Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Castlevania series (finally) coming to Netflix!

.....wow.... just, wow.

I was not prepared for what transpired in season 3...

So many incredible moments... slowed down by overly long plot set-up. But, as usual, the end of the season was totally worth the wait!

Now... Season 3 ends on a HUGE cliffhanger!!! How can they do this to us?!?!?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

I'm sure they haven't said squat, but I'll ask it anyway....Any word on season 4? This is the downside of watching shows while they're still running as the wait for the next season becomes brutal.

I enjoyed it. Thought for sure Dracs was making a return at the end, but I guess they're saving that for later.

Only real complaint although, it's easy to somewhat easy to ignore I suppose, was that the dialogue is rough at times. It kinda reminds you of some poor attempt at some Anime translation that fell short.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    I'm sure they haven't said squat, but I'll ask it anyway....Any word on season 4? This is the downside of watching shows while they're still running as the wait for the next season becomes brutal.

I enjoyed it. Thought for sure Dracs was making a return at the end, but I guess they're saving that for later.

Only real complaint although, it's easy to somewhat easy to ignore I suppose, was that the dialogue is rough at times. It kinda reminds you of some poor attempt at some Anime translation that fell short.
    Yeah, the dialogue definitely comes out of left-field sometimes... especially when a character blurts out an expletive with no real reason to do it.

And, thinking on it more, one thing I am really upset about is the absolute golden opportunity that was missed when they failed to include Grant DaNasty (again...)

I mean, this season had an entire freaking segment devoted to a SHIP, a CREW and SAILING!!! And Grant is a freakin' PIRATE!!! ...... it just feels like a slap in the face at this point.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    ?????
    Simon Belmont won't be born for another 100 years! How could he make an appearance in this show?
    It seems like they are loosely adapting the games in canon order. The series started with Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse. Now the series is on Curse of Darkness from PS2 and XBox.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    It seems like they are loosely adapting the games in canon order. The series started with Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse. Now the series is on Curse of Darkness from PS2 and XBox.
    Yeah, I can see what they're doing with the chronology... but, they skipped Leon Belmont's whole story. (And he is canon in the Netflix-verse because he was featured in seasons 2 and 3.)

There are many reasons why this could be. Maybe the showrunners didn't want to lessen the impact of Vlad's love for Maria by showing his true origin story (he was originally madly in love with Elisabetha and, when she died, Vlad -then known as Mathias Conqvist- felt betrayed by God.)

Or, perhaps, the studio just wanted to retcon that version of Dracula altogether...

Either way, we won't see Simon very soon if they are sticking with chronological canon. Next up will be Christopher Belmont and his struggle to save his son, Soleil, from the clutches of Dracula. Personally, I would love to see this story adapted by the Netflix team because it can really be fleshed out and made into something special.

I'm going to have to rewatch it. I found this series a bit flat and it didn't hold my attention as much. But maybe it caught me in the wrong mood.

I enjoy the show, but without going into detail since that would make it Tar Swamp material, I could do without the heavy dose of religion. I do hope the new MOTU cartoon done by the same animation company isn't this violent.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I enjoy the show, but without going into detail since that would make it Tar Swamp material, I could do without the heavy dose of religion. I do hope the new MOTU cartoon done by the same animation company isn't this violent.
    I agree with this.

There is definitely some excessive violence and a strong focus on religion/cultism for sure, but my gripe is with the unnecessary graphic sex scenes.

They just seemed completely out of place...

Heroic Warrior
    Castlevania season 4 will debut on Netflix on May 13. There will be 10 episodes and this will be the final season. However, there is expected to be more Castlevania stories in the future. Maybe those stories will involve Simon Belmont?

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    Castlevania season 4 will debut on Netflix on May 13. There will be 10 episodes and this will be the final season. However, there is expected to be more Castlevania stories in the future. Maybe those stories will involve Simon Belmont?
    This had better be the case!!

How is it that we continually see new seasons of shows like Arthur, Adventure Time, Teen Titans GO!, Phineas and Ferb, etc.. yet, we have to fight tooth-and-nail for shows like Castlevania to be renewed?!?

This had better be the case!!

How is it that we continually see new seasons of shows like Arthur, Adventure Time, Teen Titans GO!, Phineas and Ferb, etc.. yet, we have to fight tooth-and-nail for shows like Castlevania to be renewed?!?
    because it the USA and animated shows and movies are a harder sell for adult audiences because a majority of people still think cartoons are for children.
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    because it the USA and animated shows and movies are a harder sell for adult audiences because a majority of people still think cartoons are for children.
    Very true... but, then I think of shows like Family Guy, Simpsons, Archer and American Dad.

These examples are geared toward an adult audience, have thoroughly run their course - and then some!

Season 4 Trailer!

Holy.... smokes!!

This looks *EPIC*

It sounds like they could be setting this up for the next Belmont Lineage...

Heroic Warrior
    Holy.... smokes!!

This looks *EPIC*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7iWXfZzEMc

It sounds like they could be setting this up for the next Belmont Lineage...
    Love it! Can't wait!

It looks good! Looking forward to this as well.
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

I'll skip the trailer so's not to spoil anything, but for a show I was lukewarm about at the beginning, I'm pretty excited to see how this all wraps up. It's also fun watching this show and trying to imagine what this studio has done with MOTU. I also just nudged my husband to apply for one of the positions opening up at Powerhouse here in Austin, so it'll either be "the studio that made the new He-Man series just hired you!" or "they sent you a rejection email! Print it up and stick it on the fridge!"
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I'll skip the trailer so's not to spoil anything, but for a show I was lukewarm about at the beginning, I'm pretty excited to see how this all wraps up.
    I'm hoping for some kind of bridge into the next generation of Belmonts to carry the burden.

I'm hoping for some kind of bridge into the next generation of Belmonts to carry the burden.
    I see the ending that Dracula has come back and we time jump to see Simon take on the mantle...

Season 4 artwork!

So, rumor has it that this will be the end of Trevor's / Sypha's story... but, the "world of Castlevania" will continue with a new show full of an entirely new cast of characters!!

This sounds extremely promising!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Limited Run Games will be releasing the physical version of the Castlevania Anniversary Collection!

It will be offered in four distinct styles with different goodies attached to each... I have my eye on the Ultimate Edition.

Is $175.00 too much for a collection of 8- and 16-bit games? No. Not at all.

Check it out here:

https://www.limitedrungames.com/coll...timate-edition

I'm curious if the show will have a definite ending or not. Did they know this was going to be the final season going into it?

I'm curious if the show will have a definite ending or not. Did they know this was going to be the final season going into it?
    I have a feeling they're either going for Simon Belmont story or having a new backstory on another Belmont member journey, I doubt this will be the end, people would be mad if this is the last one.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

Even before Warren Ellis left the project, season 4 was always meant to be the end of the first arc.

Depending on how it was going to be received, the producers always wanted to keep the "world" of the animated Castlevania open for future projects, specifically those not focused on Trevor Belmont. (Similar to how Troll Hunters became a part of the "Tales of Arcadia" world...)

Reception for Castlevania has been a runaway success... so I'm sure that Netflix will green-light another project set in the same universe.

Professor SkeleTorbeck Streamside's Avatar
    Very excited for this and would love for the second arc to incorporate Simon. I was just whistling “Daylight” from Simon’s Quest earlier today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

Also, Limited Run Games will be releasing the physical version of the Castlevania Anniversary Collection!

It will be offered in four distinct styles with different goodies attached to each... I have my eye on the Ultimate Edition.

Is $175.00 too much for a collection of 8- and 16-bit games? No. Not at all.

Maybe the collectibles would be cool but I'd have a hard time paying that much for those games knowing I could buy an emulator for around that price. An emulator that would come with those and about 26,000 other games.
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post

Maybe the collectibles would be cool but I'd have a hard time paying that much for those games knowing I could buy an emulator for around that price. An emulator that would come with those and about 26,000 other games.
    The Emulation, a legal compilation ones only cost like 38 dollars in Steam, as far as I can recall.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.