Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Castlevania series (finally) coming to Netflix!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I thought it was only 100 unless something changed.
    Originally, Dracula was only supposed to return every 100 years... but, certain incidences occurred during these hundred-year cycles that led to early resurrections. One of the most stunning was when the dark priest Shaft possessed Richter Belmont in order for him to bring back Dracula so that his battle "will last an eternity."

Also, it is interesting to note that Dracula states, "It was not by my hand that I am once again given flesh... I was called here by humans who wish to pay me tribute." This suggests that Dracula is growing weary of this eternal cycle of death and resurrection and may want to finally be left alone - either in death or solitude...

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Trevor was Simon's grandfather and Dracula returns every 100 years (give or take.)
    This depends on which canon the information comes from. The Mercury Steam version has made Simon the son of Trevor and Sypha Belmont, and Trevor the son of Gabriel Belmont, a.k.a Dracul, meaning "Devil" (Dracula). This version also goes so far as to turn Trevor into the half-vampire son of Gabriel and Marie Belmont, better known as Alucard.

At first I wanted nothing to do with this shifting of the Belmont lineage, but after reading deeper into the tragedies that befall Gabriel and the fate of Trevor, which mirrors his father's, it really becomes a competent retelling. And, after all is said and done, it makes Simon a bada$$ all over again.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

I enjoyed the miniseries so far and am eager to see additional episodes.

Once this story is done it allows for other games to be adapted, no need for Simon to time travel.

A big problem with the game's anon and timeline is that they poorly planned things out early on, and IGA decided to purge any game from canon he didn't personally care for, some he just didn't work on, or games that sold poorly which made an even bigger mess. Some of his reasons were idiotic, such as removing Sonia because as he put it, "it's unrealistic for a woman at the time to have been a hero". He's worried about realism in a series with vampires and werewolves? It was a flimsy reason and he's been called out for it a lot, rightfully so.

We're probably lucky the series got made at all, what with Konami's recent boneheaded decisions such as focusing on pachinko machines and killing their gaming division. Neca has said that Konami has been very difficult to work with lately on the Contra toy license or getting new Castlevania stuff out.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    A big problem with the game's anon and timeline is that they poorly planned things out early on, and IGA decided to purge any game from canon he didn't personally care for, some he just didn't work on, or games that sold poorly which made an even bigger mess. Some of his reasons were idiotic, such as removing Sonia because as he put it, "it's unrealistic for a woman at the time to have been a hero". He's worried about realism in a series with vampires and werewolves? It was a flimsy reason and he's been called out for it a lot, rightfully so.
    Actually, the real reason that Koji Igarashi removed Legends from the official timeline is because he wanted to introduce Mathias Cronqvist and his tragic decisions that led to his becoming Dracula. Castlevania Lament of Innocence is the beginning of the Belmont / Dracula confrontation, and IGA would not have been able to tell Dracula's origin story with Legends already claiming to be the first meeting of a Belmont and Dracula - so, it was scrapped. It's no secret that Igarashi does not like Legends, he has said that "Legends remains something of an embarrassment for the series... if only that development team had the guidance of the original team of the series." Meaning that he dislikes the actual gameplay and level designs.

Other games were removed for similar reasons (Circle of the Moon and CV 64), while some were "Dream match" type games where every generation is brought together (Harmony of Despair and Judgment), and lastly, some were a complete retelling of the Castlevania myth (Lords of Shadow Trilogy).

Koji Igarashi gets a lot of criticism, some of it warranted and some not, regardless, the games that he was lead producer on were all well-received (even the 3D titles) and his heart was always in the right place when he was with Konami. My biggest regret with IGA is that he lost focus on the Belmont family (which may have been by choice, seeing as how Castlevania is actually Dracula's story, and not the Belmont's...)

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    We're probably lucky the series got made at all, what with Konami's recent boneheaded decisions such as focusing on pachinko machines and killing their gaming division. Neca has said that Konami has been very difficult to work with lately on the Contra toy license or getting new Castlevania stuff out.
    There is talk of Konami considering a new Castlevania game if the Netflix series does well and creates demand for it. Whether or not this will be a continuation of the original timeline, or a whole new story remains to be seen...

Also, speaking of Neca, Lords of Shadow was a license that they pursued, but ultimately decided against because of poor sales on the last CV toy line. I am hoping, beyond hope, that we get some new figures based on Castlevania after this Netflix series hits season 2... I don't care if they are based on the show or the games, I just want some new figures!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Nic I felt like the final episode really did a decent job of explaining that:
    True. Also,

he had the one priest make holy water and it worked, which is kind of saying something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    It's not for kids, it's an adult animated thing like Akira and Ninja Scroll
    Okay, but it's on Netflix. Lots of kids and teens have full access to Netflix. And those are the ones that I worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    True. Also,

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, but it's on Netflix. Lots of kids and teens have full access to Netflix. And those are the ones that I worry about.
    I believe there's a rating system or parental control for Netflix, I remember my dad start episode 1 on Orange is the New Black bathroom scene in front of the kids, I just laugh at that and shook my head on disbelief. But I agree with you combining Netflix with Video Game would attract a lot of kids but it cater for us Gen X gamers.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

Finally some updates!

Castlevania the series will return to Netflix this summer... from DigitalSpy.com:

"The second season of Castlevania has bagged itself a ballpark return date.

The fantasy series will return to Netflix in summer 2018, as confirmed by show writer Warren Ellis on Twitter.

"FAQ: people keep asking, so I guess word didn't get around?" He said. "We're coming back this summer, for eight episodes, from Netflix."

— Wᴀʀʀᴇɴ Eʟʟɪs (@warrenellis) January 19, 2018

As well as returning to screens relatively quickly after debuting on Netflix in July 2017, Castlevania season two will also feature double the number of episodes of its four-part predecessor.

The eight-episode second run will see vampire hunter Trevor Belmont (voiced by Richard Armitage) return as he fights to save a besieged city from an army of otherworldly creatures controlled by Dracula.

Graham McTavish will also be back as Dracula, as will Alejandra Reynoso (as the powerfully magic Sypha Belnades) and James Callis as Alucard (Dracula's son).

After negotiating the series through development hell for 10 years before it debuted on Netflix, Ellis will also be back in the driver's seat, so it's in good hands."

"Castlevania debuted to pretty impressive reviews last year, and we look forward to seeing how that season one cliffhanger finale resolves itself."

I CANNOT wait!!!

My mom gave me access to Netflix and I just score 2 episode of Castlevania. I love the fact that he is

Reluctant hero because since Vlad Tepes destroy Wallachia with demons? all of the vampire hunter were shunned because they're not helping out during the catastrophe. I love the Bar fight argument about Belmont lack of support. I'm sure the finale for the whole series is about Vlad is actually Gabriel Belmont. (Hint hint: Castlevania 3 and Lords of Shadow)

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    My mom gave me access to Netflix and I just score 2 episode of Castlevania. I love the fact that he is
    I'm glad you finally got to see this series!

I really thought that it turned out great, if not a bit too short...

Although, I disagree,

I don't think that Dracula will revealed to be Gabriel Belmont. That was a twist that Mercury Steam created for their Lords of Shadow trilogy, and does not reflect the traditional history of Vlad Tepes, which was told in CV III, and used for the groundwork of the animated series.

Professor SkeleTorbeck Streamside's Avatar
    Man, I am hungry for more of this. Any word on release date, anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

I still need to check this out. I never played the games, but I am intrigued. Maybe now that summer vacation is coming up, I'll get a chance.
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

Professor SkeleTorbeck Streamside's Avatar
    You could do it in a couple of sittings, Uki - short season. Absolutely not for children, though. Extreme violence and language.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

Quote Originally Posted by Streamside View Post
    Man, I am hungry for more of this. Any word on release date, anyone?
    It's looking like July for the release of season two.

But the greatest news just sent out today: Castlevania is secured for Season 3

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/castlev...son-3-renewal/

But the greatest news just sent out today: Castlevania is secured for Season 3

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/castlev...son-3-renewal/
    Woooooot!!

I am so stoked for season 2 that I don't even know how to react to this news!

I do know that I am glad to hear it, although it also means that season 2 will most likely end on another cliffhanger....

It's ashamed that I didn't notice this news earlier. But.... here it is.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ne.../1100-6460216/

Castlevania Season 2: 10/26/2018 This fall, for Season two.

It's ashamed that I didn't notice this news earlier. But.... here it is.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ne.../1100-6460216/

Castlevania Season 2: 10/26/2018 This fall, for Season two.
    Wow... I didn't see this!

Thanks for the heads up. Last I read, it was scheduled for July...

Man, October is a looooong wait... grrrr.

Yeap, Castlevania animation series will get physical release.

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/1020062235169902592

Yeap, Castlevania animation series will get physical release.

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/1020062235169902592
    Nice!

I'll buy it for sure! I really hope that sales of the physical release are strong... it will show the producers that Castlevania is a viable property and the proceeds from the sales can help fund more episodes!

Heroic Warrior
    Sorry but 4 episodes does not make a "season". Otherwise it was at least interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    Sorry but 4 episodes does not make a "season". Otherwise it was at least interesting.
    Yeah, I think this was the most disappointing aspect of the season... many people were flat out angry about it.

I think it might be the shortest "season" in Netflix history.

Feast your eyes and awe at the season 2 trailer for Castlevania!

I can't wait!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Feast your eyes and awe at the season 2 trailer for Castlevania!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kbb8zPQBmOw

I can't wait!!!!
    Awesome. I enjoyed the first season.

Quote Originally Posted by MJOLNIR View Post
    Awesome. I enjoyed the first season.
    I know, I'm stoked!

Even though season 2 is twice as long as season 1, it's still just a measly 8 episodes....

Fortunately, Richard Armitage revealed the fact that season 3 is already in the works. Hopefully we can get a full 13 episode season by that time!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I know, I'm stoked!

Even though season 2 is twice as long as season 1, it's still just a measly 8 episodes....

Fortunately, Richard Armitage revealed the fact that season 3 is already in the works. Hopefully we can get a full 13 episode season by that time!!
    Cool, the only thing that I may have criticized from season 1 is that it was quite too short. I do really love the way that we can get an adult action/fantasy animated show.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread