Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Pixel Dan walk-through, livestream, photo gallery: Super7 MOTUC reveals at SDCC 2017

These are two fantastic waves. I'm definitely in for CG, I'm still deciding on Horde Mummy/WrapTrap, but I may just get him too! He looks wicked. I want Granita for sure and MEF. The others really look fantastic. So happy to see Dylamug. I think that the POP rights are now secured and we can expect many more new creations in the upcoming waves. Finally we might be seeing Hunga and Admiral Scurvy - even the red knight!!!!
    Great time to be a MOTUC fan!!!

Okay, I was very low key with the end of the MOTUC series at Mattel, but Super 7 is bringing me back to 2012 levels of excitement! Everything looks great. Ultimate Teela looks beautiful. Finally we have "boob swivel" for the females in MOTUC! I was never a huge fan of waist swivel or ab crunch for the females...this is the way to go for a better look!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan View Post
    So happy to see Dylamug. I think that the POP rights are now secured and we can expect many more new creations in the upcoming waves. Finally we might be seeing Hunga and Admiral Scurvy - even the red knight!!!!
    Great time to be a MOTUC fan!!!
    I really hope the POP rights are secured. I'd love to see an Ultimate and Filmation version of She-Ra before the line ends.

I also wouldn't mind Mortella and a Filmation Glimmer.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Wow! Dylamug and the Horde Mummy! I honestly never thought we'd get the mummy myself. I think those are my most wanted figures left.

Karg and Granita are also great additions too.

The Filmation figures look great as well. Might have to get those this time around as well as that Tounge Lasher looks amazing. Sorceress looks great too. So does Mer-Man but I still love how the original Mer-Man looked.

Very excited! These waves can't come fast enough.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Quote Originally Posted by Seril View Post
    Very excited! These waves can't come fast enough.
    Seconded. I'm ready to preorder right now.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

whoa, those are indeed terrific (especially Filmation Mer Man, the whole reason I've been buying the Filmation figures all along, just to get him!)

I eagerly await seeing a fourth figure for each. And hope the CC one is BUBBLOR, naturally. Though, my guess is it would be Lady Slither, since they seem to be hitting those 'most demanded' figures fast. And there's no female in the batch right now. Hope remains for Bubblor one day...

Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Horde Mummy is a definite buy from me. But if I have to buy all three CC figures to get Wrap Trap, that's okay with me. I wasn't itching for a Karg figure but I'll take it to help fill in another MOTU unique movie villain void. And while I had no interest in Dylamug as a character, I have to say that the figure looks pretty cool. I'd have no regrets about owning him.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Loves -
    Filmy Sorceress! She looks great. My Sorceress is a factory second I got from the China wars. Would love to replace her with this improved version.

Karg - YES. I made a custom one a whole back and while I think I did an admirable job, obviously this is much better.

Wrap Trap - Amazing sculpt on this guy!! I don't understand the name but I love the figure. I hope he had a neat "real name" on his bio.

Likes -
    Dylamug - the vacuum tubes on his head may just win me over. Is he in the Filmy line or CC, should be Filmy but I'll let that go. He looks pretty cool but I hope his Filmy Horde logo can be swapped out for a traditional one.

Meh -
    Filmy Mer Man - he sure looks like Filmy Mer Man.

Tung Lashor - this guy looks like a spare parts disaster. But he is cartoon accurate so he has that going for him.

Gotta love that face

Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

PIXEL-DAN...

Please ask why we haven't seen any 200x representation since super7 took over?
    MYP SKELETOR , Kay-la, ABC GIANTS, MYP Evil-lyn, MYP Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Queen Andreeno ,MYP King Randor, MYP or Dc Tri-Klops, MYP Squeeeze, General Rattlor, MYP Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by Lando452 View Post
    Gotta love that face

http://i.imgur.com/BQKRrFi.jpg
    I'd actually like to use that face on a Classics Mer-Man body.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Quote Originally Posted by T-man View Post
    PIXEL-DAN...

Yes that's a good question. Hopefully just coincidence. Would be horrible if they didn't have the rights. I need my King Miro!

Any news on Snake Mountain?
    Awesome sticker included!

Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    I really hope the POP rights are secured. I'd love to see an Ultimate and Filmation version of She-Ra before the line ends.

I also wouldn't mind Mortella and a Filmation Glimmer.
    I'm with you. Please Dan: Ask about the POP FILMATION SITUATION!

If I had to have one's nitpick I think it's that I would rather have seen Dylamug done in the "Classics" style with more technological detail, but looks like a must buy either way.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfHeMan View Post
    If I had to have one's nitpick I think it's that I would rather have seen Dylamug done in the "Classics" style with more technological detail, but looks like a must buy either way.
    That is Classics Dylamug.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by T-man View Post
    PIXEL-DAN...

Yeah, good question.

I thought the same thing about Hawke.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    I'd actually like to use that face on a Classics Mer-Man body.
    I hope that one will come with Ultimate Mer-Man. Painted to fit, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    That is Classics Dylamug.
    He may technically be in "Collector's Choice" or whatever they're calling it now, but the styling of the sculpt is clearly made to mirror the cartoon with a CG type aesthetic.

Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    What great reveals !!!!!!
    I have to say that I nearly could have excpected better (replacing Karg by Hunga).

But ... and it is not a complain :

WHERE IS STRIDOR ?????????

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    The big surprise here is Karg: not that he desn't have the absolute support from fandom, just that we thought the rights for making him in plastic were beyond reach. Well done S7! Besides achieving this for us, in my opinion Karg's figure is a piece of art, I mean, the sculpting is clearly above the rest of the line-up shown so far.

Faces of CG ladies seem to continue improving: Sorceress is gorgeous! I like how 4H are working on sculpting of feminine characters after S7 takeover. I could be considering buying this Sorceress to have mother and daughter.

Dylamug, not my thing. I could have considered him if he had more details, but instead seems more in a Filmation style rather than what we learned to recognize as the Classics style.

Overall, I think S7 took the safe way to hit fan demands, but this is one more year of SDCC where I end a bit dissapointed about not seeing Sagitar made. It's a great design and I'm sure would make a great figure.

So where's the New Adventures?

On topic, great set of reveals for both lines. I find it baffling to offer so many highly-demanded figures in one CC wave, though, and figured they would not have two Filmation POP figures in the same wave. Guess there's no way to really predict how future waves will turn out. Really shocked that 200X King Miro is still absent.

Filmation Mer-Man is perfect. Not quite sold on the Sorceress yet, and a Kodak Ungol head would help win me over completely. I'll have to wait and see if I want another MEF; not attached to Horde Tung Lashor but I may end up grabbing him. I wanted Karg at one point, but not anymore; glad he was made (through a 'loophole') for those who want him. The rest, I'll have to decide if I really want them; the $35 price point is still an issue for me.

In summary:

Where is New Adventures? Maybe they'll double up in the next wave with a GG and Mutant. I can hear the howls of despair now...
    Where's the rest of the Vintage New Adventures?
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Hoove, Chef Allen, Catra variants, Starburst She-Ra, Hunga the Harpy
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon, Skystalker, Shecky

Pixel Dan livestream of Super7 MOTUC reveals at SDCC 2017 & photo gallery

After looking more closely...does Sorceress' head look a little large to anyone else? Maybe it's just the angle.

I hope the wings are done line Peekablue's plumage. Yeah, she'll have a big hole in her back, but it's a decent compromise.

He may technically be in "Collector's Choice" or whatever they're calling it now, but the styling of the sculpt is clearly made to mirror the cartoon with a CG type aesthetic.
    Yup. The animated Horde bat...thing, whatever it is... that's gonna irk me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mer Jim View Post
    I eagerly await seeing a fourth figure for each. And hope the CC one is BUBBLOR, naturally. Though, my guess is it would be Lady Slither, since they seem to be hitting those 'most demanded' figures fast. And there's no female in the batch right now. Hope remains for Bubblor one day...
    Uh, it says on the card who the 4th figures are. Granita for CC and Man-E-Faces for CG.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.lukespicer.com