Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Single Carded Horde Trooper Arrival & Discussion Thread

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRandorFacepalm View Post
    No, the single carded troopers have the same chest piece as the two pack. Laser Force Zodak's post might have gotten you thinking in that direction. But those figures with the Aqua Trooper heads are customized Sundar bodies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, sorry i should have said that. my aqua troopers are customized sundar bodies with fighting foe men horde symbols.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post
    That's not close enough. I make out zero difference in the eyes, cuz the photographer did not get close enough on the heads and the heads are not placed the same way. Those pics don't help.
    i tried to take pictures like you are asking for. you can see that i have to tilt the original trooper head forward to get the same effect while the new trooper head is level. compare the position of the fin. the original trooper is the one with the laser scorching

Slide2 by ThePowerSword, on Flickr
    Slide3 by ThePowerSword, on Flickr
    Slide4 by ThePowerSword, on Flickr
    Slide1 by ThePowerSword, on Flickr
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

I actually push the armor up on the OG troopers until it basically gets stuck so I can achieve the more vintage toy accurate "hidden" eye look. It's nice that this new run basically already accomplishes this with an updated design. If you look at the 4HM prototypes, it's how it was intended to be. It appears they raised the arms up to get the armor to sit up higher, but I dunno. I haven't opened my single-carded Trooper yet to take a closer look at the engineering.

Mine arrived in the UK this morning They all have nice paint apps apart from one where the black frame of the eyes has some white marks (either paint chips or white paint?) I'll probably stick that one on eBay at cost and maybe someone who can do paint touch ups will buy it

Very happy though as I got free shipping on these, used the $10 coupon AND got fast shipping too! and Mattel customer service were lovely to speak to on the phone (I spoke to Renee who had a lovely accent!) Oh and my credit card company credited me for the call too. So all ended well, but now I'm wondering whether to cancel my backorder for these as I certainly do not need any more. I placed the backorder at a point where I didn't know my order would actually arrive with me choosing the wrong shipping
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Mine arrived in the UK this morning They all have nice paint apps apart from one where the black frame of the eyes has some white marks (either paint chips or white paint?) I'll probably stick that one on eBay at cost and maybe someone who can do paint touch ups will buy it

Very happy though as I got free shipping on these, used the $10 coupon AND got fast shipping too! and Mattel customer service were lovely to speak to on the phone (I spoke to Renee who had a lovely accent!) Oh and my credit card company credited me for the call too. So all ended well, but now I'm wondering whether to cancel my backorder for these as I certainly do not need any more. I placed the backorder at a point where I didn't know my order would actually arrive with me choosing the wrong shipping
    How many did you get Blackie??? Congrats on the price, FREE S/H to the UK, & The BONUS of getting CREDIT for the pricey call from your CC company!!!!
    *Maybe you should sell the one w/ the paint blemish at cost to someone from here that lives in the UK so they can get a Trooper & the S/H won't be too high for them?
    *If you Backordered more Troopers early & get your order filled, I'm sure you could trade them, or at least sell them for cost + PLUS a wee bit for your troubles mate! So think about it!
    *Good score my man.
    (I didn't get the S10 Off as I made the order for my Horde Troopers quite frantically, because when I came on here & found out the Sale for everything else MOTUC/CG went live super early & that I had once again missed out on Rotar vs Twistoid, I just happened to read the HTs had not been available yet, & went to click on them & it said ADD to Cart, so i did! ...It was only after I saw the posts here about the $10 OFF deal, ...So I had NO excuse why I didn't do that on my second order for another CG Evil-Lyn & another General Sundar, in addition to the x2 of ea. I rec'd. w/ my 2016 subs.)
    invisibleboy - Unseen, But DEFINITELY NOT Unheard! Sorry bout it.

Quote Originally Posted by invisibleboy View Post
    How many did you get Blackie??? Congrats on the price, FREE S/H to the UK, & The BONUS of getting CREDIT for the pricey call from your CC company!!!!
    I got 7 in total (2 of which are already going to other fans for cost). The reason I had to call Mattel in the first place was because the credit card bank themselves declined the transaction and I complained about it. I've had that card over 15 years and this was the first time they declined a transaction on me so I was quite mad with them considering the Troopers had since sold out! They gave me £15 (call to Mattel cost £9.42 and the call to them £2.59)

Maybe you should sell the one w/ the paint blemish at cost to someone from here that lives in the UK so they can get a Trooper & the S/H won't be too high for them?
    I would but I rarely use the marketplace as very few folks seem to notice posts in there. eBay is easier really.

If you Backordered more Troopers early & get your order filled, I'm sure you could trade them, or at least sell them for cost + PLUS a wee bit for your troubles mate! So think about it!
    I have and I've just sent Mattel Shop an email to cancel my order. I really can't afford to pay for more of these since I plan to submit my order for the Super7 Club Grayskull wave very soon.

I didn't get the S10 Off as I made the order for my Horde Troopers quite frantically
    I actually already had the coupon added to my cart as I put a TC Skeletor vs FF He-Man (ugh!) in my cart and since that item was over $50 it made the coupon active. I then added the 7 Horde Troopers and then removed the TC/FF 2-pack from my cart before completing checkout
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

I made my own trooper heads (filmation look) since I never liked displaying the whole "eye" which is clearly a flaw in the design and makes the trooper look a lot less menacing imo

Welcome to my Shapeways shop (Filmation inspired heads and accessories)
    http://www.shapeways.com/shops/eternalcustoms
    My facebook page:
    https://m.facebook.com/eternalcustoms
    Most Wanted MOTUC: Melaktha, Kittrina, King Helios, Colossor, Zilora, Dragoon

Heroic Warrior
    Wow, Zodac, yours looks a heck of a lot better. I passed on the Horde Troopers - to the great benefit of my wallet - for the simple reason that they don't look right to my eye. Yours might have tempted me. I suppose I should be thankful!

Great work.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, Shapeways has a few Horde Trooper heads. I was thinking of getting a few. They look jut like the one in the photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodac666 View Post
    I made my own trooper heads (filmation look) since I never liked displaying the whole "eye" which is clearly a flaw in the design and makes the trooper look a lot less menacing imo
    http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/s...6/DSC_0080.jpg
    http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/s...6/DSC_0081.jpg

Got my 4 Horde Troopers in today. I was skeptical about receiving the backordered figures but they came in with no problem. A much smoother experience than DR ever provided.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Here are my new troopers with the extra heads from Sunder. I made them basically his special forces squad.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    View my collection and customs HERE!

My Troopers have arrived. I went way overboard. More pics later when I start to do an inventory.

IMG_1162.JPG
    Last edited by jscott991; June 17, 2017 at 04:12pm.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    My Troopers have arrived. I went way overboard. More pics later when I start to do an inventory.

IMG_1162.JPGAttachment 113223
    Just a little over board.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior

IMG_1162.JPGAttachment 113223
    Ha Ha. Do we even want to know how your wife reacted to that delivery? Had she been warned?

Quote Originally Posted by ian_highful View Post
    Ha Ha. Do we even want to know how your wife reacted to that delivery? Had she been warned?
    Yes, I had to warn her what was coming when the backorders started getting charged Monday. She wasn't terribly happy, but I'm still alive.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Heroic Warrior

IMG_1162.JPG
    Hope you didn't order all of them and left some for other collectors?

Quote Originally Posted by WalkerBoh View Post
    Hope you didn't order all of them and left some for other collectors?
    They are still available now. I think that the only negative effect of my ordering was on my own budget.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Heroic Warrior
    They are still available now. I think that the only negative effect of my ordering was on my own budget.
    hahaha....well played sir!

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, I had to warn her what was coming when the backorders started getting charged Monday. She wasn't terribly happy, but I'm still alive.
    Glad to hear it. Hope the collection looks awesome when you get it set up.

You could always flip them for $250 a piece on eBay. Oh wait, never mind.
    Don't turn nothing down but your collar.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ChgoMarc View Post
    You could always flip them for $250 a piece on eBay. Oh wait, never mind.
    lol. It's true that he probably wouldn't get $250, but he still might could make more. It amazes me sometimes what some figures still go for on Ebay. I see where people bid or buy it now for prices that are above what you can get a figure for off of Mattel's Ebay page. It's seems there are still a number of collectors that somehow don't know where they can still purchase some figures (Mattel shop, Mattel's Ebay page, and Wal-Mart are three good examples...with the last two being 40% off).

lol. It's true that he probably wouldn't get $250, but he still might could make more. It amazes me sometimes what some figures still go for on Ebay. I see where people bid or buy it now for prices that are above what you can get a figure for off of Mattel's Ebay page. It's seems there are still a number of collectors that somehow don't know where they can still purchase some figures (Mattel shop, Mattel's Ebay page, and Wal-Mart are three good examples...with the last two being 40% off).
    The prices have fallen a lot, and sales seem to be kind of slow.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Heroic Warrior
    I am happy these are more easier to get ahold of.

Heroic Warrior
    Hahaha! Nice! Looking forward to seeing your massive army!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Heroic Warrior
    Someone is goiong to be sleeping on the couch.

Heroic Warrior sandrockgundam04's Avatar
    Opened up most of my troopers and finally opened my wraiths to throw a quick shelf together.