Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Ultimate Series 2: Your Top 3 Most Wanted

Ultimate Fisto (redder hair, otherwise the same)
    Ultimate Evil-Lyn* (less jaundice-colored, perhaps more fleshtone skin, repainted headpiece-less head, shaping staff)
    Ultimate Man-at-Arms (all previous heads, armor pieces, weapons, more weathered paint apps)

*ideally, I'd like to see all future female bucks with the newer upper torso pivot, rather than a waist swivel. I know this will probably never happen, as it would mean whole new molds for existing female bucks/outfits, etc, but still... I can dream.
    Last edited by The Timeless One; August 2, 2017 at 11:43pm. Reason: updated to comply with OP criteria, oops!
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

Ultimate Roboto: with both Classics and 200X heads, all compatible attachments in Roboto colors, in bolder richer colors that reflect his appearance in the Earl Norem MOTU 80's magazine pull-out poster.

Ultimate She-Ra: with both Classics heads from original release featuring improved paint jobs on the hair, eyes, and faces. Body should use all parts from Bubble Power She-Ra (minus the overlying armor attachment). Include swords from Bubble Power, Galactic Protector and original release in different colorways, include Galactic Protector shield in silver to match Power Sword.

Ultimate Man-E-Faces: include both heads, have the eyes on the masked human head painted white like classic toy, skin tone should match the '80s toy, include all Castle Grayskull "bonus weapons" from the original '80s Man-E release all in the same color.

Heroic Warrior
    EASY!

1)Man-at-Arms with all previously released heads, 200X arm cannon, first release gun and short sword, and mace. Don't care about paint scheme, maybe vintage toy- inspired.

2) Evil-lyn in yellow vintage scheme using the Battleground EL mold. Include matching blue cape, manic wand, staff extension, and dagger. Include yellow repainted helmet less head and the shaping staff.

3) She-ra with body from Bubble Power, but with NA She-ra's bodice to make TOY ACCURATE She-ra! Include both the original heads and BP head, both tiaras, BP armor, BP cape, BP sword, Sheild, red cape with irridescent (think Jewelstar cape) finish. Include both silver and gold original swords. This would be the prefect She-ra!

If they continue in waves of five, TRAP JAW WITH Kronos parts and all attachments in classics colors and ROBOTO with all accessories and attachments in MINI COMIC COLORS would be my picks as well.
    It's all been done before. Everything to say has already been said. Do me a solid and pretend I posted something witty and original here

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Utlimate Green Goddess (She so needs it!)
    Ultimate Whiplash ( i strongly support the idea of the mini comic colours)
    Ultimate Grizzlor (black face)
    NEW EP "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

Goddess - caucasian version, new unique head, two-piece armor as seen in media

Double Trouble - two unique heads

Wun-Dar - unique & classics heads
    Danielsan52

HELP! The Devil's in my Car!!
    The B-52's

The error figures.

1. Roboto
    2. Stinkor
    3. King Hssss
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, ARTILLA, TUVAR, BADDHRA, SLIME PIT BONE WARRIOR,

Heroic Warrior
    Just for fun, I decided to compile the count so far!

MAN-AT-ARMS - 12
    FISTO - 12
    ROBOTO - 12
    EVIL-LYN - 8
    STINKOR - 8
    TRAP JAW - 6
    WHIPLASH - 5
    GODDESS - 3
    SHE-RA - 3
    TRI-KLOPS - 2
    MAN-E-FACES - 2
    BEAST MAN - 2
    GRIZZLOR - 1
    WUN-DAR - 1
    KING HSSS - 1
    RATTLOR - 1
    SNOUT SPOUT - 1
    HE-MAN (VARIANT) - 1
    KING GRAYSKULL - 1
    BATTLE CAT - 1
    SY-KLONE - 1
    MER-MAN - 1

jscott991: I picked your first 3.

hadley: Clever way to work within the rules!

Niki: Sure! Why not?

The Timeless One: I didn't count Shadow Weaver as she doesn't meet the super-tough criteria! Do you have another choice?

danielsan52: I didn't count your Goddess or Double Trouble because as per the strict rules, no new heads allowed.
    I added Wun-dar as the vintage He-Man head could be used. Do you have another pick?

Let me know if I missed any!
    Last edited by abaddon; August 3, 2017 at 12:13am. Reason: Updated votes
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Trap Jaw
    Roboto
    Stinkor

(Sorry Fisto, no podium finish)

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I would want them to sculpt a few new parts for the next releases. Make them feel more deluxe

1) Fisto. With New Alacala Head + 200x Big Fist

2) Beast Man with Old Beastman Head (Repaint) + 200x Head

3) Roboto With 200x Head + Clip on 200x Armor

4) MAA Alacala Conquistador Head

5) Green Goddess--Non Transparent--Solid Green---200x Head Alternate Head
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

I think adding a few new sculpted accessories or parts is a good idea as well. I don't see the Ultimates as a chance to make hard to find figures necessarily, but more of a chance to alter the card back representations of the earlier figures or create slightly more toy accurate representations. Especially now that we finally have vintage He-Man heads.

1) Ultimate Mer-Man - Vintage toy accurate armor, monster feet and shins versus matching the card back, no gloves, both head sculpts

2) Ultimate MAA - All heads produced thus far, brown boots and fur shorts, modified armor without the fur lining, solid blue belt, all weapons including the 200x arm canon

3) Ultimate Trapjaw - all accessories, more vibrant blue paint

Runner-Up: Ultimate Jitsu - Toy accurate head (plus classics head), vintage gold vacuum metal hand (non-200x version)

Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    The Timeless One: I didn't count Shadow Weaver as she doesn't meet the super-tough criteria! Do you have another choice?
    Oops! Missed the bit about existing heads in the OP.

So, that's a +1 to MAA, then.

Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    I would want them to sculpt a few new parts for the next releases. Make them feel more deluxe

1) Fisto. With New Alacala Head + 200x Big Fist

2) Beast Man with Old Beastman Head (Repaint) + 200x Head

3) Roboto With 200x Head + Clip on 200x Armor

4) MAA Alacala Conquistador Head

5) Green Goddess--Non Transparent--Solid Green---200x Head Alternate Head

I'll add your first 3 minus the new parts.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Merman
    Stratos
    Hordak
    Does Galactus fart?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post
    The error figures.

1. Roboto
    2. Stinkor
    3. King Hssss
    What happened with King Hssss?
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Court Magician
    1. Green Goddess (non translucent)
    2. Fisto (keep or remove the 200x elements, and give us a mini comic red head)
    3. Whiplash (mini comic colors)

1.) Ultimate Beast Man - Original Orange with a slight tinge of red.King Chooblah Trunks. 2 heads (Same Mold) One normal, One painted in 200x face paint. Harness, Arm Pads, and Whips (One Traditional and the Other using Blades mold.) King Chooblah Chest colored up in Torso Color with breast plate in Blue

2.) Ultimate Tri-Klops - Same Skin Tone, slightly Darker Green armor, Green straps on boots, Geldor Waist, Vykron Lower Arms. Basic Sword, Blade Toy Sword, Sir Lazer-Lot sword all Silver blades, black grips and green highlights. Fisto Armor done in colors to mimic Tri-Klops Mini comic appearance.

3.) Ultimate Man-At-Arms - Lighter Green Body, Original 2 heads, Snake Head, non helmeted head (Battle Ram). Mace,Chest armor, Left Arm plate, Left leg greave, small blaster, blaster rifle (Plundor), Small Sword and re-colored Flogg armor.

4.) Ulltimate Mighty Spector - Apology Note from Mattel.
    Last edited by Shadow_Contact; August 3, 2017 at 05:38am.

This is a tough one for me...
    1) Fisto. Definitely because I need him, he's awesome, probably one of my favorite of the "good guys" and he's just too expensive to buy on the secondary market.
    2) Roboto Again, one of my childhood favorites, and I think he needs an upgrade since the original had cracking body problems.
    3) JItsu I almost went with MAA because he is a core character, but I think releasing Jitsu and Fisto at the same time would be cool. He could include the alternate head and the belt that came with Ninjor

1. Prince Adam
    2. Queen Marlena
    3. King Randor
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    What happened with King Hssss?
    Shoulders reversed in error by Mattel.

Heroic Warrior
    1. Man-E-Faces - he could come in his vintage colors packed with the red Man-E-Weapons.
    2. Green Goddess - In non-translucent green plastic. Pack in the Alcala Power Sword with her in addition to the standard Power Sword and Power Harness.
    3. Shadow Weaver - In brighter, more Filmation accurate colors. Give her a new spell blast to make her different from the subscription exclusive.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    If they do five like last time

Beast Man
    Mer Man
    MAA
    Stratos
    Trap Jaw

get out the main cast first

I don't really feel like I want anymore Ultimates, but I think it would be great to give others some of the following items that are high priced on the secondary market. With that said I would like to see:

Whiplash with the 200X head done utilizing Ceratus body parts...and some others.

Hordak...Utilizing Some Horde Prime parts so he has his 200X look and include the Horde Prime head colored in the off-white Hordak color instead of red.

Shadow Weaver. I just want other fans to be able to have her...be cool to include a different book or accessory.

Fisto...Come with all the accessories just packaged differently.
    MYP SKELETOR , Kay-la, ABC GIANTS, MYP Evil-lyn, MYP Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Queen Andreeno ,MYP King Randor, MYP or Dc Tri-Klops, MYP Squeeeze, General Rattlor, MYP Roboto

I don't care if they have extra heads or not- I use one and the rest get tossed in a box. I never bother to swap once I have the head I like. It' since to have the options but I don't require it. I'm also likely to pass if the figure is currently selling for a cheap price.

Trap Jaw- toy colors, abandon the metallic blue paint, retool the mouth to be flat with black. Some of the Weapons Pak parts.
    Roboto- fix the shoulders, weapons pak parts or other extra attachments. Toy colors
    Man-At-Arms- toy colors including the boots. Retool the armor to remove the fur bands, the vintage toy didn't have them. Same loadout as before with cannon, maybe ditch the 200X sword.

Well I would like to see at least the first 8-12 figures from the vintage line get this treatment, so I guess I'll go with the top 3 for me on that list.

Man-at-arms
    Merman
    Evil-Lynn and Stratos are tied for third.

Of course I'm really only interested in more of these if they continue the trend of altered paint jobs that better reflect the vintage figures.

Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    Regarding the intermediate count by abaddon, it would be nice to see :

A 3 figures batch with Roboto, Fisto and Man-at-arms

OR

A 5 figures batch with the above 3 + Stinkor and Evil-Lyn