Page 51 of 79 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1965

Thread: New Movie News and Rumors Thread

  1. #1251
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Yeah, see, this is true. Like, 100% true. Sorry, but if you seriously think He-Man will no longer be He-Man because he hasn't got furry shorts anymore, or has a bit more armour than he did in the cartoon, then I really think you are only seeing through a very narrow tunnel and need to realise there's always been more to MOTU than just the "style". The substance is the part that's stood the test of time, IMO.

    And yes, I am a big film fan, and filmmakers should 100% be allowed to show their own voice when adapting a property. As long as they're respectful to the source. Contrary to popular belief, Hollywood has actually improved on this. So, IMO, covering up He-Man a bit more would not be the filmmaker's way of taking a dump on the property, or as some sort of weird betrayal. Sorry, but they're not slaves to the fans. We live in a time now where fanbases are being scrutinised very closely. The sheer level of entitlement is through the roof, and it needs to be addressed. I'm sure it won't be long before Adam Nee receives horrible tweets. The lady who was recently cast as Batwoman was another casualty, cancelling her Twitter account because of some disgusting "fans". But this is a discussion for another time. But using hyperbolic phrases like "treasonous" is not helpful at all.
    I still haven't seen a logical reason for altering He-Man's iconic look, you know, the one that made him massively popular in the first place, by those advocating for it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by InThe80s View Post
    100 Percent spot on.

    Would the like to point out that new Aquaman (2018) movie is taking inspiration from "the 300" and Conan the barbarian route and nobody is complaining. With the right special effects even the most campy characters can be made to look cool and taken seriously. Aquaman was always more campy than He-Man and they don't seem to have any qualms with having Aquaman run around half naked. I don't see the point of changing He-Man to fit into someone else's expectations. Give the fans what they want and don't hold back. That is how you do it. The executives won't green light a movie when the producers themselves are embarrassed by their own sales pitch. He-Man need to bleed confidence.

    https://i.imgur.com/aIdL0MA.jpg
    De
    While I certainly agree with you overall, it should be noted that Aquaman's design has been heavily altered from his classic look.

  2. #1252
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    942
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Yeah, see, this is true. Like, 100% true. Sorry, but if you seriously think He-Man will no longer be He-Man because he hasn't got furry shorts anymore, or has a bit more armour than he did in the cartoon, then I really think you are only seeing through a very narrow tunnel and need to realise there's always been more to MOTU than just the "style". The substance is the part that's stood the test of time, IMO.

    And yes, I am a big film fan, and filmmakers should 100% be allowed to show their own voice when adapting a property. As long as they're respectful to the source. Contrary to popular belief, Hollywood has actually improved on this. So, IMO, covering up He-Man a bit more would not be the filmmaker's way of taking a dump on the property, or as some sort of weird betrayal. Sorry, but they're not slaves to the fans. We live in a time now where fanbases are being scrutinised very closely. The sheer level of entitlement is through the roof, and it needs to be addressed. I'm sure it won't be long before Adam Nee receives horrible tweets. The lady who was recently cast as Batwoman was another casualty, cancelling her Twitter account because of some disgusting "fans". But this is a discussion for another time. But using hyperbolic phrases like "treasonous" is not helpful at all.
    I 100% agree. Put on the battle armor!

  3. #1253
    Heroic Warrior motogp_fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,077
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    I fully agree with you.
    The few collections referenced above have everything the director needs
    to know to make a decent movie.
    You should read first the comics i said and know why i recommend reading those. He-Man characterization is very well captured in it.

    Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

  4. #1254
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    5,641
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Yeah, see, this is true. Like, 100% true. Sorry, but if you seriously think He-Man will no longer be He-Man because he hasn't got furry shorts anymore, or has a bit more armour than he did in the cartoon, then I really think you are only seeing through a very narrow tunnel and need to realise there's always been more to MOTU than just the "style". The substance is the part that's stood the test of time, IMO.
    I agree with this.

    And I believe a LOT of others do as well - as evidenced by the ludicrous amounts of money people are paying to see their favorite Marvel Superheroes run around in updated and more realistic costumes, not the iconic ones that they might be accustomed to.

    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    I still haven't seen a logical reason for altering He-Man's iconic look, you know, the one that made him massively popular in the first place, by those advocating for it.
    Personally, I think people might be more receptive to this: BA He-Man.jpg

    ...Rather than this: LOL He-Man.jpg
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

  5. #1255
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I agree with this.

    And I believe a LOT of others do as well - as evidenced by the ludicrous amounts of money people are paying to see their favorite Marvel Superheroes run around in updated and more realistic costumes, not the iconic ones that they might be accustomed to.



    Personally, I think people might be more receptive to this: BA He-Man.jpg

    ...Rather than this: LOL He-Man.jpg
    Ok, you're comparing idealized artwork with a scrawny guy in a bad cosplay outfit? You honestly think a big budget Hollywood MOTU film would feature an actor looking like that? That has nothing to do with the iconic classic harness/furry shorts outfit.

  6. #1256
    Master of New Adventures!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    9,171
    Lol on the pic. Looks more like Wee-Man

    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I agree with this.

    And I believe a LOT of others do as well - as evidenced by the ludicrous amounts of money people are paying to see their favorite Marvel Superheroes run around in updated and more realistic costumes, not the iconic ones that they might be accustomed to.



    Personally, I think people might be more receptive to this: BA He-Man.jpg

    ...Rather than this: LOL He-Man.jpg

  7. #1257
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    5,641
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Lol on the pic. Looks more like Wee-Man
    Agreed. Even if this guy put on 200 more lbs. of muscle, he still wouldn't look right in an outfit like that.

    He-Man's classic harness and loincloth is a difficult look to pull off in live-action.



    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    You honestly think a big budget Hollywood MOTU film would feature an actor looking like that?
    No, I think that they'd cast someone like Chris Hemsworth.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

  8. #1258
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Agreed. Even if this guy put on 200 more lbs. of muscle, he still wouldn't look right in an outfit like that.

    He-Man's classic harness and loincloth is a difficult look to pull off in live-action.





    No, I think that they'd cast someone like Chris Hemsworth.
    How about we stick He-Man in jeans and a T-shirt?

  9. #1259
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    172
    i think he-man should look like this.

    he-man.jpg

  10. #1260
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    269
    No, like this...
    heman.png


  11. #1261
    Master of New Adventures!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    9,171
    It just hit me! He's Sean Penn ready for a remake of Fast Times at Ridgemont High, auditioning in his He-Man Halloween costume.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I agree with this.

    And I believe a LOT of others do as well - as evidenced by the ludicrous amounts of money people are paying to see their favorite Marvel Superheroes run around in updated and more realistic costumes, not the iconic ones that they might be accustomed to.



    Personally, I think people might be more receptive to this: BA He-Man.jpg

    ...Rather than this: LOL He-Man.jpg

  12. #1262
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    76
    Adam Nee was very active on his twitter account yesterday. First he posted trailer for Beastmaster and then he jokingly answer few questions. I really like approach and enthusiasm and can't help myself but to believe this time it will finally happen

  13. #1263
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Italy (Rome)
    Posts
    2,651
    Quote Originally Posted by ShangTs View Post
    Adam Nee was very active on his twitter account yesterday. First he posted trailer for Beastmaster and then he jokingly answer few questions. I really like approach and enthusiasm and can't help myself but to believe this time it will finally happen
    If Adam Nee is a Beastmaster fan, that he is definitely on the right path, to deliver a great Masters of the Universe movie! Beastmaster is basically He-Man and Eternia, without the technology. Adding this, and the movie will be perfect! Day by day, i have more faith that the Nee brothers will make He-Man and MOTU justice!




  14. #1264
    Heroic Warrior Krueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    3,795
    Well it was tongue in cheek, but he clearly has affection. He seems to have quite a good sense of humour, joking around and playfully making fun. But the Nee Brothers do really make me feel good about this.

  15. #1265
    Heroic Warrior InThe80s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    696
    Beastmaster II (1991) was practically the sequel to Masters of the Universe movie from 1987.

    If you never seen it consider watching it some time. The parallels to 87 movie are uncanny.


  16. #1266
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    172
    i think the ideal live action He-Man should look like this figure from Mythic Legions.
    adamonn.png

    but with no beard and his classic red cross harness.

  17. #1267
    Heroic Warrior ToyCulture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    77
    Any news on the movie?

  18. #1268
    Heroic Warrior IceyCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Castle Chill
    Posts
    2,317
    I always thought He-Man's get up/outfit was a little impractical, but then again I ALWAYS think these outfits that barely cover anything are impractical for warriors. If I was going up against someone with a sword I would like a little coverage. If 80% of your body is unprotected you are going to get stabbed - LOL! I do not think they should change it to make him unrecognizable, but give the brother some protection!

  19. #1269
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Italy (Rome)
    Posts
    2,651
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    I always thought He-Man's get up/outfit was a little impractical, but then again I ALWAYS think these outfits that barely cover anything are impractical for warriors. If I was going up against someone with a sword I would like a little coverage. If 80% of your body is unprotected you are going to get stabbed - LOL! I do not think they should change it to make him unrecognizable, but give the brother some protection!
    Not if you are a barbarian warrior. In this case, it's not valid the "impractical" argument, because a barbarian cover himself, from what he can find in nature. Blackstar, Thundarr, Beastmaster are some examples. The original He-Man was a tribal barbarian, so he used what the Eternian nature, and the Goddess/Sorceress offered to him. For the Adam origin, He-Man's look is doing honour at the tradition of his barbarian ancestors (i.e King Grayskull). Then of course Adam/He-Man has other armors as well, as we see from the various variants and continuities.
    Last edited by granamyr80; August 21, 2018 at 09:58am.

  20. #1270
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    5,641
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    I always thought He-Man's get up/outfit was a little impractical, but then again I ALWAYS think these outfits that barely cover anything are impractical for warriors. If I was going up against someone with a sword I would like a little coverage. If 80% of your body is unprotected you are going to get stabbed - LOL! I do not think they should change it to make him unrecognizable, but give the brother some protection!
    Stop adding logic to my fantasy!!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

  21. #1271
    Heroic Warrior manowar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    760
    Maybe the furry undies are a necessary part of the power harness, so He-man doesn't get a hernia on Eternia, lifting that sword and screaming "I have the POWER!"...

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

  22. #1272
    Heroic Warrior InThe80s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    696
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    I always thought He-Man's get up/outfit was a little impractical, but then again I ALWAYS think these outfits that barely cover anything are impractical for warriors. If I was going up against someone with a sword I would like a little coverage. If 80% of your body is unprotected you are going to get stabbed - LOL! I do not think they should change it to make him unrecognizable, but give the brother some protection!
    If someone stabbed He-Man with a regular sword I doubt it would even cut him. He-Man crushed a diamond with bare hands, smashed boulders with his fists, and turned sand into glass. To say the least his skin is very tough.

  23. #1273
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,396
    Quote Originally Posted by InThe80s View Post
    If someone stabbed He-Man with a regular sword I doubt it would even cut him. He-Man crushed a diamond with bare hands, smashed boulders with his fists, and turned sand into glass. To say the least his skin is very tough.
    This. The extent of his powers have never been clearly defined, and are inconsistent across various media. To try to argue "earth logic" that his classic harness/furry shorts outfit isn't practical because it apparently doesn't protect him enough is utterly laughable.

  24. #1274
    Heroic Warrior IceyCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Castle Chill
    Posts
    2,317
    Quote Originally Posted by InThe80s View Post
    If someone stabbed He-Man with a regular sword I doubt it would even cut him. He-Man crushed a diamond with bare hands, smashed boulders with his fists, and turned sand into glass. To say the least his skin is very tough.
    Hubba Hubba!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    Maybe the furry undies are a necessary part of the power harness, so He-man doesn't get a hernia on Eternia, lifting that sword and screaming "I have the POWER!"...

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    LOL! OK, this totally cracked me up.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    This. The extent of his powers have never been clearly defined, and are inconsistent across various media. To try to argue "earth logic" that his classic harness/furry shorts outfit isn't practical because it apparently doesn't protect him enough is utterly laughable.
    Are you really being dismissive of someone applying logic to a cartoon character? Cause that is kind of silly.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Stop adding logic to my fantasy!!!
    I am sorry, Ornclown! LOL :P

  25. #1275
    Heroic Warrior Artistix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bathurst Australia
    Posts
    784
    Given how insecure men have become about their physical appearance in the last 20 or so years, I can't imagine He-Man will be wearing a little loin cloth.

    Men have to cover up these days.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •