Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Super7 Supercast Episode 1 - Includes Ultimates updates

Heroic Warrior sandrockgundam04's Avatar

Super7 Supercast Episode 1 - Includes Ultimates updates

Brian Flynn from Super7 is here to give you updates on the current state of all things Masters of the Universe and She-Ra Princess of Power. This video covers updates for:
    • MOTU Classics Ultimate Editions
    • MOTU Classics 2017 Collector's Choice Wave 1
    • MOTU Classics 2017 Club Grayskull Wave 1
    • 2017 Power-Con Exclusives
    • MOTU ReAction Temple of Darkness Sorceress
    • Vintage style MOTU figures
    • MOTU ReAction Wave 3
    • MOTU M.U.S.C.L.E. Wave 3

Interesting to hear about the missing or unusable tooling.

Am I the only one getting offended by his dance? I get why there is a delay, but why "rub it in" like that? Is he happy about that!?

I will jump in here early, as I figure the same questions will be coming here that came on the YouTube comment sections:

When will the Ultimates ship?
    We don't have a 100% hard date yet as all the parts are on different timelines. It could be May, it could be June. I don't want to promise a random date and then not make it. As soon as we get a firm date, we will let everyone know, as we want to have these figures finished just as much as everyone wants to have them!

Why didn't you know sooner?
    Most of the issues came to light as we started shooting production level plastic, so at that point, a figure has to stop mid way through production while we retool pieces. It is not a fun email to wake up to.

What about Thundercats?
    Unfortunately, we have no real news here. I wish I had something more to say, but unfortunately, we don't have anything to pass along.

You are looking really old these days. Maybe some "Just For Men" could help out?
    It is true, but I can't go for the pitch-black beard look. I will leave that for the pirates.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mARTO View Post
    Am I the only one getting offended by his dance? I get why there is a delay, but why "rub it in" like that? Is he happy about that!?
    I think the editor thought he was making fun of me here. I am not the tallest guy in the room.

I don't think his dance had anything to do with the delay. He was just being silly while they were shooting, and they decided to include it in the edit to try to give the whole thing lighter tone. I personally thought it was a bit too silly, but not offensive.

These aren't like the old Scott videos where they turned on a camera and he runs through everything in 3 minutes and they turn the camera off and upload. This is a real shoot with lighting and nice equipment, where they shoot a lot of footage then edit it down. This is what a lot of people said they wanted from Scott back in the day. I like the extra care that goes into it, even if it gets a bit silly.

Quote Originally Posted by brianflynn View Post
    I will jump in here early, as I figure the same questions will be coming here that came on the YouTube comment sections:

We don't have a 100% hard date yet as all the parts are on different timelines. It could be May, it could be June. I don't want to promise a random date and then not make it. As soon as we get a firm date, we will let everyone know, as we want to have these figures finished just as much as everyone wants to have them!

Why didn't you know sooner?
    Most of the issues came to light as we started shooting production level plastic, so at that point, a figure has to stop mid way through production while we retool pieces. It is not a fun email to wake up to.

What about Thundercats?
    Unfortunately, we have no real news here. I wish I had something more to say, but unfortunately, we don't have anything to pass along.

You are looking really old these days. Maybe some "Just For Men" could help out?
    It is true, but I can't go for the pitch-black beard look. I will leave that for the pirates.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the editor thought he was making fun of me here. I am not the tallest guy in the room.

Thank you for updating us Brian, At least with 4H working with Super7 those missing tools or degraded tools can be redone exactly as before since the Horsemen sculpted everything for MOTUC's. You do what you have to on your end to get things just right, I'm in no hurry and can wait on my ultimates order and on the Collectors Choice & Club Filmation figures Preorder.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Heroic Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by brianflynn View Post
    Good to know. Thanks Brian!

Uh Ohhhhh!

1.) This is gonna cost Super 7 some MO-NEEEEY!
    2.) Is this going to DELAY us getting the figures delivered to us any longer than the New est. of June?

...& the Day Masters of The Universe figures hit our area (K-Mart), my father took me there to see them after school. He KNEW I'd flip for them, as I was a TOY Crazy Boy, spending most of my indoor (& outdoor) time playing with my various figures. I was told I could pick one, & even though there had not been any advertisement for the MOTU line that I knew of, the Display of the figures were all up front as soon as you walked into the New Hartford, NY K-Mart. By the time I got there, there was NO sign of any He-Man figures left, & they had just put them out that morning I believe. I also did not see Teela, but I believe she trailed behind in the first wave right? ...I knew nothing about the figures & choosing 1 was hard! I wouldn't have picked He-Man anyways, but it came down to SkELETOR vs. MER-MAN !!! I couldn't decide between them, & the RAM Staff (Havoc staff) BEATS Corn Cod Sword. So in my Catholic school boy uniform, I had chosen the Side I'd forever be drawn to from that day forward (in Star Wars I like the Good Guys better!). I soon opened that mini-comic & saw that I had chosen The EVIL LORD of Destruction, & therefore The Big BAD Boss! So I say that all, to say this, Thanks SUPER 7, since we can't have Skeletor's without the Havoc Staff! ....although since I scored a couple $10 Mo-Larr sets at Big Lots, ...I'll take Battle Armor for FAKER instead! ...but, I bet the other people probably would not care for that, ...you know, NOT having two cheap figure sets I could rip open to pilfer the Weapons!
    invisibleboy - Unseen, But DEFINITELY NOT Unheard! Sorry bout it.

Quote Originally Posted by mARTO View Post
    You're turning it into a negative for no reason at all. Please don't do that. We had enough people turning what Scott would say into pointless fan drama. Let's not start that up with Super7 and Brian as well.

Bring in the love, my man. MOTU needs all we can give it these days.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    I was not offended by the dance. On the contrary, I would like to officially request at least one dance per video, maybe two, from here on out.

The video was funny. These guys make great toys, take pride in their work, and have a good time. Exactly the sort of folks I want working on Masters. Keep it up and keep getting it right, guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Evil Master of Spaghetti Kobra Khan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRandorFacepalm View Post
    I was not offended by the dance. On the contrary, I would like to officially request at least one dance per video, maybe two, from here on out.
    Ahah, I also liked that part! So much that I've watched it twice and told my girlfriend across the room: "hey, watch this, this Brian Flynn is a funny person!"
    Now she'll forgive me for giving him my money. Maybe.
    Pasta la vista, baby!

NA in MOTUC, 10 more to go! Artilla, Butthead, Hoove, Kayo, Lizorr, Nocturna, Sagitar, Spinwit, Staghorn, Vizar.

I am surprised some of the molds have already gone bad as I did not think MOTUC was produced in such numbers to compare with retail lines. I know its been ten years of MOTUC but isnt Hasbro for instance still using molds for some GIJOE vehicles from the 80ties?

If someone could just shed light to this a bit, it would help me to understand it better. Does it mean factory treated the MOTUC molds extremely badly?

I'm not offended by the dance, but what's up with Super 7 and their updates that really aren't updates. I guess the sorceress being for sale is an update but this whole video is basically saying we're not sure when any of this will be ready but it's coming. It's all good, but I guess when I hear "update" I expect to hear concrete release dates. They did the same thing with the Collectors choice announcement. They would announce an "update" that they would soon be giving out info.

Stop teasing us with these nonsense updates! It's no big deal, I'm just getting excited for these.... And honestly I'd rather them not give any dates than say they expect them to be ready in June only to be pushed back another month or two.

Keep up the good work Brian. I'm staying positive!
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    I am surprised some of the molds have already gone bad as I did not think MOTUC was produced in such numbers to compare with retail lines. I know its been ten years of MOTUC but isnt Hasbro for instance still using molds for some GIJOE vehicles from the 80ties?

If someone could just shed light to this a bit, it would help me to understand it better. Does it mean factory treated the MOTUC molds extremely badly?
    That tends to be the case. A factory keeping all those molds requires storage costs. Given Mattel's volume of product year-to-year, that can add up VERY quickly if they kept everything they did in perpetuity. So I am sure the factory probably has a shelf date on molds.

Not sure if Hasbro was using the same molds, or retooling off old figures to make new molds. I have no idea what arrangement Hasbro has worked out with their factories. But I have a hard time believing Hasbro can afford to keep all the molds they make year after year. Maybe they just kept molds from key lines? No idea.

It could be like what Mattel did with the Commemorative line, where those were new tools off old figures.
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

I expect tears and self-flagellation the next time there is a minor inconvenience. Only a penance of blood will satisfy my nerd rage.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I expect tears and self-flagellation the next time there is a minor inconvenience. Only a penance of blood will satisfy my nerd rage.

Sadly, we both know there are some people who seem to expect something of that nature.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    That tends to be the case. A factory keeping all those molds requires storage costs. Given Mattel's volume of product year-to-year, that can add up VERY quickly if they kept everything they did in perpetuity. So I am sure the factory probably has a shelf date on molds.

Not sure if Hasbro was using the same molds, or retooling off old figures to make new molds. I have no idea what arrangement Hasbro has worked out with their factories. But I have a hard time believing Hasbro can afford to keep all the molds they make year after year. Maybe they just kept molds from key lines? No idea.

It could be like what Mattel did with the Commemorative line, where those were new tools off old figures.
    Big company logistics are strange, but I always thought they were nowadays keen to keep the molds. If keeping them at factory is too expensive, one would think it would still be cost effective to rent a warehouse... but I since the mold issue came as surprise to everyone, they were not at least knowingly thrown away, I guess.

To my understand HASBRO been reusing some of the vehicle molds with some retooled parts (as figures are slightly bigger now than they were).

Heroic Warrior
    That's kinda crazy that Skeletor's Havok staff is gone with the wind…

I liked video Brian, looking forward to more!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    Big company logistics are strange, but I always thought they were nowadays keen to keep the molds. If keeping them at factory is too expensive, one would think it would still be cost effective to rent a warehouse... but I since the mold issue came as surprise to everyone, they were not at least knowingly thrown away, I guess.

To my understand HASBRO been reusing some of the vehicle molds with some retooled parts (as figures are slightly bigger now than they were).
    Well, to put it into perspective, think of how expensive it would be to rent a storage unit... then another.. then another.
    Now, based on the size dimensions Eric from 4H talked about on Roast Gooble, imagine constantly piling up and organizing these huge steel molds month after month. That's a MASSIVE amount of storage space over time when you're a big company producing numerous toy lines year after year, and a massive corresponding cost to house them.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post

I'm a fan of the dance! Bring on more!

Gotta say, I'm a little disappointed at the reactions from some of the people on this board. It really is eye-roll inducing.

Lighten up! Please!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Court Magician
    Would it perhaps make sense to reopen pre-orders for the Ultimate figures to gather some more sales which would help recoup the cost they may have incured with this mold snafu? I know I'd order a couple of figures if they offered a pre-order extension.

Thank you for the update, BRIAN.

You're a good man. If I were a professional Toy Guy, I could never deal with fans. There's a reason that The Simpsons 'Comic Book Guy' character exists whether we like it or not. We are loud, annoying, entitled, and want everything NOW!!!

Thank you for being a MOTU fan, and please keep up the good work!
    Odd Man Out

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    I'm not offended by the dance, but what's up with Super 7 and their updates that really aren't updates. I guess the sorceress being for sale is an update but this whole video is basically saying we're not sure when any of this will be ready but it's coming. It's all good, but I guess when I hear "update" I expect to hear concrete release dates. They did the same thing with the Collectors choice announcement. They would announce an "update" that they would soon be giving out info.

Stop teasing us with these nonsense updates! It's no big deal, I'm just getting excited for these.... And honestly I'd rather them not give any dates than say they expect them to be ready in June only to be pushed back another month or two.

Keep up the good work Brian. I'm staying positive!
    Nonsense? I'm actually surprised at that news about some of the tooling winding up missing. Classics is a line that's still in use, with the parts reuse and everything! How do you misplace something that's always being used? They are re-tooling the missing items...that helps to explain why things are taking so long.

I always thought tooling going missing happens for defunct lines, like G1's Dinobot molds.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Nonsense? I'm actually surprised at that news about some of the tooling winding up missing. Classics is a line that's still in use, with the parts reuse and everything! How do you misplace something that's always being used? They are re-tooling the missing items...that helps to explain why things are taking so long.

I always thought tooling going missing happens for defunct lines, like G1's Dinobot molds.

I was quite surprised by this news too!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Heroic Warrior
    I like the updates. It was informative and you can't say anything other than what is. These guys are pricing stuff out and working through the kinks. No big deal there. I think once that's done then everything will be smoother and faster going forward.

As for the dance, I got my dollars ready.
    Good trades with: Cammor