Thread: WIP: Fyron, the blazing He-Man (aka, Guerrero prototype He-Man)

WIP: Fyron, the blazing He-Man (aka, Guerrero prototype He-Man)

Hey guys, I thought I'd show progress on something I'm adding to my collection and get feedback.

I prefer the Classics mythos that has "He-Man" as a title rather than simply a single guy, and I have an entire shelf dedicated to the He-Man lineage, along with custom mounts. (I personally include Vykron as a He-Man who was taken from the Gladiator pits by the Goddess). I want to finish that lineage with this guy, mount and all!

Looking at the various color swords for the lineage has given me thought that perhaps the various He-Men might have been elemental themed due to their geographic origins. So I thought that Fire was missing, and thought this guy might come from a volcanic ashen land, complete with some sort of dragon or lizard mount.

I'm not the first to do a version of the Tony Guerrero He-Man, and I personally love Zombiehama's work. But, he's been very busy, and the face for his custom kit unfortunately looks spot on to a friend of mine, which kinda creeps me out a bit. Sooooo, necessity is the mother of invention!

I made the helmet in TinkerCAD and printed it via my home 3D printer. My settings were off so the print came out choppy and I cleaned it up the best I could. The helmet fits fine on a normal He-Man Classics head. I painted the eyes black and made the eyebrows thicker to more closely match the prototype figure. I'm not 100% happy with the way the sword came out, as the paint scheme was an attempt to make it look like a fire sword. But I think maybe a silver blade would have been a better complement to the red hilt.

fyron_zps3tl8yqx1.jpg

His bare chest needs some sort of armor and means to store his sword. I'm looking at a DCUC Indigo Lantern Atom's harness, or a Thundercats Jackalman harness. Or even a Snake Men harness with a new sculpted emblem instead of the snake logo.

Attachment 113159Attachment 113160Attachment 113162

For a mount, at first I thought a True Legends Darkfire Dragon would work, but it seemed too big. So now I'm considering repainting a Walmart exclusive Star Wars Dewback into a sort of charcoal and red komodo dragon beast complete with new armor.

Attachment 113161

Feedback is appreciated!
    Last edited by Palidor; June 7, 2017 at 10:21pm.

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    Looks like a great plan all around. I'd go for the Jackalman harness or the snakeman harness (to match the mount, scales)
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack, "new" characters as designed by Axor (Axel)

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    seems interesting...

indigo lantern atom harness is quite small, i used it on a female motuc.

The helmet came out amazing! Would you consider making it for sale on Shapeways? I love third party accessories and gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    Looks like a great plan all around. I'd go for the Jackalman harness or the snakeman harness (to match the mount, scales)
    Thanks for the feedback. I've been looking around for a place that does cast copies of those, or just parts on ebay. No luck yet, and the original figures are quite pricey. I'll keep looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    seems interesting...

indigo lantern atom harness is quite small, i used it on a female motuc.
    Thanks for letting me know.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    The helmet came out amazing! Would you consider making it for sale on Shapeways? I love third party accessories and gear.
    Not a bad idea. I'll want to tweak the design a bit, but I think I can do that in time.

Heroic Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Palidor View Post
    Not a bad idea. I'll want to tweak the design a bit, but I think I can do that in time.
    Palidor, if you do make the helmet for sale, please remember that sales talk should be kept to PM's or the Market Place.

Finished for now!
    20170806_120851.jpg

And now, a bio!

-----------------------------------------
    Fyron, the Blazing He-Man with Ash Dragon

Hailing from a tribe of hardened warriors in the volcanic regions of Eternia, Fyron was born 70 years after the death of Vikor. Chosen by the Goddess to protect the Sword of He and defend Eternia from signs of a growing evil, Fyron and his Ash Dragon traveled the breadth of the land, rooting out monsters of all kinds. During an investigation into rumors of a cabal of unusually powerful sorcerors under tutelage by a red wraith, Fyron stumbled onto the Spirit of Hordak! Fyron systematically hounded each hidden cabal network, thwarted their plans, and routed Hordak's efforts to influence Eternia. So great was the disruption that Hordak summoned the interdimensional demon, Demo-Man, to deal with the hero. Unable to defeat the monster permanently, Demo-Man turned the tables and stalked Fyron across Eternia, waging a back-and-forth string of victories and defeats, until at last Fyron was slain atop Snake Mountain. The demon took Fyron's armor as a grisly trophy and left his body to waste away at the mountain peak!

blazing cool! He turned out great!

Sent from my thumbs to your eyeballs

SO SICK!!!!! IF you DO end up making this for shapeways.....please PLEASE let us know...

PLEASE!!!!
    Halloween is not just a holiday.. its a way of life!

Palidor with this helmet I know you said it was 3D printed, can you make that available to the public, aka, put it on shapeways

Fantastic!!! Im a big fan of 'other he-men"..and this one looks TOOO SWEET!!

Bravo! Love the mount also!
    Halloween is not just a holiday.. its a way of life!

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    Great figure, mount & bio! Well done.
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack, "new" characters as designed by Axor (Axel)

Thanks, everyone. I'm really happy with Fyron. Since a couple of you have asked (and it's been a couple years) please check the marketplace for the link to the Shapeways sale page. It's my first time doing this so hopefully it's beneficial for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Palidor View Post
    Thanks, everyone. I'm really happy with Fyron. Since a couple of you have asked (and it's been a couple years) please check the marketplace for the link to the Shapeways sale page. It's my first time doing this so hopefully it's beneficial for all.
    My man that’s awesome thanks so much