Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: "The Return of Faker"

He has since said via Instagram that he can not actually sell the dvd and so those particular release plans have been scrapped.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Shame about the DVD.

Though hopefully folks will still enjoy it at Power-Con.

And the work still continues.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Last Defender of Trolla Wandering Star's Avatar
    Halfway between Trolla and Eorzea (Salem, MA)

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue...

Just wanna bump this: Even if (gods forbid!) this is never finished, it will stand by itself as a monument to fan dedication, indeed, a true labor of love. Having seen it to this point, I felt a rush of excitement, the kind of which I don't really recall experiencing (esp. re: MotU) for over 30 years. Something to look forward to? Oh, definitely! And even though some of the voices seem to echo from beyond the grave, the characters themselves seem more alive than ever! He-Man and Teela's banter was both eye-opening and somehow familiar, as if they had been doing so all along (which, of course, they hadn't). Snarky Orko was certainly on-point (I think most of the audience gathered lost their sugar honeyed iced tea at the one line!). Even the use of the rejected bumper lent itself perfectly.

To Be Continued...?
    • HARMONY IS THE KEY LOVE IS THE LAW
    • Who weeps for Trolla? I DO.
    • (This User is Powered By Sarcasm, Autism, Trollan Magic and Just Plain Stubbornness)

This was amazing to see at PowerCon this year (though not finished) - I've been rewatching He-Man and catching where all the voices and scenes are from (which they showed anyway at PowerCon).

This is such a tremendous effort of work and so incredible.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Soon...

Power-Con
    August 17th, 2019.

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Soon...

Power-Con
    August 17th, 2019.

Man, I wish I could be there to see it! But I'm very happy for the fans who will get to see such a labor of love.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Very curious to hear what fans thought about it.

Yeah! So what did you think guys?? Hell I still need to see the completed episode so you guys have one up on me here! LOL
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Was there any news coming out of Power-Con as far as any kind of official release? I'm dying to see it!
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Heroic Warrior
    James Eatock posted on Instagram that NBC will not allow him to display the film in any fashion-- it wasn't even shown at Powercon. Bummer of an ending for such a labor of love.

James just released a statement on Facebook...
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

They shut it down...

Such a shame it was so far along. They should have said long before they would shut it down. Sad that we'll never get to see this as I only learned of this the other day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

After attending James' panel my understanding is that the episode is in effect finished, he's just not allowed to share, show or diseminate the finished product. He had to change his panel from a viewing party to a "Making Of" presentation - which was still fascinating and entertaining. It is unfortunate that the full finished piece is not able to be shared - it looks like it would have been amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by PantherCult View Post
    After attending James' panel my understanding is that the episode is in effect finished, he's just not allowed to share, show or diseminate the finished product. He had to change his panel from a viewing party to a "Making Of" presentation - which was still fascinating and entertaining. It is unfortunate that the full finished piece is not able to be shared - it looks like it would have been amazing.
    It will probably get leaked on the dark web at some point when nobody is looking.

This is supposedly one of the amazing motu stuff, as cool as the news on a new tv cartoon, new dc comics and motu toy reveals

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Court Magician Skeletor's Lackey's Avatar
    That's unfortunate. It was always my understanding that, as long you weren't profiting off of it, you were within your rights to create a fan piece. I have to wonder why they didn't want it shown...