Thread: Your least favorite character(s) from MOTU & POP?

Your least favorite character(s) from MOTU & POP?

Plain and simple which ones you dislike from the different groups in MOTU & POP?

Heroic Warriors: Well most of them are just OK. Orko's Filmation version is rather irritating with that voice and his mannerisms. I think Gwildor is even worse though.

Evil Warriors: They actually don't have those irritating ones like the 2 above even though Filmation made most of them into buffoons. I'll go with Blade, the bald guy from the live action movie, pretentious head. But I just dislike everything the live action movie did to any character.

Great Rebellion: Well there are of course the little characters which can get annoying but there is no one I dislike more than Bow: pink heart symbol, singing, mustache and last but not least getting more attention than any of the Rebellion ladies (bar She-Ra of course) in the cartoons. Attention ***** boo!

Evil Horde: don't really dislike anyone. Imp is hated by pretty much everyone in the Horde (bar Hordak) but I like his sneakiness and ability to transform. If I had to pick one I'll go with Grizzlor. But I blame Filmation again for making him into the ultimate *******. His cartoon version is awesome!

Heroic Warrior
    probably the only character i did not like at all was the purple Giant from the 200x show. I found him irritating. Other than that its the only character i can think of that i don't like

Quick disclaimer: I operate largely in the world of the cartoons rather than action figures, so I may well mention characters here who have great figures but are pretty irritating on screen!

I think it's pretty plain from my reviews that Orko is not a favourite of mine, to put it mildly. He'd be my pick for least favourite Heroic Warrior.

For Team Skeletor, off the top of my head I think Spikor is the only real failure. His voice and behaviour are completely idiotic. I'm glad he only got a few outings.

The Great Rebellion has a fair few characters who I never really rubbed along with, though none of them REALLY got on my nerves. If Loo-Kee counts, it's probably him, but if he doesn't, then I suppose Madame Razz, who is in my book very variable - sometimes absolutely fine and sometimes dreadfully annoying. Glimmer had a tendency to be a bit of a pain too sometimes...

The Horde ... yeah, it's Imp. All the way.

Quote Originally Posted by alexspyforever View Post

Great Rebellion: Well there are of course the little characters which can get annoying but there is no one I dislike more than Bow: pink heart symbol, singing, mustache and last but not least getting more attention than any of the Rebellion ladies (bar She-Ra of course) in the cartoons. Attention ***** boo!
    Can't believe you don't like Bow! I absolutely love him. Well, love to hate him, obviously. His total lack of self-awareness was magisterial.

Quote Originally Posted by OwenMorton View Post
    Quick disclaimer: I operate largely in the world of the cartoons rather than action figures, so I may well mention characters here who have great figures but are pretty irritating on screen!

I think it's pretty plain from my reviews that Orko is not a favourite of mine, to put it mildly. He'd be my pick for least favourite Heroic Warrior.

For Team Skeletor, off the top of my head I think Spikor is the only real failure. His voice and behaviour are completely idiotic. I'm glad he only got a few outings.

The Great Rebellion has a fair few characters who I never really rubbed along with, though none of them REALLY got on my nerves. If Loo-Kee counts, it's probably him, but if he doesn't, then I suppose Madame Razz, who is in my book very variable - sometimes absolutely fine and sometimes dreadfully annoying. Glimmer had a tendency to be a bit of a pain too sometimes...

The Horde ... yeah, it's Imp. All the way.

Can't believe you don't like Bow! I absolutely love him. Well, love to hate him, obviously. His total lack of self-awareness was magisterial.
    Agree with your choices for the Rebellion. Loo-Kee is rarely part of the story so don't mind him that much. Madame Razz is indeed variable but never as bad as Orko. Glimmer well she was rather fine but when Adora took over the lead she became rather reckless. And Bow well you worded it well love to pick on him

I leave out the toys and go Filmation .

Heroic Warrriors . The royal guard .

King Randors soldiers , an army probably big enough to maintain order for the entire planet which in theory should be in the millions , finest orange armour and blue helmets and skysleds that Man At Arms can chug out , 120 plus episodes and their most significant part in this show was screaming for help .
    Randor once threatened to level Snake mountain to save Adora and HeMan screamed no . Gee I wonder why ?

Dishonerable Mention to Zodak . This "Cosmic Enforcer" floats in space , watches and sometimes gives advice or warnings but nothing else , He enforces nothing . He should be space police . Just once i would have liked him saying he guards the ends of the galaxy and wrestles Cuthulu . That one eyed jabba Monster that took over greyskull . That should have been Zodaks problem .

Sorceress trapped in her gloomy castle has done more for Eternia and the universe .

Second Dishonerable Mention to Granyamyr . Behold the king of dragons....Who decided a Tyrannosaurus Rex wearing helmet would make for a cool king of dragons? Filmation has made awesome looking dragons so why not a bit more effort for granny ? But thats not his worst crime .
    Another sleeping giant mega power scale on the magic factor with the potential to squish Skeletor with his pinky and fart snake mountain to dust but no . Perfect steed for Zodak. I always imagined Heroic Zodak riding mighty Gran gran into ........ contemplating the mysteries of the universe .

Evil Warriors . Clawful . The awful Clawful . Very awful

Skeletor once bragged this was his right hand man . For some reason Clawful is number two which is also about the same amount of episodes he has been in . Oh yes and his voice is irritating .
    The dumb as dirt but loyal Beastman has contributed so much more and he controls animals . Evil Lynn is probably second only to Skeletor in power . How did they get passed over for promotion ? You would think a requirement for right hand man would be thumbs .

Great Rebellion . The twiggit boys .

They are plain ugly , stupid and pointless . We already have ugly , stupid farmers who got suckered into the rebellion as cannon fodder .
    Why not a few more cute Spritina girls ? They can make a cauldron of Spoo and feed the whole army.

The Horde . Horde Prime . I hate him . He sux

Hordak should be in charge of the entire Horde Galaxy . I dont like that both Hordak and especially Skeletor seem to his toadies in which case this Titan Cyber Demon ? in theory should be stronger than HeMan and She Ra too .
    This guy takes too much smoke away from too many top tier dudes which makes no sense , why are all the good guys still running around ? Those cute rebellion girls with so much concubine potential are not gonna stay pretty forever.
    This guy is like evil Zodak . He does nothing .

Take Daimar for instance . this is also a giant and ruler of a demon dimension . I would label him a "Prime" too but Heman and Skeletor could handle him . I know they both negotiated with Daimar but if gloves came off I dont see him as last man standing .
    Last edited by Lokus; April 7, 2017 at 08:23am.

Totally Dyslexic
    My least favorite characters...well let me see:

Herroic Warriors:

Gwildor since he was created to replace the most unnecessary character which would be my number one spot if it wasnīt for Gwildor -> Orko.
    I donīt need both of them to be honest.

Evil warriors:

Hm... i actually do not care enough for most of them... but i think Blade is pretty much useless. Again he was just created to replace another character and since we have a one eyed swordsman already but he has two additional eyes and is more than just a swordsman in dark leather.
    Or Ninjor, which was created to jump on the ninja hype back than and since we had Jitsu already, i never got why we needed him.

Great Rebellion:

Madame Razz. Who needed her? We have Castaspella for magic. Kowl was sidekick enough if you ask me.

Evil Horde:

Imp. I simply do not like him. He annoys me.

Snake men:

Blast Attack... he is not a snake men and never will be!!!!

I wanted to mention them as a fraction but to be honest i love them and i like everyone one of them.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Snake men:

Blast Attack... he is not a snake men and never will be!!!!
    I dont get it .

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    I dont get it .
    In the mini-comic "Revenge of the Snake Men", he is a minion of the Snake Men. He is a minion of Skeletor elsewhere. I didn't really like the look of the character, but his action feature on the toy was cool.

Zodac is one of my least favorites due to his weird mask and neutral position. If he wasn't an original 8-back, I think he'd be even less popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    In the mini-comic "Revenge of the Snake Men", he is a minion of the Snake Men. He is a minion of Skeletor elsewhere. I didn't really like the look of the character, but his action feature on the toy was cool.

Zodac is one of my least favorites due to his weird mask and neutral position. If he wasn't an original 8-back, I think he'd be even less popular.
    Does Zodac actually have a special ability/power because I wouldn't know (and too lazy to look it up now lol).

Does Zodac actually have a special ability/power because I wouldn't know (and too lazy to look it up now lol).
    He is basically portrayed as an all-powerful and all-knowing being.
    http://he-man.wikia.com/wiki/Zodac

I'm not a fan of Entrapa - too frivolous a superpower. Magic hair? Really? Okay.

Also not big into Spinerella. Really now? Ballet twirling?

They both worked in the toyline but have no business being in the show as far as I'm concerned. Too frilly and silly...

I find Trapjaw rather dull, though his 200X version was better.

Great Rebellion:

Madame Razz. Who needed her? We have Castaspella for magic. Kowl was sidekick enough if you ask me.
    Ouch. Razz IS the Rebellion to me. She's the heart and soul. Such a fun character.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    He is basically portrayed as an all-powerful and all-knowing being.
    http://he-man.wikia.com/wiki/Zodac
    Actually a pretty interesting figure. Sounds cool to be all-seeing.