Page 104 of 200 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 4986

Thread: Dreamworks Animated She-Ra officially coming to Netflix on Nov 13th, 2018

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    ...I hope it catches on and appeals to little girls! For me personally... Ugh.
    ..."Conceived in a Hell Beyond Your Depth of Perception... Designed and Directed by His Red Right Hand."
    ...Seriously looking for a gray Sir Laser-Lot sword from the Final Wars weapon-pack!!

Quote Originally Posted by Battledog View Post
    That scream at the end is very bad. I hope that doesn't make it into the show.
    I liked the trailer, except for this part. Smooth it out, but some "muscle" behind it.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

It is definetely not for me. It would be cool if it turns awesome for little kids, but even as I like the voicing it seems to be more in the vein of a mix between Steven Universe, Star vs The Forces of Evil & Ben 10, shows that did not grow on me.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan.A View Post
    Looks great. Not my first choice for animation style, but she looks much more feminine than the stills, and I like how dynamic it feels.

Pretty bitter of people to be down-arrowing the video on YouTube. If it's not your thing, don't try jeopardize the success of the new cartoon, which will introduce the characters/story to a new generation of fans. Who knows what could spin off from it, if it becomes successful again... might even finally see She-Ra on the big screen.
    Frowning on fans' disapproval makes you no better than those fans who frown on *your* approval, and as far a "jeopardizing" the success of the show - generally three only thing that could jeopardize the show the show itself. If it's good it won't matter who gives the thumbs down. If it's crap it's crap! End of story.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I can't tell you how relieved I am to hear that magic word "Grayskull"! Had an awful feeling they intended to ignore 30+ years of She-ra's connection to Eternia! Now I'm hungry for more! Feeling unexpectedly optimistic about this.

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Awesome teaser, really love it and can't stop hitting that repeat button.

Suffice to say, I threw up in my mouth a little, I was hoping it wouldn't be too bad, but this is terrible! Not TC:Roar terrible, but still! Looks like they made that trailer just before the weekend... seriously, I am underwhelmed! Bland and annoying at the same time! I hope that transformation sequence was just done for the trailer and it will look different in the episodes!

I thought it was an ok trailer. Nothing to make me go either way. I'd prefer her starting to change to She-Ra with the sword in hand.

Totally Dyslexic
    I watched that trailer several times and i still think itīs okay.

I just love that it is POP but itīs new. Everything is new and i donīt know whatīs coming next. Thatīs exciting.

The transformation is boring and as i said before Sailormoon did it better 20 years ago.

She-Ra seems to be left-handed since she is punching with left, i like that. The hair is poorly drawn since there is not much detail to it. Itīs just a lot of yellow and doesīt feel like hair especially since itīs floating. Itīs more like an attached wig or material but doesīt look like her actual hair to me.

I canīt wait to see some real animation were the mouth is animated to fit the words and all fits together. But iīm looking forward to seeing more.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    So far, better than I was expecting. Not digging Adora's voice though.... especially the Grayskull yell at then end. Though super glad they said the word Grayskull. I am hoping the mysterious voice is the Sorceress and not Light Hope or Angella. They don't have to even show Sorceress. She can just be a mystery voice in the first episode.

I have mixed feelings about this but at the end of the day agree I ask nothing this being successful among teens and millenials, I mean hopefully they have a clear strategy that will work out and entertain viewers of all ages, with a good story, animation.
    Some nods to the classic series are there too and its totally fine but not enough for the vintage fans , I refer to Adora SOTS's transformation. On this regards, its a pale comparison to the one of Sailor Moon Crystal,thats' why this Korean studio should take notes by Toei Animation in how to handle a magical anime transformation scene

Final thoughts: I'm liking better and better with every poster, tease, I want to see the premiere at least before any judgment but this smells like a HIT TV show also considered all the media coverage these days and wow! I could have never believed She-Ra being so discussed by youtubers, social groups and that She-Ra is more than ever before famous than her brother lol
    Last edited by Triklops 1; September 10, 2018 at 06:34pm.
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Battledog View Post
    That scream at the end is very bad. I hope that doesn't make it into the show.
    Agreed. And my daughters (9, 12, 15) aren't impressed. They said they'd watch it with me if I watch it.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

So I'm not the only one who got a Sailor Moon vibe from the transformation, huh? Which is kind of unfair when you consider She-Ra predates Sailor Moon, but influence is felt. Do miss the sparkles in the transformation, but that hand punch at the end to make the gauntlets appear looks pretty damn good. Overall I like the animation, and the backgrounds. I still reserve judgment until the actual show premieres and we see more characters, but this still looks promising. Am a little curious about their use of the word balance, though.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Love it! Can’t wait to see more of it!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Looks like they have a budget!
    Ha ha! That was actually one of my first thoughts, too... and a huge sigh of relief. I was kinda worried it would be... cheap-ish somehow. This is such a grand re-entry for PoP in the mainstream!

My daughters were very unimpressed by the new trailer, they sat with disappointed faces for about 10 seconds after watching it. My 4 year old said “I’m not watching that” and my 7 year old said “that doesn’t sound like Adora” and “why does it say Princesses of Power? She-Ra is the Princess of Power!”. Full disclosure, they are huge MOTU/POP fans.

I get tired of hearing the excuse “they’re making this for today’s kids.” Aren’t they the target demographic?
    Snake Mountain, FINALLY!!!

Widget
    Nice "Grayskull" name drop there; it will be interesting to see how they explain (to Adora and the audience) what Grayskull actually is without mentioning He-Man or the family connection.

If I remember correctly, wasn't Adora already transforming into She-Ra in her original action figure mini-comic before she actually met He-Man in that same issue? Coincidence, or did they really do more homework than we thought?

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    Am a little curious about their use of the word balance, though.
    That gave me a very "Zodac, cosmic enforcer" vibe, which obviously makes me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Loving it.

https://twitter.com/viivvision/statu...11279741468672

Teens and the twenty-somethings are perched waiting for the trailer in anticipation with many of us.

- - - Updated - - -

TRAILER!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGPRpfwcIEc

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/she-...teaser-trailer
    I retract my previous statement that I wasn't interested (based on the initial image that was released eons ago) - this trailer has turned me around. Count me in as interested now! It's not my style of art - at all, but it's not like "Teen Titans Go!" which is what the promotion originally looked like (and I personally can't stand). I thought it was going to be over the top silly like that. But this looks like it's going to be serious stories!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    My daughters were very unimpressed by the new trailer, they sat with disappointed faces for about 10 seconds after watching it. My 4 year old said “I’m not watching that” and my 7 year old said “that doesn’t sound like Adora” and “why does it say Princesses of Power? She-Ra is the Princess of Power!”. Full disclosure, they are huge MOTU/POP fans.

I get tired of hearing the excuse “they’re making this for today’s kids.” Aren’t they the target demographic?
    Kids are their demographic, yes. But by the sounds of it, you've exposed them to a lot of He-Man and She-Ra, which is normally not on television these days - so the majority of children will not have the exposure and judgement of what Adora/She-Ra should sound/look like.
    Last edited by Adam-X; September 10, 2018 at 07:34pm.

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NirvanaCrux View Post
    The Netflix/DreamWorks #SheRa teaser trailer has given me hope for the show. I like the fact that She-Ra/Adora looks a lot more feminine in the show than in the promotional images. The very fact that she shouted "For the Honor of Grayskull" has restored my faith in the show.
    I agree with everything you said above...

As a millennial male of twenty-nine, I have no problem with smashing the patriarchy as I believe in egalitarianism and I adamantly oppose any form of complementarianism or sexism.
    And then you lost me here. I don't want to delve too deep into Tar Swamp territory. And I'm not in favor of sexism. But there are factually biological differences between men and women. By no means does that mean that they have to all stay in completely separate roles in society, and I'm all for equal opportunity. But the extent to which the so-called "patriarchy" is even any kind of real issue in this day and age is greatly exaggerated.

Kind of like how people who have defended George Lucas over the years about the Star Wars prequels and special editions always refer to those who do not like the prequels or SE changes as constantly saying that George Lucas ***** their childhoods. The people who actually say that about George Lucas and genuinely mean it are far fewer than the Lucas-defenders who make the statements about how that that phrase is said far too often. Mountain, meet molehill.

I really don't see how, based on what we've seen so far, this She-Ra series is necessarily doing anything to "smash the patriarchy" that the original didn't. Talk about non-issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Looks like they have a budget! They can use the word GRAYSKULL! That is a major plus!
    This is what I'm confused about. A few days ago someone was saying in here that supposedly they can't use these things. But didn't Toyguru a while back say that Dreamworks flat out owns MOTU and POP now? If that is in fact the case, then they shouldn't have any problem using any aspects from MOTU that they want to on this series. For Dreamworks to own it but not be able to do that would be like me asking myself for permission to borrow my own hammer, and telling myself "no."

This is a RE-POST from July.

@mickequ: excited they're finally showing stuff but also frustrated because these couple of screenshots of the early eps show so little of how much our show has grown and what it's become!!! please tune in on netflix in nov to see tons and tons of work we've done since then
    @mickequ: also... we aren't allowed to post our own fanart right now, but believe me as soon as I can you'll get lots of pics of my kids whom I love !!!
    @dannyducker: lol the growing pains are extremely real!!! it already looks fantastic, so i can't wait to see how it evolves!
    @mickequ: thank you danny that means a lot to me TT people outside the industry really have no idea how different our own dang cartoons look so different to us between the first episode and like even the 5th one
    @dannyducker: it's really nuts!!! looking back at early eps i'm like.... who did this...

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Pro: The narrator is likely "Light Hope" and sounds amazing. The voice is an improvement to the original Light hope if so. The scenery is very cool and so is the new sword Redesign.

Con: If that is the transformation sequence then that is very weak and complete downgrade from the original. Adora is sounding a bit whiny in her tone of voice, not cool.

Overall impression just adequate. I am not the target audience so hopefully the kids like it.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    I retract my previous statement that I wasn't interested (based on the initial image that was released eons ago) - this trailer has turned me around. Count me in as interested now! It's not my style of art - at all, but it's not like "Teen Titans Go!" which is what the promotion originally looked like (and I personally can't stand). I thought it was going to be over the top silly like that. But this looks like it's going to be serious stories!

- - - Updated - - -

Kids are their demographic, yes. But by the sounds of it, you've exposed them to a lot of He-Man and She-Ra, which is normally not on television these days - so the majority of children will not have the exposure and judgement of what Adora/She-Ra should sound/look like.
    Actually kids today *can* make that comparison - original She-Ra season 1 is on Netflix

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    So far, better than I was expecting. Not digging Adora's voice though.... especially the Grayskull yell at then end.
    I'm fine with her voice. I was getting a slight New Adventures of He-Man vibe with the growl and extension on the word "Grayskull." Adam/He-Man does that on the word "Power" in "I have the power!"