Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Castlevania series (finally) coming to Netflix!

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    The Emulation, a legal compilation ones only cost like 38 dollars in Steam, as far as I can recall.
    Yes, that's what this collection actually is.

It was released as a digital-only compilation on PS4, Switch and Steam last year... now, the folks at Limited Run Games are making a physical version of it.

Of course, I already own every. single. version. of each one of these games ever released, Japanese, N.A. and PAL... (I have a Castlevania weakness/sickness...)

But, I'm mostly in it for the goodies that come along with the package!

Back in 2015, I bought the PCEngine Memories "Belmont Survival Kit" celebrating the (almost) 25th anniversary of Dracula X: Chi no Rondo...

Do not ask me what I payed for this.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Holy cripes!!! Season 4 is AWESOME!

This season has so many easter-eggs and incredible action sequences that I had to watch it twice in order to take it all in!

The animation, episode 9 in particular, is beautiful... and long-time CV fans should be pleased with the way in which this story arc concludes (though, I still have a few nits...)

During Netflix Geeked Week, it was confirmed that a new series is being produced in the Castlevania universe.

This time, it will feature Richter Belmont and Maria Renard!!

Details are scarce right now, but IGN mentioned that Richter is the son of Trevor and Sypha?!? Uhhh, no. Not even close.

I truly hope that this is just a misprint, otherwise it would wipe out all of Christopher, Solieyu, Simon, and Juste's existences...

Anyway, a game like Rondo of Blood (Dracula X) was made for a show like this. I cannot wait to see how awesome they make Richter in the new show... and, will Maria be her young self, or adult self from Symphony of the Night?

Animation will continue to be handled by Powerhouse (the same group behind MOTU Revelation).

Read more here:

https://collider.com/castlevania-anime-spinoff-netflix/

https://www.ign.com/articles/netflix...stlevania-show

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/new...tion-and-more/

Professor SkeleTorbeck Streamside's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    During Netflix Geeked Week, it was confirmed that a new series is being produced in the Castlevania universe.

This time, it will feature Richter Belmont and Maria Renard!!

Details are scarce right now, but IGN mentioned that Richter is the son of Trevor and Sypha?!? Uhhh, no. Not even close.

I truly hope that this is just a misprint, otherwise it would wipe out all of Christopher, Solieyu, Simon, and Juste's existences...

Anyway, a game like Rondo of Blood (Dracula X) was made for a show like this. I cannot wait to see how awesome they make Richter in the new show... and, will Maria be her young self, or adult self from Symphony of the Night?

Animation will continue to be handled by Powerhouse (the same group behind MOTU Revelation).

Read more here:

https://collider.com/castlevania-anime-spinoff-netflix/

https://www.ign.com/articles/netflix...stlevania-show

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/new...tion-and-more/
    This is very good news. I enjoyed this series immensely, and am excited for the next installment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

Quote Originally Posted by Streamside View Post
    This is very good news. I enjoyed this series immensely, and am excited for the next installment!
    Netflix released a statement correcting the typo... Richter is NOT the son of Sypha and Trevor.

Which makes sense because this series will be set in 1792 France, against the backdrop of the French Revolution no less. (That would have made Richter a 300 year old protagonist...)

Super interested in what they do with this!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    You guys realize that Greta the leader of Dinesti was a reimagined Grant DaNasty?

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    You guys realize that Greta the leader of Dinesti was a reimagined Grant DaNasty?
    This was a popular rumor making the rounds for quite awhile... before that, it was the captain of the ship in season 3 who was a reimagined Grant.

But... executive producer Kevin Kolde recently confirmed in an interview that "Greta of Danesti is not a purposeful reference to Grant DaNasty. In fact, the similarities are a bit of a real-world coincidence, because Danesti is an actual village in Romania where Wallachia once existed."

Sadly, the show completely dismissed one of the Holy Quartet... a character that many fans, myself included, really love.

Reports said that producer Adi Shankar was just not a fan of the character, and when asked about Grant after season one debuted he said, "I wouldn’t even say that there are plans...”

Complete missed opportunity...

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    This was a popular rumor making the rounds for quite awhile... before that, it was the captain of the ship in season 3 who was a reimagined Grant.

But... executive producer Kevin Kolde recently confirmed in an interview that "Greta of Danesti is not a purposeful reference to Grant DaNasty. In fact, the similarities are a bit of a real-world coincidence, because Danesti is an actual village in Romania where Wallachia once existed."

Sadly, the show completely dismissed one of the Holy Quartet... a character that many fans, myself included, really love.

Reports said that producer Adi Shankar was just not a fan of the character, and when asked about Grant after season one debuted he said, "I wouldn’t even say that there are plans...”

Complete missed opportunity...
    Whoa! Thanks for the info!

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Castlevania Advance Collection - Available NOW!!

Just in time for Halloween!

Unfortunately, this collection doesn't feature any of the DS Castlevania entries...

Hopefully, they will be a part of another collection soon.

What's here though, is pretty good... it has:

-Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
    -Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance
    -Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
    -Castlevania Dracula X (SNES)

All great games (the inclusion of Drac X is a bit weird...), but Aria of Sorrow is, by far, my favorite of the GBA games. And, Soma is just a [email protected] character!

Heroic Warrior
    Holy cripes!!! Season 4 is AWESOME!

This season has so many easter-eggs and incredible action sequences that I had to watch it twice in order to take it all in!

The animation, episode 9 in particular, is beautiful... and long-time CV fans should be pleased with the way in which this story arc concludes (though, I still have a few nits...)
    I really loved the season too! I can't wait for the next adventure!

SOOOOO happy for the Advance collection. Now we just have the absolutely incredible DS collection and I'll be satisfied. Dawn of Sorrow is my personal favorite Castlevania game (and I've been around since the original CV was in arcades). But all of the DS did some incredible things with their environments and enemies. They just need a workaround for the touchscreen parts.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Quote Originally Posted by Galmorzu View Post
    SOOOOO happy for the Advance collection. Now we just have the absolutely incredible DS collection and I'll be satisfied. Dawn of Sorrow is my personal favorite Castlevania game (and I've been around since the original CV was in arcades). But all of the DS did some incredible things with their environments and enemies. They just need a workaround for the touchscreen parts.
    YES!

A Castlevania DS Collection would be amazing!!

-Dawn of Sorrow
    -Portrait of Ruin
    -Order of Ecclesia

They could eliminate the stylus controls altogether because it wasn't that big of an inclusion in the first place... more of a 'tack-on.'

In Portrait of Ruin, they could easily just give Loretta and Stella a standard control scheme.

(Also, it would be a dream come true if they added Eric and John as playable characters in Portrait!! (Using their Genesis/Mega Drive sprites!) )