View Poll Results: What is your favorite Super Mario Bros. game? (Main entries)

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Super Mario Bros.

3 15.00%
  • Super Mario Bros. 2

4 20.00%
  • Super Mario Bros. 3

2 10.00%
  • Super Mario World

2 10.00%
  • Super Mario 64

2 10.00%
  • Super Mario Sunshine

2 10.00%
  • New Super Mario Bros.

0 0%
  • Super Mario Galaxy

1 5.00%
  • New Super Mario Bros. Wii

2 10.00%
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2

0 0%
  • Super Mario 3D Land

0 0%
  • New Super Mario Bros. 2

0 0%
  • New Super Mario Bros. U

0 0%
  • Super Mario 3D World

0 0%
  • None of 'em!

2 10.00%

Thread: What is your favorite Super Mario Bros. game? (Main entries)

What is your favorite Super Mario Bros. game? (Main entries)

To celebrate the impending release of Super Mario Odyssey on the Nintendo Switch, I have been re-playing every SMB video game from the beginning... I thought I would make a poll to see which (main) game in the long-running Mario series gets the most votes for favorite. Everybody loves Mario, right?!?

This poll only applies to the MAIN titles in the Super Mario Bros. series meaning it excludes games like Paper Mario, Mario Party, Super Mario Maker, Yoshi's Island, etc.

So, without further ado, which main entry in the Super Mario bros. series of video games is your favorite?

Super Mario Bros. (NES 1985)

Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES 1988)

Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES 1990)

Super Mario World (SNES 1991)

Super Mario 64 (N64 1996)

Super Mario Sunshine (GCN 2002)

New Super Mario Bros. (DS 2006)

Super Mario Galaxy (Wii 2007)

New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii 2009)

Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii 2010)

Super Mario 3D Land (3DS 2011)

New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS 2012)

New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U 2012)

Super Mario 3D World (Wii U 2013)

Tell us why it's your favorite in the thread below!!
    Last edited by Ornclown; April 30, 2017 at 12:02am.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

I'm not a massive fan of mario games but I think mario maker is amazing.

This one was really tough for me and there are many of the newer titles I haven't even played yet.

Super Mario Bros. 2 is second in game play only to Super Mario World for me. I loved both but I have to say Super Mario 2 gave me the most overall fun plus, for a NES game, it had one of the best endings when you beat it.

A very close 3rd place would be Super Mario 64 which I loved but also spent the most time trying levels over and over to get all those dern stars!
    We canít pretend that the Trump Presidency is this weird anomaly that we can just kind of recover from by returning to the old normal. We are where we are because normal didnít work. - Pete Buttigieg

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I've never been a huge Mario Bros. fan but I'll have to go with the first release, Super Mario Bros. as it was the game I played the most being released with the original NES.

Also O-clown, you forgot to include the regular Mario Bros. game as it was also on the NES console. If it was on the list, I would say that would be my favorite Mario Bros. game as I still play it to this day on my arcade emulator.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Widget
    That alien planet Julie and Kevin were from.
    This to me is a really hard question! SMB3 is a fantastic game, but it's firmly in fourth place for me. On a given day, I could see SMB1 being my favorite because it's still holds up as fun and playable and still perfectly captures the Mario franchise (music, worlds, villains, etc.). It's the one I've played the most often lately after the new NES Classic made me want to play the old games again.

But I think I think for me this is a competition between SMB2 and SMW. I've always loved how different SMB2 is from the rest of the franchise. I love that you can play as four different characters (with different abilities). My memories of this game may even be the fondest, especially the ending of the game. (I think I'm echoing Dice's sentiments above.)

Today, however, I'm going with Super Mario World. I feel like that game was the one I ended playing the most. It took everything you could do in the NES games and dialed things up to the nth degree. Or at least took it from 8bit to 16bit. I always saw it as a better version of SM3 (I much prefer the feather/cape over the racoon power). And you get Yoshi!
    Want to Buy: Power-Con 2017 Earl Norem print set (the first MOTU item to bring me out of lurkdom!)

Hang in there, Bow! Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    For nostalgia I still really enjoy Super Mario Brothers and Super Mario Brothers 2 (and now "The Lost Levels", which is the real Super Mario Brothers 2, lol), and Super Mario World is a lot of fun, but I think for me the all-time Mario game will always be Super Mario Brothers 3.
    Welcome to The She-Ra Photo Museum! Thousands of screencaps from Filmation's classic 1980's toon! For the Honor of Grayskull!

Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

3, 2, World, RPG, Galaxy 1 & 2, Super Mario 3D, Super Mario Land 2 and 64
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Super Mario Bros. (NES 1985)

Hang in there, Bow! Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    I am shocked that Super Mario 3 is as of this writing behind 1 and 2.
    Welcome to The She-Ra Photo Museum! Thousands of screencaps from Filmation's classic 1980's toon! For the Honor of Grayskull!

Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Man's Minion View Post
    I am shocked that Super Mario 3 is as of this writing behind 1 and 2.
    Yeah, that is a bit surprising!

For me, I am having a hard time deciding between Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA) or Super Mario Galaxy... I love both of them!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!