View Poll Results: Which is your favorite Castlevania video game? (Main entries only)

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Castlevania

2 18.18%
  • Castlevania II Simon's Quest

3 27.27%
  • Castlevania III Dracula's Curse

2 18.18%
  • Castlevania the Adventure

0 0%
  • Castlevania the Adventure II Belmont's Revenge

0 0%
  • Super Castlevania IV

1 9.09%
  • Castlevania X6800

0 0%
  • Castlevania Dracula X Rondo of Blood

0 0%
  • Castlevania Bloodlines

0 0%
  • Castlevania Symphony of the Night

3 27.27%
  • Castlevania 64

0 0%
  • Castlevania Lament of Innocence

0 0%
  • Castlevania Curse of Darkness

0 0%
  • Castlevania Circle of the Moon

0 0%
  • Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance

0 0%
  • Castlevania Aria of Sorrow

0 0%
  • Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow

0 0%
  • Castlevania Portrait of Ruin

0 0%
  • Castlevania Order of Ecclesia

0 0%
  • Castlevania the Adventure ReBirth

0 0%
  • Castlevania Lords of Shadow

0 0%
  • Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate

0 0%
  • Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2

0 0%
  • Castlevania Haunted Castle (Arcade)

0 0%
  • None of 'em!

0 0%

Thread: Which is your favorite Castlevania video game? (Main entries only)

Which is your favorite Castlevania video game? (Main entries only)

To celebrate the Netflix Castlevania series that just recently released I've been going back through my CV collection and playing many of the better entries in the series... Castlevania is a series that really feels timeless, meaning that even today, the oldest games in the series still hold up remarkably well.

I've devoted much of my life to Castlevania (being a permanent fixture on the Castlevania Dungeon forums) and consider it to be my most treasured video game franchise of all time. It has definitely had its ups and downs, yet it always seems to pull me right back in. Needless to say, I was thrilled when the Netflix series was finally announced - after years of delays and production cancellations, moving from live-action to animated, from a single movie to a trilogy, and finally to a series based on some of Castlevania's best lore, it was a long time coming... and, for the most part, it was worth the wait.

So I've decided to create a poll to see which Castlevania entry is the most popular here at the .org. It's only for fun, and it only includes the main series entries (so, no Judgement, HoD, Order of Shadows, etc.) but it's always neat to see what people have to say about their favorite game in the long-running series. Are you a Classic fan? A Metroidvania fan? A 3D fan? Let the voting begin!! And remember to tell us why you feel this way in the thread!

Here are your choices:

Castlevania 1987

Castlevania II: Simon's Quest 1988

Castlevania the Adventure 1989

Castlevania the Adventure II: Belmont's Revenge 1990

Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse 1990

Super Castlevania IV 1991

Castlevania X6800 1993

Castlevania Dracula X: Rondo of Blood 1993

Castlevania Bloodlines 1994

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night 1997

Castlevania 64 1999

Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance 2002

Castlevania Aria of Sorrow 2003

Castlevania Lament of Innocence 2003

Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow 2005

Castlevania Curse of Darkness 2005

Castlevania Portrait of Ruin 2006

Castlevania Order of Ecclesia 2008

Castlevania the Adventure ReBirth 2009

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2010

Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate 2013

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 2014

...whew!

P.S. I apologize for the lack of images on a handful of these titles... the forum only allows a maximum of 15 images to be posted at a time.
    Last edited by Ornclown; July 10, 2017 at 10:14pm.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

As a kid I only was able to rent the original Castlevania and really liked it. But I never had time to get very far in the game. For my birthday I got Castlevania II: Simon's Quest and I loved it! It's one of the first NES games I played without taking time off to beat. (I would regularly get frustrated or bored with games and put them down for days/months/years before coming back to beat them) Huge sense of satisfaction when I beat this one. I'm working on my Wii emulator and this will be one of the first games I tackle once I get it working properly. (Any homebrew experts here?)

Edit: I got it working! Played Castlevania II all night

Suprisingly I never really got to play any of the other Castlevania games after this. Became obsessed with one-on-one fighters thanks to Street Fighter 2.

As an added bonus I had a cousin that liked to fib about pretty much anything. He'd told me he'd beaten the game prior to me even purchasing it (He did have it). After beating Dracula and being excited I wanted to discuss with him and it was quickly obvious he'd never even gotten to that point in the game.
    Last edited by Dice; July 12, 2017 at 10:21am.
    We canít pretend that the Trump Presidency is this weird anomaly that we can just kind of recover from by returning to the old normal. We are where we are because normal didnít work. - Pete Buttigieg

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Castlevania the original. I'm trying to get my hands on Castlevania IV so maybe that will be my favorite when I get it but for right now, nothing beats the original for me...since I haven't played anything after III.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Castlevania IV for SNES or Castlevania Adventure for the original Gameboy.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    Castlevania IV for SNES or Castlevania Adventure for the original Gameboy.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6f164754c6.jpg
    Super Castlevania IV is one of my all-time favorite video games! (I can go through the entire game on one life...) as well as one of my favorite CV titles.

And, I've always loved that cover art for the Castlevania Adventure!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Hang in there, Bow! Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Jeez I never knew there was such a big roster of Castlevania games! lol

I picked "Castlevania II: Simon's Quest", largely because I remember renting it as a pre-teen and playing it, and it may be the only one I ever played, lol. But I never could get very far---Dice, you have my respect! I can beat the first 3 Mario games, most of the Mega Man NES games, but I would need help on this one.

It's kind of funny I never got really big into this franchise, because I absolutely love spooky things, Halloween-type things, and Transvylania-y, lol (as a little boy I fell in love with The Count as one of my favorite Muppets, and his wonderfully fun-spooky castle).
    Welcome to The She-Ra Photo Museum! Thousands of screencaps from Filmation's classic 1980's toon! For the Honor of Grayskull!

Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

symphony of the night possible the best ever game made for the original playstation
    Hoping for figures of: King Hsss slave girl, Major Header, Hans Hammerholder, Bubblor, Lady slither, Redeye, grr, Kayla, Gorgonne and the myp giants.

"everything will probably not be all right, but we have to try." V. Putin
    " sometimes it is necessary to be lonely in order to prove that you are right." V. Putin

My top 5:

1) Symphony of the Night
    2) Super Castlevania IV
    3) Castlevania III Dracula's Curse
    4) Rondo of Blood
    5) Castlevania Chronicles (enhanced reissue of the 1993 Sharp X68000 game, for the Playstation)