View Poll Results: Do you want future vehicles to come with a figure?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I prefer that it didn't come with a figure; I would only want the vehicle.

15 16.85%
  • No, I prefer that it didn't come with a figure so the item is cheaper.

32 35.96%
  • Yes, I want it to come with a figure; the more figures, the better!

23 25.84%
  • Yes, but only if it is not an army builder type of figure.

17 19.10%
  • Yes, but only if the figure is a variant.

9 10.11%
  • Yes, but only if it is appropriate to the vehicle.

16 17.98%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Should Vehicles still come with a figure?

Should Vehicles still come with a figure?

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering; If Super7 ever releases a vehicle for MOTUC, would you still want it to come with a figure? Multiple choice is allowed on this poll.

If you have any thoughts on the subject, please share them.
    Last edited by King Tamusk; July 12, 2017 at 01:00am.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    I opted for the appropriated pilot vs vehicle coz after a personal experience
    trying to associate my figures with the few machines made available so far,
    i found out, suprisingly that it was far from being quite simple.

Whether it is about color tones or even the type of characters, so, i rather get the maximum
    suitable warriors to solve this out in the future.
    NEW ALBUM "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Actually if that makes easier for Super7 to produce and sell vehicules I would say a big YES !
    Of course if that let us get more figures that would be a big YES too !
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:[email protected] $$$$$

Heroic Warrior
    Sure why not. Either way I'm not bothered by it.

Heroic Warrior
    I voted not so it would be cheaper.

Technically just the vehicle to make it cost effective. I love how they "snuck in" figures with vehicles and if that was the only way to get certain figures, sure do it.

I feel like Super 7 is totally happy just releasing a figure and does not have to rely on "sneaking" a figure in that way.

At the end of the day I want more figures and there are a number of vehicles I'd like. However they get them out I am open to.

I voted "Yes, I want it to come with a figure; the more figures, the better!"

I mean, another figure why might not get otherwise is always a plus. I think it's best if it isn't a figure with insanely high demand. Also, part of my rationale is that I reeeeeeeeeally want more vehicles, and there are so many "figure-only" collectors, that the vehicles will sell much better if a figure is included.
    "I am The Mad Bubbler... breathe in the vapors of my madness!"

Heroic Master of Typos davidlogan's Avatar
    I don't care if they come with a figure or not, but if coming with a figure, means the figure doesn't get the proper attention like Mattel's Point Dreadful Teela, then just concentrate on the vehicle.
    "..."

I couldn't find my preferred response which is: I don't care as long as we get more vehicles. I feel like there's still a-list vehicles we don't have, while the figures we have left are mostly from the c-list pool, so I am not so focused on figures. If excluding them helps keeps the price down and sell more, great. If on the other hand, including the figure makes the vehicle more attractive and likely to sell, then include it.

I vote no.

It makes the vehicle cheaper and keeps the figure separate... so you don't have to buy multiple vehicles just to get multiple figures and vice versa.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Fisto needs to come with Strider if a Club Grayskull version happens...

The reality is that I am much more likely to buy the vehicle if it comes with the figure. I might have passed on the Roton if the Skelcon weren't included.

voted no so vehicle is cheaper as closest match to I only want the figure as the shipping to the uk and customs charges make vehicles and playsets too expensive to purchase for me...still hoping for a skelcon carded figure release so I can afford one (ebay costs are also too high)
    Hoping for figures of: King Hsss slave girl, Major Header, Hans Hammerholder, Bubblor, Lady slither, Redeye, grr, Kayla, Gorgonne and the myp giants.

"everything will probably not be all right, but we have to try." V. Putin
    " sometimes it is necessary to be lonely in order to prove that you are right." V. Putin

To keep pricing down, I would prefer they didn't.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

http://give.transplants.org/goto/justintrease

Heroic Warrior
    No. Keep the vehicle cheaper and put the cost towards extra paint applications.
    It's all been done before. Everything to say has already been said. Do me a solid and pretend I posted something witty and original here

Heroic Warrior
    The more figs the better!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Heroic Warrior
    I'm with everyone who says the more figures the better but Mattel isn't making them anymore. Figures aren't $20 or $25. That figure is going to drive the price of the vehicle up at least an extra $35 and you may not even want/like the figure. With so many figures in the line now, there's no reason to include one with vehicles. Super 7 can take the same figure and release it separately for the same $35 on pre-order the same day as the vehicle if they want to give people the option to buy it if they really want to. There's no need to drive the price of a vehicle up an extra $35 for a figure variant you may not want. On the other side, if someone wants the figure but not the vehicle there's no point in making them pay $100 or more to get it instead of $35.

Bundling figures to add an extra $35 or more to the price of the vehicle will only result in less vehicles sold. Bundling a vehicle with a figure to add an extra $70 to the price will only result in less figures sold to those who want the figure. No need to do either. If S7 is going to make both, sell them both separately on the same day on the same pre-order. No need to bundle them together. As laughing Prince Adam is showing us, figures do not need to be part of a wave to be sold. If S7 had a figure to put up for pre-order the same day they put up Stridor, they could have sold the figure and Stridor both without bundling them together, making people who wanted either to pay $100.

I voted no, but that primarily comes from the fact that I'm not collecting the vehicles. Don't get me wrong, they all look amazing for sure, I just don't have the room to display them. And they are already pretty pricey. I'd rather not have to get a vehicle just to get the included figure. I know selling the vehicle by itself will likely recoup most of the cost, it's just bit of a hassle. Plus figure-less vehicles are cheaper for collectors.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

The vehicles that have been released thus far have sort of been beasts in terms of their size.
    I'm ready for the next few to be along the lines of: Road Ripper, Laser Bolt, Jet Sled, Land Shark.

Slimmer-profiled vehicles that won't eat up so much shelf space with their circumference or wing span.

Going forward with some of the smaller vehicles (I'm assuming that would equal smaller combined-with-a-figure price tag for something like Road Ripper + Figure Vs. Fright Fighter + Figure?), I think it would make it so that if you pack a figure in there, the cost for both would (hopefully) be under $80 for the pair. I'm all for packing in a, let's use for example a variant like a new Roboto, to go with Laser Bolt would equal more bang for the buck, but I wouldn't like to see more army builders used, personally.
    If they wanted to put a DC mini-comics Tri-Klops with Land Shark, a new He-Man with improved wrist articulation and a new facial expression or something like that with Jet Sled, and a classic toy colors Man-E-Faces with Road Ripper... it'd be a way to get some of those random variants people have wanted that might not get otherwise as vehicle pack-ins.
    Last edited by zodak74; July 20, 2018 at 08:51pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I vote no.

It makes the vehicle cheaper and keeps the figure separate... so you don't have to buy multiple vehicles just to get multiple figures and vice versa.
    Once again we are in agreement.

While I would almost always buy both figure and vehicle separately anyway I’d like to have the flexibility to buy them in whichever quantity I wanted with out having to buy them both in the same quantity. The Roton was a perfect example of this. I would have liked to buy a few of the minions but not multiple Rotons. Yeah there is always EBay but some folks may not be into vehicles or not have room for them and may only wish to collect figures. I’d always take the option of flexibility.

Heroic Warrior
    If they produced the vehicle and any of these variants you mention, what's the upside to packing the figures in with the vehicles instead of putting them both up for pre-order separately? Surely they will sell more figures at $35 than they will if they force people to buy a vehicle they may not want and spend $80 or $100 to get it. Surely they will sell more vehicles at $45-$65 than they would if they forced people to spend $80-$100 to get a pack in figure with it they may not want. For those who want both, they could still simply pre-order both the figure and the vehicle for the same price. I'm not seeing the upside of packing the figure in with the vehicle. Just seems like a way for S7 to make a figure not to sell but to make it specifically to be rare, specifically manufacture it to sell less copies of it by giving it a very high retail price.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Vehicules should come wigth a figure to give us more slots per year for figures
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:[email protected] $$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    Vehicules should come wigth a figure to give us more slots per year for figures
    that is the reason why i voted yes: more figures per year

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Collec-Tor View Post
    The more figs the better!
    yes !