Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Pixel Dan walk-through, livestream, photo gallery: Super7 MOTUC reveals at SDCC 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Fandabidozi View Post
    Does anyone know if a new Cringer is planned. He's my no. 1 want atm.
    No plans for a Cringer have been announced and he wasn't part of these reveals.

It would be nice if they would create a better one as an add-on for someone, but I don't know when they would do that.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Does anyone know if a new Cringer is planned. He's my no. 1 want atm.
    Yes, at one point he was planned, before Matty jumped ship and closed down. As the rumor goes, he was supposedly going to be part of a 2-Pack with Prince Adam at last year's Comic Con.

From the last WTFWTK (#160):

3. MaxGoof: We were told that the non-articulated Cringer figure released with Queen Marlena was a placeholder until Mattel could give us an articulated Cringer. It's been five years now and an articulated Cringer still has yet to be released. Do you have an update on this figure?

It's in the works. We promise.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Yes, at one point he was planned, before Matty jumped ship and closed down. As the rumor goes, he was supposedly going to be part of a 2-Pack with Prince Adam at last year's Comic Con.

From the last WTFWTK (#160):
    Wonder if theres a test shot floating around?
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    Since we are talking about the sorceress, I figured I'd bring this up. It didn't seem to get any attention in the support thread I put up.

After seeing the pictures from Toyark (Thank you Toyark, I have used your full on front shot for this post)

The Sorceress figure looks AMAZING. Of course, I have one caveat to that. Her head. Let's get this straight out of the way first: This might be the most beautiful female head sculpted in classics. It is breathtaking. It is also too large for her body proportions.

Here are some comparisons with source material.

http://i65.tinypic.com/fw63ol.jpg

And here, we have the actual head sizes from the toy and Filmation swapped, and positioned to look the most anatomically correct on the different bodies.

http://i64.tinypic.com/ezew5j.jpg

Here we see the heads swapped, but retaining the original proportions of their heads to their bodies.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2n8zzhv.jpg

And finally, here is a manipulation with her actually sculpted head made to be more proportionate to her body, with the original size head next to it.

http://i66.tinypic.com/ou78xs.jpg

Sure, you could maybe make it a LITTLE bigger, but it is just way too big now.

The proportions of her head to her body are WAY off from any other female classics figure as well, except HAWKE...

http://i66.tinypic.com/2din2p4.jpg

I am still waiting to see a production sample of Hawke, and to see how off her head is. After looking at that figure more, I have decided the proportions on her are just all over the place.
    From what I recall, all the Club Grayskull figures had heads that were slightly too big, proportionately (considering that a human should be about 7.5 to 8 heads tall). I remember noticing this and measuring it. I believe the Classics figures also tended to have heads slightly too big, making them like 7.3 heads tall or something, while CG figures were like 7 heads tall.

Quote Originally Posted by Etherius Eterno View Post
    From what I recall, all the Club Grayskull figures had heads that were slightly too big, proportionately (considering that a human should be about 7.5 to 8 heads tall). I remember noticing this and measuring it. I believe the Classics figures also tended to have heads slightly too big, making them like 7.3 heads tall or something, while CG figures were like 7 heads tall.
    Skeletor, He-man, Beastman Clawful and Evil-lyn don't seem to be that large. Trap-Jaws head is actually smaller than the classics. The new Tung Lasher definitely has a huge head, but that is correct to source (Filmation)

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    The reveals this year were pretty cool. I can't wait to see what lovely Granita will look like in toy form. She'll be an awesome addition to the line.

I was a bit surprised to see two Horde members in the same wave and was expecting a Galactic Guardian like Kayo (to somehow balance the tooling costs of Dylamug). Still both Dylamug and Wrap Trap look cool.

Karg was a hell of a surprise too. I wish he gets his "movie colors".

Can't wait to see more of these guys (and Granita!!!!!!!!)
    10 Most needed items for MOTUC...

Heroic: King Miro / Prince Dakon
    Evil: Skeleteen
    POP: King Micah / Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Hunga the Harpy
    POG: Oracle, Sharella
    NA: Sebrian / Sagitar

Thanks for the info guys. I can fairly assume that TFH have sculpted Cringer so he should show up at some point.
    I always find it amusing/bizarre that there's a lot of talk about D-Z list characters being the only ones left when one of the top guys in the show has never got a 'proper' figure. Maybe it's because Classics Battle-Cat was outstanding and lil Cringer was a bit meh?

Thanks for the info guys. I can fairly assume that TFH have sculpted Cringer so he should show up at some point.
    I always find it amusing/bizarre that there's a lot of talk about D-Z list characters being the only ones left when one of the top guys in the show has never got a 'proper' figure. Maybe it's because Classics Battle-Cat was outstanding and lil Cringer was a bit meh?
    I think there's just generally less interest in beasts or maybe people realize how hard it is to make them and are concentrating on figures.

I'd like a Cringer over any of the CC figures announced so far (all eight in fact), but I'm much more interested in figures like Sorceress and She-Ra.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Ah, I hadn't thought of it that way. I'm thinking where's Cringer he's a top tier character but its also correct that he'd be a beast slot figure and therefore kinda in a different discussion.
    Another reason Cringer has fallen through the cracks I guess. -sobs-

Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    It would be nice if they would create a better one as an add-on for someone, but I don't know when they would do that.
    An add-on! How very dare you sir.
    Last edited by Fandabidozi; August 1, 2017 at 09:16pm. Reason: Edited for sobbing.

Ah, I hadn't thought of it that way. I'm thinking where's Cringer he's a top tier character but its also correct that he'd be a beast slot figure and therefore kinda in a different discussion.
    Another reason Cringer has fallen through the cracks I guess. -sobs-

An add-on! How very dare you sir.
    I doubt Cringer has fallen through the cracks, since we know he was worked on and probably completed. If I had to guess, I'd say Super 7 is probably saving Cringer & Adam as a con exclusive, but couldn't have it ready for SDCC (since they're just barely getting the repaint figures into buyers' hands now). I'd be shocked if Cringer isn't in queue for a release.

At least MOTU fans have ONE Cringer on their shelves. Apart from not being articulated he looks great too. POP fans have ZERO Spirit and for all intents and purposes Spirit is an A-list character appearing in every She-Ra episode. The line has got Nephtu, Plundor, Gygor, character X appearing once on page Y of comic Z but no Spirit after 9 years and over 400 releases.
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    At least MOTU fans have ONE Cringer on their shelves. Apart from not being articulated he looks great too. POP fans have ZERO Spirit and for all intents and purposes Spirit is an A-list character appearing in every She-Ra episode. The line has got Nephtu, Plundor, Gygor, character X appearing once on page Y of comic Z but no Spirit after 9 years and over 400 releases.
    I totally agree!
    Awesome sticker included!

Heroic Warrior
    I know I asked thing before but did Brian Flynn mention anything about the Sorceress' wings? I love the newer Filmation version of her. She turned out great. Now the long wait begins to get her in our hands.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by cryanmchsi View Post
    I know I asked thing before but did Brian Flynn mention anything about the Sorceress' wings? I love the newer Filmation version of her. She turned out great. Now the long wait begins to get her in our hands.
    I think in Pixel Dan's video he mentioned that her wings are being worked on, and that the prototypes shown are so hot off the press that articulation and range of motion haven't been 100% thought through yet...

i can't find a specific thread for the topic, and i haven't posted for a while but ...

oh
    my
    god

KARG

yes

''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    i can't find a specific thread for the topic, and i haven't posted for a while but ...

oh
    my
    god

KARG

yes

I know, right?! He looks SO awesome and sinister!

PS
    Good to see you posting again!
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

if Sorceress needs ANY accessory it's the Zoar/Screeech bird in proper colors. I don't know how Mattel could release 2 versions of Zoar and completely get the colors so wrong-though the first missed the blue totally. Zoar is ORANGE, not red. Painting a faint yellow spray over the second version doesn't cut it- cast it in orange.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd also support a new Cringer, not for the articulation, but because the Marlena pack-in is too small. Cringer was fairly big in the cartoon, a bit bigger than Adam. The pack-in just doesn't come close. It barely looks like it scales well to the vintage toys. Cringer should be around 2/3 to 3/4 Battle Cat size.