Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 230

Thread: THE JOKER film origin story...with Scorsese producing?! Are you kidding?!!!

  1. #151
    The First Avenger Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Golden Age
    Posts
    5,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I think you mean Zendaya.
    This is what I meant about Marvel "bashing"

    Brie Larson AGAIN....people should quit already...This is a DC movie and thread but once again we get Marvel (Captain that is) bashing....it get's old

    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    A woman of color would clearly be a better choice, but Brie is brave, stunning, and would break barriers. She is a champion of diversity and inclusivity, and although the character of Captain Marvel was once a woman of color, Brie rightfully got the role, as she is the Hollywood Queen and is likewise right to be the upcoming terrifying, maniacal female Joker for a modern day. YASSSS Queen!

  2. #152
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    This is what I meant about Marvel "bashing"

    Brie Larson AGAIN....people should quit already...This is a DC movie and thread but once again we get Marvel (Captain that is) bashing....it get's old
    I am not bashing Marvel. I was just joking about Hollywood's casting decissions.

  3. #153
    The First Avenger Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Golden Age
    Posts
    5,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I am not bashing Marvel. I was just joking about Hollywood's casting decissions.
    Not you the post I copied underneath....

    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    A woman of color would clearly be a better choice, but Brie is brave, stunning, and would break barriers. She is a champion of diversity and inclusivity, and although the character of Captain Marvel was once a woman of color, Brie rightfully got the role, as she is the Hollywood Queen and is likewise right to be the upcoming terrifying, maniacal female Joker for a modern day. YASSSS Queen!
    People should REALLY do their homework if they want to get certain facts right....

  4. #154
    Heroic Warrior IceyCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Castle Chill
    Posts
    2,989
    I am not really a Super Spiderman fan, so correct me if I am wrong. Wasn't MJ ALWAYS a ginger? I do not understand why they felt compelled to race swap her. What is so stunning and brave about replacing a ginger with a black woman? LOL! Political correctness is Cancer.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

  5. #155
    Heroic Warrior davelove81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    a champagne supernova in the sky
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    I am not really a Super Spiderman fan, so correct me if I am wrong. Wasn't MJ ALWAYS a ginger? I do not understand why they felt compelled to race swap her. What is so stunning and brave about replacing a ginger with a black woman? LOL! Political correctness is Cancer.
    There are also rumours of Rihanna playing poison ivy in the new batman film too rip Mary Jane, ariel, starfire, and poison ivy amongst others , victims of the hollyweird gingercide epidemic Leslie Jones as Teela, don't bet against it

  6. #156
    Heroic Warrior IceyCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Castle Chill
    Posts
    2,989
    Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    There are also rumours of Rihanna playing poison ivy in the new batman film too rip Mary Jane, ariel, starfire, and poison ivy amongst others , victims of the hollyweird gingercide epidemic Leslie Jones as Teela, don't bet against it
    Why does Hollywood hate gingers?!? LOL!
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

  7. #157
    Heroic Warrior davelove81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    a champagne supernova in the sky
    Posts
    174
    No idea but most of the good writers and creators have been #metooed or sacked for something they said on MySpace in 2004 ten years from now all the new releases will look the same, and all the films you loved will either be banned for being problematic or "re-edited" George lucas style to be more diverse and inclusive. Even something as harmless as "F. R. I. E. N. D. S" is now being called problematic by sjws. So when twitter and tumbler tell me how much they hate joker, I'm all in
    Last edited by davelove81; September 15, 2019 at 10:28am.

  8. #158
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,269
    Ironically ginger people are a minority yet the SJWs are fine them being changed. Hypocrites! LOL.

  9. #159
    Heroic Warrior davelove81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    a champagne supernova in the sky
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Ironically ginger people are a minority yet the SJWs are fine them being changed. Hypocrites! LOL.
    They are now! I demand Richie cunningham be cast as blade or Im suing marvel for discrimination!

  10. #160
    Heroic Warrior IceyCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Castle Chill
    Posts
    2,989
    Oh My Space, how did I forget about you? Ha, maybe we should ALL go back to MS. Of course that was the first pale horse and harbinger of death (of our society). Social media is Cancer.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

  11. #161
    The First Avenger Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Golden Age
    Posts
    5,015
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    I am not really a Super Spiderman fan, so correct me if I am wrong. Wasn't MJ ALWAYS a ginger? I do not understand why they felt compelled to race swap her. What is so stunning and brave about replacing a ginger with a black woman? LOL! Political correctness is Cancer.
    Don't you google things?

    She's NOT Mary Jane Watson

    She's plays Michelle Jones...

    Just like Carol Danvers was Ms. Marvel FIRST and Monica Rambeau was the first female to use the name Captain Marvel BUT Danvers origin was ALWAYS tied to Captain Marvel if you google it you will see that...

    With all of the information on the internet i'm still surprised that people don't look it up first...

    Proves a point I make about being misinformed and just to complain about something just to complain without KNOWING the facts...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    Why does Hollywood hate gingers?!? LOL!
    They do?

    Karen Gillan is a Ginger and she's very popular now....

  12. #162
    Heroic Warrior davelove81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    a champagne supernova in the sky
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Don't you google things?

    She's NOT Mary Jane Watson

    She's plays Michelle Jones...

    Just like Carol Danvers was Ms. Marvel FIRST and Monica Rambeau was the first female to use the name Captain Marvel BUT Danvers origin was ALWAYS tied to Captain Marvel if you google it you will see that...

    With all of the information on the internet i'm still surprised that people don't look it up first...

    Proves a point I make about being misinformed and just to complain about something just to complain without KNOWING the facts...
    Michelle Jones was a much more iconic comic character and far more important to spidermans comic book history than Mary Jane and gwen Stacy combined. I also liked how they stayed true to the source material by ignoring that uncle Ben stuff the movies invented and returning the character to his "Tony stark sidekick" roots.

    All sarcasm aside, It's as true to the comics as this joker is or does spiderman get a pass because he's mcu (or was)

  13. #163
    Heroic Warrior IceyCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Castle Chill
    Posts
    2,989
    I do not care enough about Spiderman to be informed. I am not even sure if I watched the new one. If I did, it wasn't even memorable enough to get the characters names straight. Spiderman is BORING - LOL!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    Michelle Jones was a much more iconic comic character and far more important to spidermans comic book history than Mary Jane and gwen Stacy combined. I also liked how they stayed true to the source material by ignoring that uncle Ben stuff the movies invented and returning the character to his "Tony stark sidekick" roots.

    All sarcasm aside, It's as true to the comics as this joker is or does spiderman get a pass because he's mcu (or was)
    I always like the Uncle Ben angle because ANYONE could experience that and the aftermath. Sometimes these Super Hero stories are so far gone from what a normal person could experience/understand. Losing someone close to you because of your own inaction is heart breaking. It makes invest in the character on an emotional level. Like I cannot understand WW's origins or relate to them, but I can relate to Peter Parker.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also, Mega you need a different mode that just 'salty comic fan.' Seriously, it gets old. We get it. You are super duper smart and know everything there is to know about comics and everyone else sucks.

    LOL!
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

  14. #164
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    6,267
    Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    Michelle Jones was a much more iconic comic character and far more important to spidermans comic book history than Mary Jane and gwen Stacy combined. I also liked how they stayed true to the source material by ignoring that uncle Ben stuff the movies invented and returning the character to his "Tony stark sidekick" roots.

    All sarcasm aside, It's as true to the comics as this joker is or does spiderman get a pass because he's mcu (or was)
    Don't you realize, Google is important when it comes to "facts" that go alongside one's desire to tell others "the truth."

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post

    Also, Mega you need a different mode that just 'salty comic fan.' Seriously, it gets old. We get it. You are super duper smart and know everything there is to know about comics and everyone else sucks.

    LOL!
    Personally, I find this user to be a beacon of information, wisdom, and perpetual example of a model Orger (and ardent supporter of Marvel and especially . . . the Queen herself, Brie Larson, who happens to be THE Captain Marvel!).

  15. #165
    The First Avenger Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Golden Age
    Posts
    5,015
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    I do not care enough about Spiderman to be informed. I am not even sure if I watched the new one. If I did, it wasn't even memorable enough to get the characters names straight. Spiderman is BORING - LOL!

    - - - Updated - - -



    I always like the Uncle Ben angle because ANYONE could experience that and the aftermath. Sometimes these Super Hero stories are so far gone from what a normal person could experience/understand. Losing someone close to you because of your own inaction is heart breaking. It makes invest in the character on an emotional level. Like I cannot understand WW's origins or relate to them, but I can relate to Peter Parker.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also, Mega you need a different mode that just 'salty comic fan.' Seriously, it gets old. We get it. You are super duper smart and know everything there is to know about comics and everyone else sucks.

    LOL!
    Sarcasm... No I find it funny with ANYTHING nowadays people react without looking it up FACTS first...I don't it's more of being informed that giving a knee jerk reaction...When people do that without knowing the facts it makes the argument invalid...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    Michelle Jones was a much more iconic comic character and far more important to spidermans comic book history than Mary Jane and gwen Stacy combined. I also liked how they stayed true to the source material by ignoring that uncle Ben stuff the movies invented and returning the character to his "Tony stark sidekick" roots.

    All sarcasm aside, It's as true to the comics as this joker is or does spiderman get a pass because he's mcu (or was)
    Once again no...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Don't you realize, Google is important when it comes to "facts" that go alongside one's desire to tell others "the truth."

    - - - Updated - - -



    Personally, I find this user to be a beacon of information, wisdom, and perpetual example of a model Orger (and ardent supporter of Marvel and especially . . . the Queen herself, Brie Larson, who happens to be THE Captain Marvel!).
    Says this user who always gets his facts wrong because he has HIS own agenda...Which is really nothing but personal attacks...not facts...

    And since when is being knowledgeable about something being "Salty" because I actually know and am trying to let people know in a positive way? So knowing about something is worse I should no nothing about a certain subject be wrong and make fun of people that actually do KNOW something?
    Last edited by Megalodon; September 15, 2019 at 01:55pm.

  16. #166
    Heroic Warrior IceyCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Castle Chill
    Posts
    2,989
    OK, cause we are all friends here. Don't make me say 'Simma down nah!' Ha :P I think most of us were just being tongue in cheek and chit chatting. Not really complaining.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

  17. #167
    The First Avenger Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Golden Age
    Posts
    5,015
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    OK, cause we are all friends here. Don't make me say 'Simma down nah!' Ha :P I think most of us were just being tongue in cheek and chit chatting. Not really complaining.
    One person was...he'll be around soon enough....

  18. #168
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    6,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Once again no...
    C'mon, Darelove81. Get with it. You've been schooled. You've been given "facts."

  19. #169
    The First Avenger Megalodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Golden Age
    Posts
    5,015
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    C'mon, Darelove81. Get with it. You've been schooled. You've been given "facts."
    Yea your right...No facts are better that facts...you got me...

  20. #170
    Not my Tempo Fendi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    2,953
    this bantering is hilarious and beeping up my phone notification. Gonna switch off my notification.

    NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

  21. #171
    Heroic Warrior davelove81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    a champagne supernova in the sky
    Posts
    174
    All I know about spiderman is that he does whatever a spider can,....... except lay eggs and I know my posts are sarcastic but they're never angry, I post the way I'd talk if we were sat round a table in a pub talking about this stuff. I'm quite bantery in real life. If you guys wanna fight though, go for it, I'll get the drinks in while I'm googling spiderman


    White wine icey? Pint for rockinhard? I'll get you a koolaid megalodon

  22. #172
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    6,267
    Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    All I know about spiderman is that he does whatever a spider can,....... except lay eggs and I know my posts are sarcastic but they're never angry, I post the way I'd talk if we were sat round a table in a pub talking about this stuff. I'm quite bantery in real life. If you guys wanna fight though, go for it, I'll get the drinks in while I'm googling spiderman
    But what if your Googled facts dispute other facts? It's gonna get REAL up in here!

  23. #173
    Heroic Warrior IceyCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Castle Chill
    Posts
    2,989
    Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    All I know about spiderman is that he does whatever a spider can,....... except lay eggs and I know my posts are sarcastic but they're never angry, I post the way I'd talk if we were sat round a table in a pub talking about this stuff. I'm quite bantery in real life. If you guys wanna fight though, go for it, I'll get the drinks in while I'm googling spiderman


    White wine icey? Pint for rockinhard? I'll get you a koolaid megalodon

    Same. Let's see, if this was me back in my college days I would say give me a Corona with a lime and a shot of Wild Turkey (I have some country in me - LOL).
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

  24. #174
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Sarcasm... No I find it funny with ANYTHING nowadays people react without looking it up FACTS first...I don't it's more of being informed that giving a knee jerk reaction...When people do that without knowing the facts it makes the argument invalid...

    - - - Updated - - -



    Once again no...

    - - - Updated - - -



    Says this user who always gets his facts wrong because he has HIS own agenda...Which is really nothing but personal attacks...not facts...

    And since when is being knowledgeable about something being "Salty" because I actually know and am trying to let people know in a positive way? So knowing about something is worse I should no nothing about a certain subject be wrong and make fun of people that actually do KNOW something?
    But you have to admit it really wasn't necessary to call her MJ. MJ is what Spider-Man called Mary Jane. They could have called her literally anything else and it wouldn't have made a difference to the script.

  25. #175
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    6,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    But you have to admit it really wasn't necessary to call her MJ. MJ is what Spider-Man called Mary Jane. They could have called her literally anything else and it wouldn't have made a difference to the script.
    You're gonna get Googled and corrected, sir!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •