 Poll 2 Favourite Vintage Figure. pick the figures you want to go into round2

Our search continues to find out who the fans favourite vintage figure is.

In this poll we will be selecting 21 figures to go through to round 2. Below are the entries for this poll so please vote for which figures you would like to go go through.

photo round 1 poll 2.jpg

If you would like to find out more about this & see the results of the previous polls or to join in the discussion on who your favourite figure is please follow this link http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...Vintage-Figure
    Last edited by nightwing.; February 25, 2017 at 08:20am.

Widget
    I voted for all three Skeletors - he's an old favourite and the original hook for me. But if I had to choose I think King Hiss might be my all time favourite - fantastic transformation, the last new evil boss, and possibly the last new figure I opened. And I love the Snake Men! Tung Lashor is not only a Snake Man, but has the best colour scheme going.

Jitsu is another all time favourite. I wasn't aware he existed until I saw him on the shelf, and I was overjoyed! I had previously thought Fisto's super punch was borderline unfair (in retrospect, swords and guns might be more effective). Now here was a figure who not only countered Fisto, but trumped him with a golden hand (gold > silver) and brought the coolness of martial arts to MOTU. He was an instant champion.

Thunder Punch He-Man was a favourite too. My brother and I just loved caps. Also He-Man was impossible to find (we had to use Prince Adam), so he was our first actual He-Man. Ours doesn't work anymore (not enough force from the spring-waist, needs an extra push), so I'm probably going to grab a good one from a local hobby store.

Fun polls! Looks like not much love for the POPs. . I've been voting for the She-Ras, but once Super7 gets rolling with the Filmation style MOTU size remakes, the old off scale POPs will be more or less obsoleted for me, along with their hair brushes and fashion accessories. I did vote for Loo Kee too!
    Last edited by crimhead; February 26, 2017 at 08:44pm.
    Super7 5.75" Want List:
    - Lord Gr'Asp
    - Fangor
    - Camo Khan
    - Vultak
    - Horde Mummy
    - Anti-Eternia He-Man
    - Strong Arm
    - Vikor
    - Sorceress + POP remakes (Filmation style)

Quote Originally Posted by crimhead View Post
    I voted for all three Skeletors - he's an all time favourite and the original hook for me. But if I had to choose I think King Hiss might be my all time favourite - fantastic transformation, the last new evil boss, and possibly the last new figure I opened. And I love the Snake Men! Tung Lashor is not only a Snake Man, but has the best colour scheme going.

Jitsu is another all time favourite. I wasn't aware he existed until I saw him on the shelf, and I was overjoyed! I had previously thought Fisto's super punch was borderline unfair (in retrospect, swords and guns might be more effective). Now here was a figure who not only countered Fisto, but trumped him with a golden hand (gold > silver) and brought the coolness of martial arts to MOTU. He was an instant champion.

Thunder Punch He-Man was a favourite too. My brother and I just loved caps. Also He-Man was impossible to find (we had to use Prince Adam), so he was our first actual He-Man. Ours doesn't work anymore (not enough force from the spring-waist, needs an extra push), so I'm probably going to grab a good one from a local hobby store.

Fun polls! Looks like not much love for the POPs. . I've been voting for the She-Ras, but once Super7 gets rolling with the Filmation style MOTU size remakes, the old off scale POPs will be more or less obsoleted for me, along with their hair brushes and fashion accessories. I did vote for Loo Kee too!

Yes I voted for Skeletor in this one too. He was my first ever MOTU figure when I was a kid & was the reason I got into He-Man in the first place. I actually started collecting the figures before I even watched the cartoon.

I'm glad you gave Jitsu a vote too, he is another one of my favourites & pretty much for the same reasons you mentioned. He really is such a cool figure.

Yea I am little gutted the POP figures are doing so badly. Next to Skeletor, Mermista is my other favourite figure. As I mentioned, I collected the MOTU figures when I was a kid which then lead me to watching the cartoons. Then one year i seen the Christmas special. For some reason I thought Mermista was such a great character, I guess it was the whole under water thing. I didnt even know a figure of her existed until one day I spotted her in our local toy shop. I couldnt believe my eyes, they actually made a figure of this character I loved. It was coming up to my Birthday so I asked my parents If I could have her, they answered with a very abrupt "NO". I remember being so gutted. But my Grandparents found out & the next day they went out & bought her for me as a surprise. I was so chuffed that I actually owned her as part of my collection & because of the way I got her it meant I took extra care of her. She is one of the few figures in my collection now that is the actual figure from my childhood. she has such sentimental value to me as my grandparents are no longer with us but she is one of those amazing childhood memories I will never forget.

I Imagine Skeletor will do much better in this poll than she did in the last one so at least that's something.

But thank you for voting, I am really pleased you are enjoying the polls. I was hoping a few more people would have voted in the last poll but hopefully the word will start spreading & we will see more participation in this poll & the ones to come.
    Last edited by nightwing.; February 25, 2017 at 08:13pm.

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    Cool, You got it going!!!!!!!
    Yes I thought I may as well. So have you voted yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Yeah, the PoP figures aren't getting much love, but I assume most people only vote for the ones they had as kids. The only PoP figures I had were She-Ra and Bow (although I was able to watch much more of the PoP cartoon than the MotU cartoon since He-Man was all but off network television by the time I was able to watch it growing up.)
    Yea I know what you mean. It is a real shame though, the way the polls are going all the POP figures will be gone by the end of round 1. That really wouldn't look good.

Widget
    I really like for there to be more women in MOTU, and the POP characters are wonderful for this! Sadly the toys were not executed well imo. I'm not saying they were bad toys - they are lovely! And from a marketing perpspective maybe they were executed perfectly. But they were missing most so of the things that made MOTU the best action figures ever.

MOTU figures were a solid hunk of plastic. POP were out of scale, looking and feeling skimpy or flimsy by comparison. They lacked action features almost entirely. Star Burst She-Ra had a pop up cape I guess, and Mermista had the King Hiss style skin change (gotta figure out how to re-wrap mine). They seemed to have fewer (and punier) weapons. There were no cool monsters - Catra got a figure, but Shadow Weaver and Scorpia did not. There weren't even any robots or cyborgs.
    All in all, the POP line just doesn't live up.

Maybe I'm nostalgic for MOTU. In fact there can be no doubt! But I played with tons of action figures, being the fourth kid of a mother who collected dolls! We had TMNT (originals), MASK, LJN WWF Wrestling Superstars, GI Joe, Star Wars, Super Powers, Fisher Price 3.5", Big Jim, Tall GI Joe, Mego (Marvel, DC, and Star Trek), as well as lots of misc stuff. Still MOTU were the best figures by far.

The good news is the Super7 Filmation MOTU She-Ra looks fantastic! Also, like Teela, I expect she'll have the spring action waist. I hope Super7 does most of the old POP line in this fashion. Please please please!

Last edited by crimhead; February 28, 2017 at 08:44am.
    Super7 5.75" Want List:
    - Lord Gr'Asp
    - Fangor
    - Camo Khan
    - Vultak
    - Horde Mummy
    - Anti-Eternia He-Man
    - Strong Arm
    - Vikor
    - Sorceress + POP remakes (Filmation style)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by nightwing. View Post
    Yes I voted for Skeletor in this one too. He was my first ever MOTU figure when I was a kid & was the reason I got into He-Man in the first place. I actually started collecting the figures before I even watched the cartoon.

I'm glad you gave Jitsu a vote too, he is another one of my favourites & pretty much for the same reasons you mentioned. He really is such a cool figure.

Yea I am little gutted the POP figures are doing so badly. Next to Skeletor, Mermista is my other favourite figure. As I mentioned, I collected the MOTU figures when I was a kid which then lead me to watching the cartoons. Then one year i seen the Christmas special. For some reason I thought Mermista was such a great character, I guess it was the whole under water thing. I didnt even know a figure of her existed until one day I spotted her in our local toy shop. I couldnt believe my eyes, they actually made a figure of this character I loved. It was coming up to my Birthday so I asked my parents If I could have her, they answered with a very abrupt "NO". I remember being so gutted. But my Grandparents found out & the next day they went out & bought her for me as a surprise. I was so chuffed that I actually owned her as part of my collection & because of the way I got her it meant I took extra care of her. She is one of the few figures in my collection now that is the actual figure from my childhood. she has such sentimental value to me as my grandparents are no longer with us but she is one of those amazing childhood memories I will never forget.

I Imagine Skeletor will do much better in this poll than she did in the last one so at least that's something.

But thank you for voting, I am really pleased you are enjoying the polls. I was hoping a few more people would have voted in the last poll but hopefully the word will start spreading & we will see more participation in this poll & the ones to come.
    Yeah, the PoP figures aren't getting much love, but I assume most people only vote for the ones they had as kids. The only PoP figures I had were She-Ra and Bow (although I was able to watch much more of the PoP cartoon than the MotU cartoon since He-Man was all but off network television by the time I was able to watch it growing up.)