Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance NETFLIX Series

The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance NETFLIX Series

This looks really cool if you ask me. Besides MOTU the Dark Crystal was one of my all time favorite fantasy franchises.

Official Announcement trailer:

Commentary video:

It sounds interesting. I'd check it out if it was on regular television and not Netflix. I was kind of hoping they'd finally make that sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    It sounds interesting. I'd check it out if it was on regular television and not Netflix. I was kind of hoping they'd finally make that sequel.
    It is more of a Prequel than a sequel. It takes place either decades or centuries before the original movie from 1982.

I am glad we are getting something a bit more major for this property.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

This should be fun! I actually liked the prequel comic about Augra's son Raunip, and I like what I've seen of the Power of the Dark Crystal sequel that's now appearing as a comic. If they can maybe do these through Netflix as follow up projects to this then I won't be sorry the sequel didn't happen (though I'm sorry Billie Whitelaw cannot return to voice Augra).

SkekTek is looking pretty cool in that teaser image. He doesn't look any younger but he does seem to have more tech on his armor/wardrobe.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Really looking forward to this. I just don't like Netflix's apparent refusal to release their properties on DVD/Blu ray.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    This should be fun! I actually liked the prequel comic about Augra's son Raunip, and I like what I've seen of the Power of the Dark Crystal sequel that's now appearing as a comic. If they can maybe do these through Netflix as follow up projects to this then I won't be sorry the sequel didn't happen (though I'm sorry Billie Whitelaw cannot return to voice Augra).

SkekTek is looking pretty cool in that teaser image. He doesn't look any younger but he does seem to have more tech on his armor/wardrobe.
    Yup i enjoy those prequel graphic novels and are quite interesting.

I've been a fan of the film for 33 years since i was 3 when i saw the original on HBO and been a fave of mine since and i have poster, DVD, blu-ray, 2-disc CD soundtrack, graphic novels, Marvel comic adaptation of the first movie and a couple of shirts. This should be nice to see practical effects and new effects together to tell the story of the history of Thra.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Hang in there, Bow! Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    More uRru! More uRru!
    Welcome to The She-Ra Photo Museum! Thousands of screencaps from Filmation's classic 1980's toon! For the Honor of Grayskull!

Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Looks awesome and it's one of my most anticipated shows of the year since i'm a huge fan of the original since i was a kid! looks like a labor of love and a passion project with the right balance, budget and all that just like Blade Runner 2049 of being true to the source materal instead of being a halfassed moneygrab insult to a franchise like Critters A New Binge, the sequels after Aliens (which was the last Alien film worth a damn), Predators/The Predator, Stinkbusters 2016, Star Wars after the original trilogy especially The Last Straw, Robocop 3/the tv show and miniseries/Robocop 2014 and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSV42j8lccg
    Looks awesome and it's one of my most anticipated shows of the year since i'm a huge fan of the original since i was a kid! looks like a labor of love and a passion project with the right balance, budget and all that just like Blade Runner 2049 of being true to the source materal instead of being a halfassed moneygrab insult to a franchise like Critters A New Binge, the sequels after Aliens (which was the last Alien film worth a damn), Predators/The Predator, Stinkbusters 2016, Star Wars after the original trilogy especially The Last Straw, Robocop 3/the tv show and miniseries/Robocop 2014 and all that.
    This looks soooo good. Sadly, you're right about the other franchises being ruined now on cinema with crappy sequels. Although, I do feel out of your list Predators was not a bad movie although The Predator was just awful (only good thing that came out of that movie is the Neca figure ). I'm beginning to think these franchises work better on TV and comics and should stay away from the big screen altogether...

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    This looks soooo good. Sadly, you're right about the other franchises being ruined now on cinema with crappy sequels. Although, I do feel out of your list Predators was not a bad movie although The Predator was just awful (only good thing that came out of that movie is the Neca figure ). I'm beginning to think these franchises work better on TV and comics and should stay away from the big screen altogether...
    What about on reboots like Ghostbusters or remakes like Elm Street and Robocop?

And do you agree Blade Runner 2049 was a sequel worthy of the first one?

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    What about on reboots like Ghostbusters or remakes like Elm Street and Robocop?

And do you agree Blade Runner 2049 was a sequel worthy of the first one?
    Bladerunner was good too. Robocop was meh and I did not see Elm Street and Ghostbusters was bad too (the only redeeming thing about the movie was Kate McKinnon).

Oh yes, I will be watching this new Dark Crystal show! I was a fan of the original as a kid, but after I re-watched it last year I do not think it held up so well. But this new one looks great
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

The Dark Crystal series looks amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    Bladerunner was good too. Robocop was meh and I did not see Elm Street and Ghostbusters was bad too (the only redeeming thing about the movie was Kate McKinnon).
    Blade Runner 2049 is an example of a retro cinematic property comeback done right with proper care, respect, passion and all for the source material and Denise whom is a fan of the first movie did justice with his sequel in excellent ways and equal to the original classic. I'm a huge fan of the original 1982 classic and i saw the sequel in theaters as i was pleasantly surprised.

Ghostbusters reboot aka Stinkbusters seems to be made for no passion, love or care for the franchise but for the sake of a quick buck and felt like an insult to the franchise with a horrid unfunny script, the main four new Ghostbusters don't have any chemistry with one another like the originals, the direction is like a dimilitarize done and all that. It lacked the intelligent brilliant script of the first film and lacked the fun of the second film plus the villain was poor as hell as he lacked the menace of Gozer and Viggo.

Even Hollywood has screwed up the Robocop franchise after 2 which i do defend part 2 as i thought it was a worthy sequel and the last time Robocop was a badass on taking no prisoners as he got watered down with 3, the tv show and miniseries and the 2014 remake aka Robocrap which are all insults to the first 2 as he needs to go back to his r-rated roots again and i hear the new Robocop returns will do just that and hopefully it delivers. Maybe even do a good video game unlike 2002's game and do an animated Hulu or Amazon series from MGM and Madhouse animation in TV-MA to be as violent and satrical as the first 2. The last Star Wars films were quite lousy even Last Jedi which was a big insult to the franchise even to kill off Luke which was unneeded and halfassed just like Alien 3 and it was the Last Straw as it burnt me out on Star Wars as i'm sticking to the original 3 films and i do like Gennedy's Clone Wars series since i'm a fan of Gennedy. Fox has ruined the Alien series after Aliens which was the last good film in the franchise as there was the lousy films being Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, AVP 1 and 2, Prometheus and Alien Convenant and each sequel after Aliens have been dismal and been diminishing returns.

Terminator has been screwed up after T2 as i felt the story ended at T2 which meant Skynet was destroyed at last and humanity never suffered from it as the chips were destroyed in the smelt as Sarah and Conner moved on. Die Hard ended with 4 as it was a nice closure to the story but 5 killed the franchise. Elm Street was a truly horrible remake with bad direction, actress who can't act her way out of a paper bag, bad direction from an amateur direction, stealing things from the other elm street films than be it's own film and Jackie whom is a good actor did a terrible Freddy, i'm sorry but Robert IS Freddy Krueger.

Ok so Predators wasn't bad but downright mediocre as it didn't offer anything new but rehash the original, now part 2 is much better as it did different things than the first movie even the setting and Danny Glover was awesome as the detective. 2 was the last good Predator film in my books but The Predator was horrendous as it turned the character into a complete joke. I love Critters 1 and 2 as they are fun low budget sci-fi horror action comedies with heart and soul yet 3 was decent but 4 was quite bad but the new A New Binge series was awful as it felt like a parody of the franchise than an actual passion project series. I mean sex jokes with krite even a krite having sex with a human woman to conceive a hybrid, a loser of a main hero, unfunny jokes, stupid references to other movies like the out of place Critters reference horrid CGI and cheap looking krites which lack the charm of the first 4 films effects on krites. It felt more like a modern Troma film than a proper critters film.

Now this new TDC prequel here seems to be taking a page from Blade Runner 2049 on handling the property with care, respect, love and giving a damn about the source material even balancing out new effects and old effects well done and doing something extra or worthwhile to the property unlike those i mentioned instead of something for the sake of a quick buck only to disrespect or insult a franchise like those ones i mentioned.
    Last edited by HarryCanyon; May 31, 2019 at 02:34pm.

I can’t wait for this. TDC is one of my favourites. I was distraught when its sequel got cancelled but delighted the prequel is a series which gives us 8 or more hours of joy instead of just 2.

Love the movie, I cannot wait to see this That preview looks amazing!
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

This is SUCH an awesome thing, only, I don't have Netflix! So, I look forward to someday seeing it.
    Welcome to The She-Ra Photo Museum! Thousands of screencaps from Filmation's classic 1980's toon! For the Honor of Grayskull!

Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Man's Minion View Post
    This is SUCH an awesome thing, only, I don't have Netflix! So, I look forward to someday seeing it.
    I was one of the original subscribers and grandfathered into their 'lower rate' for a while until their politics annoyed me and I canceled. My hubby convinced me to get it again just to watch Stranger Things and then we were supposed to cancel, but I started watching Person of Interest and I love it. I absolutely hate giving them money every month though. It is a principle thing for me.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    I was one of the original subscribers and grandfathered into their 'lower rate' for a while until their politics annoyed me and I canceled. My hubby convinced me to get it again just to watch Stranger Things and then we were supposed to cancel, but I started watching Person of Interest and I love it. I absolutely hate giving them money every month though. It is a principle thing for me.
    At least with Netflix your paying for programmes you want to watch. In the UK we have to pay a TV licence of £150 a year to fund the BBC. Which really annoys me since I don't even watch any BBC programmes.
    The BBC should just be funded by those that want to watch their programming.
    Hopefully with Netflix, Amazon and Sky things will eventually change regarding the TV licence law.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    At least with Netflix your paying for programmes you want to watch. In the UK we have to pay a TV licence of £150 a year to fund the BBC. Which really annoys me since I don't even watch any BBC programmes.
    The BBC should just be funded by those that want to watch their programming.
    Hopefully with Netflix, Amazon and Sky things will eventually change regarding the TV licence law.
    Oh wow, that is crappy. Yeah I have not had cable in almost 15 years now (I think). I used to have Hulu back when I watched the WB hero shows, but they all decided to get political and annoying so I canceled that and stopped watching. I only watch Walking Dead (through my XBox) live. The rest are usually shows I find on Netflix and start binging after they are canceled.

We used to have Satellite but we only got the free channels. Now we just get the standard terrestrial Freeview channels.
    I pay for a month of Netflix now and again but I mostly just wait until they send me a free months offer ever few months lol.
    There really isn't much need paying though when most programmes and films can be downloaded for free.

I do enjoy Netflix for some movies like Bright which is one of my fave films of 2017 and some of their animated shows even adult animation to Stranger Things and Marvel shows like Punisher and Daredevil.

This is gonna be an epic prequel no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post

I didn't know there was a prequel comic.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    I didn't even know they had "politics", lol. I just assumed everyone loved Netflix.