View Poll Results: IF Snake Mountain happens, what playset would you like to have next?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fright Zone (vintage inspired)

19 13.01%
  • Fright Zone (Filmation inspired)

7 4.79%
  • Fright Zone (combo of vintage and Filmation inspired)

31 21.23%
  • Crystal Castle (vintage inspired)

6 4.11%
  • Crystal Castle (Filmation inspired)

8 5.48%
  • Crystal Castle (combo of vintage and Filmation inspired)

13 8.90%
  • Slime Pit (vintage inspired)

36 24.66%
  • Three Towers (vintage Eternia inspired)

10 6.85%
  • Eternos Palace (Filmation/MYP inspired)

12 8.22%
  • Whisperings Woods (Filmation inspired)

2 1.37%
  • Horror Hall (Filmation inspired)

1 0.68%
  • Mystacor (Filmation inspired)

0 0%
  • Zalesia (MYP inspired)

1 0.68%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IF Snake Mountain happens, what Playset would you like next?

Heroic Warrior

IF Snake Mountain happens, what Playset would you like next?

Someone mentioned the Slime Pit on a different poll's thread, and it got me to thinking about playsets. Now, I know this is assuming A LOT; but let's say we do get a Snake Mountain playset and Super 7 decides larger items like that are worth the time and effort (though maybe not as large). Which playset would you like to see them do? I am listing some vintage ones, but some new ideas as well. If anyone has a new idea I didn't think of, please mention it in a post. Others may agree with you.

Combo Crystal Castle for me!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Even though I love all of the options, I had to go with the Slime Pit!

I cannot deny the absolute fun I had with this set when I received it as a birthday gift back in '86...

The Real Ghostbusters may have popularized the toy 'slime', but it was the Slime Pit that did it right!!

Also, that artwork!

We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Based on Snake Mountain mixing vintage and Filmation so well, I'd like the same treatment for Fright Zone.
    I have seen what others have not seen!

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    I wouldn't like the idea of a mix for a Fright zone at this stage of the game,
    to speak quite frankly.

Their aesthetics in addition to their nature are radically opposed.
    And I think that there must be exceptions to each regulation, in this specific example, I'd humbly suggest to apply it.

They could go with the vintage replica first, then,
    working on a spare parts concept as a second run.

It'd be fun to collect each & every pieces
    of it until you get your entire industrial stronghold for Hordak.
    Last edited by OnlyOneSkeletor; May 28, 2017 at 09:00am.
    NEW ALBUM "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

Heroic Warrior
    Slime pit all the way! Maybe a slime pit he-man to top it off

Combo Fright Zone for me. There were many great choices in this poll that made it difficult to decide on just one. I only wish Lady Slither's Lair had been added. The Snakemen need a new base since Skelly has Snake Mountain.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

C'mon, no Mutant Slime Pit from 200X/MYP? In all honesty, it would likely be the least wanted one for MOTUC.
    I have seen what others have not seen!

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    A perfect combo between filmation and vintage fright zone would be great
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:[email protected] $$$$$

Since I mainly collect the Horde, it'd be awesome to have a Fright Zone playset to stage them on.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    The Fright Zone (vintage inspired) for me. In all fairness, Crystal Castle should logically come next after Snake Mountain but I would love Fright Zone first...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor68 View Post
    Slime pit all the way! Maybe a slime pit he-man to top it off

Here Here! I would love this.

I wanted to vote for Crystal Castle. I know I want a slight mix of Filmation with Vintage toy. Until I see the art though I am too afraid to have any desire for it.

Slime Pit however would be nicer to the wallet and also therefor more plausible perhaps. It's iconic and amazing. Having a Slime Pit He Man come with it would be BOSS!

SIDE NOTE You really should add the Snake Fortress from the minicomic. It was as we all know designed to be reminiscent of an actual playset that may have existed and it looks pretty cool. I'd like one.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    I think with that poll that's pretty clear what playsets should come if the snake mountain is released and I really hope that will be the case !
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:[email protected] $$$$$

I voted "3 Towers," but, really, I think we just need the middle tower, with a couple of bridges or walkways to connect to the existing Grayskull and Snake Mountain playsets- I think making all 3 towers as one playset would make the cost too prohibitive for Super 7 to make it.
    "I am The Mad Bubbler... breathe in the vapors of my madness!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Bubbler View Post
    I voted "3 Towers," but, really, I think we just need the middle tower, with a couple of bridges or walkways to connect to the existing Grayskull and Snake Mountain playsets- I think making all 3 towers as one playset would make the cost too prohibitive for Super 7 to make it.
    However single released Vyper Tower & whatever they call the Grayskull tower after or before the main Eternian tower would be very cool as well. 3 "Casltes" to release over time.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    However single released Vyper Tower & whatever they call the Grayskull tower after or before the main Eternian tower would be very cool as well. 3 "Casltes" to release over time.
    Yeah, definitely.
    "I am The Mad Bubbler... breathe in the vapors of my madness!"

I'd go with The Three Towers (vintage Eternia inspired).

Crystal Castle (vintage inspired) would be a close second.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Elder Councilman
    inasmuch as I wanted to vote for Whispering Woods, Eternos Palace, Three Towers, Crystal Castle, and Fright Zone...had to go with the Horde stronghold.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    The Fright Zone (vintage inspired) for me. In all fairness, Crystal Castle should logically come next after Snake Mountain but I would love Fright Zone first...
    Yes, the next should be the Crystal Castle (vintage-Filmation combo).

After that, a Filmation Fright Zone. As I've argued many times before, I think the vintage Fright Cave should not be merged with it, as they're radically different and diametrically oppposed in terms of aethetics, etc. And since we have a Fright Cave already (the vintage one), but no Filmation Fright Zone yet, my choice would be to make the latter first (and ideally a remake of the former some time aftewards, even though it would be extremely unlikely to reach much further than a third or fourth MotUC playset, or even to get a second, since Snake Mountain has been in "development hell" for years and already looks like it will finally never happen).

Summing up:

1. Castle Grayskull [Eternia - central display piece]
    2. Snake Mountain (combo) [Eternia - side-of-evil headquarters]
    3. Crystal Castle (combo) [Etheria - central display piece]
    4. Fright Zone (Filmation) [Etheria - side-of-evil headquarters]
    5. Three Towers of Eternia [Preternia - central display piece]
    6. Eternos Palace (Filmation) [Eternia - side-of-good heardquarters]
    7. Castle Brightmoon [Etheria - side-of-good headquarters]
    8. Nordor [Trisolar - side-of-evil headquarters]
    9. Onnor [Trisolar - side-of-good headquarters]

The Slime Pit belongs in a different category (more like "diorama pieces"), in my opinion, since it is significantly smaller. Or it could go together with the Fright Cave, since these two do match in aesthetics.

Whispering Woods should be a set of ("build-a-forest") diorama pieces, rather than a clamshell playset.

Starship Eternia, the Mutant Mothership, the Velvet Glove, and the Collector would be "playset-sized", but these are vehicles, so I don't mix them into the same category.
    Last edited by uaxuctum; June 6, 2017 at 09:30pm.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Warrior
    I voted for the slime pit . Then yesterday I was thinking how cool it would be to have the accessories for Castle Grayskull that you can get for the icon heroes statue it would make it taller so it would look better next to Snake mountain and most people display it closed up anyway (I think) I would buy that before any other set that cool spider looking stand and bridge and the cool looking smoke under the castle
    Last edited by Skeletor68; June 7, 2017 at 06:33am. Reason: I gave a weak description of the accessories

What's the latest status on if Snake Mountain playset going to happen? I haven't seen or heard anything about it in a long time.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by skelethon View Post
    What's the latest status on if Snake Mountain playset going to happen? I haven't seen or heard anything about it in a long time.
    Last we heard was it was sent to factory for pricing a long time ago not sure exactly when

Heroic Warrior
    Even if Snake Mountain doesn't get made, I am not sure that necessarily means there will be no more playsets at all. For example, I still think the Slime Pit is quite possible, with or without Snake Mountain, for a few different reasons. Number one, it is obviously popular with people. Number two, it is a lot smaller than any of the official strongholds or fortresses. Number three, Super 7 obviously enjoys the slime idea as evidenced by some of their other products. Number four, as others have pointed out, they could sell it with a "Slime Pit He-Man" figure that would involve absolutely no new tooling (just a green version of the already existing He-Man figure ) and would allow them to charge a little extra. I figure it is most likely the next playset, primarily because it is smaller, but for all the other reasons too.
    Last edited by ian_highful; June 7, 2017 at 08:48pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor68 View Post
    Last we heard was it was sent to factory for pricing a long time ago not sure exactly when
    Ok, that's the last I'd read too. That was more than a year ago seems like.

Heroic Warrior mikerobertschamp's Avatar
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    In all honesty, combo fright zone, combo crystal castle, zalasia, and eternia three towers.
    My real pick was Fright Zone combo, but I would like it if they designed it to later attach SlimePit, and Horror Hall. How sick would that be.
    My wants all NA POG SOH filmation Garth Lady Slithor Meteorbs Zark Michi, Kothos, King Taurius, King Helios, Kittrina, Illumina, be plastic IMMORTALIZED