Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Urgently need help on breakage on 3 Classics basic Skeletor bodies (in same spot)

  1. #1
    'WunDar' Bread Enthusiast Afterlife07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    121

    Urgently need help on breakage on 3 Classics basic Skeletor bodies (in same spot)

    Might be the wrong forum to ask, but here we go. I just purchased my 2nd replacement Skeletor body, and so far the three that I have owned have all cracked in the exact same spot (above the seam that holds the front and back of the crotch together, see photo).

    My first was the reissue Skeletor I got straight from Matty back in the day. I noticed one day he had just cracked on the bottom and I lived with gluing him together from there.

    I decided to replace it eventually, and opted to get a Mo-Larr set brand new off Amazon and just swap the heads. I took it out of the packaging and noticed it looked like it 'kind of' had a small crack forming, but I showed it to some friends and they said it look more like a paint chip to them. It was a crack, and it did split in the exact same spot.

    I just ordered a third one (another Mo-Larr set, but loose) off eBay after asking the seller numerous times if it was cracking or not (he said it wasn't). It arrived about 30 mins ago, I opened the package, looked under the loin cloth, and the result was the photo below. That is the same forming crack I noticed on the first Mo-Larr figure and even split/broke. (I spread the legs to get a better photo of it, but that's what it looked it right out of the box).

    Is this a common issue with Skeletor's body? I've never heard of this being an issue, but 3 Skeletors (two brand new) isn't really a coincidence in my book. Any advice or observations?



    IMG_1325.jpg

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior JakeofEternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Posts
    925
    It looks like a paint chip in your pic too, maybe the resolution isn't high enough to see a split yet, but to be sure I inspected all my Skeletors (original, re-release, battle armor, and terror claws) and non of them are in that bad of condition. If 2 out of the 3 are damaged on yours (especially with 2 being from the Mo-Larr set) maybe there's an issue with that release.

    So far the crotch problems like that I've had on my figures are (th infamous) Green Goddess and King Grayskull, both of which I'm living with being glued back together. It seems like a spreading problem though.

  3. #3
    'WunDar' Bread Enthusiast Afterlife07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeofEternia View Post
    It looks like a paint chip in your pic too, maybe the resolution isn't high enough to see a split yet, but to be sure I inspected all my Skeletors (original, re-release, battle armor, and terror claws) and non of them are in that bad of condition. If 2 out of the 3 are damaged on yours (especially with 2 being from the Mo-Larr set) maybe there's an issue with that release.

    So far the crotch problems like that I've had on my figures are (th infamous) Green Goddess and King Grayskull, both of which I'm living with being glued back together. It seems like a spreading problem though.

    Thanks for the info! Yeah, it's really weird, none of my other Skeletors have this issue either (the DC vs MOTUC bone-head is currently my lead display Skeletor and he is perfect). My BA Skeletor did split at the crotch seam years ago, but it didn't actually crack the plastic, it was like whatever was holding it together just wore out (happened to my Teela too). A little loctite fixed that up without issues.

    I decided to keep this one, I've been moving it about after giving it a soapy wash in warm water and this crack doesn't seem like its increasing, so hopefully this is just a cosmetic scratch. I'll see over time.

    Yeah, when I had the Goddess and the SDCC Grayskull mine broke beyond repair, I really like the Goddess too, and after reading the new DC Comics run this past week, I kind of wish I still had her.

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior Lando452's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Eternia
    Posts
    886
    I have the Moolar one, ill check it when I get home.
    you should get her again and replace the crotch piece, I did that to mine and it works great.
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

  5. #5
    'WunDar' Bread Enthusiast Afterlife07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by Lando452 View Post
    I have the Moolar one, ill check it when I get home.
    you should get her again and replace the crotch piece, I did that to mine and it works great.
    Thanks! And I've read you can just heat and pop her waist off and switch it with a Marlena or She-Ra waist, right? She'll be on my list after I catch up to my vintage-based MOTUC collection (just missing some Horde members now!).

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior Lando452's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Eternia
    Posts
    886
    Quote Originally Posted by Afterlife07 View Post
    Thanks! And I've read you can just heat and pop her waist off and switch it with a Marlena or She-Ra waist, right? She'll be on my list after I catch up to my vintage-based MOTUC collection (just missing some Horde members now!).
    I got the Green Goddess for cheap since she was broken, than picked up a pelvis for real cheap, so I probable spent $25 USD for a Goddess plus about an hour of my time fixing her.
    well worth it.
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

  7. #7
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Posts
    38
    I never had an issue with crotches breaking until a few weeks ago. I made a 200x He-man using the King Grayskull body. I was trying to switch out the legs because of a bit of OCD on my part and the crotch just snapped. I know I didnít heat the legs as well as I should but Iíve done this before a few times without a breakage ever happening. I did a trade with someone to get a new KG and I was sitting him on top of Battle Lion and noticed this new one has a decent sized crack already formed in the crotch too. I never knew this as a problem with any figures besides Green Goddess but I guess the king is another problem figure.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •