Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Masters of the Universe UK Comics Fan Site is LIVE!

Wonderful site.

Thank you for all your hard work and dedication.
    Editor of DWAS publication Cosmic Masque - www.dwasonline.co.uk

UK MOTU Comics Junkie Mosquitor's Avatar
    The review of Issue #7 of the MOTU UK Comics is now live!

This issue, published June 1986, features the following stories:

Droid of Destruction
    Hordak unleashes his latest invention designed to destroy He-Man - a mechanical war droid programmed to home in on He-Man's brainwave pattern, that will follow him everywhere he goes and engage him in endless combat until he is destroyed.

Double Split
    After being exposed to an enchanted material known as Cosmium, He-Man's two identities of He-Man and Prince Adam are split into two separate people. The He-Man side - savage and aggressive and lacking in memory - attacks his mortal alter ego and then all the Heroic Warriors! Can He-Man be rejoined with Prince Adam before it is too late - or will this mean the destruction of both?

Crawl Bomb
    Two Bad presents Skeletor with his latest weapon - the Crawl Bomb, a mechanical mobile bomb with enough explosives to destroy the whole of Eternos City. Eternos is evacuated and the Heroic Warriors must find a way to stop the Crawl Bomb before Skeletor detonates it.

Click below to read the review of this great issue!

https://www.motuukcomics.co.uk/motu-issue-7

issue7.jpg
    http://www.motuukcomics.co.uk

The Masters of the Universe/She-Ra UK Comics Fan Site!

This is great work, thanks for this.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

The review of Issue #8 of the MOTU UK Comics is now live! Lovecraftian demons and part 1 of the comic's first multi-part saga feature in this groundbreaking issue of the London Editions UK Comics.

This issue's stories are:

Riddle of the Sanns
    Skeletor summons the evil demon Kallu, the Lost Magician of the Sanns, to Eternia with the intention of commanding him to do his bidding. But Kallu proves too powerful for Skeletor to control and commands him instead - threatening to destroy all Eternia, Skeletor included, unless Skeletor can answer a specific riddle for him.

He-Man the Powerless
    As a total eclipse of the sun falls across Eternia, Skeletor finds his powers increasing considerably, while He-Man's powers fade to nothingness - leaving He-Man helpless against Skeletor's evil.

The Forgotten Army, Part One
    In part 1 of the comics' first multi-part epic, both the Heroic and Evil Warriors are snatched from Eternia by a spell cast by the evil wizard Polk, who intends to transfer their collective powers to his own army, itself an ancient army snatched from Eternia's history.

Click the link below to read the review!

https://www.motuukcomics.co.uk/motu-issue-8

issue8.jpg

This issue seems like a very interesting read, I shall have to try get it on evilBay some time!

Finally, the UK Comics Fan Site's review of Issue #9 is live! Apologies for the long delay in getting this review online.

Issue #9 (released July 1986) was a very memorable issue that featured the first story appearance by the Elders of Eternia themselves, as well as He-Man's first off-world adventure beyond Eternia to the planet of Teekay, and finally a story that bears a striking resemblance to two particular episodes of the Filmation series. The stories are:

The Forgotten Army, Part 2
    In the second part of the comics' first multi-part saga, Skeletor and the Evil Warriors - transported back in time to Eternia's past - imprison the Elders of Eternia, set to change the course of history by preventing Castle Grayskull from being built.

The Planet of Plants
    When Battle Cat is near-fatally poisoned by Hordak, He-Man must travel to the alien world of Teekay - a planet overrun by intelligent plants - to obtain the alien plant that provides the only cure for Battle Cat's illness. But will the super-intelligent plants, with their distrust of humans, comply?

The Unwanted Gift
    Queen Marlena is turned to stone by a gift brought by a disguised Skeletor, and He-Man and Man-At-Arms must travel to the undersea city of Merlantis to obtain the only cure for the spell. But when they arrive, they find the usually peaceful Merlanteans enslaved and brainwashed by Mer-Man.

Read the summaries and reviews of the stories by clicking on the link below!

https://www.motuukcomics.co.uk/motu-issue-9

issue9.jpg

The review of Issue #10 is now live! This epic issue (released July 1986) features the following three stories:

City of Glass
    Hordak uses his latest invention to turn the whole of Eternos City - people and buildings - into glass, and threatens to shatter the entire city unless He-Man agrees to leave Eternia.

The Forgotten Army, Part Three
    In the conclusion to the 3-part epic, the missing Elders of Eternia are brought to Polk's dimension to face off against his army and restore the warriors of Eternia to their own time zones.

When Strikes... The Faker
    He-Man and Man-At-Arms journey to a remote fishing village to investigate reports of He-Man attacking innocent villagers and committing acts of great destruction. Upon arrival, He-Man is amazed to find himself face-to-face with possibly his most dangerous opponent yet - Faker, an evil villain created in his exact likeness and with near-identical strength.

Click below to read the review!

https://www.motuukcomics.co.uk/motu-issue-10

issue10.jpg

The review of Issue #11 of the MOTU UK Comics is live!

Issue #11, published August 1986, features some great moments including Skeletor commanding an air army, and a homage to the Star Trek series with a Western touch as He-Man and Skeletor are pitted against one another in a wild west-style horse race! The Filmation cartoon series paid homage to the classic Star Trek episode "Arena" with its episodes "The Arena" and "The Games" - see the UK Comics' own homage to that particular Star Trek episode in this issue!

This issue features the following stories::

Hordak's Captives
    Hordak captures a tribe of Dinoreps and threatens to destroy them unless He-Man agrees to don strength-sapping Electro-Bonds and become his slave.

Skeletor: Lord of the Air
    Stratos is captured by an army of flying evil creatures called Grangers, whom it transpires are Skeletor's new air army, being trained at an Air School for an impending attack on Eternos City.

The Space Race
    Two aliens make planet-fall on Eternia and capture both He-Man and Skeletor, pitting them against one another in a race, the outcome of which will settle a centuries-long war on the aliens' homeworld.

We also get a teaser for the introduction of She-Ra in the next issue, which will come with a free She-Ra comic!

Click below to read the review of this issue!

https://www.motuukcomics.co.uk/motu-issue-11
    issue11.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    This has the potential to be a great site. I never saw these comics when they were published, so this is interesting to see. I want to know more about the characters from literature sources.

But may I make a request to drop the central text alignment in favour of left-aligned or justified text? And more paragraphs? It's really hard to read in its current format, and the Wix template looks squished on a tablet.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    This has the potential to be a great site. I never saw these comics when they were published, so this is interesting to see. I want to know more about the characters from literature sources.

But may I make a request to drop the central text alignment in favour of left-aligned or justified text? And more paragraphs? It's really hard to read in its current format, and the Wix template looks squished on a tablet.
    I may consider doing something like that - I had actually been thinking of dropping the Times New Roman font in favour of a sans-serif one since it seems most people find the latter easier to read.

Would you prefer left-aligned with the pictures on the right as opposed to all being centre-aligned? I try to break up paragraphs and include a picture in between when things are getting lengthy, but if readers feel there are still too many large blocks of text I'll consider breaking things up more.

Professor SkeleTorbeck Streamside's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosquitor View Post
    I may consider doing something like that - I had actually been thinking of dropping the Times New Roman font in favour of a sans-serif one since it seems most people find the latter easier to read.

Would you prefer left-aligned with the pictures on the right as opposed to all being centre-aligned? I try to break up paragraphs and include a picture in between when things are getting lengthy, but if readers feel there are still too many large blocks of text I'll consider breaking things up more.
    For the sake of scrolling, left aligned or justified text, with photos in-line works great. I agree that that the centered text is more difficult. I actually like serif fonts like Georgia and perpetua and palatino, but some folks hate them for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

Quote Originally Posted by Streamside View Post
    For the sake of scrolling, left aligned or justified text, with photos in-line works great. I agree that that the centered text is more difficult. I actually like serif fonts like Georgia and perpetua and palatino, but some folks hate them for some reason.
    I had been expecting a makeover may be necessary somewhere along the lines as I know the site has a very old-school, 90s Internet feel to it, so may be necessary to move with the times! I've been asking around about layout recommendations so thanks for your suggestions - I'll try and put aside some time before the next reviews are added to give the site a makeover.

Any further suggestions please let me know!

Personally I don't mind TNR, however, when I've ever done a website, I usually either go with Aerial, or Century Gothic, which I find to be the nicest looking of the two. I definitely agree more paragraphs would make it easier to read, especially for someone with dyslexia like me and Justified would make things look tidier, though the substance of what's written is most important to me.

So all said, great review, and it does look an interesting issue. I really liked the bit at the beginning with them working out in the gym, though I do find that a little cheesy, kinda like the moral in that He-Man episode, where he and Teela are having a jog, but it does drive home the message to keep fit and staying fit requires regular work.... still find it very cheesy! Plus, I have the She-Ra Preview Issue shown at the end, yay!

Apologies for the lack of activity on this site as late - I've had loads of different projects on the go and so the site has unfortunately had to take a backseat for the time being.

I am getting back to work on it now though and am currently working on the revamp so it should be easier to read - any suggestions or requests, please send them my way!

This possibly isn't the right thread to ask this on, but I had a MOTU comic when I was young, which had a story in it about He-Man and Webstor teaming up to investigate something - possibly an alien ship (?). I remember enjoying the ambiguity of Webstor's character in this story, and I always subsequently pictured him as a potential convert to He-Man's side. Does anyone know what comic this was, and where I might find it to read again? (I've had a look through Mosquitor's fantastic site, but haven't found it, though I may just not be looking carefully enough, knowing me.)
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by OwenMorton View Post
    This possibly isn't the right thread to ask this on, but I had a MOTU comic when I was young, which had a story in it about He-Man and Webstor teaming up to investigate something - possibly an alien ship (?). I remember enjoying the ambiguity of Webstor's character in this story, and I always subsequently pictured him as a potential convert to He-Man's side. Does anyone know what comic this was, and where I might find it to read again? (I've had a look through Mosquitor's fantastic site, but haven't found it, though I may just not be looking carefully enough, knowing me.)
    Might be Issue #22 (1987)

http://www.he-man.org/publishing/ite...06&image=11463
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Yep, that's the one - thanks Jukka! Great to read that again!
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Widget
    Hi there,

what happend to the project? The website is not working anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by WindRaider2020 View Post
    Hi there,

what happend to the project? The website is not working anymore.
    It's down for maintenance at the moment - I meant to post about that here but it slipped my mind; sorry about that. The site is undergoing a major redesign, but the work is close to complete and the new comic reviews are currently in the works (including the debut of the She-Ra section) so I hope to have it back online within another two weeks!

Widget
    Good to hear! Thanks for the update – can‘t wait for the new design. Keep up the great work.

Welcome, Young (and Old) Warriors...

The Masters of the Universe UK Comics Fan Site is back online, and relaunched with a brand new look and new features!

The site has been given a major redesign to make it easier on the eye and easier to read, and along with the new look I am proud to present you with two new comic reviews, including the debut of our She-Ra: Princess of Power review section!

As well as a review of MOTU Issue #12 we have our first She-Ra comic review for you with the review of the Preview Issue of She-Ra that came free with the aforementioned MOTU comic. We will be following this soon with a review of Issue #1 of the regular fortnightly She-Ra comic series!

Thank you to all followers of the site for your patience while the site has been down for the overhaul. Special thanks go to Jukka Issakainen, Jacob W. Torbeck, and of course Brian Clarke for their assistance with the redesign. (All graphics by Jukka Issakainen - Artist.) I promise it will not take so long before the next update; there are many more exciting features to come on the site!

Enjoy the new look website and please don't hesitate to get in touch with any feedback or requests!

https://www.motuukcomics.co.uk/

The new site look great Aidan, glad to see it back
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

This will be awesome, I look forward to checking out the site as soon as possible.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

The UK Comics Fan Site now features a blog section, which will be updated from time to time with posts related to random subject matters relating to the UK Comics...

We start with a post addressing how the UK She-Ra comics gave Shadow Weaver the name Light Spinner prior to her transformation into the mistress of dark magic... Yet many fans mistakenly believe this name comes from the Filmation cartoon series (which did include a similar origin for Shadow Weaver but did NOT say what her original name was). In this blog post I clear up the confusion over the name Light Spinner and explain how the confusion all arose...

Feel free to share this post far and wide (particularly if you see anyone crediting the name Light Spinner to Filmation, to set them straight!)...

https://www.motuukcomics.co.uk/post/...-not-filmation

Great post on Light Spinner, looking forward to future blog posts.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one