Thread: Super7 Supercast Episode 4

Super7 Supercast Episode 4

Brian Flynn from Super7 is here to give you updates on the current state of all things Masters of the Universe. This video covers updates different brands and products from Super7. But for MOTU fans, we get updates for:
    • MOTUC Ultimate Editions shipping updated - 0:23
    • 2017 SDCC Skelebration exclusives and more - 5:07
    • New MOTUC reveals - 7:10
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Heroic Warrior

Super7 Supercast Episode 4

Sweet! Will we need a coin to get in to the Skelebration? And will the CC and CG figures also be at their booth at some point?

Widget
    While I have no problems with having a good time, I see this as sort of a Nero fiddling while Rome is burning kind of moment. There have been a few too many stumbles (understandable though they may be) with the recasting of molds, paint apps not matching prototypes, which is all we get to go on before preordering, and biggest of all, at least to me, not being upfront with the packaging change. It's all to similar to the negative aspects of Scott's videos and messages. I feel we will soon be getting the classic "At least you're getting new Masters!" sell again.
    I was hoping, with Mattel relinquishing the reigns, that peace would settle over the fan base again and we could go back to enjoying the brand and being excited about the future. Now here we are again with a branch raising complaints, many justified and some focused too much on dislike of who's in charge and the company making them, those who attack the "negators" as being a threat to getting more figs, and the rest of us, who can see valid points by both sides but know there's not a whole lot that can change what is given to us right now and hope for better with the future figs.

I really like the Supercast videos. It's nice that a company will put out an update video showing off their upcoming products and events. Not many toy companies do anything like that, you can tell Super7 enjoys what they do.

I think brian's inhaling too much new toy smell

He's a riot

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darkhawk411 View Post
    I was hoping, with Mattel relinquishing the reigns, that peace would settle over the fan base again and we could go back to enjoying the brand and being excited about the future. Now here we are again with a branch raising complaints, many justified and some focused too much on dislike of who's in charge and the company making them, those who attack the "negators" as being a threat to getting more figs, and the rest of us, who can see valid points by both sides but know there's not a whole lot that can change what is given to us right now and hope for better with the future figs.
    I can see both sides of this with the Ultimates. Super7 wanted to do resealable packaging which excited fans but that had to get changed due to the mattel Factory not wanting to go forward with that type of packaging unless new packaging was tooled due to the first set not meeting the safty drop test requirement. Then there was the pictures showing the factory put heavy dark wash over He-Man & teela's hair and Ram-Mans dull gray armor instead of silver like it should have been.

Then there was the section of the Fan base not bothered by any of this. I'm sure these will look good in hand as sometimes picture make things appear darker than they really are. Reguardless though Super 7 is no longer using the Mattel Factory and I for one am happy for this because that factory had a very bad habit of sloppy paint aplications and massive derpy eye syndrome and I think Super7 expects better for it's customers. So I'm looking forward to collectors Choice and Club Grayskull wave one figures to arrive and Very much looking forward to seeing wave 2 of both these lines at SDCC.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Yeah, definitely has to do with your mindset. If you're upset about a Super7 product (which I completely understand a fan/customer's POV on that), and Brian is being humorous, then it's going to read to you as him being dismissive. But if you're content or happy, then he reads as being light-hearted. I know he definitely intends for it to be the latter.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Yeah, definitely has to do with your mindset. If you're upset about a Super7 product (which I completely understand a fan/customer's POV on that), and Brian is being humorous, then it's going to read to you as him being dismissive. But if you're content or happy, then he reads as being light-hearted. I know he definitely intends for it to be the latter.
    They took care of me for my refund request for the Ultimates. I'm eagerly awaiting my Filmation set later this year and will undoubtedly give them at the very least one more shot to keep making awesome toys.

Heroic Warrior
    This was a great update! Can't wait to see the next waves for CG and Ultimates!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I have serious doubt that is his intention. He is attempting to defuse or minimize criticism through snark. Good luck with that.

- - - Updated - - -

The He-Man in in his hands has even darker hair than what the earlier pictures from German collectors seemed to show.

- - - Updated - - -

For those, like me, who would rather be scratched by a cat than watch these videos, there isn't much information that hasn't already been released. The MOTUC Ultimates were sitting in the SF Bay waiting for customs at the time of the video. He estimated that they were about seven days into a 3-10 day wait for customs and that about five days after that they would be shipping them.

They will be revealing both CC and CG figures at Skelebration (or whatever their SDCC event is called).
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

I found the video entertaining. Your enjoyment of these videos is probably going to be all about what you are bringing to it as far as your personal bias. He should have addressed the packaging for those that are concerned about it though. I'm pretty interested to see what will be in CC and CG waves 2.

Heroic Warrior
    Always enjoy these videos, I love the way Brian keeps it fun, after all, they do make toys and not life altering medication.

Can't wait for the CG and CC reveals and although this is not the right forum, those ReAction figures and carry case are awesome!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

For those, like me, who would rather be scratched by a cat than watch these videos, there isn't much information that hasn't already been released. The MOTUC Ultimates were sitting in the SF Bay waiting for customs at the time of the video. He estimated that they were about seven days into a 3-10 day wait for customs and that about five days after that they would be shipping them.

They will be revealing both CC and CG figures at Skelebration (or whatever their SDCC event is called).
    Thank you. That saves me having to watch the video.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Heroic Warrior
    I thoroughly enjoy the videos and look forward to them. Bring on new MOTU figures!

Heroic Warrior
    The main sell to me was the resealable packaging for nostalgia reasons. However I understand that Super7 probably made a promise they couldn't keep for unforeseen reasons and I'll give them a pass for that, probably not even their fault. Not even making people aware of the change as soon as they knew about it and furthermore not even mentioning it in the podcast above though is frankly pushing their luck with me. I won't open my ultimates and I'll keep hold of them in the hope they'll be some kind of Zoloworld thing released to make them displayable in packaging and if not I'll just sell them on sealed and buy some loose original matty ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkysharky View Post
    The main sell to me was the resealable packaging for nostalgia reasons. However I understand that Super7 probably made a promise they couldn't keep for unforeseen reasons and I'll give them a pass for that, probably not even their fault. Not even making people aware of the change as soon as they knew about it and furthermore not even mentioning it in the podcast above though is frankly pushing their luck with me. I won't open my ultimates and I'll keep hold of them in the hope they'll be some kind of Zoloworld thing released to make them displayable in packaging and if not I'll just sell them on sealed and buy some loose original matty ones.
    They already explained what happened with the packaging change.

Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    They already explained what happened with the packaging change.
    In a random facebook or instagram post some time (possibly months) after they made the decision.

They did a GREAT job communicating and taking ownership of it.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

I enjoyed Scott's videos and I enjoy these. Always great to have communication and I find him really entertaining.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

I enjoy the videos AND being scratched by a cat. But I also have the worlds most adorable cat.

Professor SkeleTorbeck Streamside's Avatar
    I'm disappointed with a product, but I still read him as being light-hearted.

That doesn't mean I'm not passionate, it doesn't mean that I think we can't criticize S7 for over-promising and under-delivering (e.g., packaging), or even for poor execution of other things (such as the darkest hair we've ever seen on He-man, dropping the ball on communicating about the packaging, &c. ), but at the end of the day, like I've said before, I'd still be buying these figures if I saw them on a rack at my local comic shop or toy store. I think it does mean, though, that we can and should criticize folks' decisions/work without thinking badly of them as people or ascribing to them some malicious intent.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkerBoh
    Always enjoy these videos, I love the way Brian keeps it fun, after all, they do make toys and not life altering medication.

Can't wait for the CG and CC reveals and although this is not the right forum, those ReAction figures and carry case are awesome!!
    Seconded. Can't wait to see new CG and CC! I don't even collect ReAction, but I might start, just for the case (and that sweet, sweet case-sniffing action)!

the videos are quite humorous. I like them immensely. I appreciate the time and production. here is to the new reveals in a couple of days.