Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: General Mills Monsters Cereals are ALIVE for Halloween!

Hang in there, Bow! Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    I think that's the only one I might actually wanna eat, though I do like all the punny names! Although I might get a wild hair and try a roast beef flavored cereal just to say I did, who knows?
    Haha, yeah, I know most of these would be very unsuccessful sells, lol, but I was just trying to think of what combinations could be done, regardless of taste, lol. And I think you're right, if these were real, Pearwolf would also be the only one I'd probably wanna try, lol. As for roast beef, I've never had horseradish on anything, so when I thought that one up I thought of Arby's and how they have "horsey sauce", which supposedly goes with their roast beef sandwiches, so there ya go (and thanks I love puns; I think the Vet's Hospital sketches on The Muppet Show are largely to blame for that, lol).

That one would be right up my Mom's alley, she loves black licorice! It oogs me out big-time, though. I'd rather have Renfield for a roommate that eat that stuff.
    Ha! And that's funny, my dad's big on black licorice, but the rest of us aren't. I can have a little, but don't go out of my way (for instance, I don't make it a point to hunt out black licorice jelly beans in multi-mixes, lol).
    Welcome to The She-Ra Photo Museum! Thousands of screencaps from Filmation's classic 1980's toon! For the Honor of Grayskull!

Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Man's Minion View Post
    Haha, yeah, I know most of these would be very unsuccessful sells
    Maybe not, those Jones Soda Co. Thanksgiving dinner flavored soda sets were pretty damn popular for a few years! These cereals might be right up their alley if they decided to expand beyond just soda.

Maybe not, those Jones Soda Co. Thanksgiving dinner flavored soda sets were pretty damn popular for a few years! These cereals might be right up their alley if they decided to expand beyond just soda.
    Hmm, good point---maybe I should email General Mills!
    Welcome to The She-Ra Photo Museum! Thousands of screencaps from Filmation's classic 1980's toon! For the Honor of Grayskull!

Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

I didn't eat these cereals much as a kid. The last few years I've gotten them on discount at Target once Halloween was over. I liked the rebooted Yummy Mummy a lot, so was disappointed when it was discontinued again after just a very brief return. The main three used to be around year round for all my years growing up, but my town rarely carried Boo Berry.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Hahaha! I would love to have seen that!

Haha, awesome---I have an old Trapper Keeper too!

Penny Dreadful's brilliant "Vanilla Helsing" has me wondering what other monster cereals there could be...how about:

Sass Squash - squash-flavored cereal with pumpkin-flavored marshmallows shaped like big Sasquatch feet

Pigfoot - ham-flavored cereal with bacon-flavored marshmallows shaped like Bigfoot feet

Vegpire Bat - carrot-flavored cereal with pea-flavored marshmallows shaped like bats

Pearwolf - pear-flavored cereal with apple-flavored marshmallows shaped like werewolf heads

Witch Bagel - bagel-flavored cereal with cream cheese-flavored marshmallows shaped like witch hats

Headless Horseradish - roast beef-flavored cereal with horseradish-flavored marshmallows shaped like horses

Corn-on-the-Cobweb - corn-flavored cereal with butter-flavored marshmallows shaped like cobwebs

The Creature from the Black Licorice Lagoon (okay that's a bit long to type on a box, haha) - black licorice cereal with black licorice-flavored marshmallows shaped like fins, lol
    These are hilarious. Headless Horseradish would be an interesting cereal flavor to say the least. Maybe instead of milk, you pour gravy into it!
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Awesome!
    I wish they'd add in some of King Tamusk's (Tom Bryski's) monster cereal designs as well. Like a new limited monster cereal each year.
    Thanks, Val! I'd love it if we'd get some new monster cereals, especially if they were inspired by my imaginary ones.

I'll have some prints of these available at Power-Con 2017.

Attachment 114014

Attachment 114015

Attachment 114016

Attachment 114017

Attachment 114018

Attachment 114019

Attachment 114020

Attachment 114021

Attachment 114022

Attachment 114023

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Thanks, Val! I'd love it if we'd get some new monster cereals, especially if they were inspired by my imaginary ones.

Hot damn. Those are the oyster's ice skates, good sir! Stellar work.

Love to see you also add in Danielle's Vanilla Helsing to your awesome roster
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    There should also be Cherry Kroogers

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar

Attachment 114014

Attachment 114015

Attachment 114016

Attachment 114017

Attachment 114018

Attachment 114019

Attachment 114020

Attachment 114021

Attachment 114022

Attachment 114023
    Awesome concepts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    These are hilarious. Headless Horseradish would be an interesting cereal flavor to say the least. Maybe instead of milk, you pour gravy into it!
    Thanks Penny! I've always loved creative writing, no matter how silly or groan-worthy, lol. Thanks for your inspiration!

And I'm sure someone would try gravy on the Headless Horseradish, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    There should also be Cherry Kroogers
    Haha, good one!

Whoa King Tamusk, Your Majesty, these are awesome! What great additions!

The local Target still doesn't have them out yet! I'm jonesin' for 'em real bad, man, I need my fix!

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    My local Walmart has them. I picked up my inaugural box of Count Chocula for the year.

The nice thing about Walmart is that they carry the larger "family sized" boxes. That seems to be the only place I ever see them.

I thought about you guys this weekend when I was at a flea market and saw a Count Chocula cereal box for sale

And I can't believe I haven't mentioned this yet before the 38th post in this thread, but I love novelty shirts, and I have two Monster Cereals novelty shirts: a blue Boo Berry one, and a purple one featuring the "famous trio" of Count Chocula, FrankenBerry, and Boo Berry. On a related Saturday morning note, I also have a School House Rock tee as well. I love my novelty tees!

Oh man, while I was looking for pics of them online (which I can't find, I guess they're "out of print" now), I found pics of these shirts: I love how saturated they are with their color schemes! And the exact look of the cereal fronts...man now I want these shirts, lol:

It's October! Let the Monster Cereal love begin!
    Last edited by Mer-Man's Minion; October 5, 2017 at 01:04pm.

I still haven't managed to find any Count Chocula yet. checked Target a few times, and had to take home Frankenberry and BooBerry as consolation prizes. It's weird, since Target usually gets piles of the stuff! I'm meeting a friend for lunch tomorrow, and we're gonna swing by the Walmart that's out that way to see if they've started carrying the monster cereals again. (It's been about five years since they carried them.) If I don't get some Chocula soon, heads are gonna roll!

I'm meeting a friend for lunch tomorrow, and we're gonna swing by the Walmart that's out that way to see if they've started carrying the monster cereals again. (It's been about five years since they carried them.)
    Maybe you can call ahead first and ask to save a trip if they (unfortunately) don't have them?

I was in a Kroger over the weekend and at the end of a row they had a cardboard display with the GM Monsters on them, but the display wasn't displaying the Monster cereals, or even any cereals; it was something totally unrelated. That was odd, lol.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I still haven't managed to find any Count Chocula yet. checked Target a few times, and had to take home Frankenberry and BooBerry as consolation prizes. It's weird, since Target usually gets piles of the stuff! I'm meeting a friend for lunch tomorrow, and we're gonna swing by the Walmart that's out that way to see if they've started carrying the monster cereals again. (It's been about five years since they carried them.) If I don't get some Chocula soon, heads are gonna roll!
    Maybe you can call ahead first and ask to save a trip if they (unfortunately) don't have them?

I was in a Kroger over the weekend and at the end of a row they had a cardboard display with the GM Monsters on them, but the display wasn't displaying the Monster cereals, or even any cereals; it was something totally unrelated. That was odd, lol.
    Well, I checked online and locally some Wal-Marts have the Frankenberry and Boo Berry cereal available for purchase. No Count Chocula though (only something called Count Chocula Treats (cereal bars)...

Edit: Whoops! Didn't read Drunken Fist's post completely and my post is fairly redundant. Doh!
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; October 10, 2017 at 12:57pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Didn't get to make the run over there today, unfortunately. I thought about calling them, but that typically doesn't yield good results when dealing with Walmart.

On a semi-related note, I'm planning to mix some Booberry and Frankenberry together.

EDIT: I did it! Tampering in god's domain here, folks.

On a semi-related note, I'm planning to mix some Booberry and Frankenberry together.

Haha..."Frankenboory"? lol

It was quite tasty until the villagers showed up at my door with torches and pitchforks.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    No Count Chocula though (only something called Count Chocula Treats (cereal bars)...
    The treats are actually really good and a nice snack if you're not feeling the whole cereal with milk experience. I personally hate dairy milk, but love the cereal bars.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Hopefully your lab doesn't go up in a nuclear explosion after you've killed your stealthy giant.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I've been really happy to see this thread because it helped answer a question that has plagued me for years. I remembered as a kid that at one time there was a Werewolf character that once upon a time was a cereal along with Count Chocula, Booberry and Frankenberry but I could never remember the name of it. So it was Fruit Brute. I didn't even know about Yummy Mummy. I don't remember that one at all.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    I've been really happy to see this thread because it helped answer a question that has plagued me for years. I remembered as a kid that at one time there was a Werewolf character that once upon a time was a cereal along with Count Chocula, Booberry and Frankenberry but I could never remember the name of it. So it was Fruit Brute. I didn't even know about Yummy Mummy. I don't remember that one at all.
    Well I'm glad you can now rest easier at night! lol

Heroic Warrior
    Just picked up a box of Count Chocula this week. They sell it year round where I grew up in Ohio.