Page 2 of 200 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreamworks Animated She-Ra officially coming to Netflix on Nov 13th, 2018

Merit's Twitter page and YouTube channel.

https://twitter.com/meritleighton

I'm Merit a crazy, weird, quirky girl. I love anything Kawaii, Japanese, Anime, Gaming, Fashion and K-pop. Meet my amazing boyfriend Jacob Hopkins, my bestie’s Izzy Eggerling, Benjamin Stockham & my little sis Marlowe Peyton. Super proud to say that Nintendo has made me a “Brand Ambassador” WHAT??? That's just to awesome! I'm also an actor & VO artist, so check me out as the voice of Lucinda The Witch on Disney Jrs.- Sofia The First.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsQ...W854poVvs56S5g
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    Oooooh. This is potentially exciting.

All I can say as a Xenite is that I hope that the fans of the original She-Ra animated series don't undermine or derail whatever this new version is. I couldn't understand why a large (or at least loud) proportion of Xena: Warrior Princess fans were so venomously against NBC's planned reboot, especially with Javier Grillo Marxuach in charge. It's not as though a new series means that the original series disappears or that someone will break into your home and steal and destroy your DVDs.

My guess is it would be something like DC Super Hero Girls or a Disney Jr./Nick Jr. type show and not really meant to entertain 40-year-old adults or pull in adult collectors to any potential figure or doll line, so I'm not sure how older fans of She-Ra could undermine it. It will likely sink or swim based off if it connects with girls under 10. I do hope they don't go the band route or something way off, though.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Adam is 18 when he receives the Sword of Power. He celebrates one birthday in "The Great Books of Mystery" and another in "The He-Man and She-Ra Christmas Special." So he and Adora are only 20...
    ^quoting just because I like the fact we have learned from the series their ages.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

On a side note - Someone on Facebook said that a new Jem cartoon is being developed too.

A voice actress tweeted she just did a recording session for a childhood favorite tagging Jem, Allspark and Hasbro Animation

I hope Melendy Britt is involved in some capacity.....Maybe as the wizardess/ Seer of Etheria as She-Ra's guide or mentor if Light Hope is off the table. Both 2002 He-Man with Cam Clarke and Larry Kenny in Thundercats were involved with the updates of those shows.

Having Melendy involved somehow could give the old school POP fans a reason to anchor into the new show and hopefully be accepting of any changes if those changes involved something dear to the original show being involved i.e. Melendys Voice. Melendy's involvement would truly be a lovely way for Dreamworks to tip their hats to what came before.

I am personally ok with something new (But will always prefer her Twins of Grayskull origin)....I just hope the new show stays true to the spirit and values of the original cartoon.
    Last edited by Angel-T; June 6, 2017 at 11:28am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

I'm hoping this is true and that it happens soon. My daughters are getting close to the ages where kids stop watching cartoons and move on to more "cool" pre-teen stuff. Please let this show happen before my kids are too "grown-up" for cartoons!

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    I think it's going to be a minimum of a year wait till we see something in an animated form

I don’t mind if it veers young. That doesn’t bother me at all. I am concerned with just how different they decide to make it, though (if at all). I’m particularly worried about this so-called “rock band” idea. I’ve never heard that before. Would someone care to elaborate?

Heroic Warrior
    With this seeming trend in "action heroine" properties like DC Super Hero Girls and the Wonder Woman film (which appears a success), it seems a perfect environment for a new She-Ra push. So happy to hear that things seem to be moving on this front!

I could see a successful "action doll" line for She-Ra emanating from this. Either using the 2016 "exclusive" body, or something like the DC SHGs body. Maybe even an accompanying 6" action figure line, a la DC SHGs. Heck, for that matter, have a "Visiting Etheria" crossover episode in DC SHGs, and a She-Ra DC SHG action doll and figure, prior to a full fledged She-Ra line.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    On a side note - Someone on Facebook said that a new Jem cartoon is being developed too.
    I know when they announced the live action Jem film, there was also talk that a new cartoon would be released around the same time. When that never materialized and the movie bombed, I figured that was the end of that.

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skelethon View Post
    I'm hoping this is true and that it happens soon. My daughters are getting close to the ages where kids stop watching cartoons and move on to more "cool" pre-teen stuff. Please let this show happen before my kids are too "grown-up" for cartoons!
    I've already lost two and the 8 yr old is closing in quickly...

Personally, I think they should make this like the DC Super Hero Girls. Make it its own thing. New canon. Familiar faces. New stories.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I’m particularly worried about this so-called “rock band” idea. I’ve never heard that before. Would someone care to elaborate?
    What you see below was the plan in 2006, back when Entertainment Rights owned the Filmation library. I'm guessing things have probably changed by now. I hope.

TV KIDS: What prompted you to buy the Filmation Library?

HEAP: It was a double strategy. We obviously wanted to be important in the U.S.A.—a market with 290 million people, 124 million homes, 90 million DVD players, a massive consumer opportunity. If you have 1 percent of that, you have a business. We didn’t just want to be British people wandering over to America trying to sell them our programs—for which we never got a bad reception, by the way—but we always wanted to have something that gave us a bit of an edge. We had been tracking the Filmation Library, 500 hours of classic animation, which was owned by Hallmark. First and foremost, none of that product had ever been on DVD in America. Fortunately, Hallmark had digitized the library, so we thought, if nothing else happens, we can sell DVDs in America and more than get our money back. That’s what we started to do. We have now released Fat Albert and sold about 500,000 videos and DVDs. We released He-Man and sold 270,000 DVDs, and we will start releasing She-Ra this year.

So first of all, we’ve begun exploiting the Filmation Library by re-releasing some of the characters on DVD and we are selling them to the “original” fans that were never able to get hold of this stuff in such pristine condition. Number two, we are simultaneously looking at the potential of remaking She-Ra and He-Man and The Archies.

We’ll sit with potential partners, for example Mattel, with whom we have a business relationship; they own all the toy rights to He-Man and She-Ra.

We’ll probably relaunch She-Ra featuring a rock-and-roll band and a girl with long blond hair who will have a guitar instead of a sword. And we will probably do programming shorts directed at new digital media, such as telephones, for example, where we start to introduce these characters to brand-new consumers.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I hope Melendy Britt is involved in some capacity... Both 2002 He-Man with Cam Clarke and Larry Kenny in Thundercats were involved with the updates of those shows.
    Larry Kenney (original voice of Lion-O) being part of Thundercats reboot is a great homage.

But Cam Clarke didn't have anything to do with original He-Man series...?
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    I'm super-excited to see this and entirely open to new things. I think that the time is right for She-Ra to be resurrected again, with all the success Wonder Woman is enjoying. Can't wait!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Larry Kenney (original voice of Lion-O) being part of Thundercats reboot is a great homage.

But Cam Clarke didn't have anything to do with original He-Man series...?
    Probably meant Gary Chalk playing He-Man in New Adventures and then Man-At-Arms in 2002.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    Do similar to the likes of Voltron, Legendary Defender!
    This, this, a thousand times this!

The new Voltron is a masterpiece, and from what I understand it's done gangbusters, ratings-wise, at least as far as Netflix is concerned. And Dreamworks are the creators of that as well, so if it's done along the same lines I'm all for it.

Still makes me sad that the MYP 200X version wasn't "profitable" enough to continue on.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I think a lot of old school POP fans probably feel similar. So, I'm curious. What if it IS different? Say they experiment with something new for a new generation... would you at least be willing to give it a shot before throwing in the towel based on announcements?
    If there's no connection to He-Man, I probably wouldn't be willing to give it a try.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    All I want to know is what do they have planned? I don't like the idea of it not having He-Man related to it! No Twin Sister, no Grayskull. Have it where he can be mentioned a few times. But it's always a focus on her adventures and life.
    Yeah, I would like to see this handled similarly to how the current live action Supergirl TV show handled her relation to Superman. In the first episode, it is established that Superman already exists on Earth, that she came to Earth at a later time, etc. The basic standard backstory was present and accounted for. Superman has even appeared a couple of times during the second season.

I'm fine with this being a cartoon for kids, but I would like the basic backstory to be intact. Some updating is fine, but I don't want them to reinvent the wheel. I don't want this to be anything like those rumors years ago of a Thundercats reboot where they were a rock band on Earth.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I think a lot of old school POP fans probably feel similar. So, I'm curious. What if it IS different? Say they experiment with something new for a new generation... would you at least be willing to give it a shot before throwing in the towel based on announcements?
    I HOPE there is something new and different to it; something to make it stand out from the original. No point in seeing and buying a carbon copy of the original.
    New stories, different twists to the original, new designs, etc...

Nothing has been greenlighted yet, its better be cautious but it will most prob be a kid show aimed at young girls and yes! DC' s superheroes girls totally stole the idea to POP, give credit to she-ra for that lmao

I wouldnt be surprised if the idea of a girl band would resurrect even if those jem's rumors are true makes me wonder its not what Dreamworks is optioning for the relaunch the brand.
    I hope anyway Melendy Britt will be involved somehow, she's has always been kind to the he-fans and she-ravers, and very supportive for this character along with Erika Scheimer;

in all fairness She-ra is totally a separate intellectual property from MOTU so not a surprise here plus it took so long after the 200x aborted series, it would be deserved; after all both properties could at least cross over again on the big screen as soon we'll get more infos on the movie in works at Sony.
    Last edited by Triklops 1; December 15, 2017 at 05:36pm.
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

What you see below was the plan in 2006, back when Entertainment Rights owned the Filmation library. I'm guessing things have probably changed by now. I hope.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...psr2nhnrpk.jpg
    reading that makes me want to bang my head into the wall! She-Ra is not Jem! Like to find who came up with this premise and kick him square in the gonads! BAD HUMAN! BAD!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...psr2nhnrpk.jpg
    Good god! Luckily that seems to have gone the way of the dodo.

New post from Commercial Talent Agency congratulating Merit on her voice-over booking.

The previous post mentioning DreamWorks She-Ra seems to be gone, but it could just be on my end. I've been having issues with links. They sometimes lead to a "broken" page, but then later re-appear.

This is very interesting indeed. Not sure I'm keen on the pop band idea or sword-to-guitar but am completely relaxed about them being silent on any link to He-man.

I do wonder if they plan to stick with the vintage toy line of girls vs girls or if Hordak and the Evil Horde will be the key protagonists. Also wonder if Despara gets a role in the storyline.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199