Thread: Battle Armor He-Man Re-Imagined

Battle Armor He-Man Re-Imagined (and other character ideas)

I've been working on this for the better part of a month now. This is a re-imagined look for Battle Armor He-Man, using a scan of an image from an old coloring book, cut and reformed and with lines drawn in for the arm and leg armor. It's supposed to be a He-Man version of the Man-At-Arms/Royal Guard armor. Next, I'll be trying my hand at Battle Armor Battle Cat using the same procedure.

BAHM2.png
    Last edited by AllenJ1977; October 17, 2019 at 01:50pm.

Widget
    It is interesting, nearly flawless. Would have thought you got it complete from the main source had you not said otherwise.Only issue is the green from man at arms. I donít feel it really meshes with the rest of it.but other than that I like it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank Buzz-Ful. Originally, I was going to go with the skin tone, but it didn't look quite right to me so I decided to go for a more Man-At-Arms look.

For reference, here's the original image I used and the flesh tone idea (unfinished).

Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 8.17.29 AM.png
    BattleArmorHe-ManFleshTone.png

I'm not nearly as happy with this as I am with my Battle Armor He-Man, but I've had a heck of a time finding images of the big cat to manipulate the way I'd like. So, this is basically just a re-paint of a Filmation Battle Cat as Battle Armor Battle Cat.

BattleCat.png

I was thinking about your cool drawing, and you're right the without the green he looks strange, but what about using blue on He-Man instead of green?

Great idea, He-bro! I edited it with blue and it does look good. I also did an edit with a darker grey as well. I think I like it too.

BAHM2a copy.png
    BAHM2a copy 2.png

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    Nice job !!!!
    Thanks He-bro!

Widget
    If the Origins line does Battle-Armor He-Man, with the ability to swap body parts, you might actually be able to build this version!

That would be awesome, Videofox!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenJ1977 View Post
    Great idea, He-bro! I edited it with blue and it does look good. I also did an edit with a darker grey as well. I think I like it too.

BAHM2a copy.png
    BAHM2a copy 2.png
    Both are a bit better than the green idea. But what if you kept the blue from the golden wrist gauntlet, but the rest of the area yellow or gold instead? Including the leg? The other thing that just doesnít sit right to me with this is the brown boots. Now they def worked with the green look, but with grey and blue look itís like they are out of place? Perhaps turn his sash and the boots to the orange of the H to make that look like it fits better?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz-Ful View Post
    Both are a bit better than the green idea. But what if you kept the blue from the golden wrist gauntlet, but the rest of the area yellow or gold instead? Including the leg? The other thing that just doesn’t sit right to me with this is the brown boots. Now they def worked with the green look, but with grey and blue look it’s like they are out of place? Perhaps turn his sash and the boots to the orange of the H to make that look like it fits better?

Maybe. I might try to see what he looks like with boots the same color as the armor.

Widget
    Maybe. I might try to see what he looks like with boots the same color as the armor.
    Ok cool

After working on my Grayskull Garrison idea, I decided to create a handful of other Guardsmen type characters. In the case of these 4, they're all inspired by He-Man's various abilities and armors. In my headcanon, it goe something like this: After Adam became king and everyone realized he was He-Man, the high ups in the Eternian military decided to make some changes to the dress code/armor of various regiments in honor of their liege.

The BattleGuard: Eternia's elite Heavy Infantry unit. Armed in the colors of He-Man's Battle Armor, each BattleGuard is issued a knife, pistol, and his or her signature weapon, the axe-gun. These soldiers are on the front lines in every attack, or bolster the center of Eternia's army when attacked.

ThunderGuard: Eternian Artillery Regiments. A team of 3 artillerists (driver, gunner, and engineer) attached to a Battle Ram. Dressed in the colors of He-Man's Thunder-Punch Armor.

Flying Company: Eternian Motorized Cavalry. A company of 100 individuals assigned 100 Road Rippers. Known for lightning attacks into enemy territory where they sow fear into enemy troops before returning to their own lines. Their armor is designed after the Flying Fist armor.

LaserGuard: Eternian Scout/Sniper. Armed with a high-powered laser rifle and dressed in the blue and white of He-Man's Laser Power armor. The armor's ability to blend into the soldier's environment is activated with a thought, thanks to the HUD interface on the scout/sniper's helmet.

Compilation2.png
    Last edited by AllenJ1977; October 17, 2019 at 02:31pm.

Widget
    After working on my Grayskull Garrison idea, I decided to create a handful of other Guardsmen type characters. In the case of these 4, they're all inspired by He-Man's various abilities and armors. In my headcanon, it goe something like this: After Adam became king and everyone realized he was He-Man, the high ups in the Eternian military decided to make some changes to the dress code/armor of various regiments in honor of their liege.

The BattleGuard: Eternia's elite Heavy Infantry unit. Armed in the colors of He-Man's Battle Armor, each BattleGuard is issued a knife, pistol, and his or her signature weapon, the axe-gun. These soldiers are on the front lines in every attack, or bolster the center of Eternia's army when attacked.

ThunderGuard: Eternian Artillery Regiments. A team of 3 artillerists (driver, gunner, and engineer) attached to a Battle Ram. Dressed in the colors of He-Man's Thunder-Punch Armor.

Flying Company: Eternian Motorized Cavalry. A company of 100 individuals assigned 100 Road Rippers. Known for lightning attacks into enemy territory where they sow fear into enemy troops before returning to their own lines. Their armor is designed after the Flying Fist armor.

LaserGuard: Eternian Scout/Sniper. Armed with a high-powered laser rifle and dressed in the blue and white of He-Man's Laser Power armor. The armor's ability to blend into the soldier's environment is activated with a thought, thanks to the HUD interface on the scout/sniper's helmet.

Compilation2.png
    Not too bad