Thread: Restoring Brazilian comic book cover

Restoring Brazilian comic book cover

Hi!
    Brazilian comic book "He-Man Especial #1" is about to celebrate its 30th birthday (it was published on April, 1987). So to honor this date I've tried to restore/recreate the cover of this book.

It's crazy how time flies. I had this comic back in the 80s (I even remember the exact place where my father bought it to me and the fact we've bought it at night) and I really like the cover. I think some Brazilian artists redrawn art from Marvel/Star Comics (characters look slightly different) and despite the vivid/incorrect colors (somehting very common in Brazilian comic books) I think it's beautiful and imponent.

For this I've used an original copy of He-Man Special #1 (I lost my book decades ago - this is a copy that belongs to a friend). Cover is definitely not in excellent shape:

After many hours redrawing, cleaning and editing I could recreate the cover from scratch:

It's not 100% faithful but I think it's convincing enough.

After this I tried to make a variation of the cover, this time using a weird color scheme (that appeared occasionally on these books) with He-Man wearing silver bracelets and belt (I confess that I like these colors):

With some adjustments this is what I've got:

And I wanted to make a third cover, changing a lot of stuff (but still trying to be faithful to the concept of the original cover).
    This is the result:

And this is it. Just a small tribute to these old comics I loved decades ago. Hope you like! =D
    Last edited by macbee; August 19, 2019 at 03:02pm.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    The images don't seem to work inside the thread.

Also after clicking on couple, the links showed broken images too?
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    These look magnificent!!!
    Amazing job on the restoration on the vintage cover, and I enjoyed the variations too!
    Awesome!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    The images don't seem to work inside the thread.
    Weird. I can totally see them.

Again, wonderful work! Hope to see more!
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; March 22, 2017 at 04:39pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post

Weird. I can totally see them.
    I see them as well and they look great!
    We can’t pretend that the Trump Presidency is this weird anomaly that we can just kind of recover from by returning to the old normal. We are where we are because normal didn’t work. - Pete Buttigieg

2+ years later after the creation of this topic I've finished another recreation/restoration -- this time of the original Brazilian mini-comic from 1986:

This is how it looks recreated from scratch:

And this is my reinterpretation of it. Started a long time ago - but only finished today:

Probably there are many shading errors - but I'm just practicing and doing it for fun.