Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Pixel Dan walk-through, livestream, photo gallery: Super7 MOTUC reveals at SDCC 2017

Well my predictions proved to be wrong but the for bios shown in the dark horse book proved to be the ones super 7 choose (minus Lady Slither). The reveals are incredible. For the past few years karg has been my number one want and to be honest, i dont know how they were able to make him but im so glad they were able to. His accessories are spot on, and his scuplt is amazing. Now with this armor, we can use it for both Scrollos and King Miro. Best Reveal IMO.
    sdcc2017-motuc-cc-karg_full.jpg
    sdcc2017-motuc-cc-karg-gun-cg-tunglashor-jetpack_full.jpg
    87 kargs gun.jpg
    87 karg movie.jpg
    200x-captain_miro sword.png
    scrollosnew.jpg

Dymalug, another amazing reveal, looks perfect to me. The look, the light bulbs, everything is what i wanted. I had toy boy customs from argentina make a custom for me years ago, it looks spot on just like this one and the accessory couldnt be better, straight out of "Duel at Devlan"
    dymulug.jpg
    sdcc2017-motuc-cc-dylamug_full.jpg
    sdcc2017-motuc-cc-dylamug-blast_full.jpg

And Wrap Trap, again, it hasnt been clear as to wheather concepts are acceptable to make, but i guess they are. Love all the new parts, and as Gbabok said it looks like they took a demoman head and wrapped it in bandages, which looks great to me. I love love love the accessories with this guy. Awesome execution on this guy.
    sdcc2017-motuc-cc-wraptrap_full.jpg
    sdcc2017-motuc-cc-wraptrap-accessories_full.jpg

As for Granita, Im sure she will look awesome and there are 2 things i am really hoping for, first her rock outside is different from rokkon and stondar's, because then what can happen is they can use rokkons for facets outside and stondars for pebblass's outside, then use granitas for bouldars outside, all different rock outsides for 3 different figures, 3 male, 3 female. the other thing im hoping for is they include Robowomens head with her, it prob a long shot but another way of getting people to buy multiple versions of her Like Hakwe and Delora

rockwomanvw1.jpg
    robowomen.jpg

As for CG, I am super stocked for Tung Lashor, he has been a long time coming and def deserves a slot. the jet pack is awesome as well as his scuplt, guy looks spot on. I dont remember the blaster all to well anyone have a screenshot of where it came from. The best reveal for me personally. All i need now Is Multibot (count Marzo wouldnt hurt either)!

The Socreress and Merman both look great, not really wanting them, head scuplt on both is great, im glad we are getting the crimson pearl spear with merman, but we should have got a filmation accurate trident or sword with him as well. As for the Sorceress, the wings look like they work only with the arms up, but we dont have the drums so im sure people are happy with that, the one thing i was really hoping for was a Koduk Ungol head to switch out for the sorceress, so that for those of us fans who already have a sorceress we have another character as it is only a head we need for her.
    poll3_kudukungolhead.jpg
    mer-mans-trident.jpg

Manefaces, I hope he gets a cool accessory.

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    Uh, it says on the card who the 4th figures are. Granita for CC and Man-E-Faces for CG.
    Oh! I missed that! Well, I was right that it was a female figure, at least...

Totally Dyslexic
    Wow!

Im so looking forward to seeing Granita!

Didnt expected her to be honest. I was sure we are getting Lady Slither.

Dylamug looks a little to cartoonish for my taste. The Horde Emblem should have been the proper MOTUC hordak face and not the FILMATION stylized head.
    He looks to clean and smooth for my taste. I was hoping for more uneven details like metal plates, pins or screws and stuff like that to be honest.

Karg looks interesting the more colorful approach is a nice touch.

Mer-Man looks almost menacing and i like that!

The Sorceress... i like the new upper body crunch which makes her waist very slender and cartoon appropriate. Im not sure about her face but its just one picture im open for a better look.
    My guess is the cape is removable and we get two one opened and the other one closed not attached so that she can move her arms this time but the cape is simply not attached (again). Similar to her vintage action figure but without the action feature.

The Mummy/Wrap Trap looks like fun. I need to see some more detailed pictures from him as well.

All in all nice reveal. Waiting for Man-E-Faces. I hope next time we get at least two female characters and maybe an oversized figure(Sagitar)?
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I am BEYOND THRILLED to be getting my Most-Wanted figure: Granita!!!!! I can't wait to see her! I actually don't need rock shells for her. I just want her to look Filmation, but with added details to make her outfit fit in a little better with Stondar & Rokkon, like I did in my illustration of her (some added metallic paint applications would be nice!):
    clear-495a83e08fc8e5d7569efe6339a1228ee08292fa1f2bee8e0be6532990cb3852.gif

Sorceress looks EXCELLENT! I hope she comes with a Kodak Ungol head! I would buy 2!

Karg is fantastic, and I'm stoked to be getting Dylamug. Those light bulbs on the top are incredible. I don't hate Wrap Trap. Tung is awesome. Glad to be getting him, and Mer-Man is cute. I'm surprised they went with MEF over Tri-Clops, but it's all good.

Now that they've given me Granita, I guess I have to yell more for the 3 Twiggets, Hunga, Joya, and Josh.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!" - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

WANT: Twiggets, Hunga, Josh, Joya/Bubblerina, King Ahgo, Wise Old Wizardess,
    Crimson Fury, Melog, Kowla, Red Eye, Staghorn, ALL New Adventures, Sharella,
    Gray, Kittrina, Melaktha, Miranda, Lt. Andra, Illumina, Lady Slither, MYP Evil-Lyn,
    MYP Sorceress, King Miro, Songster, Scrollos, Kayla, Skeleteen

Ha! Just two days after I was lamenting the lack of Karg to go with the other movie figures, they show a prototype of him! I'm definitely in for him and Wrap Trap. Probably wishful thinking on my part, but I can't help wondering now if we might actually get a Langella Skeletor... I'd buy both standard and gold-armored Master of the Universe versions. Been wanting those for thirty years now!
    I'm not interested in the Filmation-style figures, but they look very well done.

the Mummy is my 100% fave... so glad we're seeing this guy!!! tho he looks like he is missing the armband../...
    Check out by trade thread...looking to sell off parts

Thanks for the live stream Dan
    Some great reveals however I am really disappointed there's no New Adventures. I was really hoping for one per wave.
    Dylamug looks great my only nitpick is the Horde symbol is the cartoon version not the more toyline version. I get that it's cartoon accurate but this is CC not CG and they changed it to the toyline version on Octavia so not sure why they didn't here as well. It looks like it's removable so you can swap it with the one with the blast effect so I wish we could get a toyline version Horde symbol as well.
    Karg, wow what a surprise! So great to be getting him after all this time. Wish his hair could have been little whiter but I get he's based on the comic appearance.
    Horde Mummy an other surprise but also look great.
    Never really been fussed about Granita but I'm sure she'll look fine and happy for those who wanted her.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Pixel Dan will be doing a walk-through later at SDCC and he plans to cover many of the questions people have been asking.

Yep! It's coming post-SDCC. It was decided it was best to see the 2018 Wave 1 reveals first.

SonOfHeman covered it a bit above. It's US magazine Karg, which IMO is definitely better than no Karg. The 87 movie likeness rights still aren't on the table at this point in time, from my understanding.
    When is Wave one of 2018 reveals happening?

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    The ones we've seen so far look great, and I'm beyond thrilled to have the chance to add Karg and Dylamug to my Classics shelves, and Mer-Man to the Filmation shelf. I do hope they provide Sorceress a second Kuduk Ungol-inspired head as that would force me to buy two.
    Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Facebook

To the Powers that Be: Give me a proper King Miro figure, please!!

Yep! It's coming post-SDCC. It was decided it was best to see the 2018 Wave 1 reveals first.
    Awesome, bring it on!
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    When is Wave one of 2018 reveals happening?
    You're looking at them.

2017 MOTUC pre-orders were May. And they will be out Oct/Nov this year. That's 5 to 6 months from pre-order to ship date.

Pre-orders are Oct (maybe even Sep), but they won't be coming out until early 2018. Going by the 2017 MOTUC, I'd say a Mar/Apr ship date is what we should expect. But maybe we'll get lucky now that they are getting their groove on at Super7 with MOTUC
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

You're looking at them.

2017 MOTUC pre-orders were May. And they will be out Oct/Nov this year. That's 5 to 6 months from pre-order to ship date.

Pre-orders are Oct (maybe even Sep), but they won't be coming out until early 2018. Going by the 2017 MOTUC, I'd say a Mar/Apr ship date is what we should expect. But maybe we'll get lucky now that they are getting their groove on at Super7 with MOTUC
    Tell me, did the Power Con Adam get a new headsculpt, too?
    It looks so different in comparison with the regular Oolar....but.nice, that he well get the sword holder on the back :-)

One more question:
    Can we get a new Havoc Staff for the Club Grayskull Skeletor based on the head fromthe vibtage Filmation Skeletor....it looks so much better than the classic version....

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    One more question:
    Can we get a new Havoc Staff for the Club Grayskull Skeletor based on the head from the vibtage Filmation Skeletor....it looks so much better than the classic version....
    My question is whether the vintage Skeletor head will fit on a classics body. Love the hood sculpt.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Love the sorceress. But do you guys think the face looks like filmation? Maybe we need better pics

Quote Originally Posted by bcbsdrg View Post
    Love the sorceress. But do you guys think the face looks like filmation? Maybe we need better pics
    Looks very good to me. More spot-on than Evil-Lyn. There will be more pics soon I bet.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I feel that Super7 is just braver than Mattel about using characters from alternate media even though they appeared in the Movie. I always thought this was a legit reason to try it. Heck, maybe they even researced a bit and discovered those magazines were covered in the license.
    I remember Brian Flynn speaking about Karg in an interview a while back and the creator of the character would not deal with Mattel, but said he might agree a deal to use his character with them since Super7 are independant of Mattel. I'm guessing that they managed to get the permission from the creator (isn't the guy a guest at the upcoming Power-Con?) but without the movie rights they cannot make him 100% movie accurate so did him based on other media appearances.
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Quote Originally Posted by bcbsdrg View Post
    I think we need better pictures
    Here are some comparison pictures

Last edited by Lando452; July 20, 2017 at 04:55pm.
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

Even though I decided to no longer purchase MOTU figures and get out of the 6 inch scale, Arg will finally be mine.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Tell me, did the Power Con Adam get a new headsculpt, too?
    It looks so different in comparison with the regular Oolar....but.nice, that he well get the sword holder on the back :-)

One more question:
    Can we get a new Havoc Staff for the Club Grayskull Skeletor based on the head fromthe vibtage Filmation Skeletor....it looks so much better than the classic version....
    The hair is definitely new

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    The hair is definitely new
    I think it's just a different paint job.

You're looking at them.

I assume that the question was asked due to Brian's quote from last year's Comic Con stating that there would be 2 waves of 4 figures each from both lines, if memory serves.

As we have only seen one wave so far, I think many were under the assumption this wave was the back half of 2017. Given all the delays, and the transition to a new factory, and the 5 to 6 month wait from pre-orders being in-hand, I think it's fair to say there was no way another wave would make it in this year.

Court Magician
    Wow, all the reveals looks fantastic! I didn't think we would see a Karg any time soon...it gives me a little hope for some movie version figures. I will definitely be grabbing all of these! The Four Horsemen keep knocking 'em outta the park!

I love them all! However, I will never call him Wrap Trap...ever. He will be the Horde Mummy and that's that lol

- - - Updated - - -

Just going from memory here, but is Karg's hook on the wrong arm???

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
    I love them all! However, I will never call him Wrap Trap...ever. He will be the Horde Mummy and that's that lol

- - - Updated - - -

It was his left hand in the film,right hand in the comic so.....
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post

- - - Updated - - -

In the movie it was on his left hand

in the comics it shows up on his left also

and here is shows up on his right arm
    Last edited by Lando452; July 20, 2017 at 06:04pm.
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.